frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Was the death toll of the holocaust exaggerated?

Debate Information

I'm giving a chance for all the holocaust deniers to make there case. Lets see if it stands up to devastating scrutiny. 
  1. Live Poll

Was the death toll of the holocaust exaggerated?

6 votes
    1. Yes. It's a Jewish conspiracy.
        0.00%
    2. No. There is documented proof.
      100.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5969 Pts   -  
    The options you are offering do not exhaust all the possibilities. It is possible for the Holocaust death toll to be exaggerated, but not as a result of a Jewish conspiracy.

You are also asking Holocaust deniers this question, that do not agree with the premise that Holocaust happened in the first place; what answers can you expect from them?

Finally, the death toll is likely exaggerated by some people and not exaggerated by others. Which death toll exactly are you referring to? The 6 million one? Various estimates I have seen range from 1 million to 15 million, and the true number is likely somewhere in the middle; the popular 6 million figure seems to be a decent guess. A lot of it depends on what exactly to include in it: genocide of a particular ethnic group usually coincides with other human right abuses (as was the case in the Reich), and it is not clear where exactly the separation lays.

Bottom line is, you should clarify your question and address it to the proper audience for a meaningful discussion to result from it.
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

It is said that 6million Jews died in the holocaust, but 6million non-Jews also perished. The number that is thrown around most is 12million. If holocaust deniers do not believe there ever was a holocaust at all, they will be welcome to testify their message here, but they shall be forewarned, I'll be calling for concrete evidence as opposed to conjecture. As far as having a "meaningful" discussion, I fail to see why that won't happen. I'm fairly certain that if anybody here believes the holocaust is a sham, they won't feel like this thread is not geared toward them because obviously if the holocaust didn't happen, they'd feel that it was an absolute exaggeration.      
    Plaffelvohfen