frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

I heard Pelosi & Adam Schiff were making a TV parody based on their hatred for Trump.

Debate Information

The show starts out with Nancy Pelosi reading the actual Transcript between Trump and Ukraine President. When Pelosi reads where Trump is asking the President to look into corruption from the 2016 campaign, Adam Schiff tells her to stop reading the actual evidence, and start making up stuff.

So Pelosi starts seeing Russian agents everywhere! Adam tells her that when she reads the wording of Trump asking for help weeding out corruption in the Ukraine, she must transcribe those words to say... "Mister President, would you find dirt on my Democrat opponent Joe Biden so that I can beat him in the next election. If you refuse to do so I will never give you one cent.

Pelosi says... that no good Russian agent!

The show continues on from there and goes into Trump's wording on illegal immigration. Schiff tells Pelosi when you read statements from Trump regarding illegal immigration, such as saving jobs for Americans, preventing criminals access to America, etc., I want you to transcribe the words to say... I hate these legal mexican peasants trying to come into this nation through the proper channels. I hate all immigrants, I hate all Muslims, I hate all people who are not Conservative Americans.

Pelosi tells Adam, I like how you think. IMPEACH HIM IMPEACH HIM, HE'S A RUSSIAN AGENT!

If Democrats are going to dstort everything Trump says, I figured i could do the same.
PlaffelvohfenAlofRIsmoothie

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    Okay, and... What is the topic for discussion you are proposing? Do you have any questions, any criticisms, perhaps any arguments you want people to respond to?

We all get your political position; you have stated it many times already. You like Trump, you dislike Democrats; we get that. Now, do you have something you would like to debate?
    Plaffelvohfensmoothie
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @We_are_accountable

Here is something to debate...

Trump had no idea that the Russians were aiding him by interfering in the election.

The Mueller investigation did in fact show that Russian interference did happen, but it did not show that Trump colluded with Russia to make it happen.

This means only two things are possible:
    1. Trump covered his tracks well enough that the investigation could not prove any collusion, in which case he is guilty
    2. Trump was an unwilling benefactor in Putin's plan to destroy America by aiding Donald Trump.
    Since Trump is the least intelligent President we have had to date, I think the second scenario is the most likely.

PlaffelvohfenAlofRIWe_are_accountable
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • This site does not like people being rude and would not appreciate you discouraging the President by calling him the least intelligent President we have ever had.

I myself believe you have the freedom and free speech to give your anti Trump opinions, so you won't have to worry about me being a thin skinned Big brother censor and trying to have you banned from this site.

I have muted those who have tried to get me banned from this site, so I will be able to focus on those who actually want to debate the issues.

You are doing what Democrats have been doing since Trump was elected. You have found him guilty until proven innocent, and even after the Muellor report declaing him innocent, you STILL believe he is guilty.

Democrats will keep looking for anything they can get on him rather than doing the people's work. This is the worst partisan witch hunt I've ever seen in our nation.@Happy_Killbot
    Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfensmoothie
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    smoothieDeeZeusAres42
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    Pelosi and Adam Schiff certainly don't have to "distort" anything. The Mueller Report showed that: Agent Orange broke the law over 130 times, and that, if it were any other "citizen" that had done these things he/she would be headed for prison. That is no distortion.
    PlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountableCYDdharta
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    I myself believe you have the freedom and free speech to give your anti Trump opinions, so you won't have to worry about me being a thin skinned Big brother censor and trying to have you banned from this site.

I have muted those who have tried to get me banned from this site, so I will be able to focus on those who actually want to debate the issues.
    @We_are_accountable We are debating the issues, . You choose to not accept any criticism and slander users. If you care about freedom of speech then why do you mute people who criticize you?

How am I thin-skinned, when you are the one getting defensive, going off-topic, directly attacking people, and not willing to have a formal debate because you think defending your ego is more important?
    PlaffelvohfenHappy_KillbotAlofRI
    why so serious?
    @We_are_accountable

I think it's funny how thin skinned authoritarians like you put on this face of toughness and then put up with me for so long, It would be easier to admit defeat instead of squirming like a coward and being intellectually lazy, two key traits of your lord and savior DJ Trump.

I already know that you won't actually address anything I say or suggest in any meaningful way, because, well, I'm not convinced you are physically capable. If you think you can prove otherwise, I would be happily surprised, because I enjoy a challenge. It's gets kind of boring debating people who are their own straw men.

You might think that "the left" (I don't think you know what you are talking about) believes that Trump did collude with Russia, and before the investigation I am sure that many people either jumped the gun or placed their bets on such, but afterwards the reality seems to be more clear.

I don't know why more of Trump's opposition (even competing Conservatives) don't bring this up more often, because either way it is absolutely damning to Trumps position.

Either he knowingly cheated in the election, or stupidly benefited from foreign manipulation from one of our enemies.

One way, he cheated the US public, the other way he is a pawn of one of our enemies.

Either way Trump presidency is illegitimate and he has to go, so I will not be voting for him in the 2020 election because he is simply not good for the United States of America.
    PlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountable
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

• Thanks for proving my point. You have pronounced Trump guilty till proven innocent.

You just called me an authoritarian, a coward, and lazy. I thought this site tells everyone to be civil and not rude? I wonder why the Big Brother thought police on this site have not gotten you banned? Oh, I keep forgetting the hypocrisy of only censoring Conservatives.

I would not be surpirsed if you are one of the censors on this site that tried to get me banned for my opinions.@Happy_Killbot
    PlaffelvohfensmoothieHappy_KillbotAlofRI
    @We_are_accountable

You don't debate the issue though...

This thread isn't even a debate, it's a provocation, but when I call you out on your bluff you just get defensive and add nothing to the discussion, because you can't.

Instead you play the victim, this is cowardice at it's finest.

If there is something I am missing here, you should bring it to light, but you don't. This is intellectual laziness.

You refer to the left as "big brother" which is of course a reference to 1984, but what I think you missed is that many of the policies that lead to serfdom (bet you don't get this reference) are instilled when leaders take authoritarian control. If you understood this, you would see that Trump is the real "big brother" and because he frequently tries to censor the press by declaring it "fake news" he is playing right into authoritarian theory.

I don't care to censor conservatives, I will sit down and talk with a conservative any day, conservatism is important to preventing the overreach of government and accidentally making things worse. Progressivism and Conservatism need each other to survive.

Having an opinion is fine, but bowing to alternate facts is not. I don't care if your opinion is that the sky is red, when the fact is that it has a particular color, that is wrong.

The fact is that Russia meddled in the 2016 US presidential election. That is an indisputable fact. Using logic, we can conclude that one of the possibilities I have listed above must be true, either Trump was a conscientious cheater or he was oblivious benefactor. There are no other possibilities, now are there?
    PlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountable

• If you are actually denying that the vast majority of our media is not biased towards Democrats, then it would be impossible to have an intelligent debate with you. Fox news is a moderate to conservative news network and the only media that is not in bed with the Left.

Trump is 100% correct about most of the news networks being fake news.@Happy_Killbot
    Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfen
    @We_are_accountable

We live in the same reality right?

smoothiePlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountableCYDdharta

@We_are_accountable

The fact is that Russia meddled in the 2016 US presidential election. That is an indisputable fact. Using logic, we can conclude that one of the possibilities I have listed above must be true, either Trump was a conscientious cheater or he was oblivious benefactor. There are no other possibilities, now are there?
    We_are_accountablePlaffelvohfen

• smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    If you are actually denying that the vast majority of our media is not biased towards Democrats, then it would be impossible to have an intelligent debate with you. Fox news is a moderate to conservative news network and the only media that is not in bed with the Left.

Trump is 100% correct about most of the news networks being fake news.@Happy_Killbot
    @We_are_accountable So how does that make Fox News not fake news when it is in bed with the Right? Is it "real news" only because it fits your views?

Also, there are many conservative publishers and media across this country that are definitely not "in bed" with the left, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_media_(U.S._political_right)

As well as my personal favorite, independent and unbiased publishers, including Reuters and the Associated Press.
    Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfen
    why so serious?
  • Let me clarify since you want to include all forms of media. I was speaking to TV news networks. We all know that there are more Conservative radio talk shows because the vast majority of Americans do not  like listening to Liberal raido talk shows. The ratings are always bad when it comes to Liberal talk shows.

You might notice that Fox news always wins the rating wars these past decades! The people are far more conservative then the TV news networks would suggest.@Happy_Killbot
    @We_are_accountable
    BBC, ABC, CBS are all fair and relatively unbiased and reliable. Fox news, as you can see from the chart, is very biased and unreliable. You think these other channels are biased because you live at the right pole, where all directions point left.

Fox wins the ratings because no one watches TV anymore... It's like saying your winning a game that is no longer popular.

CYDdharta

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    @We_are_accountable

So how does Fox News winning the rating wars imply that there is a media bias against "liberals" (the term you do not understand the meaning of, but I will let it slide)?

I actually do agree that conservatism is underrepresented in the media. But the way you are trying to demonstrate it is very weak. 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    MayCaesar said:
    @We_are_accountable

So how does Fox News winning the rating wars imply that there is a media bias against "liberals" (the term you do not understand the meaning of, but I will let it slide)?

I actually do agree that conservatism is underrepresented in the media. But the way you are trying to demonstrate it is very weak. 
    My problem is that conservatism is "underrepresenting" ME! I don't have a few $million, so, they don't give a rat's tush about me. 

"Medicare? we're taking that! Existing conditions? We've got that in court! H.R 3? Forget it! Voting rights? Not if we can help it! Women's rights?? (You MUST be kidding!), Equal pay? HAHAHA …. we have a hundred millionaires that need a new yacht! Equal branches of government .. ?? Guns, God and Groping …. It's the conservative way, …. today!

Well, It WAS a great country ….. until MAGA.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1833 Pts   -  
    AlofRI said:

My problem is that conservatism is "underrepresenting" ME! I don't have a few $million, so, they don't give a rat's tush about me. 

"Medicare? we're taking that! Existing conditions? We've got that in court! H.R 3? Forget it! Voting rights? Not if we can help it! Women's rights?? (You MUST be kidding!), Equal pay? HAHAHA …. we have a hundred millionaires that need a new yacht! Equal branches of government .. ?? Guns, God and Groping …. It's the conservative way, …. today!

Well, It WAS a great country ….. until MAGA.
    You're not describing conservatives, those are the Dems.  Virtually all of the billionaires are fringe leftists.  Face it, the Dem party has sold out to the ultra-rich; two of them are even trying to buy the Dem presidential nomination.
    We_are_accountable
  • Thanks for shedding some truth to all these Democrats calling the GOP the Party of the Rich.@CYDdharta
    @CYDdharta @We_are_accountable

You're not describing conservatives, those are the Dems.  Virtually all of the billionaires are fringe leftists.  Face it, the Dem party has sold out to the ultra-rich; two of them are even trying to buy the Dem presidential nomination.

How do you know any of this?

Most campaign contributors do not disclose their contributors, and even fewer are open about their political affiliations and political beliefs.

How do you know it isn't split about 50/50? How do you know they don't change their affiliation with the times?

Donald Trump changed his party affiliation at least 5 times before becoming president.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Donald_Trump

Right now he is mostly loyal to conservatives because they are his voter base. If he gets a second term, what makes you think he would stay loyal to the Republican party knowing that there is nothing holding him back since he can't get reelected?

• We now know many things about Trump. We don't care about his past. We understand forgiveness and the heart of a man. He truly cares for the lives of unborn babies because he is the first president who is fighting on their behalf.

He did not have to stop funding to Planned Parenthood's abortion trade. He could have been like past RINO's and said one thing to the people to get elected, and then ignore the abortion issue. Trump is not doing this.

If he ever goes back to being pro choice, he will go down in history as a phony. I do not believe he would ever do this.@Happy_Killbot
    @We_are_accountable

Trump flipped on abortion once:
    https://qz.com/1623437/trump-shifted-from-pro-choice-to-pro-life-as-he-planned-a-presidential-run/

He only did so to get people like you on his side. He wouldn't flip again though, would he?

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    MayCaesar said:
    @We_are_accountable

Indeed... It could be argued that FoxNews hasn't been an actual conservative source for quite a while now... 
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
    @CYDdharta @We_are_accountable

How do you know any of this?

Most campaign contributors do not disclose their contributors, and even fewer are open about their political affiliations and political beliefs.

How do you know it isn't split about 50/50? How do you know they don't change their affiliation with the times?

Donald Trump changed his party affiliation at least 5 times before becoming president.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Donald_Trump

Right now he is mostly loyal to conservatives because they are his voter base. If he gets a second term, what makes you think he would stay loyal to the Republican party knowing that there is nothing holding him back since he can't get reelected?the 
    Are you for real?  Steyer's, Bloomberg, Gates, Bezos, Buffett, Zuckerberg, Brin, Page, Ellison, and Ballmer are all leftists.  The Waltons stay pretty quiet, as does Julia Koch.  That leaves Charles Koch as the only one of the 15 richest people in the country that opposes the leftists.  How on earth do you see a 50/50 split???

Pres. Trump may have switched parties, but his message has remained largely unchanged.  He believes in his message, which is a huge change from politics as usual, which is the source of much of the criticism of him since he became a serious candidate.   What makes you think any of the other candidates would stay loyal to their campaign promises knowing that there is nothing holding tbem back once they get reelected?

@CYDdharta
    That's nice, just move the goal post when reality doesn't fit your narrative. Before you said billionaires not the 15 richest.

Do you have any evidence to provide to support your claim that these billionaires are all "leftists" whatever that means, and consistently so?

If I was a billionaire, I would not bow to one party or the other, I would want to keep my options open and loyalties vague.

Trump's message changes on a daily basis. Take just about any hot-button issue and he has changed his views on that subject in the past decade.

Abortion, gun rights, LGBTQ rights, Electoral college, China as a currency manipulator, NATO, Attacking Syria, Medicare, Medicaid, Minimum wage, and so many more!

Trump is a lose cannon, his strategy is random. Everything he does is random. What he does and says is random. Trump does not care about the US, he cares about himself and not about the US and US interests. Trump is a . Trump is a manipulator. Trump is a virtual traitor.

What makes me trust other candidates more than Trump is their character and their genuine interest in what is right for the US. Trump is not a man of strong moral character. That is why I have no trust in him whatsoever, and I pity the masses who still do.
    PlaffelvohfenCYDdharta

@CYDdharta
    That's nice, just move the goal post when reality doesn't fit your narrative. Before you said billionaires not the 15 richest.

Do you have any evidence to provide to support your claim that these billionaires are all "leftists" whatever that means, and consistently so?
    Yes, and I posted it.  Don't  like it?  Then prove me wrong.  Make your case, if you can.

If I was a billionaire, I would not bow to one party or the other, I would want to keep my options open and loyalties vague.
    Cool story,  but the reality is you'd  be just like all of the other billionaires and jet-setters and embrace the left and guide the Dem party.

Trump's message changes on a daily basis. Take just about any hot-button issue and he has changed his views on that subject in the past decade.

Abortion, gun rights, LGBTQ rights, Electoral college, China as a currency manipulator, NATO, Attacking Syria, Medicare, Medicaid, Minimum wage, and so many more!

Anyone can claim anything on the internet.  Prove your points.  Cited examples.

Trump is a lose cannon, his strategy is random. Everything he does is random. What he does and says is random. Trump does not care about the US, he cares about himself and not about the US and US interests. Trump is a . Trump is a manipulator. Trump is a virtual traitor.
    What makes me trust other candidates more than Trump is their character and their genuine interest in what is right for the US. Trump is not a man of strong moral character. That is why I have no trust in him whatsoever, and I pity the masses who still do.

This is garbage, and you know it.  You may not be honest enough to admit it, but you know  it's crap.

Plaffelvohfen
    @CYDdharta
    Yes, and I posted it.  Don't  like it?  Then prove me wrong.  Make your case, if you can.
    First you move the goal post now you shift the burden of proof? Nice.
    Cool story,  but the reality is you'd  be just like all of the other billionaires and jet-setters and embrace the left and guide the Dem party.
    Do you have any evidence to prove this or is this just your opinion? At the moment I follow neither of the major US parties, if I became wealthy why would that change?
    Anyone can claim anything on the internet.  Prove your points.  Cited examples.
    It would be my pleasure.
    https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/list/?speaker=donald-trump&ruling=full-flop
    https://www.nj.com/politics/2017/04/12_ways_president_trump_is_different_than_candidat.html
    https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/president-trumps-first-100-days/here-are-new-policy-stances-donald-trump-has-taken-election-n684946
    https://www.presidentflipflops.com/

It seems to me that the only thing he hasn't changed his mind on is the border wall and his stance on immigration,
    This is garbage, and you know it.  You may not be honest enough to admit it, but you know  it's crap.
    No this isn't crap, it's blatantly obvious to anyone who isn't blinded by Trump-o-vision.

The previous articles are sufficient to demonstrate Trump's complete unreliability and lack of consistency.

Trump says things that are not objectively true constantly:
    https://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/

Trump's character is questionable at best and makes him completely unfit for office regardless.
    https://time.com/5704178/trump-character-unfit-office/

On Trump being a virtual traitor, you would have to answer the question I have posited above, which still has yet to have a solid answer from any Trump supporters here and on other sites:

The fact is that Russia meddled in the 2016 US presidential election. That is an indisputable fact. Using logic, we can conclude that one of two possibilities must be true, either Trump was a conscientious cheater or he was oblivious benefactor. There are no other possibilities, so which is the case?
    Plaffelvohfen