frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Four States now require Schools to teach LGBT history!

Debate Information

http://blogs.edweek.org/teachers/teaching_now/2019/08/four_states_now_require_schools_to_teach_lgbt_history.html

Here is an exerpt  from this article...

"Starting next school year, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender history will be part of the curriculum in Illinois public schools.

Democratic Governor J. B. Pritzker signed House Bill 246 into law Aug. 9, making Illinois the fourth state to mandate teaching LGBT history, after California, New Jersey, and Colorado. The Illinois legislation takes effect in July 2020.

The law mandates that history classes in public schools "include a study of the roles and contributions of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people in the history of this country and this State." Any textbooks bought with state funding must cover "the roles and contributions" of LGBT people, and can't include content that is discriminatory to any particular gender or sexual orientation."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For any person trying to claim that parents and their children are not under a propaganda assault by this extreme LGBT political movement, then open your eyes!
Since when did our history books speak to a person's sexual preferences during a historical moment? I guess our children should be taught Paul Revere's sexual preferences during his famous ride. I wonder if General Robert E. Lee had feelings of being a woman?

Has the Left gone completely insane? 

Can you imagine this Big Brother take over of our public schools and our children's minds? These activists have the backing of the Democrat Party and using that power to change our history books in public schools!
They keep pushing this political correct hysteria under the guise of tolerance and anti discrimination, and will now use our tax payer funded public schools to indoctrinate our children to believe that these unnatrual sexual orientations are perfectly natural and something to be embraced as normal.

There are Transgenders talking to our impressionable kindergartners about issues of sexuality!!!!!!! If this does not bother you, then I can not believe it!

Can you imagine a 5 year old having any clue to what these people are talking about? A safe place is a great idea if it does not condition our impressionable children to embrace these unnatural sexual orientations. A safe place should include ALL CHILDREN who are bullied and made fun of for a myriad of reasons. Fat kids, skinny kids, Black kids, nerdy kids, Christian kids, Jehovah Witness kids, Special Need's kids, etc. etc. etc. should all be protected from bullies.

NO NEED TO PUT IDENTITY POLITICS INTO OUR SCHOOLS! Kids should be taught to love each other, and never bully another person for the way he looks or sounds.

This is your new Democrat Party that can't give a speech without pandering to LGBT activist groups. They are indoctrinating our children to embrace sexual disorders as being perfectly normal, all for votes, and millions of you will still vote for them! UNBELIEVABLE!

What's it say about people who would vote for Politicians who would force all public schools to allow boys who think they are girls into girl's sports? What happened to parent's rights? You would be screaming if a Big Federal Government were forcing your schools to teach your children the Christian salvation message. Schools should be teaching our children the basics and never used to push political or religious agendas. SPEAK OUT and vote these Big Brother politicians out of office. They are allowing LGBT activist groups to condition your child, all for money and votes!

PlaffelvohfenSkepticalOnesmoothieBlastcat

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @We_are_accountable

You get it right?

The mindset of some of the LGBTQ community is being shoved down kids throats these day's.

Some of the lawmakers know what they are doing, they're pandering to the LGBTQ voters.

"Four States now require Schools to teach LGBT history!"

The LGBTQ community is teaching kids, at a young age in how not to discriminate against the LGBTQ community itself, by teaching them at a vulnerable young age about the LGBTQ community mindset?

Because the Gay Pride Parade apparently doesn't teach those same vulnerable youngsters about the LGBTQ community enough apparently?

How many TV shows today, don't already have men kissing men, or women kissing women?

(Look at what some of the current TV shows are educating kids, through the screen plays of their own TV shows?)

Because apparently there's no such thing as LGBTQ oriented discrimination not being enacted upon other individuals, from the LGBTQ community itself?

The story about a Drag Queen teaching kids in a class about the LGBTQ community?

It's a LGBTQ community power play, plain and simple. 
    PlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountable
  • @TKDB

Yes, Hollywood has also taken it upon themselves to indoctrinate our children to embrace  unnatural sexual orientations. How many entertainment shows like The Voice and others, cheerlead a singers sexual orientation?

No one cares what sexual orientation each singler might have. It's a singing competition, not some Big Brother indoctrination of viewers, especially children.
    TKDBPlaffelvohfen
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    I don't see a problem here. It is a huge part of US history due to all the backlash it has gotten from the immoral evangelicals who want to suppress it. Ironically, it would not need to be taught if it wasn't made into a big deal by the madness of intolerant conservatives.

This makes more sense than teaching creation in schools anyways.
    PlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountableSkepticalOneCYDdhartaJustAnAllMightFan
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • @Happy_Killbot

Finally you admit your extreme Big Brother indoctrination of our impressionable children in pubic schools. People like you are TRULY SCARY and the very type of person our Constitution speaks of when talking about the dangers of Theocracies or Secularocracies.

People like you who constantly insult Christians, as you just did once more, would be screaming if Christians were pushing their agendas into public schools. It's truly sickening your double standards and hypocrisy.

You just labled all Evangelicals as being immoral and all Conservatives as being intolerant. Talk about judgemental steriotyping. Lucky for you I am not the Big Brother thought police on this site who would have you banned for your personal insults.
    @We_are_accountable What are you going to do when one of your own children comes out as homosexual?

That's what this is really about isn't it?

You are afraid one of your own will betray you, because you are unwilling to accept them for who they are.

If you truly believe you are not intolerant and Christians are not immoral, maybe you should think twice before giving them a bad name.
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

@We_are_accountable

P.S. The US is a secular nation whether you like it or not.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    Honestly, history is one of those topics that in public schools you should just skip, doing barely enough to get an A and not taking the actual material seriously. It is always heavily politicized, and you are always better off reading an independent book written by a historian for general audience, than those ugly school handbooks approved by the government.

I went to school in post-Soviet Russia... The general narrative there was, "Russia is always right, has only waged defensive war, all the genocides and other mass murders were justified, all the famines were either made up or induced by the evil Westerners, and America has always plotted against us in order to steal our resources". I laughed at this and read those books selectively, picking up facts and mostly ignoring the interpretations.

I would rather have "LGBT history" and other innocent fluff, than justifications of genocides and famines - but, at the end of the day, history is just not the kind of a subject meant to be studied at school.
    Happy_KillbotBlastcat
    @MayCaesar The history you were feed almost definitely came through a heavily biased lens, but that does not automatically mean that learning history has no value or should not be taught it schools.

History can teach you important lessons about the present. It can be of vital importance to see the trends and make the appropriate changes if necessary.

Teaching history can build a sense of community and social identity around a shared ancestry, upbringing, or struggle. It is no coincidence that so many people buy into ancestry programs and obsess over genealogy and archaeology. These things are important for people to forge a new path forward.

Contrary to what they hype and proselytizing of both companies and politicians, almost nothing exists that hasn't been tried before, and very few decisions are original. With a knowledge of history, one can make better decisions in the future, the same way that you don't need to learn every time that touching a fire is painful because you have already experienced the pain. There can be no learning without reverence to the past, nor can there be predictions for the future without analysis of history.

@Happy_Killbot

I am not sure what in my post made you assume that I question importance of knowing history. Knowing history is essential for many things, including finding your place on this planet. What I was talking about is that history at public schools is useless, regardless of how it is taught, given how public schools operate and what incentives they are subjected to.
    Blastcat
    @MayCaesar That doesn't make any sense though, If you understand the importance of history, wouldn't it be easier to reform rather than remove?

Public schools aren't going anywhere, and I don't think that eliminating or ignoring history as part of public education is going to fix the problem. Kids should still receive that as part of their curriculum if indeed it does have value.
    We_are_accountable

@Happy_Killbot

I was talking from the kid's and his/her parents' perspective of how I would approach history taught at school. I do not know if it should be removed or reformed, or if reforming it is even possible.

My approach to school, university, etc. is: do the minimum you need to get an A, and take advanced classes and do independent study on the subjects that interest you and that will be useful in your projected career, if you have one. But it is especially true when it comes to highly politicized fields, such as history or economics. Those not only are generally useless as taught at schools, but may actually have a negative effect on you if you take them too seriously and do not distinguish propaganda from valid scientific reasoning.
    Blastcat
  • It should be treated as the civil rights movement, as they are similar in the fact that they were large groups of people fighting for their rights
    PlaffelvohfensmoothieJustAnAllMightFan
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @AmericanFurryBoy

I agree, LGBTQ+ history is part of the larger Civil rights movement history and should be treated as such... High school history classes should obviously include a chapter on this, but not make it a cursus of its own until much later in college or university, for those who care to go deeper on the subject... 
    AmericanFurryBoysmoothieZeusAres42
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
    @MayCaesar Maybe we should back up a little and ask if it is even possible to get an unbiased look at history at all. Even if we read works by independent historians or directly works from people of that times, we would still be open to bias of the individual or of the originating society.

On the grand scale of things, how can any one set of ideas of biases be held false or dangerous if those same biases are needed to determine what should and should not be accepted?

@Happy_Killbot

I do not think it is possible to get a completely unbiased take on history, nor would it necessarily be desirable: interpretations do matter a lot. However, studying history on your own or under supervision of professors interested in recruiting you to their field is definitely going to give you much more room for interpreting history in a way that suits you, than studying it as a part of a high school course.

I realize that the version of history I received at school was highly biased, but, from what I have seen, history taught at other countries is not much better. In Japan they refrain from talking about the Japanese crimes in Asia in 30-s; in the US they glorify the Union and vilify the Confederation in a very one-sided way; in the UK they barely talk about the former colonies... For a variety of reasons, history at schools always embellishes history in favor of the current system. I prefer to get a raw outlook on history, talking about both the good and the bad, with no regard to how it makes anyone look.

For your last question, I do not have a good answer. The first thing one can do, I suppose, is to make sure that these biases are consistent: for example, if the author obviously sets different standards for different sides of some conflict (quite common in all kinds of "nirvana fallacies", where one side is criticized for every flaw, and the other side is forgiven based on impossibility of perfection), then one can correct for that and get a slightly more impartial outlook on history. A completely impartial outlook might be impossible, but any bias, in principle, can be accounted for.

I *think* that my outlook on history is fairly impartial, first and foremost because I never take any sides and do not have allegiance with any system or nation. I can look at the US and, say, Thailand, and the exact same emotions arise in me; the fact that I live in the US, or that I used to live in Russia, or that I am absolutely in love with the Korean and Japanese cultures, does not affect my vision of history in any obvious ways.
    But, of course, biases have that property that the one having them is the blindest to them. It is important to be grounded and realize that biases are present in everyone. Claiming that you do not have any bias in a given matter is the first sign that you do!
    Blastcat
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    @We_are_accountable

The only reason that merely acknowledging the existence of LGBT+ people equates to "a propaganda assault by this extreme LGBT political movement" is if you are a bigot. Fundamentally you are against LGBT people.

Racism. Misogyny. Religious intolerance. Homophobia. Transphobia. It's all just different forms of bigotry and your hatred of the LGBT community has no place in a jut and equal society.
    PlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountableCYDdhartaBlastcat
  • @Happy_Killbot

Again you steriotype me and say I would not love my child were he Gay. Can you post a remark without contant insults?

The only people I am giving a bad name are the political activist LGBT groups forcing their beliefs onto our impressionable children. You REFUSE to stick to the entire point of every one of my debates.

You do what most Leftwing politicians do. You demonize Conservatives and Christians by distorting their positions on most issues.

For the last time, I have no problem with Gay people, UNTIL they start trying to indoctrinate our children to belive it is natural and normal. It will never be. I took the Science of Biology. I understand the natural design of our bodies, and the natural relationship between a man and woman.
    Plaffelvohfen
  • @Happy_Killbot

America can not force a religion, and can not force the erradication of religion. We have freedoms in this nation, and no Big brother Federal Government can allow activist LGBT to change our history books!
    Plaffelvohfen
  • @Happy_Killbot

The Leftwing Teachers unions are fine with eliminating the importance of the history of our Christian heritage. This is what Maysaesar is talking about. When a Secular Government creates our history books, they try to leave out the importance of our Christian heritage. People like you would be the first one to distort the importance of our Christian heritage, but you would be the first to embrace anything going against it.

This is why political activists should NEVER be writing the history books and what our children are indoctrinated to believe.
    Plaffelvohfen
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @We_are_accountable
    You do what most Leftwing politicians do. You demonize Conservatives and Christians by distorting their positions on most issues.

Typical projection of one's own failings onto others...

We_are_accountable
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
    @We_are_accountable Has it occurred to you that some may find your post insulting?

You can not claim the moral high ground here, in any way when you openly admit to attacking others and have openly attacked me before and even in this post, and frankly, I have yet to interact with a single Christian on the internet who will not do the same if I challenge their ideas.

The lack of humility and denial of science for political reasons is the type of thing that I will never allow, I don't care who it is coming from if science takes a back seat to politics, religion, or personal agenda, I'm going to speak up. People can have their opinions, but not their own facts. Putting your feelings first and the facts second is the kind of thing I will oppose to the grave.

The fact is, that homosexuality exists in nature, it is as natural as beaver spit, sunspots and extinct dinosaurs. You repeat that "You know what is natural" But do you?

No. No you don't. The evidence is stacked high against your claims. There have been multiple corrections to your false knowledge not only by myself but by others. Simply denying it doesn't make it any less true.

LGBTQ history is now a part of US history, you are just going to have to get used to that fact because it isn't about to change. Teaching it in schools is only a logical extension of this reality. Some people don't like the fact that slaves were freed after the Civil war. Does that mean we shouldn't teach that it happened because your feelings are getting in the way of the facts?

I don't think anyone would argue for that, but here you are doing substantially the same thing.
    We_are_accountablesmoothieJustAnAllMightFan

@We_are_accountable No one is trying to eradicate religion, it is dying due to it's own incompetence.

Christians flail and scream that they are being persecuted, meanwhile hating homosexuals and declaring everyone who isn't a christian is dirty with "sin" or an agent of Satan, and just in general holding back progress and killing free thought.

These kinds of things don't fly in a world where all of humanities knowledge is a few clicks away.

The best part about watching religion die?

I don't even have to do anything for it to be all but guaranteed.
    We_are_accountablePlaffelvohfen

@We_are_accountable Christian heritage wasn't as important as you think it was. In fact, in a lot of situations (such as opposing gay rights) it has been a major road block in the path to an objectively superior society.

There was a time when contraceptives, automated looms, stem cell research, and abolition were actively opposed on religious grounds. To this day there are still many things which religion is doing nothing to help or is actively opposing.

Climate change is a prime example, the church is doing little to nothing to be "stewards of the earth" and to take care of it properly. If anything, they should be driving the change for this reason specifically.

You should be more worried about your children's future because of climate change not because of "LGBTQ indoctrination".

• VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    History is written by the Victor.  There is no such thing as unbiased historical accounts of anything...which is why I'm in agreement with @MayCaesar, you'd be better off just not having a history class in public school.  Understanding History requires that you be able to temper your personal views with the acceptance of what has already happened, resisting the urge to cast your personal opinions that are influenced by today's society onto a society that existed ages ago.  I wouldn't put those standards on even the brightest and most mature of teenagers.  

It's amusing to see tempers flare over these issues when the simple fact is that what we're seeing today is the result of people.  Somewhere along the line our people began to forget that nothing can happen without action or inaction and both require Human involvement.  Sure, blame the Government...who happen to be a collective of people who were voted into office by other people.  Truly if you wanted to start an effective rant against someone or some organization then you'd be better off ranting against yourself and people like you who complain but yet have no meaningful contributions to show for their time on this Earth.  There was a time when people didn't get on facebook and whine when they were outraged by current events, when people refused to gossip in idle when real problems needed real solutions...and that time is mostly gone for we are a Nation of hundreds of millions yet the leaders of today are fewer than the leaders of our past when the population was tiny in comparison.  Who's to blame?  Who is responsible?  We are, all of us.  Yes there are those who are more accountable for what has happened but ultimately they did not slaughter their way into power...we put them there and we continued to do nothing when they turned everything upside down on us...so we are JUST as guilty and JUST as accountable.  Who's worse, the serial rapist or the person who witnesses the act every day and does nothing but post on facebook how rape is "Soooo bad".
    We_are_accountable
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

@Vaulk While I would certainly agree that history is often biased, by those presenting the lesson, those receiving the lesson, and those writing it, I don't see this as a strong argument to outright eliminate history altogether.

Even a biased history still has merit so long as it is kept reasonably accurate, and while bias degrades the value I don't think it can ever completely nullify it or cause damage. If you visit North Korea you will be told their side of the story, as they saw things and remember them, which is blatantly in contrast to what we remember and have recorded. While it might be easy for us to call them liars and their authoritarian regime is undeniably corrupt, it would be just as easy for them to do the same. After all, if history is written by the victors then the DPRK has the final say in what happened during the Vietnam war. Their works however unite them as a people and maintain their heritage strong. Even if it is entirely false their is still pragmatic value.

Does this mean that the US shouldn't talk about what happened there in our public schools? The humiliating stalemate that is by technicality continuing to this day? Absolutely not, because even in defeat their is value and knowledge to be gained. We owe it to our veterans and ancestors to remember their struggles regardless of their victory or defeat. The struggles of the LGBTQ movement are no exception. This is a story of a people fighting for equal rights and recognition not because of where they were born or what they looked like but because of who they were and what they are.Even if you don't agree with the outcome or the politics surrounding it, it is hard to deny that the story is still one to be celebrated, and even taught to high school students. 

• @AmericanFurryBoy

This is not what LGBT activists are trying to do. Yes, it would be considered a history subject if it just had to do with a group of people fighting for non discrimination laws.

What they are actually doing is forcing every school to teach about historical Gay and Transgender figures. They are spending every waking second trying to indoctrinate our children into believing that all these LGBTQ sexual orientations, and whatever future group they add to this alphabet, are natural and normal.

Where do they get off teaching your's and my children about what THEY deem to be normal sex? We have the science of Biology teaching our children the natural design of our bodies, and we need no other radical Political correct groups changing our Science and history books.

Please take a stand and speak out against this Big Brother Political correct extremism. I will never vote for these extremists in the Democrat Party.
    AmericanFurryBoy
  • @Ampersand

You're distortion of me and my debates have no place on a debate site!

I have made it clear many times that I have nothing against any LGBT people who do not try to indoctrinate our children into believing a distortion of Science. The arrogance of people like you to have such disrespect for parents, who do not agree with you, and your belief that LGBT sexual orientations are natural and normal.

You have embraced a very small segment of our population, and forcing your beliefs on the majority against our will. We all pay taxes to public schools, and have a right to a good education for our children, one that teaches them the basics of math, english, science, and one not wasting their time with unnatural sexual orientations.  Children are very impressionable and should be taught the natural Biological Scientific norms of how our body's design.
  • @Happy_Killbot

Newsflash, Christianity is a HUGE part of our history while the Left does it's best to censor it from our history books. Start dealing with the bigotry and discrimination from the Left towards Christians and their history! Our Christian heritage has been a huge part of American history and the Left does everything to try and deny it.

IGNORE
    Plaffelvohfen
    @We_are_accountable Stop calling me "the left" you wouldn't be saying that if you knew anything about me.

Christian Heritage is rather minuscule in the grand scheme of things, no US values came from Christianity that can not be found elsewhere.

The nation is secular, and it always has been as embodied in the FIRST AMENDMENT:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

• @Vaulk

I agree, and the reason I try to bring in the accountability of the people who elect these extreme politicians into office.

A person can not elect a Party, that seldom gives a speech without pandering to their LGBT political base, and not understanding that he is responsible for our Hisotry books being distorted with Big Brother Political correctness.

An intelligent person can not claim to be against aborting viable babies, and then electing those who vow to keep it legal.

That does not add up and only shows their phoniness on the issues.
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    This is what happens when a Nation, that has been blessed and set-apart by God, is given-over to Satan by God's Wrath for disobedience. God's wrath has been stirring toward America subsequent to the late 1950's - early 1960's as America rejected Jesus Christ in public school and initiated the brainwashing of America's children with the insanity and demonism of Darwinism. There has never been a more efficient progenitor of demonic atheism than the forced infusion of Darwin's idiocy into the American classrooms beginning in 1963...one year subsequent to the removal of Jesus Christ from the classroom via Engel v. Vitale (1962).  Then, the affirming of unconstitutional Roe v. Wade (1973) sealed God wrath upon America with the shedding of innocent blood involving 61-million American babies to date.

Unencumbered sexual perversion i.e. LGBTQ, a mental illness that destroys mind, body, soul, of the participant, is a tell-tale sign of God's wrath upon a people where this perversion is celebrated openly. God warned the Nation of Israel (Deuteronomy 28) that if they lived in disobedience to His edicts...just as God has warned America...one of the most horrific curses that would follow disobedience was the loss of a Nation's children to the enemy of our soul.

"Your sons and your daughters shall be given to another people, and your eyes shall look and fail with longing for them all day long; and there shall be [i]no strength in your hand."  Deuteronomy 28:32 (NKJV)

Teaching our children the ways of LGBTQ is teaching our children the ways of death, confusion, hopelessness, perversion, rebellion, defilement, nastiness, vulgarity, immorality, and woe to those who advocate this defilement and woe to those who teach children to live a life of debauchery and rebellion to God's Covenants. Anyone who advocates for or teaches children to sin against God is unconscionably evil and will suffer a greater wrath in Judgment and Hell.

Happy_KillbotBlastcat
    @We_are_accountable

You "have nothing against any LGBT people" as long as you can erase their existence from society to the extent that they aren't even acknowledged as existing.

Try going through your argument again but replacing LGBT with any other minority group - perhaps that will wake you up to the bigotry of your constant attacks on LGBT people. 
    We_are_accountablePlaffelvohfensmoothieJustAnAllMightFanBlastcat
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1712 Pts   -  
    While I don't think that LGBT history should be excluded from history, I don't think it should be over-represented.
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1712 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD
    No, this is what happens when we become a more diverse and accepting society.
    We_are_accountablesmoothie
  • @Ampersand

LOL, do you EVER listen to your own words and think about what you support?

People on the Left and in the Demcrat Party are keeping it legal to erradicate Special Need's children from our world. They want to keep it legal to abort viable Downs Syndrome (Special Olympic children)  merely for their diversity. If Big Brother Left deems a baby to be less intelligent then the Collective, then it is ok to abort the baby?

I will paste your own words, and replace LGBT with Special Needs...

You say...

"You "have nothing against any Special Needs people" as long as you can erase their existence from society to the extent that they aren't even acknowledged as existing.

Try going through your argument again but replacing LGBT with any other minority group - perhaps that will wake you up to the bigotry of your constant attacks on LGBT people."

I JUST DID REPLACE THEM WITH ANOTHER GROUP! The sick hypocrisy of all this is that Bigots on the Left actually do support aborting Special Need's babies, for merely being different and diverse. I would never support such inhumanity against LGBT people. I love all people inclding LGBT people. It's when the activists come into our public schools to indoctrinate our children, when I speak out!

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/08/down-syndrome-iceland-cbs-news-disturbing-report/
    AmpersandPlaffelvohfen
    @We_are_accountable

Your claims don't match you statements. In fact while you try and claim you are only against "indoctrination", in fact you call any type of representation "indoctrination" as you have in the very opening of this debate where he mere recognition of the factual existence of historical gay people is "indoctrination".

You're much like a racist who claims they aren't racist, just against black people when they get to "uppity", then trying to label any instance of black people asking for equality as being "uppity".

Also feel free to link to any post where I support eradicating people with special needs? Oh, what's that you say? You can't? Because your retort is just a tantrum to distract from your own bigotry? Well what a shocker!
    PlaffelvohfenBlastcat
  • DDAN15DDAN15 16 Pts   -  
    I'm sorry I don't care that a man wanted to have relations with a man in the past it's normalized now this should be an elective course not required there are more important parts to the history I'm sorry.
  • DDAN15DDAN15 16 Pts   -  
    Also, there shouldn't be a course to teach how to treat people from the LGBTQ+ community they shouldn't be treated power or more special everyone is a human so that shouldn't be a required course. You see no one deserves to be treated specially based on their feelings for the gender they are attracted to.
    We_are_accountable
    @DDAN15

I fail to see how educating kids about various gender identifications and orientations implies special treatment. Does this apply to heterosexuality too? For example, when kids are explained in a biology course how conception in humans occurs, does this imply special treatment of heterosexual people? 

It is a very strange phenomenon this days, when virtually any reference to sexual minorities is perceived as special treatment. Some video game has a lesbian character in it, and everyone flips out, while the same game has a hundred heterosexual characters as well and nobody bats an eye. People are so stuck up on these things...
    PlaffelvohfensmoothieBlastcat
  • @DDAN15

Exactly, and no group deserves special mention in our public schools! All people should be treated with respect and no need of cheer leading activist groups. The Democrat Party can not give a speech without pandering to their LGBT political base.

When we see entertainment shows going out of their way to embrace some person's sexual orientation, we are watching a political indocrination of our young people. We don't need to know a person's sexual orientation, and we certainly do not need to be lifting up controversial unnatural sexual orientations to our children. As much as people want to normalize unnatural sexual orientations, our children should be protected from this outright political correct programming.

Tolerance for diversity is great when it is generic and speaking about ALL people. No special identities required.
    DDAN15Plaffelvohfen
    @We_are_accountable

Yet we do know some people's sexual orientations from the context. When we see a male-female couple on TV, we know that both of them, at least, are partially heterosexual. Similarly, when we see a female-female couple on TV, we know that both of them, at least, are partially homosexual. From the point of what we know and what we do not know the two situations are exactly the same, yet the latter one upsets you, while the former one does not. Why?

It seems to me that, under the guise of "not caring about people's sexualities", you actually only do not care about people's sexuality when it comes to heterosexualism. Homosexualism you do care about. Which is perfectly fine, but you should be forgoing with it, not hiding behind fancy words.

Perhaps the commercial you complained about before actually was not an "LGBT commercial", but was just a commercial featuring a couple that happened to be an LGBT couple. Have you considered this distinction?

I was friends with a lesbian couple back in 2010 for a while. It was clear that it was a lesbian couple - they were pretty open with regards to displaying affection in public - yet they were not promoting anything. They were just in love, and that was it. Would you have a problem with, say, staying in line at a grocery store with your kid, behind them? If yes, then why? If no, then how does that tie up to your complaints?
    PlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountablesmoothieBlastcat
  • @MayCaesar

Here lies the crux of the issue of Homosexuality. It's not normal no matter how many times you deny the Science of Biology. You are 100% wrong about Homosexuality being a natural normal sexual orientation!

Now that we got that out of the way, we can get down to the reasons why parents do not want our children watching Gay couples kissing in public places. Many people do not even like seeing Heterosexuals passionately kissing in public. It's rude, but I digress.

We as loving parents do not want abnormal sexual behavior to be flaunted in front of our children. You ask why? It's obvious! We want our children growing up learning the natural normal Biological design of our bodies. Why would any loving parent want their children experimenting with Gay sex? You do understand that Bisexuals experiment all the time and have no problem swapping sides whenever it suits them?

Most parents do not want their impressionable children being influenced by unnatural lifestyles. It amazes me how you do not get it! TRULY IT AMAZES ME!

I would think you would possess the common sense to understand that not all people climb on board this LGBT train just because a bunch of Progressives have denied Science. We don't agree with you! What kind of arrogance does it take to flaunt controversial sexual orientations in front of impressionable children, when their parents are trying to teach them the natural design of a man and woman? The arrogance and disrespect is truly sickening.

How would you like your kids watching an adult passionately kissing a child (if were now embraced and legal to do so)? If it were legal, why would you care? That is the question you are asking me. So far, this slippery slope has not added a "P" to their LBGT alphabet. But if and when it happens, and children can legally marry adults, will you simply jump on board with all this Political correct hysteria, or will you try to protect your children from this blatant indoctrination from activists?

Would you want your child marrying an adult? WHY NOT? That is what you are asking me! Can you grasp the simple common sense reason why parents want to keep activists from conditioning our children to deny our natural roles in life? If not, then please ignore me. I can't debate that type of arrogance and disrespect for other's beliefs.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @We_are_accountable

What does it matter if it is "normal" or "natural"? It does not affect anything in practical terms and is just a matter of classification, subjective at that.

What exactly do you classify as an "unnatural lifestyle", and how is it bad for the child in any way? Regardless, as a parent you can have any opinion you want, but you do not get to dictate what others say or do. If your child goes outside your home, he/she will get to see how others live their lives, and some of what they see you will not approve of. That is something we all accept living in the real world: not everything we see we are going to approve of. That is just life.

You do not agree with me, and I do not agree with you. So what? Why should your desire to not see LGBT stuff trump my desire to let people show others whatever they want? You are not the center of the Universe, and neither am I, hence why I do not tell others what to show or not to show to me or my kids.

My hypothetical kids are free to watch whatever they want; I am not there to control their lives. As a child myself, I watched a live video of a person being punished by having their point finger chopped off by a knife, and somehow survived the experience. I do not think my children will die after watching an adult-child kissing scene.

My child marrying an adult? That is quite a leap from my child watching someone on TV doing something. I would not "want" that, but what I want or do not want is quite independent from what I would try to force on others.
    We_are_accountableBlastcat
  • @MayCaesar

You said...

"You do not agree with me, and I do not agree with you. So what? Why should your desire to not see LGBT stuff trump my desire to let people show others whatever they want? You are not the center of the Universe, and neither am I, hence why I do not tell others what to show or not to show to me or my kids."

Here's the simple obvious answer to your question...
    No one gets to act in any way they want in public. We have rules of conduct, laws,  and norms in society for the purpose of protecting our children from deviant things. It matters not what you think should be ok because the grownups in the room understand human nature ad how easily children can be influenced. 

Maybe you missed it but it is not ok for a person to walk naked down public streets. I'm sure in your new anything goes Progressive world, you would say why not? Why can't people walk naked in public places. The reason is obvious to loving parents who want to protect their children from overt sexual behavior. We were once a nation of common sense until this Progressive extremism turned common sense upside down. You have swallowed this anything goes culture and now have the arrogance to think we should all fall in line with how you view life.

I'm glad your kids are hypothetical because it takes good parents to raise a child. It takes good parents to raise up a child with moral boundaries and responsible behavior. Good parents would not allow their children to watch anything they want on TV. Why do you think we have the rating system? Most rational adults understand that children are not mature enough to see adult subject matter.

Your child marrying an adult is not a topic for another discussion. It is the crux of your question to me. If you would not want your child learning that marrying adults was a natural normal thing to do, then you would not want adults and children passionatrly kissing in front of your child. It's that simple but you refuse to get the point.

If this political correct LGBT activism legalizes adult marrying children, you shoud jump on board right? According to people like you, we must all agree with the Collective and never speak out against it. If some guy into beastiality wants to kiss his dog in front of your children, who are you to say no? Right?

God help this this nation!

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @We_are_accountable

All these norms exist only for as long as you give them power over you. Try a simple experiment: walk into a crowd and start dancing and singing out loud there. As "unacceptable" as this behavior allegedly is, not a thing will happen to you. Realizing that the society has far less power over you than you think can be very liberating. When you realize that, you will also have far more respect for other people being themselves in public, instead of conforming with the herd blindly.

I have absolutely nothing against naked people walking around. Have you never seen a nipple? You or your children will not faint over seeing a naked body on the street. There are valid reasons against it having to do with hygiene, but the whole "indecency" stuff is irrelevant.

I consider my parents to be pretty good, and they allowed me to watch anything I wanted. I could watch porn at the age of 12 with no repercussions, and I came out fine.
    Children are much smarter than you give them credit for, and your authoritarian parenting is not the only way to raise them.

No, I would love people to passionately kiss in front of my child; I do not believe in suppression of sexuality, and the more open it is, the more healthy relationship with it children will develop.

I am sorry, what? I am saying precisely the opposite to "we must all agree with the Collective": I am saying that everyone should behave however they see fit, as long as it does not infringe on the rights of others. It is you who wants to subject everyone to some standards; you are the collectivist, not me. I have no trouble with anyone believing in anything, doing anything without harming others, saying anything, denying anything, etc. I do not eve have trouble with your position, I am just partaking in these discussions because I like debating stuff.

I am not a citizen of the US, and I had all these positions long before I moved here. Do not worry: I will not limit expression of my beliefs to the US only, and you all will be affected, puny humans!
  • @MayCaesar

You say your parents did a good job raising you. Maybe they did, but them allowing you to watch porn at 12 years old was not one of their good points.

You say you came out fine, yet here you are wanting society to be an anything goes commune. If a culture actually embraced your anything goes mentality, that culture will collapse from broken families and a bankrupt Government supporting all the fatherless children.

Obviously as America has been moving in this amoral anything goes direction, our families are falling apart. Why would a father stay with his family when he has attractions to other pretty skirts in his office? He will live by your motto. He will act out on whatever desire hits him, regardless who he abandons. He will ask why he should blindly conform to the herd mentality of morality. He will live as he pleases, and children will be left in his dust.

America is over 20 TRILLION in debt playing Mommy and Daddy to all the fatherless children, and you call that a good thing. 
    @We_are_accountable

I will take libertarian parents over totalitarian ones anytime, thanks.

My mentality is not as much "anything goes" as it is "I do not give a !@#$". I have better things to do with my life than police others.

I call what a good thing again?
  • @MayCaesar

So you think it is totalitarian for a society to have standards and rules of conduct? You think people can act out in any way they want as long as it hurts no one?

So we could have dirty men walking naked in front of our children, men into Beastiality kissing animals, people making out in public, and you would call it totalitarian to say no to these things.

It's truly amazing watching this slippery slope of anything goes Progressivism playing out in our culture, and you ignoring all the harm from the break down in our families. Our children deserve a secure family, not case workers!

You say you had parents? That is great. Imagine how your life would have been being raised by case workers. This is the world we are headed towards.
    @We_are_accountable

I think you can have whatever standards you want, but when you force them on others, let alone your children, then yes, it is totalitarian. I would run away from such parents as early as I could and break all contact with them.

If people making out in public or walking around naked break your family down, then your family deserves to be broken down, as it must be built on a shaky foundation indeed. The families I am acquainted with are a bit stronger than that.

You can always go to North Korea if you are unhappy here; there families are secure. So secure, in fact, that nobody is allowed to escape them! Must be heaven for you.
    We_are_accountablesmoothieBlastcat
  • @MayCaesar

LOL, I have now read enough of your anythng goes lunacy, and will try to ignore you in the future. Any person not understanding the importance of boundaries, for the sake of our children, lives in some kind of lala land. Thankfully I can ingore people such as yourself, and not be forced to listen to you as you would have us forced to see naked people walking past our children.

IGNORE