frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

A vegan diet is unhealthy and is very harmful. Change my mind.

Debate Information

Now. I’m a vegetarian. But I eat eggs and dairy so I get lots of nutrients like that. But you can’t do that with a vegan diet. Change my mind.
  1. Live Poll

Are you vegan

4 votes
    1. Yes
        0.00%
    2. No
      100.00%
  2. Live Poll

Are you a nutritionist or a dietician

4 votes
    1. Yes
        0.00%
    2. No
      100.00%
About Persuade Me

Persuaded Argument

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    It really depends on the particular diet you are following. The biggest problem with most vegan diets is insufficient amount of proteins in them. There are ways around that, but typically they cost a lot more money than regular diet, and can be harder to follow.

As far as I know, the most common substitute of meat for proteins is mushrooms. Mushrooms tend to be much more expensive, as they are much harder to grow and/or harvest, than farm animal meat - and they can be harder to come by in grocery stores. But, as far as I know, they are a valid substitute. 

Personally, I am neither vegan nor vegetarian, but I very rarely eat meat, for a variety of reasons (having nothing to do with my support of animal rights). I absolutely cannot live without dairy products, however. Dairy products and grains are the bread and butter in my diet, and I cannot imagine replacing them with anything else.
    itsnicolemate

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• @MayCaesar Yep. Totally agree with you. But also. You would have to take an ungodly amount of supplements to get the levels of b12 that you need to stay healthy. And those are very expensive without being vegan. Even more so when they are. So I think it might be a question of if a vegan diet is reasonable.
  • maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    actually, humans would be much better off eating just the foods that nature provided for us to eat. nuts, whole grains, fruits, veggies, seeds and yes even eggs.  however the eggs we eat today come from chickens that are fed processed foods and we should eat either organic eggs or eggs known to be as natural as possible. Now, dairy is a different story. There is none in nature aside from the milk we get from mothers or animals. humans are the only animal who actively consume milk after they can eat solid foods(unless actually given it by humans). The biggest problem with be a vegetarian is it is hard to get proper amounts of b-12, which eggs have plenty.  even sea weed contains only trace amounts of b-12 so I see no problem with eggs. although I fail to see the benefits you may get from dairy that you cant get from plants. all dairy is processed and vitamins are then put back into it afterwards including calcium in which you can get naturally from various green plants. there is plenty of lean protein in plants and legumes although the amount you need would depend on how active your life is. processed foods are what is unhealthy. enzymes are destroyed during processing and chemicals which are foreign to our bodies are put into these processed foods. even cooked foods are not that healthy and cooked is nothing more than a polite word for burned.  that's what heat does.  put your hand in a hot skillet; burns does it not.  just because the food we fry is no longer alive still doesn't belay the fact that when we fry or bake we are burning it.  we just burn it to the point where we still want to eat it is all. so called cooked food is very high in cancer causing  carcinogens so if you wish to stay healthy I suggest you stick to food that is as close to nature as possible. it is your cells that keeps you healthy and they need the minerals and nutrients from raw live woods in order to function as designed. @itsnicolemate
    itsnicolemate