frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Is it a choice to ruin other living beings choices just to fill your stomach?

13»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    we did not evolve to eat meat, we learned the behavior from watching other animals and probably out of necessity. we became scavengers. biologically we are not designed to eat meat. look at our digestive system compared to other animals. ours is long and narrow, designed for plant material. physically we are not designed for eating meat. assuming that we could catch something so simple as a rabbit in :flight: we kill it by breaking its neck or bashing against a rock; not by  ripping its throat out with our teeth. even mentally we are not designed for meat. we do not see a cow in the field and think about running over and start eating the live animal raw. if we evolved to eat meat, we would think, act, and have a different digestive system. we did not evolve to eat meat, we learned it
  • RS_masterRS_master 400 Pts   -  
    @maxx if our most recent ancestors were omnivores then it sounds pretty logical that we are omnivores too.
  • JGXdebatePROJGXdebatePRO 408 Pts   -  
    "Omnivores" Don't eat meat because they want to, they eat meat because they have to. Modern humans take animal slaughter lightly.
    “The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.” – Marcus Aurelius
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    well, i will tell you what. next time you see a cow in a field; do you have a instinctive desire to chase it down and rip it apart with your teeth like carnivores do? read what i wrote. we learned to eat meat, not evolved.  almost all biologists will tell you that and show you proof. do you not understand the difference between a carnivores digestive system and a plant eaters? have you not even had biology 101 yet? we became omnivores through a learning behavior by scavinging, not by an evolutionary design!! i now hand you a live mouse.  if we evolved to and are designed to be meat eaters; then guess what? you would gladly put it into your mouth and chew it up.  you would not do that because we are not evolutionary  designed to be meat eaters. but an apple/?  take your pick, the apple or the live mouse. now tell me which are we designed for? come on , answer please. i hand you an apple and a live mouse.  answer. @RS_master
    @maxx When I see sheep I do feel like eating it cooked.
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    yeah,  like now u are saying we evolved to eat cooked meat. if we are meat eaters, go ahead and eagt a live mouse, or the cat, or dog,    dont be @maxx
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    yeah,  like now u are saying we evolved to eat cooked meat. if we are meat eaters, go ahead and eagt a live mouse, or the cat, or dog,    dont be @maxx
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    yeah,  like now u are saying we evolved to eat cooked meat. if we are meat eaters, go ahead and eagt a live mouse, or the cat, or dog,    dont be @maxx @RS_master
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1715 Pts   -  
    @RS_master

being at the top of the food chain does not give people the "choice" to imprison and mass slaughter animals. nothing on this scale is present in the animal kingdom.
    Uh... yeah it does. In case you haven't noticed, we're the dominant species on this planet.
    maxx said:
    again, you can get omega 3 through nuts and seeds and we can get plenty of plant protein just by eating more plant material. I do not see what your issue is aside from taste; meat is not healthy for humans, cancer causing carcinogens, heart problems, colon and kidney problems, obesity and diabetics are just of the few problems we get by long term consumtion of meat in which we do not get  from a veggie diet. how can you refute this aside from" well meat tastes good@RS_master
    A vegetarian diet may be healthy, but even healthier is a diet including a moderate amount of red meat (1-2 times a week) and a large amount of fish (4+ times a week). Fish is very healthy and is one of many brain foods. So, I have rebutted the health point. Now, the tasting good point. I do not understand how you could possibly deny that meat tastes good. Humans evolved to eat meat, so our DNA has adapted so meat tastes good. If meat tastes good, we seek more of it. If we find more, we will eat more and that is good for us. Meat tasting good is direct proof that we evolved to eat meat. @maxx
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    https://hippocratesinst.org/cooked-food-whats-in-it  read this once again.  as well your claim we evolved to eat mean is wrong.  we learned to eat meat.  go ask a biolgist.  our bodies are not designed to digest it.  meat is also one of the leading causes of health disease, blocked arteries, colon cancer, obesity and diabetes. fish is only considered brain food because of the amount of protein and omegas in it, which we can get through plant matter. if you want to have such health problems, have at it. sure it tastes good; for one used to it. for one who never ate meat before, would more-than-likely find the taste revolting.  https://www.npr.org/sections/13.7/2016/05/19/478645426/humans-are-meathooked-but-not-designed-for-meat-eating
    @maxx we can choose. There is the freedom of choice.
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    i agree.  im just stating it is not a healthy as you think.  we juist are not really designed for it.  we leaned it by watching other animals and by necessity when plants and fruits were scarce@RS_master
    maxx said:
    i agree.  im just stating it is not a healthy as you think.  we juist are not really designed for it.  we leaned it by watching other animals and by necessity when plants and fruits were scarce@RS_master
    We evolved to eat meat like this. Eating meat is an evolutionary advantage as those who eat it will be stronger and fitter. If a human’s DNA mutates so that they find meat tasty, they will seek eat more meat, and as a result be stronger and fitter. These individuals will have better reproductive success (as they are stronger and fitter and have an advantage) and so their meat loving genes will be passed on to their children. Therefore, meat tasting good is direct proof that we evolved to eat it.
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    o talk to a biologist.  if we evolved to eat meat then our digestive tract would not be designed to assimilate plant matter.  out teeth would be much shatper so we could tear  through tough animal hide. i think you are confusing dna and genes anyway. your logic is silly; it is based on how well meat tastes to you. cigarettes taste good to many people;  do you think we evolved to smoke them? that's a learn behavior. our lungs are not designed for it.  alchohol?  out liver is not designed for it.  a learned behavior.  meat?  a learned behavior.  show me how our bodies are designed to eat meat. show me a science site, biology prefered, that how we are internally designed for it.  again; get a good biology book at least and read it
    @xlJ_dolphin_473