frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The Atheist Restaurant verses the Religious Restaurant.

Debate Information

An Atheist takes their family into a Religious restaurant, and notices the Religious menus and the Religious wording, and demands to speak to the Manager of the Religious restaurant, to complain about the Religious themed restaurant?

The parents complain, that by bringing their family into a Religious restaurant, that they are risking to be exposed to Religion, by having it involuntary forced upon the Atheist parents and their kids?

The Religious restaurant manager understands the Atheist parents concerns, and asks them a polite and cordial question:

There's an Atheist restaurant over on the next block, and I'm sure that they will be able to provide you with the Atheist restaurant experience that you're seeking, for the two of you, and your family?

But, the door to this Religious restaurant, is always open to any individual who voluntarily comes in, to enjoy a meal, because when anyone comes into this Religious restaurant, no one will ever try to force anything on anyone.

Because to do that would be unfair, unequal, impolite, and rude, to anyone voluntarily seeking a meal, or a community, or family experience, while having their meal in peace.

And I'm sure that when you go to the Atheist restaurant down the block, that you and your family, will experience the same restaurant experience, that will always be available at this Religious restaurant as well.

And with any Religious building, that I've gone to, the same individual, or family experience, can be found inside of those same Religious buildings, and I've yet to see any Religious individuals, turning any visitors, or a visitor away from coming into a Religious building, because they might be non Religious oriented, but didn't express it outwardly.

So enjoy the hospitality of humanity, when some are being hospitable towards their own communities, regardless if it's a Religious restaurant, or a Religious building, in general.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    What is "atheist restaurant" or "religious restaurant"? Do they serve atheism and religion as food respectively? 

Regardless, private restaurants are free to promote any beliefs they want. They should also be free to only serve the kind of people they want. If someone wants to open a restaurant and only allow, say, Buddhists to eat out there, then they are free to do so - it would be a very poor business choice, costing the restaurant a lot of profit, but if their ideological convictions are this important to them, then they might be willing to do this trade.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

*****An Atheist takes their family into a Religious restaurant, and notices the Religious menus and the Religious wording, 

Why would he do that? What’s a “religious restaurant “? What’s an example of “religious wording” in a menu?

I wouldn’t go into either restaurant if they existed 

***** with the Atheist restaurant experience that you're seeking, for the two of you, and your family?

What’s an “Atheist restaurant experience “?

****But, the door to this Religious restaurant, is always open to any individual who voluntarily comes in, to enjoy a meal, because when anyone comes into this Religious restaurant, 

****no one will ever try to force anything on anyone.****

No , except religion which you admitted was the theme of the restaurant right?

***** I've yet to see any Religious individuals, turning any visitors, or a visitor away from coming into a Religious building, because they might be non Religious oriented, but didn't express it outwardly.

Try it in Saudi Arabia tell them at the Mosque you’re non religious and don’t believe in Allah .......good luck with that 

• xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1712 Pts   -  
    What is a religious restaurant? Every restaurant should be accepting of the religious views of all their customers, religious or atheist.
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar It's where they serve the body and blood of Jesus Christ.
    AlofRI
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    This atheist would eat at either if the food was good. I don't eat menus. However, I DO like a pleasant atmosphere, and, if either was trying to sell an agenda as dessert I would look for another restaurant in the future.
    For example, I've eaten at Chic-Fil-A before, but, since they started selling their agenda, I haven't eaten there … about 10 years … more????
    I don't know if I've eaten at an "atheist restaurant". I've never heard of one refusing service to anyone, never heard of one promoting an atheistic agenda. I hope ANY atheist restaurant would welcome ANY religion, any color, any gender that behaved themselves and didn't bother other customers. I don't sit at my table and wonder what the people in the next table do in their bedrooms. (I've seen a few that I would like to join there ;-) Female, of course … but that's just MY choice. I have no idea if they were Christian or not … or Jewish or Mormon or some other cult. Nor would I care. That's the nice thing about being an atheist … MUCH MORE CHOICE. :blush:
    ZeusAres42
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  

"The Atheist Restaurant verses the Religious Restaurant."

It's a conversation in regards to how discrimination lives and breathes each day in the United States.

A conversation based on the perceptions of various actors.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

**** It's a conversation in regards to how discrimination lives and breathes each day in the United States

Why who’s discriminating against you?
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    My favorite restaurants are those dedicated to Asian cuisine. It is especially great when actual Asian immigrants work there: they can make fully authentic food, with the original taste, and generally at very reasonable prices.

There is a restaurant in the Miami downtown, across the road from the AmericanAirlines Arena, where Japanese immigrants are working, and the food there is absolutely out of this world. Japanese are probably the best cooks in the world, and they somehow manage to make food that is incredible tasty and, yet, extremely healthy. Japan is literally a country worth visiting just for their food.

It is always interesting to see the overall theme in a restaurant, but I personally have mostly cared about the food itself. What does it matter if the establishment promotes some religion or not? If the food is great, then that is all you need. And if it is not great, then you should go to another place, no matter what else that restaurant can offer you.