frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

The original snowflakes

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

I see, that you're off topic, by making me the focus of your argument?

"Do you ever concede that you were wrong or mistaken about anything? Or do you see yourself as some infallible human incapable of making any mistake or being wrong about anything? And you see everything you say as being the Gospel Truth right?"

"Tip. “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.” - Sun Tzu, Art of War."

Does any of your word's towards me, have anything to do with these words?

"The original snowflakes"

"According to Urban dictionary:

Snowflake: Adj : A term for someone that thinks they are unique and special, but really are not. It gained popularity after the movie "Fight Club" from the quote “You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else." 

I see, that you're off topic, by making me the focus of your argument?

Does any of your word's towards me, have anything to do with these words?

"According to Urban dictionary:

Snowflake: Adj : A term for someone that thinks they are unique and special, but really are not. It gained popularity after the movie "Fight Club" from the quote “You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Hey buddy I got you a jumbo box of tissues to help dry up your tears , I know they won’t last long as your wailing seems to be continuous ......Whats your address? Or will I just post them ......For TKDB care off / Westboro Baptist Church?

• MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1121 Pts   -  
    @Dee. People sin.  Not everyone who sins is excommunicated from the Church.

Also i still dont see how theybare sabataging prevention, again they arent teeling people who have intercourse outside of marriage not to use contraception, just that if within marriage you shouldn't be.
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers @Dee Wasn't the problem with the Catholic church and HIV that the pope suggested that condoms would make the problem worse, and that in order to not get the disease, that you had to have sex with a virgin, which was misinterpreted to mean "having sex with a virgin cures HIV" Instead of marital fidelity?
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • @TKDB

This debate is about the sensitivities of some people that also happen to be religious. If you want to make a comical post about about non existent atheist snowflakes please do it on comedy Central. Remember this is a debate site. 

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

@Dee

Search the Internet, and educate the WORLD, on how God, Jesus, or the Bible, is in Jail for life, or is on death row, for child abuse, or for any parent or adult, for killing their own kids, or someone else's kids?

How God, Jesus, or the Bible is responsible for mans obsession with Abortion, Drug Abuse, Alcohol Abuse, War, and so on?

"This debate is about the sensitivities of some people that also happen to be religious. If you want to make a comical post about about non existent atheist snowflakes please do it on comedy Central. Remember this is a debate site."

"Hey buddy I got you a jumbo box of tissues to help dry up your tears , I know they won’t last long as your wailing seems to be continuous ......Whats your address? Or will I just post them ......For TKDB care off / Westboro Baptist Church?"
  • TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

@Dee

Search the Internet, and educate the WORLD, on how God, Jesus, or the Bible, is in Jail for life, or is on death row, for child abuse, or for any parent or adult, for killing their own kids, or someone else's kids?

How God, Jesus, or the Bible is responsible for mans obsession with Abortion, Drug Abuse, Alcohol Abuse, War, and so on?

"This debate is about the sensitivities of some people that also happen to be religious. If you want to make a comical post about about non existent atheist snowflakes please do it on comedy Central. Remember this is a debate site."

"Hey buddy I got you a jumbo box of tissues to help dry up your tears , I know they won’t last long as your wailing seems to be continuous ......Whats your address? Or will I just post them ......For TKDB care off / Westboro Baptist Church?"

Please keep the discussion relavant to this topic @TKDB ;             

At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

• @TKDB

If you want to make a discussion about God or unicorns being jail please use comedy Central. Remember this is a debate site.

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Son, stop playing games, debate me face to face?

Bring yourself to D.C.?

Because I want to see your Atheist face, when I debate you before the Public's eyes and faces.

You go through all the trouble of Debating Religion on the Internet?

Because some Atheists are unique and special, IE unique and special unto themselves.

Any of you online Atheist snowflakes, I challenge your special and unique selves to come to DC, and call me a snowflake to my face?

But you won't, because internet is your snowflake selves protest Religion.

The non snowflake Atheists, they protest Religion to its face.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

***** Search the Internet, and educate the WORLD, on how God, Jesus, or the Bible, is in Jail for life,

But I don’t believe in god you you want me to find what none of you Christians can find and jail it?  Put a Bible in jail ??? Do they regularly jail books in the US?

****or is on death row, for child abuse, or for any parent or adult, for killing their own kids, or someone else's kids?

A bible in death row ......oooookay 

****How God, Jesus, or the Bible is responsible for mans obsession with Abortion, Drug Abuse, Alcohol Abuse, War, and so on?

I don’t know when you find him bring him to me and I will ask him 

****"This debate is about the sensitivities of some people that also happen to be religious. 

I could‘nt give a f—k about their “sensitivities or their religion 

Sorry did I make you cry .......Again?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

Catholics excuse everything , popes and bishops have hidden and moved bishops and priests around the world who were guilty of child sexual abuse which was a worldwide phenomenon denied by the church until exposed , Popes also encouraged the slaughter of millions in Rwanda by supporting the side that they favored again they apologized when found out , the same with the whole condom mass which goes on still what you say is also true yet the nuts still support an organisation that responsible for millions of deaths and abuse worldwide ......

You will have your own views on the discrimination against women, the homophobia, and the international criminal conspiracy to cover up for mass child rape. My special interest is his role in the 2 million people who die of Aids each year.

In May 2005, shortly after taking office, the pope made his first pronouncement on Aids, and came out against condoms. He was addressing bishops from South Africa, where somebody dies of Aids every two minutes; Botswana, where 23.9% of adults between 15 and 49 are HIV positive; Swaziland, where 26.1% of adults have HIV; Namibia (a trifling 15%); and Lesotho, 23%.

This is continuing. In March 2009, on his flight to Cameroon (where 540,000 people have HIV), Pope Benedict XVI explained that Aids is a tragedy "that cannot be overcome through the distribution of condoms, which even aggravates the problems". In May 2009, the Congolese bishops conference made a happy announcement: "In all truth, the pope's message which we received with joy has confirmed us in our fight against HIV/Aids. We say no to condoms!"

His stance has been supported, in the past year alone, by Cardinal George Pell of Sydney and Cardinal Cormac Murphy O'Connor, the Archbishop of Westminster. "It is quite ridiculous to go on about Aids in Africa and condoms, and the Catholic Church," says O'Connor.

"I talk to priests who say, 'My diocese is flooded with condoms and there is more Aids because of them.'"

Some have been more imaginative in their quest to spread the message against condoms. In 2007, Archbishop Francisco Chimoio of Mozambique announced that European condom manufacturers are deliberately infecting condoms with HIV to spread Aids in Africa. Out of every 8 people in Mozambique, one has HIV.

It was Cardinal Alfonso López Trujillo of Colombia who most famously claimed that the HIV virus can pass through tiny holes in the rubber of condoms. Again, he was not alone. "The condom is a cork," said Bishop Demetrio Fernandez of Spain, "and not always effective."

In 2005 Bishop Elio Sgreccia, president of the Pontifical Academy for Life, explained that scientific research has never proven that condoms "immunise against infection".

Plaffelvohfen
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

You're having a one side debate over Religion?

And then you want to act snarky about it?

***** Search the Internet, and educate the WORLD, on how God, Jesus, or the Bible, is in Jail for life,

"But I don’t believe in god you you want me to find what none of you Christians can find and jail it?  Put a Bible in jail ??? Do they regularly jail books in the US?"

****or is on death row, for child abuse, or for any parent or adult, for killing their own kids, or someone else's kids?

"A bible in death row ......oooookay"

****How God, Jesus, or the Bible is responsible for mans obsession with Abortion, Drug Abuse, Alcohol Abuse, War, and so on?

"I don’t know when you find him bring him to me and I will ask him"

****"This debate is about the sensitivities of some people that also happen to be religious. 

"I could‘nt give a f—k about their “sensitivities or their religion 

Sorry did I make you cry .......Again?"

Plenty of snark. 

Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Boo hoo ...............
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2723 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @TKDB

Please keep your posts relevant to this discussion. Remember this is a debate site; not comedy Central. Please have some courtesy for other people on this site as well as the Moderator/s. Thank you for your time.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

Here is evidence of deliberate sabotage through blatant lies..... In March 2009, on his flight to Cameroon (where 540,000 people have HIV), Pope Benedict XVI explained that Aids is a tragedy "that cannot be overcome through the distribution of condoms, which even aggravates the problems". In May 2009, the Congolese bishops conference made a happy announcement: "In all truth, the pope's message which we received with joy has confirmed us in our fight against HIV/Aids. We say no to condoms!"

His stance has been supported, in the past year alone, by Cardinal George Pell of Sydney and Cardinal Cormac Murphy O'Connor, the Archbishop of Westminster. "It is quite ridiculous to go on about Aids in Africa and condoms, and the Catholic Church," says O'Connor.

"I talk to priests who say, 'My diocese is flooded with condoms and there is more Aids because of them.'"

Some have been more imaginative in their quest to spread the message against condoms. In 2007, Archbishop Francisco Chimoio of Mozambique announced that European condom manufacturers are deliberately infecting condoms with HIV to spread Aids in Africa. Out of every 8 people in Mozambique, one has HIV.

It was Cardinal Alfonso López Trujillo of Colombia who most famously claimed that the HIV virus can pass through tiny holes in the rubber of condoms. Again, he was not alone. "The condom is a cork," said Bishop Demetrio Fernandez of Spain, "and not always effective."

In 2005 Bishop Elio Sgreccia, president of the Pontifical Academy for Life, explained that scientific research has never proven that condoms "immunise against infection".

@Dee. I looked and it says condoms are 90 to 95% effective if used consistently.  So while yes effective, it may cause problems if people think it completely protects them.  People may be less careful about who they choose to have relations with and theyay choose to do it far more often with this in mind.

It would be highly hypocritical to preach absinance but then hand out condoms or suggest that followers use them...there is no need if you follow the church teaching. Not to mention the many other benefits.

Im not here to defend the words of every single member of the church, nor do i have to agree with them, im mainly just defending the doctrine.

• @TKDB

As for your wanting to have a public debate with me the answer is no to you only. I would prefer a public debate with someone far more challenging and mind taxing. No offense.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @MichaelElpers

***** Im not here to defend the words of every single member of the church, nor do i have to agree with them, im mainly just defending the doctrine.

I know that but when you have the pope and figures in the highest position talking nonsense about stuff they know nothing about Catholics should at least acknowledge such instead of this constant game of denialism 
    @MichaelElpers ;MichaelElpers said:
    @Dee. I looked and it says condoms are 90 to 95% effective if used consistently.  So while yes effective, it may cause problems if people think it completely protects them.  People may be less careful about who they choose to have relations with and theyay choose to do it far more often with this in mind.

It would be highly hypocritical to preach absinance but then hand out condoms or suggest that followers use them...there is no need if you follow the church teaching. Not to mention the many other benefits.

Im not here to defend the words of every single member of the church, nor do i have to agree with them, im mainly just defending the doctrine.

Something about the math here doesn't quite sit right with me. Assuming a stochastic model of spread, we can determine that the virus will be spread using the equation: HIV.f = HIV.o + (HIV.o/2 * Inf) where HIV is the number of infected persons in a population and inf is the infection chance. This model returns the number of people who will be infected after each one of them has sex with another person.

Using this equation we can determine the average expected increase in HIV infected persons for each different person someone has sex with. This yields that for every 100 HIV positive people and an average of 5 unique partners, we would expect an increase of about 750 cases of HIV with an infection chance of 100%.

However, with condoms having 90% efficiency ( inf = .1)  then for ever 100 HIV positive people and an average of 5 unique partners, we would expect an increase of about 28 cases. In fact, to reach the same 750 new HIV cases each HIV infected person would need to have an average of 42 unique partners!

Now I'm no math genius and this model isn't perfect, but I think it illustrates that the point you are trying to make is a bit far fetched, if not completely inaccurate. Condoms would greatly reduce the spread of HIV, even if people had more sex as a result of feeling safer.

@Dee. I agree.  In general they should stay in their lane.  Its one of the issues I have with the current pope.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

**** . I agree.  In general they should stay in their lane.  Its one of the issues I have with the current pope.

I commend you for your stance , sometimes the best thing in the Popes  position is to say nothing at all 
  • According to Urban dictionary:

Snowflake: Adj : A term for someone that thinks they are unique and special, but really are not. It gained popularity after the movie "Fight Club" from the quote “You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."

Seems like every time I interact with anyone who is deeply religious, they always exhibit these characteristics exactly. This is not only a problem today, but it seems to be a deep epistemic problem emerging from the false narrative they are spoon feed as a kid. Abrahamic Religions in particular, are taught that the world is special and unique and that they are special and unique, and that only those who believe what they believe will be able to go to heaven. We can see this line of thinking throughout history, starting with the assumption that the earth is at the center of the cosmos, and that we are the only important thing there is.

So often are they unable to see the world for what it is or accept any kind of subjugation, that they have constructed such a persistent set of lies they accept without evidence, on "faith" that they claim is somehow a virtue. None of it makes any sense of course, but when you are so blinded by delusion that you can't see the lack of evidence, this matters little.

Sometimes the religious will play the victim, acting like they are somehow an embattled minority despite being in the majority. When they receive any amount of criticism, it is "unfair and biased" against them and their religion. In the most religious countries, you can even be executed just for having the wrong faith.

They think they have the right to change others to their traditions and beliefs, instead of treating everyone like a free independent person who can find their own way. Religion is know for censorship and thought control, when this privilege is relieved they behave as though they were deprived the right to life itself.

These are all actions of snowflakes, the original snowflakes.

There is a thing in psychology called cognitive dissonance. This is basically to do with feeling uncomfortable when other information contradicts strongly held beliefs and it doesn't matter how good or strong the evidence is against that belief; some people affected by this will continue to look for justifications for why their belief is actually true and/or acceptable.

Sometime in the Old days when studies were just being done about how smoking had several health complications, there was also other information about how these studies were not conclusive which big tobacco companies used to their advantage. But, in addition to that, you had also had smokers that used this other information to make them feel better about their beliefs about how there is nothing wrong with smoking and this mentality lasted for several decades. I also see the same phenomena going on with people that haven't yet accepted the current global warming issue despite hard global evidence, with some people going so far as to outright lie and claim there is no scientific evidence when it's right in our faces.

And of course, the same phenomena can be seen in lots of people with religious beliefs. The thing here is that these beliefs are strong beliefs that are long-held, since childhood, with strong emotional attachments to them. So it is no wonder why it is so hard for some people to let go of these beliefs. And you can continue to show them all the evidence in the world that contradicts their beliefs but some just won't budge. But this is no failure on your part; they obviously had very strong beliefs right from the start, deeply ingrained, and it is highly likely that nothing is going to change that. With that being said, I also think we need to be careful not to conclude that all religious people are like this as that is not just true.

Also, this cognitive dissonance will often lead one to make a fallacy but I can't remember the name of the fallacy right now. Anyway, an example would be:

John: "Jim, You should never hit anyone no matter the circumstances."

Jim: "But you hit that guy the other day?"

John: "That is completely different. That is acceptable."

A religious example could be:

John: "Jim, Slavery is never acceptable under any circumstances."

Jim: "But Slavery is in the Bible?"

John: "That is completely different. If it's in the Bible then it is ok."

@ZeusAres42 I'm perfectly aware of what cognitive dissonance is, and it's importance in religion, politics and of course making snowflakes.

The difference between general cognitive dissonance and the type exhibited by snowflakes is that the general variety is typically rational, or more specifically rationalization. Sometimes this rationalization even bears fruit and flaws or limitations in the data can be reached. Other times leads to all manners of logical fallacies.

With snowflakes however, it is more an emotional reaction than anything else and this is the primary difference. They typically skip the rationalization phase and go right to the feelings being hurt phase, as if by someone telling them something they don't agree with it has hurt them physically. They take factual information personally, and typically are unable to tell the difference between themselves and their beliefs.

• Its a fine line between snow flake and sleet.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Epicurus is the original snowflake, and his anti Religious messaging, is feeding his followers, generations later.

"Please keep your posts relevant to this discussion. Remember this is a debate site; not comedy Central."

What of my Real World words did you find to be funny?

Show them to me @ZeusAres42 Copy and paste them, to create your next counter argument?

"Please have some courtesy for other people on this site as well as the Moderator/s. Thank you for your time.,

I am being courteous. I'm a fair and equal conversationalist who doesn't create bias arguments, to make my non internet oriented arguments with.