frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

When your time comes, in what way would you preferred to be remembered?

Debate Information

1) Maybe, for your life on the internet, and how you expressed yourself via your individual perception or opinion, and how you treated other's?
In a positive or a negative way?

2) Or for your life, away from the internet?
And how you lived your life, and worked at improving your family life, your community life, and at bettering your own life? 

We all cross paths, with various individuals, whether in real life, or on the internet, which in a sense defines who we are.

And our words, perceptions, and opinions, combined create a psychological imprint, on how we have affected others, and ourselves. 

So basically, it comes down to, what any individual views as being endearing to them, individually?

Your real life based life?

Or your internet based life? 
Plaffelvohfen

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    For the way I was, for the (mostly) good things I did. That's about all I could hope for, that's enough.
    tiffany318
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    Never really cared about it. Once I am dead, the world is gone from my perspective, so how people remember me in it is entirely irrelevant.

As for me, I want to be able to confidently say on the deathbed that I lived my life to the fullest. The saddest thing I can think of is appearing in one of those Youtube videos where the old people say, "I wish I did this, this and this. I regret it so much now."
    Plaffelvohfensmoothie
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

I disagree with you.

There are quotations from various individuals, who's individual words are very relevant:

Jesus.

Ghandi.

Mother Teresa.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Ronald Reagan.

Abraham Lincoln.

John F. Kennedy.

Stephen Hawking.

Charles Krauthammer.

And so on.

"Never really cared about it.
    Once I am dead, the world is gone from my perspective, so how people remember me in it is entirely irrelevant."

tiffany318ZeusAres42
    @TKDB ;

They may be relevant to us, but not to them, as they are not around to see us quoting them.

Perhaps someone will quote me 1,000 years from now; perhaps not. Either way, it will not make any difference to the remains of my corpse, will it?
    tiffany318
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @MayCaesar

You're entitled to view things as you wish to.

It's your opinion, and your perception.

"Either way, it will not make any difference to the remains of my corpse, will it?"

Your life, is based on the individual credentials of how you express yourself to others in real life, and how you express yourself on the internet, yes, or no?

The internet, is how some are segregating themselves, by how they balance their segregated selves. 

Their internet life, and their real life, away from the internet.

Jesus has made a difference in peoples lives, generations after his death.

Just as the words of these other individuals have:

Ghandi.

Mother Teresa.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Ronald Reagan.

Abraham Lincoln.

John F. Kennedy.

Stephen Hawking.

Charles Krauthammer.

Life is about more, than just an individuals corpse. 

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    I wouldn’t give a toss as I will be dead end of story , why would anyone worry about what others thought of them anyway?
    Plaffelvohfen
    @TKDB

I do not understand your references to the Internet; I fail to see how the Internet relates to the discussion.

To me, no, life is not more. You get born, live and die; that is all there is to it, as far as you as a human being are concerned. Now, you may have goals in life that overpass your individual life, and that is fine; but ultimately all of your goals, one way or the other, are tied to one singular goal: to be happy. And once you are dead, you cannot be happy any more, so everything after that becomes meaningless.
    Plaffelvohfen
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    No one remembers me now, not even God, so why would He and they then? Some are loved, some are not. That's why I am not a Christian anymore, because God and His followers are civil rights violaters. I am better off dead.
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    TKDB said:
    @MayCaesar

I disagree with you.

There are quotations from various individuals, who's individual words are very relevant:

Jesus.

Ghandi.

Mother Teresa.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Ronald Reagan.

Abraham Lincoln.

John F. Kennedy.

Stephen Hawking.

Charles Krauthammer.

And so on.

"Never really cared about it.
    Once I am dead, the world is gone from my perspective, so how people remember me in it is entirely irrelevant."

Jesus is not relevant, and is a hypocrite.
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1712 Pts   -  
    I share the opinion of most the people who have posted, that I would not care about how people who remember me after I am dead, because it would no longer be relevant to me. Once I am dead, I am gone from the world, so it would not matter if I am remembered as a hero or a social outcast. But I would care most about my life on the internet and what impact I made to the online community.