frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

a 2 part question

Debate Information

atheists; what would you do if God suddenly showed his-self as real?  2nd part, christains, what would you do if science suddenly proved that there was no god?  PLEASE STICK TO THE QUESTION AS HOW IT IS ASKED

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    If suddenly there was undeniable proof that god was in fact real, I would probably conform to whatever religion this god represented.

Science can never disprove god's existence, because there will always be a limit to our knowledge where the theist will point and say "Thar' be Odin"

That being said, if somehow, using some method that we have not yet conceived, science disproved god any Christian who hangs on to his or her faith can only be said to be delusional.
    maxx
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • Well, firstly how would God actually show himself? I've heard some atheists say that they would be a believer if they saw God in the clouds and declared himself as such. @maxx

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    Nothing; I would shrug, say, "Hey, god", and move on. God's existence or non-existence is not a big deal for me and would not change how I live my life. I would be more interested in the changes in our understanding of physics it implies, such as what the boundaries of our Universe are and whether there are other Universes, then I would in, say, reconsidering my moral stances.
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    What would you do if science suddenly proved that there was no god?

I would be shocked.
    But would have to accept the conclusion.

• maxx said:
    atheists; what would you do if God suddenly showed his-self as real?  2nd part, christains, what would you do if science suddenly proved that there was no god?  PLEASE STICK TO THE QUESTION AS HOW IT IS ASKED
    From experience of the past decayed of exposing Christians and others religion to a real GOD. They appear to act smart and Play dumb. Still waiting on the suddenly of science on disproving relations of mathematics and axioms. A Christian is an atheist in context to religion as basic principle.
  • GnosticChristianGnosticChristian 285 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    maxx said:
    I am not an atheist, but If Yahweh showed up, and the Haigh did not go after him for his crimes against humanity, I have a bullet with his name on it. 

As a Gnostic Christian, I would give say to science and religions, told you so.

Regards
    DL