frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

How do christians cope effectively with their Atheism?

Debate Information

Recently our mutual friend @ZeusAres42 proved that believers in a god are in fact Atheists as they deny other gods , God himself in the Bible admits his Atheism ..... 

New International Version

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

The Christian god denies Allah by saying their  “ is but one lord” , this makes the Christian god an atheist.......

I like to welcome @TKDB @RickyD @jesusisGod777 etc , etc into the atheist club .....great to have you guys on board .....welcome 
smoothieqwerrty

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Dee said:
    Recently our mutual friend @ZeusAres42 proved that believers in a god are in fact Atheists as they deny other gods , God himself in the Bible admits his Atheism ..... 

New International Version

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

The Christian god denies Allah by saying their  “ is but one lord” , this makes the Christian god an atheist.......

I like to welcome @TKDB @RickyD @jesusisGod777 etc , etc into the atheist club .....great to have you guys on board .....welcome 
    God is an Atheist at least according to the Bible, and other religious scriptures as well as religious people. However, are all Theists also Atheists or is that a non sequitur? Since Theism is broadly defined as a belief in a Supreme deity or dieties then they can't really be Atheists. It doesn't matter if they don't believe in the same God or Gods the fact is they still believe in a God or Gods and by that Definitiion they are still Theists.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Yes I guess so but it’s rather bizarre to dismiss all other gods yet accept just one , but then again logic never came into it in the first place ......It matters not either because god is  definitely Atheist so they believe in a god  that doesn’t believe in god 
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @Dee ; There is one God to whom Dee will given an account in Eternity for the life lived in Time i.e. Jesus Christ (Philippians 2:10-11). God cannot be an atheist as He acknowledges Himself and the only God and there is no other (Isaiah 45:5-6)...God cannot deny Himself; therefore, God cannot be an atheist because an atheist is a "fool" and God is not a fool (Psalm 14:1; Proverbs 1:7; 9:10; Romans 1:21-23); God cannot be an atheist because every atheist is a and God cannot lie (Numbers 23:19; Titus 1:2; Romans 1:18-32); God cannot be an atheist because every atheist is mortal and God is Eternal/Everlasting (Psalm 90:2); God cannot be an atheist because every atheist is dying in unrepentant sin and God does not sin (Habakkuk 1:13).

God does not deny Allah as the god of this age, Satan (2 Corinthians 4:4). God has given partial dominion to Allah and God uses Allah/Satan to separate the faithful from the unfaithful; the wheat from the chaff; the sheep from the goats; the Light from the darkness; Heaven from Hell.  Allah is not who Dee alleges because Dee lives in spiritual ignorance and is absent the Holy Spirit and serves Allah - Satan unaware. Do not listen to Dee; Dee is an antagonist against God in servitude of Satan. Dee is not wise but foolish and headed to death in sin and Hell because Dee has been blinded by Allah and Dee clamors and froths over dying in Hell...this is the mindset of the demonic. Do not go that way!

ZeusAres42AlofRIDee
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD Allah and Yahweh are the same god, I guess you really do worship the devil.
    AlofRIZeusAres42
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    As one speaker put it, "Everyone is atheist for thousands of gods. Some of us just take it one god further."

If lack of belief in a god puts one in hell in the afterlife, then all of us are going to be put in thousands, if not millions, hells simultaneously. What does one more hell matter?
    ZeusAres42AlofRIxlJ_dolphin_473
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Just had another thought, believers deny all other gods except their own and will state "there is no god but my god " it's rather like someone saying they don't believe in ghosts but yet believe in one ghost 
    AlofRI
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

Your denial of Allah leaves you in a perilous situation and you labelling Allah as Satan has doomed you to an eternity of suffering.

Muhammed was the last revealed prophet making your book of fiction the Bile obselete , your gods atheism condemns him also to an eternity of suffering as he denies his creator Allah the one true god ......

Repent , fall to your knees and beg Allah for mercy before it's to late 

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2718 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    RickeyD said:
    @Dee ; There is one God to whom Dee will given an account in Eternity for the life lived in Time i.e. Jesus Christ (Philippians 2:10-11). God cannot be an atheist as He acknowledges Himself and the only God and there is no other (Isaiah 45:5-6)...God cannot deny Himself; therefore, God cannot be an atheist because an atheist is a "fool" and God is not a fool (Psalm 14:1; Proverbs 1:7; 9:10; Romans 1:21-23); God cannot be an atheist because every atheist is a and God cannot lie (Numbers 23:19; Titus 1:2; Romans 1:18-32); God cannot be an atheist because every atheist is mortal and God is Eternal/Everlasting (Psalm 90:2); God cannot be an atheist because every atheist is dying in unrepentant sin and God does not sin (Habakkuk 1:13).

God does not deny Allah as the god of this age, Satan (2 Corinthians 4:4). God has given partial dominion to Allah and God uses Allah/Satan to separate the faithful from the unfaithful; the wheat from the chaff; the sheep from the goats; the Light from the darkness; Heaven from Hell.  Allah is not who Dee alleges because Dee lives in spiritual ignorance and is absent the Holy Spirit and serves Allah - Satan unaware. Do not listen to Dee; Dee is an antagonist against God in servitude of Satan. Dee is not wise but foolish and headed to death in sin and Hell because Dee has been blinded by Allah and Dee clamors and froths over dying in Hell...this is the mindset of the demonic. Do not go that way!

Now the guy is just making stuff up. Nowhere in the Bible does God talk about being a theist or denying himself from being an atheist . It's obvious that if God does not believe or denies a higher power than himself he is an atheist by this definition. This is a self evident truth that actually many theists also accept. Of course, @RickeyD and a few others like him here seem to have trouble comprehending self evident truths.  desperation from this guy speaks volumes.

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar ;

FYI . It was Richard Dawkins who said: "We are all atheists about most of the gods humanity has believed in. Some of us just go one god further."

Some others with relevance: "God is a comedian playing to an audience to afraid to laugh."  Voltaire  1694-1778

"It is the experience of mystery, even if mixed with fear, that engendered religion." Al Einstein

But I think the answer to how Christians cope with their atheism is in Pascals wager. It is SAFER to believe in god, even if there is NO PROOF that ONE EXISTS. :smirk:
    MayCaesar
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar ; You are eternally incorrect. There is ONLY ONE-God who created matter - this Universe - Time - Life i.e. Jesus Christ-Yeshua (1 Timothy 2:5); you will ultimately pay obeisance to Jesus Christ as Lord either in Time or in Eternity but you will bend a knee and confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father (Philippians 2:10-11; Romans 14:11); the most critical point being, if you make that confession while in the body constrained by Time you will be forgiven of sin and find life in God's Kingdom forever (Romans 10:9-10), but if you make that confession under coercion/duress in Eternity, the Age of Grace will have passed, you will have died in unrepentant sin (John 8:24) and you will ultimately die a second death in Hell (Revelation 20:11-15) because God the Father is NOT going to permit your unrepentant sin to enter His Kingdom subsequent to death of the body (Revelation 21:27).

Our God loves you sufficiently to have died for you at the Crucifixion in order to provide you a pardon from death in sin and death in Hell (John 3:16; John 14:6). Please accept this pardon by confessing Jesus as Lord before it's no longer available and you find yourself in Eternity without hope (Hebrews 9:27-28).

ZeusAres42AlofRI
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @RickeyD

Has Jesus written a chat bot to interact with humanity? There does not seem to be any variety in its posting; the same few quotes and images.

Tell him to utilise a continuously training neural network in the future. And I will go cavort with Aphrodite in the meantime!
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar ; Jesus walked among His creation for 33.5-yrs and defined God, origin, purpose, morality, destiny and today God-Jesus communicates with His creation through the written word and the Holy Spirit relevant to the one who believes that Jesus is God who died to pay their sin-debt. Without Jesus as Lord over your life, you have no hope!

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

Why does God need a chat box or the internet to communicate with humanity, when there are Religious buildings around the world, where the words of God, are spoken, outside of the artificiality of the internet where some of the internet based Atheist, rely on the internet, to get their messaging out to the world, via a primitive chat box?

The word of God is timeless, and the internet pales in comparison to God's word.

No matter how many artificial ways that some try to outdo God, and his word.

The internet and Science are handicapped by some of humanity, because those individuals, misuse both the internet, and Science, for their non Religious bidding.

"Has Jesus written a chat bot to interact with humanity? There does not seem to be any variety in its posting; the same few quotes and images."

"Tell him to utilise a continuously training neural network in the future. And I will go cavort with Aphrodite in the meantime."
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Last I checked, those religious buildings were inhabited by humans, not gods, who speak human words, not god's words. I do not remember any angels or demons in churches that I visited. Except for the only demon which was me - but they did not seem to mind me.
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2718 Pts   -   edited December 2019

Dee said:
    @ZeusAres42

Yes I guess so but it’s rather bizarre to dismiss all other gods yet accept just one , but then again logic never came into it in the first place ......It matters not either because god is  definitely Atheist so they believe in a god  that doesn’t believe in god 

One thing for sure though is that God is an Atheist. Some people (not all theists; just the morons) have trouble understanding what inverse statements are which are often made by God and others in the Bible. They also seem to have trouble understanding concepts like "implications," "inferences," "narrative," and so forth.

Saying God is not an Atheist is like saying 4/2 is not the inverse of 2*2. God being an Atheist is a self-evident concept based on deductive reasoning. @Dee
    Dee

• RickeyD said:
    @MayCaesar ; Jesus walked among His creation for 33.5-yrs and defined God, origin, purpose, morality, destiny and today God-Jesus communicates with His creation through the written word and the Holy Spirit relevant to the one who believes that Jesus is God who died to pay their sin-debt. Without Jesus as Lord over your life, you have no hope!

@RickeyD

• Dee said:
    @ZeusAres42

One thing for sure though is that God is an Atheist. Some people (not all theists; just the morons) have trouble understanding what inverse statements are which are often made by God and others in the Bible. They also seem to have trouble understanding concepts like "implications," "inferences," "narrative," and so forth.

Saying God is not an Atheist is like saying 4/2 is not the inverse of 2*2. God being an Atheist is a self-evident concept based on deductive reasoning. @Dee
    How is a form of algebra equation, or better yet a numerical axion atheist? Does it think to sit and wait for any human to recognize it?
    Funny, I though god being atheist is just another form of public plagiarism meant as endearment.
    ZeusAres42Dee
    John_C_87 said:

Dee said:
    @ZeusAres42

How is a form of algebra equation, or better yet a numerical axion atheist? Does it think to sit and wait for any human to recognize it?
    Funny, I though god being atheist is just another form of public plagiarism meant as endearment.
    Your fallacy is saying that I called a mathematical expression an atheist which was not what stated, should not be implied and should not have been inferred. If you want to make an argument against what I actually said then make sure it's based on what I said as opposed to a strawman. Unless you like arguing with thin air and if that is the case then by all means continue.

I made an analogy. You made a blatant fallacy. @John_C_87

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    I "cope with [my] atheism" the same way Christians "cope" with their Christianity, I BELIEVE in it.