frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Jesus the only Way to be saved?

Debate Information

https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-only-way.html
I say yes, and I suggest that my readers read the article I am posting. Not a single person is perfect, expect for Jesus, including me. I don't even think I am better than myself, yet I know I am saved, because I repented of all my sins, and said "yes Lord, i believe", to Jesus. I am going to take a break from politics, and start posting about Jesus, and the Bible. i care more about Jesus, than any person, place, or thing, and if you want to go to Heaven, you will too. Jesus loves you all, so much.
RickeyDTKDB

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    What do we need saved from?
    PlaffelvohfensmoothieBaptistChristian
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    What do we need saved from?
    Sin and Hell. Hell is a bad to place to be.
    RickeyD
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    ****  Not a single person is perfect, expect for Jesus, 

Jesus lied and was involved in the theft of a donkey , his mother also thought him mad .......you really should read a bible 
    BaptistChristian
    Dee said:
    ****  Not a single person is perfect, expect for Jesus, 

Jesus lied and was involved in the theft of a donkey , his mother also thought him mad .......you really should read a bible 
    You have the right to your opinion, but you don't have the right to your own facts. i will never agree with you, on this.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

**** You have the right to your opinion,

Wow ! Thanks 

**** but you don't have the right to your own facts.

I don’t own facts but I do state them 

**** i will never agree with you, on this.

Oh I know that .....you hate facts 
    @YeshuaBought

How do you know hell is real?
    Plaffelvohfen
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

Dee said:
    @YeshuaBought

**** You have the right to your opinion,

Wow ! Thanks 

**** but you don't have the right to your own facts.

I don’t own facts but I do state them 

**** i will never agree with you, on this.

Oh I know that .....you hate facts 
    Prove that what you are saying, is factual.
    @YeshuaBought

How do you know hell is real?
    The Bible talks about it.
    @YeshuaBought

There are lots of books that talk about lots of things.

If it is in a book does that mean that it is automatically true?

@YeshuaBought

There are lots of books that talk about lots of things.

If it is in a book does that mean that it is automatically true?
    I never said that.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

***** Prove that what you are saying, is factual.

Very little of the Bible is factual .....what I’m saying is in the Bible try reading it sometime 
    @YeshuaBought

If being in a book does not make it true, then how do we know what is and isn't true?

Dee said:
    @YeshuaBought

***** Prove that what you are saying, is factual.

Very little of the Bible is factual .....what I’m saying is in the Bible try reading it sometime 
    I will never agree with you, so why do you even try?
    Dee
    @YeshuaBought

If being in a book does not make it true, then how do we know what is and isn't true?
    I never said that being in a book is the sole deiciding factor in what is or is not, real.
    @YeshuaBought

Then what does determine what is real, and what is not?
    ZeusAres42

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

Great at last you’re going to explain what I asked two days ago as in what’s reality?
    Dee said:
    @YeshuaBought

Great at last you’re going to explain what I asked two days ago as in what’s reality?
    I don't have to, because you are off topic.
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    Thankfully, I don't need to be saved from anything... 
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought ; What does it mean to repent?

I am not trying to be mean, but you do need to be saved. The Bible says all have sinned, and fall short of the glory, of God, in Romans 3:23.
    @Plaffelvohfen ; You are a sinner and our Holy and Just God is not going to allow you to access the Kingdom of God unless you repent of your sin and sincerely trust in Jesus Christ as Lord for the mediation of said sin (Romans 3:23; John 3:16). Nothing impure will enter the Kingdom of God; therefore, unless you have turned away from sin and accepted the righteousness of Jesus over your life, you will die in sin and die in Hell (John 8:24).

"...and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life."  Revelation 21:27 (NASB)

YeshuaBought
    @YeshuaBought What makes the bible a reliable source of information?

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    I am not trying to be mean, but you do need to be saved. The Bible says all have sinned, and fall short of the glory, of God, in Romans 3:23.
    I don't want to be mean either but I think the bible is a work of fiction, same as The Hobbit or Harry Potter... I don't believe in sin or heaven and hell, no more than I believe in unicorns, homeopathy or the power of new-age crystals... 
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @YeshuaBought

Just a quick question... Say I don't want to be saved, would you accept it or would you try anyway to save me despite of my unwillingness to be saved?? I'm curious about this...
    @Happy_Killbot ; The Bible is reliable because its words emanate from God the Holy Spirit.

@YeshuaBought

Just a quick question... Say I don't want to be saved, would you accept it or would you try anyway to save me despite of my unwillingness to be saved?? I'm curious about this...
    Since we are on a debate site, I would debate you, but I would still be kind to you.
  • RickeyD said:
    @Happy_Killbot ; The Bible is reliable because its words emanate from God the Holy Spirit.

@RickeyD And how do you know the Bible is the word of God? Is it because the Bible says so?

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

I understand and thank you for that, but I'm really asking:  would you forcefully save me? Would you try to save me, even without my consent? Force-save me by way of legislation for example. would you do that?
    @ZeusAres42 ; There is no other form of communication that articulates in perfection the subjects of origin - meaning of life - origin and reality of morality - the destiny of man and angels and Time and Eternity. 

Christianity is the only coherent worldview with corresponding truth that defines origin-meaning-morality-destiny and directly answers with logical consistency, empirical adequacy, experiential relevance. There is ONE God and ONE Mediator for sin, Jesus Christ.

RickeyD said:

@RickeyD And how do you know the Bible is the word of God? Is it because the Bible says so?
    I don't pretend to know all of the answers, but I am absolutely certain of Jesus. Please let me know what sort of evidence you need.
  • RickeyD said:
    @ZeusAres42 ; There is no other form of communication that articulates in perfection the subjects of origin - meaning of life - origin and reality of morality - the destiny of man and angels and Time and Eternity. 

Christianity is the only coherent worldview with corresponding truth that defines origin-meaning-morality-destiny and directly answers with logical consistency, empirical adequacy, experiential relevance. There is ONE God and ONE Mediator for sin, Jesus Christ.

So basically @RickeyD ; what you're saying is this:

"The Bible is a reliable source of information because it is the word of God."

"God is also the word of the Bible because the Bible states so."

Correct me if I am wrong but that is what you're conveying right?

You are correct.

The Bible defines two-forms of the word of God:

1) The written word provided mankind by God the Holy Spirit who selected certain holy men of old and moved upon their heart to pen the word of God on parchment and protect/preserve that word for future generations so that we can know God and His Plan and purposes for our lives, Time and Eternity.

2) The Living Word of God who is Yeshua-Jesus Christ (John 1).

@ZeusAres42 ;  John cont...

• RickeyD said:

You are correct.

Thanks. My question before you you telling me that I am correct was this:

But there is a problem here. And that problem @RickeyD is that this is circular reasoning. This kind of questioning and answering could go on and on forever.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

Having made some mistakes in life does not mean someone needs to be saved from something. We all have messed up on numerous occasions and employed unreasonable behaviors; the way to deal with this fact is to make amends, learn your lessons and move on, in my opinion, not to be saved by anyone from anything.

I have never understood the point of repenting for your sins, asking for salvation, etc. It is up to you to make up for the consequences of your mistakes, and nobody owes you any indulgence. Now, you can ask other people for help when you do not know where to start, and that is fine; but asking for help is very different from asking for salvation.

When I have wronged someone in real life, I will give them an apology and generally try to make some minor amends. I could, for example, buy a chocolate box for someone who I mistreated, take them to a coffee for a friendly conversation and have them have a good time, etc. Me bowing before an icon of Jesus and asking for forgiveness does not help that person in any way, but me getting out of my way to repay them for what I did to them does.
    RickeyD said:

You are correct.

But there is a problem here. And that problem @RickeyD is that this is circular reasoning. This kind of questioning and answering could go on and on forever.

It is not a fallacy, to have religious beliefs, but you have the right to your opinion.
    ZeusAres42
    MayCaesar said:
    @YeshuaBought

Having made some mistakes in life does not mean someone needs to be saved from something. We all have messed up on numerous occasions and employed unreasonable behaviors; the way to deal with this fact is to make amends, learn your lessons and move on, in my opinion, not to be saved by anyone from anything.

I have never understood the point of repenting for your sins, asking for salvation, etc. It is up to you to make up for the consequences of your mistakes, and nobody owes you any indulgence. Now, you can ask other people for help when you do not know where to start, and that is fine; but asking for help is very different from asking for salvation.

When I have wronged someone in real life, I will give them an apology and generally try to make some minor amends. I could, for example, buy a chocolate box for someone who I mistreated, take them to a coffee for a friendly conversation and have them have a good time, etc. Me bowing before an icon of Jesus and asking for forgiveness does not help that person in any way, but me getting out of my way to repay them for what I did to them does.
    The Bible says that all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God. Whether you do or don't accept it, is between you, and God.
    @ZeusAres42   1/2  There is no circular reasoning at all...just your lack of understanding concerning the veracity and truth of Scripture. You are on the outside looking in and you cannot see the beauty, the Truth, the perfection, the holiness and life-changing power of the Scriptures because you are spiritually dead and the Scriptures are spiritually discerned and the words don't resonate with you because you are NOT a child of the Living God but you serve His adversary even if unaware. 1/2

YeshuaBought
    @ZeusAres42 ; 2/2  The only true circular reasoning in this discussion is the ideology and deception of the facade of atheism.

ZeusAres42
  • RickeyD said:

You are correct.

It is not a fallacy, to have religious beliefs, but you have the right to your opinion.
    I didn't say it was a fallacy to have religious beliefs. And thanks, you too. I also thought you were no longer engaging with me because you thought I was trolling because I offered an alternative view that was in contrast with one of your views @YeshuaBought

RickeyD said:

You are correct.

I didn't say it was a fallacy to have religious beliefs. And thanks, you too. I also thought you were no longer engaging with me because you thought I was trolling because I offered an alternative view that was in contrast with one of your views @YeshuaBought
    I am suicidal right now, so I am not in the mood, for drama. i really could not care less about politics.
  • RickeyD said:
    @ZeusAres42 ; 2/2  The only true circular reasoning in this discussion is the ideology and deception of the facade of atheism.

There's no need to get so defensive when making fallacies. we're only fallible human beings. I also make fallacies; all humans are guilty of them from time to time. Your fallacy is right now accusing me of being an atheist because I pointed out the circular reasoning in your post. If you don't agree that it was circular reasoning then why don't you challenge it rather than just conveying that I must be an Atheist because I called you out on circular reasoning? @RickeyD

RickeyD said:

There's no need to get so defensive when making fallacies. we're only fallible human beings. I also make fallacies; all humans are guilty of them from time to time. Your fallacy is right now accusing me of being an atheist because I pointed out the circular reasoning in your post. If you don't agree that it was circular reasoning then why don't you challenge it rather than just conveying that I must be an Atheist because I called you out on circular reasoning? @RickeyD
    It is not a fallacy, to have religious beliefs. 
    @ZeusAres42 ; I have nothing to be offended about...I am saved, secure, I possess the Holy Spirit and I'm in love with my Lord and I am at peace because things are right with the God of the Universe. My concern is that you understand that you're currently headed to death in sin and Hell because of unbelief. Without Jesus Christ as your Lord for the mediation of your sins, you have no hope!

YeshuaBoughtZeusAres42
    RickeyD said:
    @ZeusAres42 ; I have nothing to be offended about...I am saved, secure, I possess the Holy Spirit and I'm in love with my Lord and I am at peace because things are right with the God of the Universe. My concern is that you understand that you're currently headed to death in sin and Hell because of unbelief. Without Jesus Christ as your Lord for the mediation of your sins, you have no hope!

That's amazing. It touches my heart, the way Jesus came down to earth, to lay down His Life for us, and rise from the dead, to save our souls. He knows what we are going through. I am asking you to pray, for me. I am not doing too well, right now, but I want to make Jesus happy. I am trying so hard to make Him happy, but everytime I try to do something right, it seems like something bad happens, or I get angry. I am struggling with anger issues, but I want to stop. Sometimes, I wish I would not wake up, in the morning. I just want to be with Jesus.
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @YeshuaBought ; God Bless YOU and if your desire is to know and love Jesus as Lord, God the Father will make this happen and you will be secure in Him forever. It sounds as if you are under demonic attack as you seek to live a life of faith and honor in Jesus as Lord. Remember that the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the World (1 John 4:1-4).
    YeshuaBought
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; God Bless YOU and if your desire is to know and love Jesus as Lord, God the Father will make this happen and you will be secure in Him forever. It sounds as if you are under demonic attack as you seek to live a life of faith and honor in Jesus as Lord. Remember that the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the World (1 John 4:1-4).
    I agree. Every time I try to do something right, something goes wrong. I think my father might have been into some pagan stuff. That situation is very complicated, but I do love Jesus. I know I am not perfect, but I am taking a break, from politics, and focusing on Jesus, and the Bible.
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    Christians themselves and the authoritarian nature of religion have turned me away from engaging in any religion. I hope you understand that I don't think Jesus is the only way to be saved when the same people who believe in that message have harassed me and given me death threats because of an uncontrollable trait. I don't care if "not all christians are like that", I have seen some kind-hearted christians, but I do not like the authoritarian message of popular religions.

Heres a what-if scenario, If your religion truly is factual and the "only way" I still would not become a christian. It would go against my values to turn and respect authoritarian figures depicted in your religion. I will be myself, and nothing can change that. If I am destined for your "hell" so be it. A lot of my friends, most of my relatives, and a huge chunk of the world would be there right with me.

I will not be "saved"
    YeshuaBoughtPlaffelvohfen
    why so serious?
    smoothie said:
    Christians themselves and the authoritarian nature of religion have turned me away from engaging in any religion. I hope you understand that I don't think Jesus is the only way to be saved when the same people who believe in that message have harassed me and given me death threats because of an uncontrollable trait. I don't care if "not all christians are like that", I have seen some kind-hearted christians, but I do not like the authoritarian message of popular religions.

Heres a what-if scenario, If your religion truly is factual and the "only way" I still would not become a christian. It would go against my values to turn and respect authoritarian figures depicted in your religion. I will be myself, and nothing can change that. If I am destined for your "hell" so be it. A lot of my friends, most of my relatives, and a huge chunk of the world would be there right with me.

I will not be "saved"
    I promise not to be mean to you, but I disagree with you, on Jesus, and the Bible. Are you interested, in a civil debate?