frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

This is a valid depiction of marriage, change my mind.

Debate Information

smoothie

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Na...…..your just an unreliable witness...no need to change your mind.
    YeshuaBought
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    John_C_87 said:
    Na...…..your just an unreliable witness...no need to change your mind.
    Bigot. That is a lie.
  • @YeshuaRedeemed ;
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot

You are not improving the reliability of your ability to be a witness of any marriage in any way. How are people holding hands with another person generating a marriage to you? I see only the potential for three marriages, one Binivir, one UnosMulier, and one marriage ;or a skittles advertisement.
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; There is no marriage covenant expect the one established by our Creator in The Genesis where one-man and one-woman are joined as one-flesh in the protective bond of Marriage for life. Any other relationship involving sex is deemed as immorality, sin, by our Creator and will be judged as same in Eternity. Unless the homosexual - lesbian repents of their sin and turns to Jesus Christ as Lord for the mediation of that sin, they will not see life in God's Kingdom.

smoothieZombieguy1987
  • @RickeyD ;

There are civil Unions...
    Lesbian and homosexual are accusation not just admissions and are likelihoods as is marriage.
    John_C_87 said:
    @YeshuaRedeemed ;
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot

You are not improving the reliability of your ability to be a witness of any marriage in any way. How are people holding hands with another person generating a marriage to you? I see only the potential for three marriages, one Binivir, one UnosMulier, and one marriage ;or a skittles advertisement.
    Keep your propaganda to yourself.
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; There is no marriage covenant expect the one established by our Creator in The Genesis where one-man and one-woman are joined as one-flesh in the protective bond of Marriage for life. Any other relationship involving sex is deemed as immorality, sin, by our Creator and will be judged as same in Eternity. Unless the homosexual - lesbian repents of their sin and turns to Jesus Christ as Lord for the mediation of that sin, they will not see life in God's Kingdom.

Keep your homophobia to yourself, you don't have the right to be a bigot.
  • John_C_87 said:
    Na...…..your just an unreliable witness...no need to change your mind.
    Bigot. That is a lie.

Are you voicing a legal objection to an account of Binivir and Unosmulier as a civil basic likelihood?

It is truth, it is provable, it is generally witnessable by all as a description.

• RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87 ; There may be civil unions but they are NOT marriages they are bastions of sexual perversion. There is only one Marriage Covenant existing and that's the Covenant between one-man/one-woman becoming one-flesh for life. Mankind cannot redefine what God has established and ordained. Same-sex unions are sin and unless the participants STOP living in wanton immorality and turn to Jesus Christ as Lord, they will die in their sins and ultimately die a second death in Hell.

There is no such entity as a "gay Christian." There are "former" gay Christians but not active gay Christians.

Obergefell v. Hodges (2015) is a sham and a curse upon the American people before God.

smoothie
    RickeyD said:
    @John_C_87 ; There may be civil unions but they are NOT marriages they are bastions of sexual perversion. There is only one Marriage Covenant existing and that's the Covenant between one-man/one-woman becoming one-flesh for life. Mankind cannot redefine what God has established and ordained. Same-sex unions are sin and unless the participants STOP living in wanton immorality and turn to Jesus Christ as Lord, they will die in their sins and ultimately die a second death in Hell.

There is no such entity as a "gay Christian." There are "former" gay Christians but not active gay Christians.

Obergefell v. Hodges (2015) is a sham and a curse upon the American people before God.

You don't have the right to spout hate, reported.
  • RickeyD said:

They are generic marriages set under law as a common defense to the general welfare of the witness. The witness, of the people, for the people. Because of the creation of citizen that is a likelihood of the partnership between a man and woman. Binivir and Unosmulier are a witness account set constitutionally depicting only a partnership that can be made between to identical genders as a creation of citizen must transpire outside this type partnership.

The violation of the 14th Amendment can and does also takes place against the witness of events made publicly as they are entrapped to commit perjury on an official document as witness verbally before the court.

I would remind RickyD that a gay Christian is a happy Christian by the liberties of speech without cost and only self-value. The word Gay unlike President or Marriage cannot legally be set with a restricted definition by use of a witness inside the legal process. While Obrtgefell Vs. Hodgers is a Supreme court ruling citing only an equal protection to people under law and not only constitutional law.

Equal protection of the witnesses. Binivir, Unosmulier, Civil union, and Marriage. No instigation, no presumption. No taunting. Did assault and other criminal charges always apply equally outside of the idea of tampering?

• jimiscooljimiscool 4 Pts   -  
    I was liberal on this topic, but ever since gay marriage became legalized the LGBTQ community has become more and more decadent- they started targeting kids. They're forcing lessons on sexuality to grade-school kids, ever-since there has been an increase in trans-trenders because they think it's cool or unique to be a different gender; so kids are taking hormone pills and the parents can't even object.

The conservatives warned that something like this was bound to happen- and now look. I fear there will be an increase in pedophilia acceptance. I saw a stat, which could be wrong keep in mind, that 33% of homosexuals are pedophiles. The scary part is makes sense when you see how the LGBTQ community has been targeting children, with their drag queen story hours and such.
    RickeyDsmoothie
  • jimiscool said:
    I was liberal on this topic, but ever since gay marriage became legalized the LGBTQ community has become more and more decadent- they started targeting kids. They're forcing lessons on sexuality to grade-school kids, ever-since there has been an increase in trans-trenders because they think it's cool or unique to be a different gender; so kids are taking hormone pills and the parents can't even object.

The conservatives warned that something like this was bound to happen- and now look. I fear there will be an increase in pedophilia acceptance. I saw a stat, which could be wrong keep in mind, that 33% of homosexuals are pedophiles. The scary part is makes sense when you see how the LGBTQ community has been targeting children, with their drag queen story hours and such.
    Perjury was never made legal. Nor is tampering with a witness. The basic principle is a verbal partnership made between partners can be made legally binding with a proper account by made by witness. 
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @jimiscool
    jimiscool said:
    I was liberal on this topic, but ever since gay marriage became legalized the LGBTQ community has become more and more decadent- they started targeting kids. They're forcing lessons on sexuality to grade-school kids
    Define "targeting kids", do you mean teaching them about sexuality in general or LGBT? I was taught about sexuality and puberty in 5th grade in a conservative state and that carried over into health class in middle school. If anything, the school system would be perverted in that light for heterosexuality. I assume you must be against this because it is LGBT and not heterosexuality, because sexuality has always been in public education.
    jimiscool said:
    ever-since there has been an increase in trans-trenders because they think it's cool or unique to be a different gender; so kids are taking hormone pills and the parents can't even object.
    Where would a child get hormone pills from without going through their parents? I believe you need a prescription for hormones and a parent has to sign on it when it is for a minor, that's true for any perscription medicine. I will say I believe in an age limit for hormone pills as they could permanently change a person, even more than a tattoo which in most states has an 18 year age limit. (but that is my personal view)
    jimiscool said:
    LGBTQ will never accept actual pedophilia. Pedophiles would definitely have to go and form their own group if they wanted acceptance, and pedophiles still beg to be let into LGBTQ with no results. Many LGBTQ members hate being affiliated with pedophilia since it was a scare tactic to relate homosexuality to it. LGBTQ members have been fighting against the so called "MAPs" for years now. If LGBTQ let pedophilia be accepted in their community, they would lose decades of progress and lose any credibility from a large population (including from me). I would not worry about this

LGBTQ and "drag queen story hours" may want to discuss their discrimination to children to avoid bullying and giving a lesson in accepting differences, however, that is hardly "coercing" them into any sexuality. These readings have been almost entirely in public settings with other adults, if the drag queen started to tell kids about sex I think the adults would stop them and there would be documented cases of this. I will also say I don't think this is an entirely appropriate way to showcase difference to children. (but that is my personal view again)

I will tell you that 33% stat is bogus and spread by social conservatives to scare people from legalizing same-sex marriage and adoption. Pedophilia is extremely different from homosexuality and has not been found to be scientifically/psychologically correlated in any way.

These studies discuss this correlation.

"The distinction between a victim's gender and a perpetrator's sexual orientation is important because many child molesters don't really have an adult sexual orientation. They have never developed the capacity for mature sexual relationships with other adults, either men or women. Instead, their sexual attractions focus on children – boys, girls, or children of both sexes"

"Using the fixated-regressed distinction, Groth and Birnbaum (1978) studied 175 adult males who were convicted in Massachusetts of sexual assault against a child. None of the men had an exclusively homosexual adult sexual orientation. 83 (47%) were classified as "fixated;" 70 others (40%) were classified as regressed adult heterosexuals; the remaining 22 (13%) were classified as regressed adult bisexuals. Of the last group, Groth and Birnbaum observed that "in their adult relationships they engaged in sex on occasion with men as well as with women. However, in no case did this attraction to men exceed their preference for women...There were no men who were primarily sexually attracted to other adult males..." (p.180)."

"Given the precision used by professional sex researchers, the question ‘How many gay men are pedophiles?’ also evaporates. To ask ‘how many gay men are pedophiles’ is to ask ‘how many of the men with a primary interest in adults have a primary interest in non-adults?’ The answer is none. This answer, however, is not mere word-play. It is long established that both homosexual teleiophiles and heterosexual teleiophiles show the same (very low) level of erotic response to stimuli involving children (Freund et al., 1973). If one’s primary interest is in adults, it is not in children, regardless of the child’s sex."

why so serious?
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @John_C_87 ; There does NOT exist an entity called "Gay Christian"...this is an impossibility. No one can willfully sin against God and consider them self a Christian...it won't happen. There are "former" homosexuals-lesbians who repented of their sin (stopped the immoral conduct) and trusted in Jesus Christ...but no man who takes another man's penis into his mouth or anus and no woman who licks on the vulva of another woman will find life in God's Kingdom but their sin is upon them lest they repent and turn to Jesus as Lord!

It is written...

Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness. 5 You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin. 6 No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. 7 Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; 8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.  1 John 3:4-10 (NASB)

No one who has entered into a relationship with God the Father by grace through faith in Jesus Christ as Lord for the mediation of sin and having received the indwelling Holy Spirit as Guarantor of that relationship can continue to live in willful sin. If one is truly "born again" by the Spirit of God, disobedience to the God they love is unconscionable and through the process of sanctification, the Christian strives to live a life that honors God in obedience.

Homosexuality-Lesbianism-Transsexualism these are an abomination to our God and unless the participants in same repent and turn to Jesus Christ as Lord for the forgiveness of sin, they will NOT enter the Kingdom of God subsequent to death of the body in Time but they will ultimately die in sin and die a second death in Hell.

smoothie
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1715 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD
    You said:
    It is written...

Written it may be, but written in a 2000-year-old book that was published in a time when society didn't tolerate homosexuality. Now, we have moved on from this. It is obvious that we should stop taking a 2000-year-old book as the absolute truth and learn to accept our differences.
    smoothie
  • @RickeyD ;
    @John_C_87 ; There does NOT exist an entity called "Gay Christian"...this is an impossibility. No one can willfully sin against God and consider them self a Christian...it won't happen.
    Are you saying there are no happy Christians so Gay is not an option? Being Homosexual or lesbian is not a requiem, it is a public likelihood as united state with marriage. The bad news it is not marriage yet it still holds a likelihood. It would suggest their are either private BiniVir or Unosmulier partnerships any citizen, including those of your lord's kingdom know realistically anything other than basic fact.

It would seem to me you may be limiting an independence from a devoted religious woman of her own faith, as so she is not to seek a partner of faith with another nun and find equal liberty as with all others. As it might stand for two men of the same honor.