frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Belief in God a Mental Illness?

Debate Information

A resident atheist suggested that believing in God can be construed as a form of mental illness. A Christian response...

An actual "mental illness" is a refusal or inability to apprehend the overwhelming evidence before you and come to a logical conclusion about its relevance. Anyone possessing a modicum of commonsense, wisdom, discernment, mental acuity, void personal - immoral biases and ulterior motives can gaze at a clear night sky and discern the necessity for design and therefore a Designer.

According to God the Holy Spirit, it is "the fool" (Psalm 14:1; Romans 1:18-32) that sees the supernatural evidence in Nature mandating our Creator then looks away and concludes that this supernatural phenomena manifest by chance. That is evidence of an untenable psychosis and the atheist, naturalist, is not only a and a fool but evidence suggests a mental illness - demonic deception is in play as well.

RS_masterBlastcat

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    There is no evidence for god or Christianity whatsoever. By these same metrics, belief in god would be a mental illness.
    DeePlaffelvohfen
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    You’re not in a position to offer a valid assessment what constitutes a mental illness as you suffer from a ......

delusion
    /dɪˈluːʒ(ə)n/
    noun
    1. an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

You have a mental disorder 
    Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenBlastcat
  • maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    first, according to the definition that you posted, then almost everyone has a mental illness in regards to their beliefs.  second, a belief in god is basically what you were taught to believe as a child.  as long as enough people believe in something, it can be pretty hard to tell someone anything different. proof matters very little to most people if it refutes to what they think is actually correct. some will deny proof even when they know it is right simply because no one likes to be pointed out that they are wrong.  after years and years of believing something is true, then giving up that belief even when shown different is not really a form of mental illness as much as it is human nature. everyone does it in some form or other.@RickeyD
    Happy_KillbotAlofRI
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @maxx ; Everyone intuitively knows our Creator exists and to deny same is a lie, deception; basically, a mental illness-psychosis.

When the Christian, or anyone possessing a modicum of commonsense, logic, wisdom, observes the written and verbal contributions in these debate forums of those adhering to the façade of the Atheistic Religion, it is beyond refutability that the deception involved in this demonically-based ideology/religion/cult is, for all intents and purposes, a form of schizophrenia.

Mayoclinic.org: Schizophrenia

“Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder in which people interpret reality abnormally.”

When engaging the atheist in conversation or debate relevant to their worldview, the atheist fails to acknowledge the overwhelming, irrefutable, evidence of our supernatural Universe as empirical, extant, substantive, evidence for design and a mandated Designer. I am not suggesting that the atheist simply denies knowing the Creator of the Universe, the identity of said Creator, but that the atheist unashamedly denies the inexplicable reality of the Moon, Sun, Stars, Earth, Life and Time and the inexplicable origin of these supernatural phenomena void a mandated Designer who is both supernatural and outside of and simultaneously infinitely superior to that which has been carefully designed and created.

Denying the reality of that which is before you daily and nightly is symptomatic of a psychosis, a mental illness, that is obviously supported and under girded by personal biases, involvement in unnatural, immoral, behaviors that require the denial of a supernatural Creator for the sake of conscience and eschewing shame and self-loathing; a Supernatural Creator that the atheist and all of mankind intuitively knows exists and One that inherently-obviously possesses authority and dominion over the life of the atheist living in denial of reality (Romans 1:18-32).

This psychosis of “denial of reality” is also enhanced and seductively morphs into a form of obsessive-compulsive disorder via the psychologically and physiologically devastating-debilitating problem of “diminishing returns.” When one is consumed with demonically inspired Naturalism which is the primary tenet of the religion of Darwinism (evolutionary theory) which is the progenitor of the religion/cult of Atheism which worships at the throne of “moral relativism,” the man or woman so deceived by these demonically-based cultic religions naturally pursues and obsessively idolizes those things that bring aberrant forms of sensual pleasure and ingratiate the flesh i.e. a rebellion to/rejection of the objective moral law written upon the human heart by the Creator (Romans 2:15).

Unfortunately, the atheist, who is often times absorbed with the obsessive-compulsive behaviors involved in compromise with sexual immorality-other forms of addiction, there is inevitably a slippery-slope of disappointment, dissatisfaction with cursory immorality necessitating ever-increasing forms of self-destructive debauchery, immoral behavior manifesting in confusion and self-loathing leading to death of the body, mind, soul, in life and in eternity. This slippery-slope of hopelessness ingrained within the Religion of Atheism mandates ever-increasing vitriol-hate-loathing for a Divine Moral Authority. This deep-seated hatred for God is ever-present on debate-forums involving the atheist.

Conclusion

Atheism is a serious and debilitating psychological – spiritual disorder that is incrementally destroying the lives and future of America’s posterity as well as the future of America’s Constitutional Republic; therefore, Atheism in America is an untenable ideology relevant to the sustainability of mores, norms, values, under girding a healthy, happy, moral, sustainable society.

Rick Holtsclaw

RS_masterBlastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee ;

Does the Pope suffer from mental illness being that he is a Religious individual?

Does the Queen of England suffer from mental illness?

If you believe that they suffer from mental illness, then where is your PUBLISHED news stories, that allude to their mental illnesses? 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

You poor man you’re unwell ,you suffer from a delusion ......

delusion
    /dɪˈluːʒ(ə)n/
    noun
    1. an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
    Blastcat
  • There is no evidence for god or Christianity whatsoever. By these same metrics, belief in god would be a mental illness.

@Happy_Killbot ; Nope. It's not a mental illness to believe in something or believe something exists without evidence. You may not have very good reasons for believing in something or believing that something exits though.
    AlofRI

• RickeyD said:
    A resident atheist suggested that believing in God can be construed as a form of mental illness. A Christian response...

An actual "mental illness" is a refusal or inability to apprehend the overwhelming evidence before you and come to a logical conclusion about its relevance. Anyone possessing a modicum of commonsense, wisdom, discernment, mental acuity, void personal - immoral biases and ulterior motives can gaze at a clear night sky and discern the necessity for design and therefore a Designer.

According to God the Holy Spirit, it is "the fool" (Psalm 14:1; Romans 1:18-32) that sees the supernatural evidence in Nature mandating our Creator then looks away and concludes that this supernatural phenomena manifest by chance. That is evidence of an untenable psychosis and the atheist, naturalist, is not only a and a fool but evidence suggests a mental illness - demonic deception is in play as well.

And because someone does not possess a belief in a God or God does not mean they're mentally ill. And if you think Atheists are mentally ill then you're going to have to do better than just appeal to God, Heaven, Faith, Spirituality, etc. All of these appeals are actual argument stoppers where there is no place for rational discourse to continue. This is not a preaching and/or Christian recruitment site. And I still hold that you're not here to debate; you're here to troll or preach. I mean preaching is fine but you're on the wrong site if that is your goal.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @RickeyD

There is no such thing as "intuitive knowledge"; our intuition is deceptive, and differs between individuals. My intuition suggests that there is nothing of the kind, yet I cannot reasonably call it "knowledge". Knowledge and intuition are incompatible categories.

I do not think that the definition of "mental illness" you provided in the title post is the correct one, but if it was, then, indeed, believing in god could be classified as mental illness.
    PlaffelvohfenBlastcat
  • maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    I should have know better than to answer a debate of yours; your reply to mine was nothing but a religious sermon and had no relation to what I said. are you totally incapable of having a debate instead of just spouting scripture? @RickeyD
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

There you go again, hounding me, instead of properly debating with Facts, and legitimate evidence to support your own non Religious narratives?

"You poor man you’re unwell ,you suffer from a delusion ......

delusion
    /dɪˈluːʒ(ə)n/
    noun
    1. an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder. "

@Dee
    Where is your internet breaking evidence, to provide a counter argument to the below questions?

Does the Pope suffer from mental illness being that he is a Religious individual?

Does the Queen of England suffer from mental illness?

If you believe that they suffer from mental illness, then where is your PUBLISHED news stories, that allude to their mental illnesses?  
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @maxx ; Truly, you had nothing of substance to contribute as an atheist.
    Blastcat
  • RickeyD said:
    @maxx ; Truly, you had nothing of substance to contribute as an atheist.

@RickeyD ; And what you do? Where is this substantial evidence that we can test and verify? Please enlighten us?

• RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @MayCaesar ; Your intuition is false...you know better and I'm not deceived by your obfuscation. Even a child can observe the Moon, Sun, Stars, LIFE and conclude the necessity of design and a Designer. You lie to yourself, to God and to me...you will never persuade me that you lack sufficient wisdom and discernment to know that a Creator is mandated and you call the Holy Spirit a when you do. I believe the Holy Spirit.  I do grow weary of atheistic deceit.

RS_masterBlastcat
    @ZeusAres42 ; Are you so lost and deceived that you cannot discern the evidence around you...no, you're not. You lie and deceive and put forth a facade of innocence but you KNOW there is a Creator...please STOP lying?  You are "without excuse."

Evidence for our Creator>>> https://rickeyholtsclaw.com/2019/10/25/evidence-for-our-creator/

RS_masterBlastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @TKDB

***There you go again, hounding me, 

Facts don’t care about your feelings buddy 

That’s some persecution complex you have 

*****instead of properly debating with Facts, and legitimate evidence to support your own non Religious narratives?

Facts ? You mean like the fact you’re delusional ?

**** Where is your internet breaking evidence, to provide a counter argument to the below questions?

Evidence ? Do you not read what I stated you and others believe in a supernatural entity you’s have never seen , heard or touched you’s are delusional 

***Does the Pope suffer from mental illness being that he is a Religious individual?

He does yes 

***/Does the Queen of England suffer from mental illness?

She does yes 

****If you believe that they suffer from mental illness, then where is your PUBLISHED news stories, that allude to their mental illnesses?  

What do I need them for? You and others believe in a supernatural entity you’s have never seen , heard or touched .....you’s are delusional 

Blastcat
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @RickeyD

First you said that I have an intuitive knowledge that god exists. Now I said that my intuition suggests otherwise, and you are saying that my intuition is false. So which one is it? Should one trust their intuition on this one or not?

If my intuition is false, how do you know that yours is not?

You do nothing with this kind of arguments but push people further and further away from your religion.
    Blastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

If I may, I thought this article, might be beneficial to the forum?

https://amp-theatlantic-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/520914/?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE=#aoh=15810275750915&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2017/03/secular-therapy-in-the-south/520914/

"The Atheists Struggling to Find Therapists in the Bible Belt

The rise of faith-based counseling in America’s most Christian regions has brought the clash over religious liberties to the therapist’s couch."

ANGELA ALMEIDA

"In the U.S., people are less religious than ever. Adults in their 20s and early 30s make up more than one-third of the country’s “nones,” or those who consider themselves religiously unaffiliated. Church attendance among young Americans has also declined, and most adults nationwide rely on internet research, rather than prayer, when faced with life decisions."

"But for many non-believers living in the country’s most religious regions, namely the Bible Belt and parts of the Midwest, the idea that religion in America is somehow eroding seems foreign, if not far-fetched. Despite the overall decline in religiosity over the past decade, around 70 percent of Americans still identify as Christian, currently making the U.S. home to more Christians than any other place in the world."

"So what does that mean for atheists, agnostics, secularists, and “nones” living in the country’s most faithful pockets? Well, historically, a kind of culture war, where the separation of church and state is hotly debated in places like restaurantsschools, and the workplace. However, in recent years, a more understated and intimate clash over religious liberties has been playing out—only this time, it’s on a therapist’s couch."

(This section on Sigmund Freud, reads more like self created opinion, and perception, from Sigmund Freud himself?)

"Sigmund Freud once called religion the “universal obsessional neurosis of humanity,” setting the tone for a long-fractured relationship between psychology and theology. Although tensions between the two domains have softened over the past few decades, the tête-à-tête persists, in part because they are devoted to a similar purpose: explaining the intricacies of the human mind, and soul."

"The degree to which “He” fits into the mix can vary. From Christian rehabilitation centers and biblical life coaches to religious private practices, spiritual counselors, and something as contentious as conversion therapy, Christian groups have been adopting mental health as a new frontier in recent years. And at the forefront of this trend are faith-based therapies, which have reportedly experienced a surge in popularity over the last decade."

@RickeyD

My takeaway from the article, it would appear that some come to the internet, and I guess in a way, are seeking therapy or guidance from the internet itself?

@MayCaesar ; Incorrect. You suggested that your intuition has led you to another conclusion...I call your suggestion a lie and deception as per the Holy Spirit. We both intuitively know that our Creator is valid and relevant...the difference being, I am truthful in acknowledging His reality while you lie to me, to God, to yourself in your denial.

Blastcat
    @TKDB ; Thank you for sharing...I'll add that to my list. Much appreciated...good find!!!
    Blastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

What do you think about Sigmund Freud's work?

Did he base his WORK on legitimate facts, and evidence, or did he base his WORK on his own opinion and perception?

My thought is that Sigmund Freud's own WORK, was based on zero evidence, and he relied on his individual opinion and perception, to grease the very wheels of his self hyped Public popularity. 

Freud lived off of the very opinion and perception, that pushed his narratives unto the Public to garner attention for himself.

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

You're welcome.

Sigmund Freud's opinion and perception, are very educational.
  • Ideation about coming from a non-biological source that lacks any Chemical activity is a mental illness.
  • TKDB said:
    @RickeyD

You're welcome.

Sigmund Freud's opinion and perception, are very educational.

@TKDB You do realize a lot has changed since Freud now right?

• maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    first I am neither an atheist nor religious,  and again you seem very incapable of a debate with out showing scripture.  that is not an intelligent individual for all you can do is post religion. you asked a question, I replied. your reply was way off the mark.  have fun with your ramblings for I am done with you@RickeyD
    ZeusAres42
  • maxx said:
    first I am neither an atheist nor religious,  and again you seem very incapable of a debate with out showing scripture.  that is not an intelligent individual for all you can do is post religion. you asked a question, I replied. your reply was way off the mark.  have fun with your ramblings for I am done with you@RickeyD

The only reason I sometimes currently continue to converse with him is to see if I can actually get through to that once respectful, civil individual that did once exist. @maxx

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @ZeusAres42

I realize that you, and some of the other non Religious individuals, are just as educational as Freud is, via an individuals opinions, and perceptions?

When it comes to an individuals perception in regards to "Delusion and Religion, and placing them together," to create an opinion and perception platform to hound various Religious individuals with?

First there was Epicurus, and now Sigmund Freud, and his opinion, and perception filled works.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmund_Freud

"In founding psychoanalysis, Freud developed therapeutic techniques such as the use of free association and discovered transference, establishing its central role in the analytic process. Freud's redefinition of sexuality to include its infantile forms led him to formulate the Oedipus complex as the central tenet of psychoanalytical theory.[8] His analysis of dreams as wish-fulfillments provided him with models for the clinical analysis of symptom formation and the underlying mechanisms of repression. On this basis Freud elaborated his theory of the unconscious and went on to develop a model of psychic structure comprising id, ego and super-ego.[9] Freud postulated the existence of libido, a sexualised energy with which mental processes and structures are invested and which generates erotic attachments, and a death drive, the source of compulsive repetition, hate, aggression and neurotic guilt.[10] In his later works, Freud developed a wide-ranging interpretation and critique of religion and culture."

"Though in overall decline as a diagnostic and clinical practice, psychoanalysis remains influential within psychologypsychiatry, and psychotherapy, and across the humanities. It thus continues to generate extensive and highly contested debate with regard to its therapeutic efficacy, its scientific status, and whether it advances or is detrimental to the feminist cause.[11] Nonetheless, Freud's work has suffused contemporary Western thought and popular culture. W. H. Auden's 1940 poetic tribute to Freud describes him as having created "a whole climate of opinion / under whom we conduct our different lives."[12] "

• TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

I realize that you, and some other non Religious individuals, are just as educational as Freud is via an individuals opinion, and perception.

When it comes to an individuals perception in regards to "Delusion and Religion, and placing them together," to create an opinion and perception platform to hound various Religious individuals with?

First there was Epicurus, and now Sigmund Freud, and his opinion, and perception filled works.

I don't know much about Epicurus. And as for Sigmund Freud, I don't agree with more than half of any of his stuff, nor do most modern psychologists. Furthermore, I haven't hounded anyone. I've respected and been fair to both religious and non-religious people. Perhaps you think being non-religious is in itself unfair to religious people right?

Furthermore, do you also not realize yet that every person in the world sees things as an individual with their own opinions and perceptions including you? To not do this you would have to somehow separate your perceptions from your own brain and then you wouldn't have any perception or opinions about anything. I'm sorry but you don't really make any sense here. Are you actually here to debate or just to continue to repeat to people things like "you have your own perceptions?"

@TKDB I have admitted that I have acted in an a*hole way to you before and since then I have been acting more fairly toward you. It's rather a shame that you cannot return the favor isn't don't you think?

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

How can you possibly know what my intuition tells me? Are you a mind-reader? Not for a moment did my intuition ever suggest the need for some sort of a supreme being. I can just as well suggest that your intuition also does not suggest any gods, and you are lying to the Universe, to me and to myself.

You can never make a logical argument. You always have to appeal to some scriptures, to your alleged mind-reading abilities, etc. This is what swindlers do, who have some material agenda and do not actually care about being truthful.
    Blastcat
    @ZeusAres42

I realize that Religious discrimination is Religious discrimination.

And not one TIME, have I ever witnessed any grown adults inside of a Religious building, being discriminate towards any other Religion, or to any Atheist individual.

Because if I had ever witnessed that kind of Atheist discrimination, I would have happily called out the Religious individual being discriminate towards any Atheist.

But the reality on the Internet, when it comes to how some of the non Religious individuals act discriminately towards, other Religious human beings is appalling.

And one of these days I may write a book, about that very subject matter.
    JesusisGod777888
  • @TKDB

What's wrong with discrimination against what is evil? How can there be good if you allow evil?
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    The Challenge of Satan is that Man would not willingly choose to worship God purely out of love.
    That is why God has allowed Satan to mislead the world.

One of the definitions of a "fool" is "one that is duped".
    All of us know how it feels to be duped. I do not wish that on anyone.

The Beauty of life is the ability to choose.
    And unfortunately, none of us have proof about what really happened in the past.
    We both have evidence, strong evidence.

Do I wish all the Atheists would change their views? I would be lying if I said, "I didn't".
    Eventually, the truth will reveal itself, the true answer will come back from the hidden.
    As Happy I will be to finally prove the answer, is the hurt I would feel to see them in pain
    I do not wish this on the Atheist, as I hope they do not wish me the same.
    As I stick out my chest and point the finger, I notice more fingers pointing back so free
    I quickly glance back at the answer only to find out the fool was me

Humility and the pursuit of truth and good help for whoever is considered mental.
    @JesusisGod777888

What do you discriminate against? 

And are you Religious oriented?
    And if you are, have you been discriminated against in Public, or on the internet? 
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

Are you going to debate?

Or are you going to rely on the below irrelevant answers to do your debating for you?

***Does the Pope suffer from mental illness being that he is a Religious individual?

"He does yes"

Did the Pope give your permission to speak on this website, on his behalf?

"She does yes."

Did the Queen herself give you permission to speak on this website, on her behalf?

Being that they are Global household names?

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

***^Are you going to debate?

You asked me two questions  I answered them stop trolling 

**$£^Or are you going to rely on the below irrelevant answers to do your debating for you?

You asked me were they delusional  I proved they were 

"He does yes"

******Did the Pope give your permission to speak on this website, on his behalf?

I'm not speaking on his behalf you clot 

"She does yes."

******Did the Queen herself give you permission to speak on this website, on her behalf?

I'm not speaking on her behalf you clot 

*****Being that they are Global household names?

So what , they are delusional, so are you 

Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

**** What do you think about Sigmund Freud's work?

Not much to be honest 

*****Did he base his WORK on legitimate facts, and evidence, or did he base his WORK on his own opinion and perception?

I don’t know nor do I care 

*****My thought is that Sigmund Freud's own WORK, was based on zero evidence, and he relied on his individual opinion and perception, to grease the very wheels of his self hyped Public popularity. 

Sounds exactly like your god 

*****Freud lived off of the very opinion and perception, that pushed his narratives unto the Public to garner attention for himself.

Exactly like your god through the Bible 
    Blastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

Why are you so obsessed with having anyone debate YOU, instead of debating within the theme of any forum?

Here's the theme of the forum:

And here's how you reduce the theme of the debate, down to debating YOU:

**** What do you think about Sigmund Freud's work?

"Not much to be honest"

*****Did he base his WORK on legitimate facts, and evidence, or did he base his WORK on his own opinion and perception?

"I don’t know nor do I care"

*****My thought is that Sigmund Freud's own WORK, was based on zero evidence, and he relied on his individual opinion and perception, to grease the very wheels of his self hyped Public popularity. 

"Sounds exactly like your god"

*****Freud lived off of the very opinion and perception, that pushed his narratives unto the Public to garner attention for himself.

"Exactly like your god through the Bible."

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

**** Why are you so obsessed with having anyone debate YOU,

Ehhh .....here’s a total shot in the dark .....I think it’s because it’s a debate site .....maybe 

**** instead of debating within the theme of any forum?

I’m within the theme of the forum , you’re not thus your confusion 

*****Here's the theme of the forum:

And I’ve said yes repeatedly it is indeed a mental illness , you don’t seem to understand that by answering this simple question I’m within the theme , you most certainly are not as your piece on Freud clearly demonstrates, is that why you’re trolling ?
    Blastcat
    @Dee

You're obsessed with Me, or anyone else debating YOU, and NOT the theme of any forum.

Reality check, how about refraining from making any debate about YOU, so that the theme of any forum, can be shown its proper respect, and courtesy?

Because debating YOU, is time being sidelined to address YOU and not any debate?

More evidence of you diminishing a debate down to you:

**** Why are you so obsessed with having anyone debate YOU,

"Ehhh .....here’s a total shot in the dark .....I think it’s because it’s a debate site .....maybe"

**** instead of debating within the theme of any forum?

"I’m within the theme of the forum , you’re not thus your confusion"

*****Here's the theme of the forum:

"And I’ve said yes repeatedly it is indeed a mental illness , you don’t seem to understand that by answering this simple question I’m within the theme , you most certainly are not as your piece on Freud clearly demonstrates, is that why you’re trolling ?"

Prove your Theory, that belief in God, is a mental illness?

Because Freud didn't prove anything, being that he ran his mouth to create his opinion, and perception, based on the rationale of his own brain, and provided zero evidence to support his mindset.

Epicurus did the same thing.

"And I’ve said yes repeatedly it is indeed a mental illness,"

"you don’t seem to understand that by answering this simple question I’m within the theme,

"you most certainly are not as your piece on Freud clearly demonstrates, is that why you’re trolling?"

@Dee

So you're saying that by sharing the information about Sigmund Freud, demonstrates that I'm trolling, according to you?

Please explain, how you view that as trolling?

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @TKDB

***** You're obsessed with Me, or anyone else debating YOU, and NOT the theme of any forum

Don't be so stupd , I was asked a question I answered it you cannot handle the answer I gave so you cry .....again 

**** Prove your Theory, that belief in God, is a mental illness?

I already have , you’ve zero proof for your god you believe in a fiction 

****Because Freud didn't prove anything, being that he ran his mouth to create his opinion, and perception, based on the rationale of his own brain, and provided zero evidence to support his mindset.

And that’s relevant how? 

****Epicurus did the same thing.

Did he?

****/So you're saying that by sharing the information about Sigmund Freud, demonstrates that I'm trolling, according to you?

Please explain, how you view that as trolling?

Because the theme asks a very specific question which I’ve answered but you as usual cannot which is why you’re still trolling 

Blastcat
    @Dee

Some research work in regards to the (Original Atheist) Epicurus:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epicurus

"For Epicurus, the purpose of philosophy was to help people attain a happy, tranquil life characterized by ataraxia (peace and freedom from fear) and aponia (the absence of pain). He advocated that people were best able to pursue philosophy by living a self-sufficient life surrounded by friends. He taught that the root of all human neurosis is death denial and the tendency for human beings to assume that death will be horrific and painful, which he claimed causes unnecessary anxiety, selfish self-protective behaviors, and hypocrisy. According to Epicurus, death is the end of both the body and the soul and therefore should not be feared. Epicurus taught that although the gods exist, they have no involvement in human affairs. He taught that people should behave ethically not because the gods punish or reward people for their actions, but because amoral behavior will burden them with guilt and prevent them from attaining ataraxia."

"Like Aristotle, Epicurus was an empiricist, meaning he believed that the senses are the only reliable source of knowledge about the world. He derived much of his physics and cosmology from the earlier philosopher Democritus (c. 460–c. 370 BC). Like Democritus, Epicurus taught that the universe is infinite and eternal and that all matter is made up of extremely tiny, invisible particles known as atoms. All occurrences in the natural world are ultimately the result of atoms moving and interacting in empty space. Epicurus deviated from Democritus in his teaching of atomic "swerve", which holds that atoms may deviate from their expected course, thus permitting humans to possess free will in an otherwise deterministic universe."

"Though popular, Epicurean teachings were controversial from the beginning. Epicureanism reached the height of its popularity during the late years of the Roman Republic. It died out in late antiquity, subject to hostility from early Christianity. Throughout the Middle Ages Epicurus was popularly, though inaccurately, remembered as a patron of drunkards, whoremongers, and gluttons. His teachings gradually became more widely known in the fifteenth century with the rediscovery of important texts, but his ideas did not become acceptable until the seventeenth century, when the French Catholic priest Pierre Gassendi revived a modified version of them, which was promoted by other writers, including Walter Charleton and Robert Boyle. His influence grew considerably during and after the Enlightenment, profoundly impacting the ideas of major thinkers, including John LockeThomas JeffersonJeremy Bentham, and Karl Marx. "

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

What you’re talking about is beyond me are you on medication?
    Blastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

"@TKDB

What you’re talking about is beyond me are you on medication?"

Does your response have anything to do with the theme of the forum?

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

** *Does your response have anything to do with the theme of the forum?

Does your response have anything to do with the theme of the forum?
    Blastcat
    @Dee

"You poor man you’re unwell ,you suffer from a delusion ......"

"Evidence ? Do you not read what I stated you and others believe in a supernatural entity you’s have never seen , heard or touched you’s are delusional"

"He does yes"

"She does yes"

****If you believe that they suffer from mental illness, then where is your PUBLISHED news stories, that allude to their mental illnesses?  

"What do I need them for? You and others believe in a supernatural entity you’s have never seen , heard or touched .....you’s are delusional."

"You asked me were they delusional  I proved they were."

"He does yes"

******Did the Pope give your permission to speak on this website, on his behalf?

"I'm not speaking on his behalf you clot"

"She does yes."

******Did the Queen herself give you permission to speak on this website, on her behalf?

"I'm not speaking on her behalf you clot"

*****Being that they are Global household names?

"So what , they are delusional, so are you."

"What you’re talking about is beyond me are you on medication?"

@TKDB

** *Does your response have anything to do with the theme of the forum?

"Does your response have anything to do with the theme of the forum?"

You've been .

And no, a belief in God isn't a mental illness, and so far you haven't proved that it is a mental illness.

For two reasons, neither the Pope, nor the Queen of England are living in a Sanitarium, because of their beliefs in God.

And I'm wondering, if you can provide any evidence, as to why they aren't in a Sanitarium, because you claim, that they a suffering from a mental illness in regards to God?

Where is your proof? 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

**** You've been .

So have you for trolling 

****And no, a belief in God isn't a mental illness, and so far you haven't proved that it is a mental illness.

And yes it is , it’s a delusion 

****For two reasons, neither the Pope, nor the Queen of England are living in a Sanitarium, because of their beliefs in God.

Right so you’re not mentally ill if you’re not in a sanitarium?

***And I'm wondering, if you can provide any evidence, as to why they aren't in a Sanitarium, because you claim, that they a suffering from a mental illness in regards to God?

Because even though they are delusional they’re pretty harmless 

****Where is your proof? 

You and they believe in a supernatural entity that cannot be seen , heard or touched you’s are delusional 
    Blastcat