frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

True or false?

Debate Information

smoothieZeusAres42

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; Cognitive dissonance is a powerful entity in the life of the sexually compromising atheist and the Truth of Scripture is almost always interpreted as hate and bigotry. When the sexually immoral atheist living in homosexuality and lesbianism are angered by the Truth of Scripture, don't point fingers at the messenger and remember that Jesus Christ never said to follow Christians but to "follow me."

I bet Gandhi wishes he had listened to those Christian missionaries sent to India to introduce the Indian people to Jesus Christ. If Gandhi rejected Jesus as Lord, he is currently awaiting the Judgment while most uncomfortable in the region of Hades-Sheol/Torments (Luke 16).

It's too late for Gandhi but not too late for you. Turn away from the deathstyle that is lesbianism and repent of your sin, trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and find new life, a wonderful life in His Name.

smoothiemaxxanarchist100
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaRedeemed Let me be the first to do some reverse psycho-analytics on the manipulation via classic religious social engineering presented by @RickeyD

RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; Cognitive dissonance is a powerful entity in the life of the sexually compromising atheist and the Truth of Scripture is almost always interpreted as hate and bigotry. 
    What is implied here is that you ( specifically you, that is ) are wrong, , arrogant and only the scripture is right.

When the sexually immoral atheist living in homosexuality and lesbianism are angered by the Truth of Scripture, don't point fingers at the messenger and remember that Jesus Christ never said to follow Christians but to "follow me." 
    Now he is saying you are wrong for being who you are. He is attempting to make you feel shame so that you will accept his advice.
    I bet Gandhi wishes he had listened to those Christian missionaries sent to India to introduce the Indian people to Jesus Christ. If Gandhi rejected Jesus as Lord, he is currently awaiting the Judgment while most uncomfortable in the region of Hades-Sheol/Torments (Luke 16). 
    Now he subverts your values, by declaring Gandhi is being tortured he demonizes him so to make an example. This is a classic attempt to sow the seeds of fear, to keep you in line and behaving as demanded.
    It's too late for Gandhi but not too late for you. Turn away from the deathstyle that is lesbianism and repent of your sin, trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and find new life, a wonderful life in His Name.
    And finally, he wraps it up nicely and makes his demand.

Do what I say or else!

This proves that Gandhi is at least partially correct in his assumption that Christians are not Christ like. The rest is subjective, so we will never know.
    PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42smoothie
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; Cognitive dissonance is a powerful entity in the life of the sexually compromising atheist and the Truth of Scripture is almost always interpreted as hate and bigotry. When the sexually immoral atheist living in homosexuality and lesbianism are angered by the Truth of Scripture, don't point fingers at the messenger and remember that Jesus Christ never said to follow Christians but to "follow me."

Like you would know anything about following Jesus. He said to love your neighbor.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6019 Pts   -  
    First, while I dislike Christianity (or any other organised religion, for that matter), I cannot support painting all Christians as dislikeable.

Second, I dislike Gandhi as well, whose activities led to a very poor independence scenario, with the country fracturing in two opposing parts (as well as the most volatile region in the world, Kashmir) and most people ending up impoverished, with bankrupt economy and survival of the caste system.

Third, we do not know enough about Jesus of Nazareth to assess his similarity to the Christians of Gandhi's times. A lot of glorification of Jesus has been done throughout history; chances are that in reality he was a much more authoritarian person, given what kind of times he lived in, than we like to imagine him. He might not have approved of Gandhi's independence campaign, for example.
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2716 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    RickeyD said:

Like you would know anything about following Jesus. He said to love your neighbor.

You cannot reason with someone who has abandoned reason.
    Plaffelvohfen

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

****  Cognitive dissonance is a powerful entity

You being a perfect example of such in action 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    Good God Gandhi, I have to agree with you! (About MANY, that is, not all).
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42 ; Love is telling your neighbor the Truth so that he does not die without hope.

• ghandi was nothing more than a self-righteous person who did nothing.