frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Should US urges not to travel to CHINA?

Debate Information

As we know or heard from by news, Coronavirus is spreading wildly throughout the world.
It even started to spread out in the US. 
Should the US urge citizens not to travel to China? What about their family, especially for Chinese?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    Of course not. First, it is not the government's business where private citizens travel. Second, chances of being contaminated, let alone dying to the virus, are so miniscule, you are more likely to die in a car accident while sitting in a taxi driving to your hotel in China, than you are to be a victim of the virus.

It is another scare that has virtually zero importance for anyone but the tiny minority of the affected people.
    Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    You’ve fallen for a hoax the claims regarding the virus are totally unfounded and based on
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    It depends. If you have a death wish, go. If you haven't …. common sense will tell you …. this isn't a good time. The U.S. is trying to save lives. 

I'm all for a Presidential visit at this time to satisfy an "urge". ;-) 
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    MayCaesar said:
    Of course not. First, it is not the government's business where private citizens travel. Second, chances of being contaminated, let alone dying to the virus, are so miniscule, you are more likely to die in a car accident while sitting in a taxi driving to your hotel in China, than you are to be a victim of the virus.

It is another scare that has virtually zero importance for anyone but the tiny minority of the affected people.

Have a nice trip. :smirk:
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    Yes because the risk to public life, and health, are too much. no one has the right, to endanger, someone else.
  • AlofRI said:
    MayCaesar said:

Have a nice trip. :smirk:

Also, good lucking in getting in since it is currently in lockdown. As far as I remember, no one can get it or get out or has that phase finished now? Or at least it's difficult.

MayCaesar said:

No one, has the right to endanger, the health and safety, of someone else.
  • Dee said:
    You’ve fallen for a hoax the claims regarding the virus are totally unfounded and based on

@Dee there are indeed several people making mountains out of molehills. And the conspiracy theories and all.

• MayCaesar said:

I don't think viruses care about people's rights.

MayCaesar said:

I don't think viruses care about people's rights.
    Darlin' i never said they did. What I mean is, infected people, don't have the right, to endanger, other people.
  • MayCaesar said:

@MayCaesar do you have some kind of antipathy to governments. I am not saying your post is invalid because of this as most of it is valid. But you assertion that it's none of the governments business where people travel is questionable.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

I treat governments same way as I treat everyone else, and if some random person tries to stop me from reaching my destination by force, then virtually everyone will agree that that person is committing an offence. Governments only get a free pass on things like this because their use of force is seen by a large fraction of population as justified, but I do not make an exception for them.

There is no antipathy to governments in particular in me; there is antipathy to coercion in general.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

People always fall for this , I don’t watch much mainstream news , I work mainly as an artist and sell work online on FB and believe it or not if I want reliable info I check in with various friends / followers from around the globe and it’s normally on the money
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1712 Pts   -  
    Yes, I think they should.
    • It would be bad if coronavirus entered the US.
    • If anyone from the US goes to China, they are likely to return.
    • If they return, it is likely they will have the disease.
    • If they have the disease, it is likely they would pass it on to someone in the US.
    • There then may be an outbreak in the US.
    • That would be bad.