frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

this is true?

Debate Information

what conspiracy theories do you believe in?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
33%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• None.
    Plaffelvohfen

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    are you sure?  from an individuals point of view, it is never a conspiracy if you believe in it.@ZeusAres42
  • maxx said:
    are you sure?  from an individuals point of view, it is never a conspiracy if you believe in it.@ZeusAres42
    Care to elaborate @maxx

• Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    Epstein didn't kill himself!
    AlofRI
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • One thing that does make one wonder at times is how some people of intellectual brilliance can have conspiracy theories. The Genius Bobby Fischer that played chess was known for his conspiracy theories. Shame really as I also think he never really got the help that he needed. He was pushed and pushed to win just to prove intellectual superiority over the Russians during the time of the Cold War. I guess it was this that made him snap somehow.

Having said all that I guess it could be said he has some form of delusional psychoses. Another example although a bit more severe was the Brilliant Mathematician John Nash. However, in John Nash's case he actually heard and saw things that were not there.

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    I do not know you ; however, many people tend to believe I =n many things that may not be true; perhaps just because we have read it somewhere, or we grew up believing something. it does not has to be so wild as that we never landed upon the moon; it can be something simple.  now-a-days, it is even easier to believe in something with-out evidence, with the advent of social media and perhaps fake news.  we have no way in proving what we read upon such media, yet we choose to filter out certain things, and believe in others; based mainly upon what we decide must be true without any evidence@ZeusAres42
    ZeusAres42
  • In any case, most conspiracy theories are fallacies:

Description: Explaining that your claim cannot be proven or verified because the truth is being hidden and/or evidence destroyed by a group of two or more people.  When that reason is challenged as not being true or accurate, the challenge is often presented as just another attempt to cover up the truth and presented as further evidence that the original claim is true.

Logical Form:A is true.B is why the truth cannot be proven.Therefore, A is true.

Exception: Sometimes, there really are conspiracies and cover-ups.  The more evidence one can present for a cover-up, the better, but we must remember that possibility does not equal probability.https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/logicalfallacies/Conspiracy-Theory

maxx

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    how do you know/?  because others told you so.  you listed to the idea of it on news or social media and decided without evidence, that he did not kill him self. 
    @Happy_Killbot
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @maxx I don't know for sure, but the evidence is there.

The autopsy suggested that he was strangled rather than hung, the wounds didn't match the cloth with which he hung himself. The security camera watching the cell was conveniently no functioning, and the guards were asleep. He had a lot of enemies that would have wanted him dead, and just being in jail put him at risk of giving that information out that would have put the reputation of some of them at risk.

So in short, there was a motive, an opportunity, and evidence.
    Plaffelvohfen
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2758 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    maxx said:
    I do not know you ; however, many people tend to believe I =n many things that may not be true; perhaps just because we have read it somewhere, or we grew up believing something. it does not has to be so wild as that we never landed upon the moon; it can be something simple.  now-a-days, it is even easier to believe in something with-out evidence, with the advent of social media and perhaps fake news.  we have no way in proving what we read upon such media, yet we choose to filter out certain things, and believe in others; based mainly upon what we decide must be true without any evidence@ZeusAres42
    This is a good argument. However, I think you are talking about something more general than just conspiracy theories. We are only humans; not robots. So, yeah, there will be times when we may very well be holding onto false beliefs. This is a psychological thing. In order to combat this, we need to practice engaging in questioning our beliefs about things. @maxx

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    The conspiracy theory I believe is that the judge offered Epstein a choice of how he wished to die, a choice between being shot or hung. The theory is that Epstein replied: "Oh, 'bout half shot and pretty well hung." 
    PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42