frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Deer Hunting Seasons To Overcome Deer Population?

Debate Information

Several times, when I talked with friends about deer hunting pros and cons then they referred that hunting is usually open in specific seasons to control the deer population. However, I don't think its the only thing to open deer hunting. Actually, I just read this news https://www.timesonline.com/sports/20200214/whitetail-report-shows-hunters-taking-more-bucks---older-ones-too which mentions that hunters are taking more bucks especially the adult ones. I am not sure how long the Quality Deer Management Association will manage its population of quality deers.

First of all, I want to clarify that I am also a regular hunter and recently purchased new leather gun belt after reading gun belt reviews here as I am going for deer hunting to Texas in March but I am little worried that all hunters are not following the guidelines exactly or maybe it the fault of hunting associations. However, in the case of a decreasing population either it is about human or animal, we will lose quality people and animals. It's time to think about deer hunting and reconsider the hunting policies at the state level. 

Share your ideas?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
44%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    How hunting affects various animal populations is an incredibly complicated question, one that, unfortunately, most studies do not consider with the required complexity. There are so many variables in the equation...

At the first glance, you would think that hunting would necessarily cull the populations. However, there are many effects you have to consider; for example, hunters do not only kill deer, but also bears, wolves, etc., that, in turn, hunt the deer. Furthermore, hunting naturally leads to higher killing rates of limp and weak deer, while the strong deer survive and produce, in turn, stronger offspring - one could say that hunting boosts the natural selection process, increasing its efficiency. Finally, increased hunting in some periods leads to decreased hunting in other periods, even regardless of any regulations, and it is those other periods that may contribute the most to the population regrowth.

Governmental preservation policies have been notoriously hard to assess in terms of performance. So many times the government extended protection to certain species, only to see them nearly wiped out afterwards, faster than projected in the absence of the regulation.

I would say that, from the hunter's perspective, you should not be worried about these things. It is not clear if your hunting benefits or harms the overall deer population; it is quite possible that you are serving a vital function in the ecosystem, one that, for example, nearly wiped out wolves have stopped serving.
  • @MayCaesar that's good if they are hunting the weak and ill deers but in actual, usually, hunters love to target healthy deers because they roast and eat them later. Similarly, the above report is claiming that hunters are targeting the bucks in massive number which is not fair. Probably, some of them could also behind the horns.