frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should the American Presidential election be cancelled because of the coronavirus?

Debate Information

If a medical emergency is declared, would it be best to focus on the safety of the American public instead of our liberty? I don't believe this should happen, but given the fact that our liberty may not be a given, can we philosophically legitimize our freedom in the face of a danger to the public?   

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    Try to remember this time that our liberty is not the foremost value here, because it may adversely effect our safety. 
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    Hell no! The Coronavirus is only ONE disease we have to fight! The other has infected the White House for almost 4 years now!
    piloteerPlaffelvohfenDeeMint_Tea
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @AlofRI

Ooooo, I was hoping for a mean spirited discussion. Thank you for setting the tone here. I wonder if Trump supporters will go for this? It's worth pointing out that the only reason you believe we should ignore the safety of the American public is to vote a sitting president out of office. I commend you for your audacity though. You got spunk!!!
    Dee
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    If anything we should hold the election early...
    AlofRIPlaffelvohfen
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

There is no Democrat representative as of right now. Your suggestion would be to just let the sitting president remain in office because nobody has won the Democratic nomination.  
    @piloteer That will change soon. I don't trust the sitting president to handle a crisis effectively. Apparently he doesn't trust himself since he put Pence in charge.
    AlofRIPlaffelvohfen
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

@Happy_Killbot

Happy, you are better than that. Your last argument is not up to the standards of HappyKillbot that we all know and love. You have just claimed that because of how bad our president is handling a virus that hasn't even started spreading in our country, then the Democratic party will have a presidential candidate who has the support of the entire party so to take on the president in the election, and this will happen soon?!?! I don't even know where to start on how much that doesn't really make sense. I think you might want to go back to the drawing board on that point and come back fresh.      
    @piloteer No, what will change is that there will be a democratic candidate, so we could in theory hold an early election. Trump isn't handling the virus, and he doesn't intend to. He has already put the VP in charge. Clearly, Trump doesn't trust himself to handle the situation, so why should we trust him with another 4 years? I don't know, just seems kind of like a waste to go through the motions of having the full campaign season if we don't have to.

No, none of this is serious, but I didn't think this was a serious debate.

@Happy_Killbot

Good point. This isn't a serious debate. I was just hoping people would start swearing at each other.
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    YOU #^&*#%!!!!!!
    Plaffelvohfensmoothie

• Happy_Killbot other than the Executive officer holding the Executive office of the united states by vote, what criteria are you using to make the determination the public elected official is President. Right now you are only presuming that any democratic election is a united state and can be considered a reason to award the ability of President created by a united state presented before the Constitution by any man. 

The Executive officer is simply our choice as voting public to place some-one in the Executive office. Basically said a voter can vote a person to the office a president might share without insisting he must become a President. The office has a legal precedent in its past that was simply challenged by an accusation of prejudice. Where some people are prejudiced does not me the position of President of the United States is a Prejudice Title.

Coronavirus is only making a united state where all people must bear the weight as a burden of lethal force when voting. Only this time there is not a choice to pay the hefty costs added to liberty the simply must or must not vote at the risk of losing their life. Law enforcement so to speak instead of the shared burden of protecting and serving. What is the choice of liberty, protect and serve what, 1. United States Constitution? or a united state of self?

• smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    I don't think it's fair to a sitting elected president to hold an election early and cut their term because of one situation

But should it be canceled? I don't think many people know how actually severe this coronavirus is. It could be extinct by November. Or we could all die by November. We will see. Part of the president's job is to handle these situations and people should note that in the next scheduled election. I already predicted Trump would be the guy to worry more about the stocks, but people voted him in. Nobody really expects this situation.

On another note: &#^%$#*$&@&;#$)*)#@$*#@)$(*)(@#*)($(%*&;#&*@&;*^!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    why so serious?
    @smoothie @AlofRI

The amount of profanity being spewed by you two is absolutely fu€king unacceptable.
    smoothieAlofRI
    I get the feeling the face mask emoji is going to get a lot of use in the coming weeks.
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    New emoji update leaked????? lol
    piloteer
    why so serious?