frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

according to the bible?

Debate Information

where does it state that satan is the ruler of hell and that satan will torment those who end up there?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    The Scriptures do not say anything about Satan ruling Hell or possessing power and dominion over Hell. The Holy Spirit has clearly articulated that Satan, the Beast, the False Prophet, the fallen angles will suffer torment in Hell forever subsequent to the Judgment manifesting at the end of Messiah's Millennial Reign.

Jesus speaking in the Revelation says...

He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.  Revelation 1:17-18 (NKJV)

Jesus warned...speaking of Himself...

"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."  Matthew 10:28 (NASB)

Blastcat
  • maxxmaxx 1133 Pts   -  
    and yet if one continued with that chapter, do we not see that jesus is not here to bring peace to the world?@RickeyD
    JGXdebatePROAlofRI
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @maxx ; Jesus, in His first-Advent came to bring a sword upon the Earth as His message, the Gospel, is inherently divisive; in fact, that message was the precursor to His murder instigated by Satan, the Jews and carried-out by the Romans. It will not be until Messiah's second-Advent that Jesus-Yeshua will institute complete peace upon the Earth for 1000-years as He will bind Satan and Satan's servants in Hell during that period of time. This is part of God the Father's Plan to demonstrate the wickedness of Satan and sin and why Satan was extricated from the Kingdom and will be dealt with in finality in Hell.

33 But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father in heaven. 34 Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn ‘A man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.…  Matthew 10:33-35

JGXdebatePROBlastcat
  • JGXdebatePROJGXdebatePRO 408 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD if you're saying that Satan will be tormented in hell, who would torment him? The bible says nothing of god coming to hell, and satan is the tormentor. Also, I hardly believe " Oh, god says this, the bible says that" is an effective debate.
    Plaffelvohfen
    “The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.” – Marcus Aurelius
    @RickeyD are you seriously using a collection of myths and legends and shady, unreliable tales that is the bible to use as a source to your debates? And your most recent point is about Jesus and this is clearly unrelated to the issue of satan. 
    Plaffelvohfen
    And, rather amusingly, you referred to Jesus in the language of Jews. Surely such a righteous man as you would refrain from becoming an atheist who "burns in hell"?
    Plaffelvohfen
  • TGMasterXTGMasterX 163 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD if you're saying that Satan will be tormented in hell, who would torment him? The bible says nothing of god coming to hell, and satan is the tormentor. Also, I hardly believe " Oh, god says this, the bible says that" is an effective debate.
    I agree with you. God does not go to hell in the bible, so no one torments satan! All religious texts not a source of proof; neither are a load of myths and legends. I do not quite understand how everyone is so sure Greek gods don't exist; however, God does? Also, if the tooth fairy does not exist, or any fairy, why does God?
    [Deleted User]Plaffelvohfen
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @JGXdebatePRO ; Without Jesus Christ as your Lord to mediate your sin, you have no hope of life in God's Kingdom...this OP subject matter is one relevant to theological truth...you have no knowledge to debate this subject as you are obviously an atheist lacking knowledge in Truth.

Blastcat
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    @TGMasterX ; No one need enter Hell and infuse dominion in order for torment to exist in this realm...it is the nature of the Realm itself that exudes torment. Jesus warned repeatedly...

Blastcat
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    Today, though, it's MUCH easier for "God" to torment Satan in hell. All he has to do is send him a virus over the internet! TAKE THAT, you devil! >:)  
  • RS_masterRS_master 400 Pts   -  
    @rickeyD you keep using evidence from the bible I will flag you again if you constantly use this unreliable source.
    AlofRI