frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Atheist asked: Why am I headed to Hell? I'm a good person!

Debate Information

Atheist outlines family history of unbelief and notes that she has led a good life, behaved herself and obeys the law. This atheist asked why the religious insist that she is headed to Hell in her atheism. Please permit me, as briefly as possible, provide an explanation...

You will not find life in the Kingdom of God as an unrepentant atheist because you are a sinner, you have fallen short of God's standard of perfection required to enter the Kingdom of God subsequent to the death of your body in Time (Romans 3:23). God the Father has so decreed that nothing impure, no sin, will exist within or ever enter the Kingdom of God (Revelation 21:27); therefore, all of mankind was lost and hopeless because all of mankind has sinned and fallen short of God's glory.

The Good News is (the Gospel) that God the Father did not leave you and me in our hopeless condition but He sent God the Son, Jesus Christ, to enter Time in the form of flesh...as a man (Philippians 2:8) through the seed of the woman (Galatians 4:4) thereby circumventing the seed of the man (Adam) which passes the sin-nature (1 Corinthians 15:22).

Jesus walked this Earth for 33.5-yrs and He fulfilled the Law of God (the 613 Levitical Laws and the Commandments) perfectly, Jesus never sinned and was therefore an acceptable sacrifice for your sin-debt and my sin-debt (2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus, out of obedience to the Father (Matthew 20:22-23), walked to the horrors of a Roman Crucifixion and suffered, died, shed His innocent blood to pay your sin-debt and God the Father looked upon the blood of His dear Son spilling onto the sands of Golgotha outside of Jerusalem and God the Father deemed that sinless blood of Jesus as payment for the sins of mankind for anyone who is willing to humble them self and repent of their sin, sincerely believe in their heart and confess with their mouth that Jesus is God who died to pay their sin-debt and believe that Jesus was resurrected for their justification leading to Eternal life with God the Father subsequent to the death of the body in Time (John 3:16; Romans 10:9-10).

As an atheist, you will not find life in God's Kingdom because you refuse to humble yourself and repent of your sins and trust-believe in Jesus Christ as Lord as the Mediator for your sin (John 8:24)...you refuse to come to God the Father HIS WAY (John 14:6); therefore, unless you repent, you will die in your sin (John 8:24) and you will die a "second death" in Hell (Revelation 20:11-15) because God the Father is NOT going to permit your destructive, unrepentant, sin to enter His Kingdom (Revelation 21:27); after all, this is the very reason Lucifer was extricated from the Kingdom of God and the Father is NOT going permit the destructiveness of sin to dwell in His presence...there are NO exceptions and God's Plan of redemption is immutable (Malachi 3:6) in the Age of Grace!

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    If someone is worrying about hell, chances are they are not an atheist. When you abandon belief in god, it comes with the necessity that hell doesn't exist.
    ZeusAres42JesusisGod777888PlaffelvohfenAlofRI
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • If someone is worrying about hell, chances are they are not an atheist. When you abandon belief in god, it comes with the necessity that hell doesn't exist.

@Happy_Killbot I have made this exact point to this guy before. However, he then says I'm brainwashed and lying.
    JesusisGod777888Plaffelvohfen

• @Happy_Killbot

And here I thought atheism had nothing to do with Christian beiliefs

Explain how when you assert you falsely think God doesn't exist you associate the existence of hell with God's wrath?
    Happy_KillbotZeusAres42Plaffelvohfen
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @JesusisGod777888 ;
    Re-read what I wrote and tell me why your response makes no sense.
    ZeusAres42Plaffelvohfen
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2720 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @Happy_Killbot

And here I thought atheism had nothing to do with Christian beiliefs

Explain how when you assert you falsely think God doesn't exist you associate the existence of hell with God's wrath?
    I actually made a mistake with the fallacy. It's a non-sequitur. In short, it makes no sense what you just said.
    Plaffelvohfen

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    With the requirements to get into heaven, and the small number who ACTUALLY qualify, it must be lonely as hell there! Those that do make it are absolutely NO FUN, anyway! Join me if you get bored, Ricky and 777 ……. I'll have a hot toddy waitin' for ya! >:)
    PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1712 Pts   -  
    The atheist does not ask 'Why am I headed to Hell?' The atheist does not believe in Hell. This debate is illogical.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    All these fantasy stories are fun and all, but you failed to address the question. If I am a good person, then why do you think I am headed to hell? Because I do not worship a from over 2,000 years ago? How does that make any sense?

Granted, I do not think I am a good person or a bad person. These quality judgements are subjective. Some people like me, others hate me, and most are indifferent to me. I surely do not care what people who wrote the Bible eons ago thought of people like me.

Consider, Rickey, that most religions state that you will go to a bad place after death, because you do not follow them. You think one heaven will make enduring thousands hells easier? ;) Think again!
  • DJWinterrDJWinterr 8 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar the Bible teaches that atheist will burn in hell because of no faith in him
  • @DJWinterr Agreed 
  • Normal_1Normal_1 54 Pts   -  
    As an atheist, you will not find life in God's Kingdom because you refuse to humble yourself and repent of your sins RickeyD

As an atheist, I couldn't care less about finding life in God's Kingdom.
    And, as an atheist, I find it reprehensible that there are still people in this world who seek to lay fear and guilt on others for not believing their speculative views.

And indeed if there really is a God, I'm sure that He would be fair-minded and just enough to let those who have done well for their fellow humans into heaven and disallow those who incite fear, guilt, doom, and gloom irrespective of what they believe.

The concept of a God who remains totally anonymous to allow only believers into heaven is not only non-sensical but ludicrous, self-centered, elitest and pure evil.
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1712 Pts   -  
    DJWinterr said:
    @MayCaesar the Bible teaches that atheist will burn in hell because of no faith in him
    Yes that's true, but it is also true that Atheist does not believe in Hell because they have no faith in God.
  • JGXdebatePROJGXdebatePRO 408 Pts   -  
    The atheist does not ask 'Why am I headed to Hell?' The atheist does not believe in Hell. This debate is illogical.
    I believe this is after he is taken to a christian idea of an afterlife.
    “The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.” – Marcus Aurelius