frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Does someone have to "like" abortion, to be prochoice?

Debate Information

I say no. Liberty is not about what choices you like, but what choices people have the right to make. I have heard countless stories, about crisis pregnancies, from rape, to fatal fetal anamolies, and they all have one thing in common: No pregnant mother should be forced to do anything against her will, especially if she was raped. I have never been pregnant, to my knowledge, but I would abort, if I were pregnant, and that would be my right. What the "prolife" crowd needs to prove, is that they are actually prolife by supporting healthcare rights, and that personhood secures someone the moral right to someone else's body, and I don't think they can do it. If someone can support stand your ground laws, they can support a woman's right to choose.
AlofRI

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    No, simply advocating for abortion by words, deeds, vote, participation is sufficient to bring God's wrath upon you at Judgment. Abortion is stealing from God and God will not be mocked.

smoothie
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    RickeyD said:
    No, simply advocating for abortion by words, deeds, vote, participation is sufficient to bring God's wrath upon you at Judgment. Abortion is stealing from God and God will not be mocked.

Answer my question please, and also answer my next question: As a fiscal centrist, and a social libertarian, I am wondering if liberty is more about what choices we like, or what choices we have the right to make? Do you know how many countless stories I have heard, about fatal, fetal defects, where the baby would die a painful death?
    @YeshuaBought ;  I don't care how many "stories" you've heard about non-viability in babies...the fact remains...you do NOT have the right to murder a baby for any reason...you did not give that baby life and you have no right to steal from God. How many babies suffer horrifically during the abortion?

Planned Parenthood keeps aborted babies alive to harvest body parts…

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/19/planned-parenthood-kept-aborted-babies-alive-to-ha/

RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ;  I don't care how many "stories" you've heard about non-viability in babies...the fact remains...you do NOT have the right to murder a baby for any reason...you did not give that baby life and you have no right to steal from God. How many babies suffer horrifically during the abortion?

Planned Parenthood keeps aborted babies alive to harvest body parts…

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/19/planned-parenthood-kept-aborted-babies-alive-to-ha/

I have the right to choose, whether I endanger my health, for an unwanted pregnancy, and you don't have the right, to force your opinion, on me.
    @YeshuaBought ; If the mother's life is endanger, she might have a choice but that scenario is extremely rare; again, you are without excuse in your advocacy for mutilating babies in the womb.

Abortion Facts – Less than 1% for life of mother and 1% for rape-incest

https://www.abortionfacts.com/facts/8

RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; If the mother's life is endanger, she might have a choice but that scenario is extremely rare; again, you are without excuse in your advocacy for mutilating babies in the womb.

It is not your choice to make, it is the mother's choice. I respect my mother enough to not feel entitled to your body, can you say the same, about yourself?
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    I don't know anybody that "likes" abortion. I "like" the laws that ALLOW it when necessary, That ALLOW a woman the RIGHT to carry a fetus OR NOT. Personally I hope they have a good reason for aborting, but, that should be THEIR CHOICE, not mine, not some neighbor's, not some politician's, not some religious fanatic's. 

I don't remember a damned thing about the time I spent in the womb, not even for many weeks after I was out. I certainly wouldn't have objected to being aborted. ( I actually know of a few that might have thought it a good idea ;-). I think the question would be better if it was: ""Is-someone-who-does-LIKE-abortion-sane?" Answer- NO.
    smoothie
    AlofRI said:
    I don't know anybody that "likes" abortion. I "like" the laws that ALLOW it when necessary, That ALLOW a woman the RIGHT to carry a fetus OR NOT. Personally I hope they have a good reason for aborting, but, that should be THEIR CHOICE, not mine, not some neighbors, not some politicians, not some religious fanatics. 

I don't remember a damned thing about the time I spent in the womb, not even for many weeks after I was out. I certainly wouldn't have objected to being aborted. ( I actually know of a few that might have thought it a good idea ;-). I think the question would be better if it was: ""Is-someone-who-does-LIKE-abortion-sane?" Answer- NO.
    I know, right? Rape happens, fetuses, get sick. In the end, the mother has the right to make her choice.
    @YeshuaBought ; The mommy has no "right" to mutilate her baby.
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; The mommy has no "right" to mutilate her baby.
    Yes she does. You don't have the right, to your mother's body, and you don't have the right, to force a rape victim, to give birth. Choice is a basic human right.
    @YeshuaBought ; Mutilating a baby for the crime of the baby's father is sin, it's stealing from God and in your mindlessness you make the suffering mother a victim twice over...raped and now a party to the murder of her baby.

smoothie
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; Mutilating a baby for the crime of the baby's father is sin, it's stealing from God and in your mindlessness you make the suffering mother a victim twice over...raped and now a party to the murder of her baby.

Only a rapist would force a rape victim, to give birth.
    @YeshuaBought ; No one should have to coerce a mommy to give birth to her own baby.
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; No one should have to coerce a mommy to give birth to her own baby.
    Rape victims have the right to choose abortion. You were never raped, and you have no right, to disrespect rape survivors. That is rape culture.
    @YeshuaBought ; You cannot justify abortion by highlighting rape which is involved in less than 1% of abortion decisions...you gag at a gnat and swallow a camel.

Rape survivor says son, conceived in rape, is proof that ‘good can come from evil’

https://www.liveaction.org/news/rape-survivor-good-come-evil/?utm_content=81455551&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&hss_channel=tw-18001922

OBGYN Who Delivered 5,000 Babies: Abortion is “Never” Necessary to Protect a Woman’s Health

https://www.lifenews.com/2019/02/12/obgyn-who-delivered-5000-babies-abortion-is-never-necessary-to-protect-a-womans-health/

RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; You cannot justify abortion by highlighting rape which is involved in less than 1% of abortion decisions...you gag at a gnat and swallow a camel.

Rape survivor says son, conceived in rape, is proof that ‘good can come from evil’

https://www.liveaction.org/news/rape-survivor-good-come-evil/?utm_content=81455551&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&hss_channel=tw-18001922

OBGYN Who Delivered 5,000 Babies: Abortion is “Never” Necessary to Protect a Woman’s Health

https://www.lifenews.com/2019/02/12/obgyn-who-delivered-5000-babies-abortion-is-never-necessary-to-protect-a-womans-health/

I can do anything I jolly well please, because liberty is a basic human right, and people are not government property. You don't own me, and you don't have the right to tell me what to do. What I do is betweenJesus, and me, so mind your own business.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    I suppose some people with strange fetishes may like abortion, but most people supporting the right for abortion simply see it as an unpleasant medical procedure. Do you like going to a dentist? I surely do not, but I am so glad that I have the ability to do so without being thrown in jail. My teeth have always been a mess, and without dentists I probably would have not 24 teeth left by now, but 0 teeth!
    GnosticChristian
  • Yes you can dislike abortion and still see that to force a woman to have an unwanted birth is wrong in so many ways.

If those who are against abortion put their many where their mouth was, abortion would not likely be an issue. 

Christians want their cake and to eat it too.

This author sums my views up nicely.

http://www.secularmusic.org/Wiki/index.php?title=Keep_Your_Jesus_Off_My_Penis

Regards
    DL
    Plaffelvohfensmoothie
    @YeshuaBought ; Liberty is not freedom from constraint as per the rule of law, morality, wisdom, integrity, logic, God.  You do NOT have the "right" or the "liberty" to do anything you jolly well please even in your godless, heretical, apostate, worldview.
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD I have the liberty not to engage in your religion you keep trying to force down everybody's throat
    why so serious?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    ****** Liberty is not about what choices you like, but what choices people have the right to make

Right , so if your government decide to make abortion illegal nationwide you no longer have the right to make that choice , so are you still at “liberty”?

No doubt this question will be met by .........

1: Hey! You don’t own facts
                                                                               OR
                                                                 2: I don’t have to answer you 
                                                                                OR
                                                                  3: Reported.......Which means you’ve no answer yet again 
    Yes you can dislike abortion and still see that to force a woman to have an unwanted birth is wrong in so many ways.

If those who are against abortion put their many where their mouth was, abortion would not likely be an issue. 

Christians want their cake and to eat it too.

This author sums my views up nicely.

http://www.secularmusic.org/Wiki/index.php?title=Keep_Your_Jesus_Off_My_Penis

Regards
    DL
    Not all Christians, are antichoice.
    Dee said:
    ****** Liberty is not about what choices you like, but what choices people have the right to make

Right , so if your government decide to make abortion illegal nationwide you no longer have the right to make that choice , so are you still at “liberty”?

No doubt this question will be met by .........

1: Hey! You don’t own facts
                                                                               OR
                                                                 2: I don’t have to answer you 
                                                                                OR
                                                                  3: Reported.......Which means you’ve no answer yet again 
    I get my rights from God, not government. I know my rights, and government does not own me.
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; Liberty is not freedom from constraint as per the rule of law, morality, wisdom, integrity, logic, God.  You do NOT have the "right" or the "liberty" to do anything you jolly well please even in your godless, heretical, apostate, worldview.
    I will not discuss religion, on this debate, but I will discuss the topic at hand. If you don't stay on topic, I will ask you to leave.