frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Look how extreme the Democrat party has become. They now support infanticide!

Debate Information

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/senate-blocks-bill-on-medical-care-for-children-born-alive-after-attempted-abortion/2019/02/25/e5d3d4d8-3924-11e9-a06c-3ec8ed509d15_story.html

For anyone to deny how extreme the Democrat Party has become on abortion, read this article. They blocked a GOP measure to protect children born alive after an attempted abortion.

How depraved can politicians be? Their radical Feminist and Pro abortion base controls their every vote on these issues. They lack any moral code that most people of humanity possess.

If you vote for these extremists, you are supporting infanticide.
Blastcat

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• @We_are_accountable

No one supports infanticide - that is a gross misrepresentation of the votes against this bill. The truth of the matter is that infanticide is already illegal, so a vote against this bill is not a vote for infanticide. Secondly, this bill is nothing more than pandering to ignorant folks who are willing to take a party narrative at face value. Thanks to laws already in place, "abortion survivors" is a nonsensical concept. The propagandists submitting this bill have little connection to honesty or facts on this matter.
    PlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountableAlofRI
    A supreme being is just like a normal being...but with sour cream and black olives.
  • @SkepticalOne

You are another fake news person denying the culpability of anyone who elects these extremists. You are trying to twist the meaning of infanticide. When a baby is born alive, it is infanticide to let the child die without trying to save his life!
    Doctors took an Oath to protect viable born lives regardless what family members or politicians want.

The Democrat Party almost unanimously voted to let the child DIE and not force the doctors to try and save it's life!

For you to try and misrepresent these facts is pathetic!
    Plaffelvohfen
  • @SkepticalOne

You are another fake news person denying the culpability of anyone who elects these extremists. You are trying to twist the meaning of infanticide. When a baby is born alive, it is infanticide to let the child die without trying to save his life!
    Doctors took an Oath to protect viable born lives regardless what family members or politicians want.

The Democrat Party almost unanimously voted to let the child DIE and not force the doctors to try and save it's life!

As you point out, doctors have taken an oath, but it's not what you say "to protect viable lives regardless what family members [...] wants". However, you are right that politicians have no place telling doctors how to treat patients. That's why this bill is unnecessary. Doctors do what is necessary, and they don't need politicians unfamiliar with medical science prescribing care. It's all propaganda and you have been made a fool.

PlaffelvohfenAlofRIWe_are_accountablesmoothie
    A supreme being is just like a normal being...but with sour cream and black olives.
  • @SkepticalOne

WOW, if it is true that Polticians will have no impact on what a doctor does for a newborn, then why do Democrats simply not support the Bil that will make it law to save the child's life? We have laws protecting your life from a doctor. We have laws saying that no one, including doctors, can purposely allow a viable life to die without trying to help. What kind of FOOL could not understad this?

It is truly sick watching people turning humanity upside down while excusing their support of these barbaric Democrats.
    Plaffelvohfen
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    @SkepticalOne

You seem to care ONLY about the fetuses within the United States AND within U.S. women. You don't give the north end of a southbound rat aboutACTUAL babies, "viable" babies OR their mothers outside (or within our cages), that belong to ANY other country. Your "hero" is supporting the slaughter of thousands around the world when he isn't CAUSING their deaths! He caused the deaths of, at least, hundreds when he abandoned our friends in Turkey, in Syria, in Central America, but …. that's okay!? 

For YOU to try to misrepresent THESE facts is pathetic!!
    PlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountable
  • @SkepticalOne

WOW, if it is true that Polticians will have no impact on what a doctor does for a newborn, then why do Democrats simply not support the Bil that will make it law to save the child's life? 

What is this supposed to mean? Isn't the entire point of your thread to b*itch about Democrats not supporting this bill? They are not supporting this bill because doctors already provide care as appropriate.

We have laws protecting your life from a doctor.

We have laws protecting my life from everyone... this would include doctors. I don't see your point.

***We have laws saying that no one, including doctors, can purposely allow a viable life to die without trying to help.

If that's true, then why is another law needed to say the same thing? You're making my point.

PlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountableAlofRI
  • @SkepticalOne

Are you on drugs? The law that Republicans are trying to make is a law that stops this LOOP HOLE whereby a doctor can refuse to try and save a child after being born alive from an unsuccessful abortion attempt.

Please tell me you are not that blind to what we are talking about!

Democrats want to allow these doctors a loop hole to continue denying treatment for a dying child.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    The viable babies wail! Wail! Wail!
    PlaffelvohfenBlastcat
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @We_are_accountable

We have laws saying that no one, including doctors, can purposely allow a viable life to die without trying to help.

That is not factually true in the US... The courts have gone into very gory details in order to explain this. In Buch v. Amory Manufacturing Co., the defendant had no obligation to save a child from crushing his hand in a manufacturing machine.

The court suggested an analogy in which a baby was on the train tracks – did a person standing idly by have the obligation to save him? Legally, no. He was a “ruthless savage and a moral monster,” but legally he did not have to save that baby.

An interesting and very unique case (in the US) to the contrary is Soldano v. O’Daniels, where the Court of Appeals of California (that outrageously democrat state, you know?) bucked convention and stated that an employee did have a duty to help in this particular instance.

Happy_KillbotWe_are_accountablesmoothieZeusAres42
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • @Plaffelvohfen

We are talking about DOCTORS? Their job is to save people's lives, regardless how the patient came to be there!

Are you saying that doctors can decide for themselves if they want to save some people, but let other's die? How would you like going to a doctor who decided he wanted you to die and did nothing to save you? Maybe he looked at you as a burden to society. Do you want a doctor deciding your right to life?

Would you want laws to stop that type of barbaric depravity. if so, do not vote for these extreme Democrats pandering to their feminist base.
  • SkepticalOneSkepticalOne Gold Premium Member 1628 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @SkepticalOne

Are you on drugs? The law that Republicans are trying to make is a law that stops this LOOP HOLE whereby a doctor can refuse to try and save a child after being born alive from an unsuccessful abortion attempt.

Please tell me you are not that blind to what we are talking about!

Democrats want to allow these doctors a loop hole to continue denying treatment for a dying child.
    Again, the bill is written by people who have no understanding of medical science attempting to prescribe what care doctors should provide.

As far as I know there are no viable babies being born which are purposefully allowed to die. You'll need to establish that happens before we start making laws for it. That would be like creating a bill that states 'it's against the law to drive 800mph'. Like, yah, no sh*t, but that 60mph speed limit sign over there has the same effect. (We already have laws against infanticide)

It may be that babies which are not viable outside the womb are birthed, in which case, no amount of care will keep them alive. Even in these cases, comfort care is provided to keep them from suffering in their last moments. This is the only thing I know of to which this bill might be applicable. That being the case, this bill would increase the suffering of the child, the family, and the expense while leaving the outcome exactly the same. 

Advocates of this bill wrongly think they have the moral high-ground when they are actually arguing to inflict more misery on dying babies and their families. Political points at the expense of dying babies...wow.
    We_are_accountable
  • @SkepticalOne

If it was not happening to viable babies who could survive, no one would be talking about it or trying to protect their lives! It's been all over the news. It's been all over politics! It's happening! Your deception wastes my time.

Ignore
    PlaffelvohfenSkepticalOne
  • SkepticalOneSkepticalOne Gold Premium Member 1628 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @SkepticalOne

If it was not happening to viable babies who could survive, no one would be talking about it or trying to protect their lives! It's been all over the news. It's been all over politics! It's happening! Your deception wastes my time.

Ignore
    Your evidence it is happening is people (undefined) say so? People also say they were abducted by aliens, and Elvis lives...that's not a very high standard of evidence there, buddy. 

I assume you weren't able to find any instances of viable babies being left intentionally to die on google, and, now, somehow, it's my fault your claim of "Democrats support infanticide!" Is left to die on the debate boards. Oh, and I'm wasting YOUR time. :wink:
    We_are_accountablePlaffelvohfen
  • @SkepticalOne

It was just voted on in Congress! Stop wasting our time.

IGNORE
    Plaffelvohfen
  • @SkepticalOne

It was just voted on in Congress! Stop wasting our time.

IGNORE
    Uh huh, and legislatures NEVER vote on bills written by uninformed representatives. :smiley:
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1121 Pts   -  
    @SkepticalOne. It was my understanding that doctors cant kill a baby born alive from abortion, but they dont have to provide life saving care either.  I believe thats what this bill was trying to change.
    We_are_accountable
  • @SkepticalOne. It was my understanding that doctors cant kill a baby born alive from abortion, but they dont have to provide life saving care either.  I believe thats what this bill was trying to change.
    It is my understanding that viable babies are not purposefully left to die. Period. The OP refused to substantiate his claims which would have contradicted this.
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1121 Pts   -  
    @SkepticalOne. Why is that your understanding? the govenor of virginia said the exact thing i was talking about.  Im mot necessarily ssying theyd just be left to starve, but if they survived an abortion and were in a critical condition when born they may not recieve life daving care.  This bill protected this, and im not sure what eould prevent you supporting it.

If it doesnt happen whats the point in not supporting it.  Just say, this doesnt happen and it may be a political stunt but i agree babies born alive should receive medical care...unless they believe it may happen or agree if the baby in the womb was meant to be killed it shouldnt receive the care.
    We_are_accountable
  • @SkepticalOne. Why is that your understanding? the govenor of virginia said the exact thing i was talking about.  Im mot necessarily ssying theyd just be left to starve, but if they survived an abortion and were in a critical condition when born they may not recieve life daving care.  This bill protected this, and im not sure what eould prevent you supporting it.

If it doesnt happen whats the point in not supporting it.  Just say, this doesnt happen and it may be a political stunt but i agree babies born alive should receive medical care...unless they believe it may happen or agree if the baby in the womb was meant to be killed it shouldnt receive the care.
    Northam's comments do not disagree with my understanding. He referenced severe deformities and non-viability for the abortions in question.

As for the rest of your post, I've address similar questioning above, so no offense to you, but I'd rather not repeat myself.
    We_are_accountable