frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What is blasphemy of the Holy Soirit, and how do I avoid it?

Debate Information

I believe Yahweh is a Trinity, and that the Holy Spirit is the third Person of that Trinity, but I don't know how to avoid blaspheming Him.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

What is blasphemy of the Holy Soirit, and how do I avoid it?

What’s a “Soirit” some kind of Cow maybe? If so don’t mock Cows they don’t like it ......
    GnosticChristianpiloteer
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    I believe Yahweh is a Trinity, and that the Holy Spirit is the third Person of that Trinity, but I don't know how to avoid blaspheming Him.
    I would suggest you start by not voting for the racist, child molesting (in the second or third person), philandering, lying, non-Christian, woman molesting, hate spreading, planet destroying (Gods creation?), "sinner" you said you were voting for. (Just a suggestion of where to start).
    You were a Bernie fan a few weeks ago … whahoppen? Now you side with the LEAST Christian occupier of the White House I've seen of the 15 I've lived through. Blasphemy. Certainly no "Holy Spirit" there.
    PlaffelvohfenDeeGnosticChristian
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @YeshuaBought ; It is not possible to blaspheme the Spirit as it was when Jesus walked this Earth and was accused of casting out demons by the power of Satan (Matthew 12:22-32). Those who referred to the Spirit as the power of Satan had blasphemed the Holy Spirit and Jesus said there was no forgiveness for this sin.

Today, unbelief in Jesus as Lord is analogous to the Scriptural blasphemy of the Holy Spirit in that when one rejects the calling of the Spirit upon their life and they die in unrepentant sin, there is no forgiveness upon the last exhalation and judgment is set forever for that soul that dies without Jesus as Mediator for their sin. So then, though mankind having been born into Time subsequent to the Ascension of Messiah, can no longer blaspheme the Spirit in the manner of Jesus' Earthly sojourn, mankind in this Age of Grace does reap the same peril as that act of blasphemy by rejecting the Holy Spirit's call upon their life to repent of sin and trust in the Son of God, Jesus Christ, for the forgiveness of sin. Once a person dies in the body having rejected Jesus as Lord, the Age of Grace is finalized and only judgment in condemnation is assured! God the Father will NOT permit unrepentant sin to enter His Kingdom (Revelation 21:27). 

• GnosticChristianGnosticChristian 285 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @YeshuaBought ;

Him?

Yahweh is an androgynous god, just as Adam was an androgynous person. Let me know if you need a link or biblical quote to confirm this.

It, Adam that is, lost it's female side and became less than what God had created. That was when the rib woman was supposedly created.

Perhaps that is why so many of us men are deadbeat dads.

As to insulting the Holy spook; you cannot help it if you rightly insult the genocidal god, as there is only one god. Right? 

Regards
    DL
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

I think you read my break down.

If the Holy Spirit is God or part of a Trinity, whenever you sin, you sin against the Holy Spirit.
    You cannot say I only sinned against a part of God.
    You either sinned against God or not.
    You either broke God's laws or not.

That is one of the reasons why the Holy Spirit is not God.
    The Holy Spirit is more like a tool God uses to accomplish his will.
    The Holy Spirit blesses the efforts of people who work in harmony with God's will.
    Jacob is a good example when he would herd sheep the spirit blessed the sheep to have multiple offspring.
    So the Spirit doesn't hinder work effort, apparently, it blesses work effort.
    It works in harmony with a person.
    Nevertheless, working against the spirit means working against God's will.

Now we have to know God's will.

Jesus' model prayer outlined God's will in order of importance.

Notice the prayer:

Matthew 6:9-13 - "After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen. "

#1 Hallowed be thy name
    #2 Thy kingdom come
    #3 Thy will be done in earth
    #4 Give us this day our daily bread
    #5 And forgive us our debts
    #6 as we forgive our debtors
    #7 And lead us not into temptation
    #8 but deliver us from evil

Work in harmony, and you will not blaspheme the spirit.

• @Sand ;

"The Holy Spirit blesses the efforts of people who work in harmony with God's will."

Hi Sand.

Are you saying that that entity does something to the individual?

What about the sanctity of our free will?

If you meant just blessing the effort, remember that efforts have no sentience and that blessing them would be a waste of a god's time. It would be like blessing a rock. No gain for anyone.

Regards
    DL
  • sigmaphilsigmaphil 17 Pts   -  
    The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is final moment in your life where you, as an unbeliever, rejects the draw of the Holy Spirit to receive Jesus as savior.  This is also called the unpardonable sin.  After the final rejection of the Holy Spirit you are confirmed in your eternal destiny by God.   Basically after all the times you hardened your heart to teh Holy Spirit, now God hardens your heart. 

Please don't reject Jesus any longer, because you never know when the final rejection of the Holy Spirit is your last offer!!

2 Corinthians 6:2b, "Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation."
  • @Sand ;

You pray for the kingdom of god to come.

Did you know that Jesus said that it was already here?

Gnostic Christians see it but few others seem to get it.

That is likely why we have no problem with evil, as evil has no power in heaven.

Like Satan, god's loyal opposition, most just do not see it and even Christians cannot dither out why they call Adam's sin a happy fault and necessary to god's plan. 

Regards
    DL
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

NIV
    Luke 17:21 - "nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is in your midst."

You mean Jesus was saying as the King of that Kingdom and the disciples as Corulers, the kingdom was right before them.
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

You always have free will.
    It is just God will not look to extend a life that wants to do things against his ways.

You would do the samething.
    If someone worked for you but did not do the job, but did what they wanted, you would not continue the employment.
  • @Sand ;

King. No. 

Have you forgotten that Jesus said he came to serve and not be served.

Scriptures also say that god never changes. If servant, god will always remain servant.

If you were Yahweh/Jesus that is what you would do. Right?

You should want to serve if you are to emulate Jesus. You have that right but should not want to serve a god who by definition cannot have wants or needs.

That is why Gnostic Christians see evolving perfection here and now that be it caused by nature or god, things could not be other than what they are, given our history and entropy.

Regards
    DL 

• SandSand 307 Pts   -  

I believe you are under the impression that Jesus is God.
    That is not true.
    Yahweh is God.
    Jesus is a servant.
  • @Sand ;

God is our servant and so is Jesus.

There is no Trinity in your ideology?

If there is, given that Yahweh is an androgynous god, you begin to crowd the godhead by adding a 4th personality which is female.

If you do not see evolving perfection, then you must see god's plan as derailed and that would not be very generous of you.

Do you see god as that much of am loser that he cannot keep his plan on track?

Regards
    DL

• YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    AlofRI said:
    I would suggest you start by not voting for the racist, child molesting (in the second or third person), philandering, lying, non-Christian, woman molesting, hate spreading, planet destroying (Gods creation?), "sinner" you said you were voting for. (Just a suggestion of where to start).
    You were a Bernie fan a few weeks ago … whahoppen? Now you side with the LEAST Christian occupier of the White House I've seen of the 15 I've lived through. Blasphemy. Certainly no "Holy Spirit" there.
    What evidence can you provide, that proves the alleged abuse of the President?
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

I don't believe there is a Trinity in the Bible's ideology.

The term Godhead can also be translated, Divine nature.

The Divine nature is in all of God's creation.

The qualities and traits women have, has always been apart of God as an individual.
    He only chooses to reference himself as male.

God has allowed Satan to control the Earth.
    That is why it is the way it is.

Sand said:

The qualities and traits women have, has always been apart of God as an individual.

If you don't believe God is Triune, you are not a Christian.
  • Sand said:

Jesus said heaven is here and now, and you have heaven controlled by Satan.

Ok.

I will leave that right there.

Nowhere in the bible, that you partially believe, I guess, is Satan given dominion over the earth. I masy have missed it.

Get chapter and verse please.

Regards
    DL
  • Sand said:

Many Christian denominations do not have the Trinity.

You might want to stop making untrue statements.

Credibility is everything.

Regards
    DL

Plaffelvohfen
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

Revelation 12:9 - "The great dragon was hurled down--that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him."

1 John 5:19 - "We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one."

Luke 4:5,6 - "The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. "

• Sand said:

Revelation 12:9 - "The great dragon was hurled down--that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him."

1 John 5:19 - "We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one."

Luke 4:5,6 - "The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. "

Deceiving you is not having dominion over you.

Get the quote where god gives Satan dominion or admit that the Temptation of Christ is a sham.

Further, why do you think god would bless us with heavens garbage and give Satan special powers of deception to use on us.

I think only a satanic father would do that to his children, unless he wanted them deceived.

Regards
    DL

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    Blasphemy is the practice of speaking about some number of gods in a manner that is notionally offensive to the deities referred to, or since their existence is questionable, to their earthly adherents.

What counts as blasphemous varies from deity to deity, and in fact it may not be possible to blaspheme in some more sensible religions. These people are no fun.

In modern times, blasphemy has come to be more widely understood by the credulous masses as anything said about one's own religion which is vaguely offensive. For example, Ireland's recent outlawing of "blasphemous libel" describes blasphemy as speech that is "grossly abusive or insulting in relation to matters held sacred by any religion." While the "any" is surely a sop to equality by not specifying that you shouldn't insult a specific religion only, this could happily refer to numerous secular religions or parody religions. So be sure to insult Jedi everywhere by espousing the greatness of Roddenberry's Trek over Lucas' Wars.

It is important to choose a satisfying and appropriate target for your blasphemy. Beginners might choose an easy target such as Islam or Roman Catholicism. Islamic adherents can easily be offended by such trifles as waving a picture of ham in their faces or drawing a crude cartoon of the prophet Muhammad raping a sheep or doing anything else, or even doing nothing. Then Roman Catholics take a ton of offense from people stealing a tiny sliver of bread.

Experienced blasphemers might enjoy the challenge of attempting to rile up some pacifist sects such as Quakers, Mennonites or Jains. Contrary to popular perception, even Buddhists can be worthy oversensitive targets.

It is important your blasphemy is done in public, in places where the religious are likely to gather. Such events might include book and/or witch burnings, KKK rallies or national lottery drawings.

Beware, some backward countries such as Ireland and Greece may have laws against blasphemy. In these circumstances it may be good practice to disguise yourself before blaspheming, in order to avoid the consequences. In any case, it might be good to wear running shoes and be reasonably fleet of foot, or otherwise have a swift means of escape planned in case your victims seek retribution. A blasphemy statute actually exists in Iceland. It has only been tested once within living memory, and when the judges had finished laughing, the case was summarily dismissed.

And although September 30th is the official International Blasphemy Day , you can indulge yourself every day of the year!! 

Here are a few ideas to get started

Enjoy!

GnosticChristian
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
    Sand said:

Many Christian denominations do not have the Trinity.

You might want to stop making untrue statements.

Credibility is everything.

Regards
    DL

If you reject the Trinty, you are not a christian, and I will never agree with you, so don't even try it.
    PlaffelvohfenDee
  • Blasphemy is the practice of speaking about some number of gods in a manner that is notionally offensive to the deities referred to, 
    Guilty as charged as I often speak of Yahweh as a genocidal and infanticidal god.

The strange thing is that although Christians run for the hills when I try to get them to speak of Yahweh's satanic ways, they seldom accuse me of blasphemy.

That indicates to me that they know and do not care about their immorality in following such a vile god.

Cowards can never be moral.

Regards
    DL
    Plaffelvohfen
  • @YeshuaBought ;

I know. The truth is not what you are into. Your supernatyralstupid thinking will not let you.

Regards
    DL
    Plaffelvohfen
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

>>>Deceiving you is not having dominion over you.
    Get the quote where God gives Satan dominion or admit that the Temptation of Christ is a sham.<<<

You lose me in your reasoning.
    God allowed Satan to prove his point that man would choose self rulership over God's rulership.
    The temptation of Christ was offering him a chance to receive worship, something he would never receive in serving God.

>>>Further, why do you think God would bless us with heavens garbage and give Satan special powers of deception to use on us.<<<

God did not bless humans with heavens, where do you get this information?
    God's new administration will be in the heavens.
    The majority of mankind will live on earth.
    There will be those who go to heaven to rule over the earth.

>>>I think only a satanic father would do that to his children unless he wanted them deceived.<<<

Do you mean Adam?
    Because it was Adam who broke the relationship with God.
    To reestablish the relationship someone had to replace Adam.
    The second Adam is Jesus.
    The only deception is man deceiving himself that God does not exist.
    There is no evidence that a species can evolve to another species.
    This prevents him from choosing God as a ruler.
    So Satans does have merit to his challenge, some men will always choose men as rulers.

Plaffelvohfen
  • @Sand ;

You give Satan no power even as scriptures say god gave her the power to deceive the whole world.

While your bible says that the power to not believe comes from god by his hardening hearts. See below the line.

I think you intentionally misread me where you show confusion and that likely means that you will deny that I do not have the free will to believe because god denied me his grace. There are ample quotes below the line.

---------------

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then the is is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Regards

DL

• @Sand ;
    "God did not bless humans with heavens, where do you get this information?"

Not anything I wrote. Get the quote.

Regards
    DL
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6021 Pts   -  
    I have never understood the trinity concept. How can one being be three different beings? Maybe I am missing something, but the whole thing never made any sense to me.

Why not just say that there is god, and then there is everyone else?
    GnosticChristian
  • @MayCaesar ;

Because that would be a lie.

We should try to be better than the religious liars.

Regards
    DL
    MayCaesar said:
    I have never understood the trinity concept. How can one being be three different beings? Maybe I am missing something, but the whole thing never made any sense to me.

Why not just say that there is god, and then there is everyone else?
    I don't either, but I accept Him anyway, because of what the Bible says. I might make a Trinity debate, if anyone is interested.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

**** . I might make a Trinity debate, if anyone is interested.

Ehh no .....
    @Dee Why?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

Because it’s  
    Dee said:
    @YeshuaBought

Because it’s  
    Fair enough. While I disagree, i respect your right to your thoughts.
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

In the Bible, there is one God throughout the Hebrew scriptures.
    He never appeared to man.
    He is always represented by an Angel.
    He restricted anyone making images of him to worship, because as he said you do not know my form.

Then Jesus came to earth as God's Son.

After the completion of the Scriptures.
    An argument occurred questioning whether Jesus was God.
    I went on for years.
    Then a person named Constantine saw a way to gain power, he offered to settle the argument as the mediator.
    He asked an all-out debate that would settle the dispute once and for all.
    In the end it was a tie.
    So no one could decide who won.
    Then the Trinitarians found dirt on the main person debating against the Trinity.

So Constantine banished him.
    Without the main person opposing them, the Trinitarians won.
    So they made it a decree that God was three in one.

Later it was found that the dirt was fabricated.
    So Constantine banished the Trinitarians involved.
    Then Constantine invited the main person against the Trinity back to undo the decree.

On his travel back he was killed by an unknown assailant.
    So the decree continued to be passed.

MayCaesar
    Sand said:

In the Bible, there is one God throughout the Hebrew scriptures.
    He never appeared to man.
    He is always represented by an Angel.
    He restricted anyone making images of him to worship, because as he said you do not know my form.

Then Jesus came to earth as God's Son.

After the completion of the Scriptures.
    An argument occurred questioning whether Jesus was God.
    I went on for years.
    Then a person named Constantine saw a way to gain power, he offered to settle the argument as the mediator.
    He asked an all-out debate that would settle the dispute once and for all.
    In the end it was a tie.
    So no one could decide who won.
    Then the Trinitarians found dirt on the main person debating against the Trinity.

So Constantine banished him.
    Without the main person opposing them, the Trinitarians won.
    So they made it a decree that God was three in one.

Later it was found that the dirt was fabricated.
    So Constantine banished the Trinitarians involved.
    Then Constantine invited the main person against the Trinity back to undo the decree.

On his travel back he was killed by an unknown assailant.
    So the decree continued to be passed.

You have to believe that Jesus is God, to go to Heaven. John 8:24.
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

I am not here to stumble you, I find your information very enlightening.

If you want to know.
    John 8:28 - "Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things."

So you have to believe that Jesus is the Son of man, to live. (not necessarily to go to Heaven)
    If you notice Jesus even says the Father taught him. (One entity to another)
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

There will be people that go to heaven, but only for administration purposes.
    The majority of people will be on earth.
    Sand said:

I am not here to stumble you, I find your information very enlightening.

If you want to know.
    John 8:28 - "Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things."

So you have to believe that Jesus is the Son of man, to live. (not necessarily to go to Heaven)
    If you notice Jesus even says the Father taught him. (One entity to another)
    Jesus said: Unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins. If you don't agree that Jesus is God, you are not a Christian, and you don't have the right, to call yourself a Christian. Stop preaching false doctrine, and repent.
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    @GnosticChristian
    Your video twists scriptures and leaves information out in order to make a bias point.

>>>You give Satan no power even as scriptures say God gave her the power to deceive the whole world.<<<

I only stated what was in scripture.

>>>While your bible says that the power to not believe comes from God by his hardening hearts. See below the line.<<<

It means that God allows you to harden your heart.
    He explains his words in Romans in Jeremiah.
    The word harden comes from the great potter, he says if you make your heart moldable then he will use you, but if you harden your heart he will not use you.
    So it is still the will of the person.

>>>I think you intentionally misread me where you show confusion and that likely means that you will deny that I do not have the free will to believe because God denied me his grace.<<<

Nope. You have free will.

>>>Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.<<<

Once again explained in Jeremiah, most people do not read the Hebrew scriptures.

>>>Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.<<<

Nope, explained in Ezekiel and Jerimiah about God's statements and free will. If you read only a portion of the scriptures and pieces of the book.

>>>The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children, and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.<<<

Nope once again explained in Jerimiah, that God doesn't believe in torture of children, never commanded, or came in his heart.

>>> If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?<<<

Nowhere is God spoke of denying faith.

>>> Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?<<<

Show me this scripture

>>> Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?<<<

Nope, explained in Ezekiel and Jerimiah about God's statements and free will.

>>>I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I was a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then the is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.<<<

He said greater things, Paul explains this in Corinthians.

>>>Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.<<<

He said greater things, Paul explains this in Corinthians.

>>>What is your choice of those two options?<<<
    Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.
    I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.<<<

Personal opinion

>>>What do you think is the truth? Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?<<<

Everyone goes to Hell good and bad.

• SandSand 307 Pts   -  

You may have not read my information:

24I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. 25Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning. 26I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. 27They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. 28Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. 29And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him. 30As he spake these words, many believed on him.

The same scripture you are quoting Jesus is saying "believe I am he" but who?
    The Jews ask believe you are who?
    Verse 28 confirms that he is "the Son of man" or in other words the Messiah.
    He then talks about how the Father taught him and sent him.

Sand said:

You may have not read my information:

24I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. 25Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning. 26I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. 27They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. 28Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. 29And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him. 30As he spake these words, many believed on him.

The same scripture you are quoting Jesus is saying "believe I am he" but who?
    The Jews ask believe you are who?
    Verse 28 confirms that he is "the Son of man" or in other words the Messiah.
    He then talks about how the Father taught him and sent him.

I will not change my mind. If you don't agree with the Bible, that Jesus is God, you are not a Christian, but a , and a false teacher, end of story. I will not, for any reason, change my mind.
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

I do not expect you to change your mind, I just want you to know that there is a different way to understand the scripture.
    Sand said:

I do not expect you to change your mind, I just want you to know that there is a different way to understand the scripture.
    No there isn't. If you don't believe that Jesus is God, you are not a Christian.
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    That is your opinion.
    I run a Bible College and teach many Pastors, you have seen some of my debates online.
    Trinitarians get to a point where they cannot prove Jesus is God from the scriptures.

The term Christian means follower of Christ.
    Christ is the English word for Khristos which is Greek and means "Anointed One"
    To be Christian means to "follow the Anointed One"

I will let you be, keep learning and studying.
    Sand said:
    That is your opinion.
    I run a Bible College and teach many Pastors, you have seen some of my debates online.
    Trinitarians get to a point where they cannot prove Jesus is God from the scriptures.

The term Christian means follower of Christ.
    Christ is the English word for Khristos which is Greek and means "Anointed One"
    To be Christian means to "follow the Anointed One"

I will let you be, keep learning and studying.
    It is not an opinion, it is Biblical fact. If you do not agree that Jesus is God, you are not a Christian. Furthermore, you are guilty of the appeal to authory fallacy. Being a religious authority, does not make you right, or a Christian. End of story.
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

Since it is Biblical fact, maybe you can show me the scripture.
  • Sand said:

There will be people that go to heaven, but only for administration purposes.
    The majority of people will be on earth.
    Jesus said that heaven was on earth and people just did not see it.

I do, and do not need to believe all the supernatural garbage to do it. I have a Christ consciousness. Try to find yours.

Here is how.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

To believe in talking serpents and donkeys, it takes a deranged mind. 

Regards
    DL
  • GnosticChristianGnosticChristian 285 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    Sand said:

Everyone goes to Hell good and bad.

Strange that I have to get quotes while you do not.

I see your style though and am not interested in being you gopher.

All you say is gospel un-quoted, while all the gospel I quote is ignore or discarded out of hand without an argument.

Thanks for the one way chat.

Regards
    DL

• SandSand 307 Pts   -  

I don't believe you read the Bible.
    Nevertheless, I will quote the scripture you just requested.

Ecclesiastes 9:1-2,10.
     1For I have taken all this to my heart and explain it that righteous men, wise men, and their deeds are in the hand of God. Man does not know whether it will be love or hatred; anything awaits him. 2It is the same for all. There is one fate for the righteous and for the wicked; for the good, for the clean and for the unclean; for the man who offers a sacrifice and for the one who does not sacrifice. As the good man is, so is the sinner; as the swearer is, so is the one who is afraid to swear. 3This is an evil in all that is done under the sun, that there is one fate for all men. Furthermore, the hearts of the sons of men are full of evil and insanity is in their hearts throughout their lives. Afterwards they go to the dead. 4For whoever is joined with all the living, there is hope; surely a live dog is better than a dead lion. 5For the living know they will die; but the dead do not know anything, nor have they any longer a reward, for their memory is forgotten. 6Indeed their love, their hate and their zeal have already perished, and they will no longer have a share in all that is done under the sun.7Go then, eat your bread in happiness and drink your wine with a cheerful heart; for God has already approved your works. 8Let your clothes be white all the time, and let not oil be lacking on your head. 9Enjoy life with the woman whom you love all the days of your fleeting life which He has given to you under the sun; for this is your reward in life and in your toil in which you have labored under the sun. 10Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might; for there is no activity or planning or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol where you are going.

This shows everyone goes to Sheol.
    The Hebrew word for Hell.

GnosticChristian