frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Atheist logic: “You worship a god who created his own enemy, how smart does that make you?”

Debate Information

Atheist logic: “You worship a god who created his own enemy, how smart does that make you?”

Christian response…

God created both the angelic and human creation in order to establish and enjoy relationship with them in love. In order for love to flourish in purity and authenticity, one must possess the free will to "choose" to love or hate, obey or rebel; otherwise, love becomes robotic and thus impotent. God's chief cherub angel, Lucifer, opted to rebel out of covetousness for God's authority and thus the causation for the creation of Time, the Universe, human KIND.

Presently, God is dealing with his enemy in Time apart from the Kingdom and you have been given a unique opportunity as a created human being to come along side of God and fight for Him and with Him and reap the benefits of your faithfulness in Eternity by trusting in His Son, Jesus Christ, who died so that you could live. It is your choice. Have a good weekend.

AlofRIPlaffelvohfenJGXdebatePROBlastcat

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• JGXdebatePROJGXdebatePRO 408 Pts   -  
    RickeyD said:

Christian response…

God created both the angelic and human creation in order to establish and enjoy relationship with them in love. In order for love to flourish in purity and authenticity, one must possess the free will to "choose" to love or hate, obey or rebel; otherwise, love becomes robotic and thus impotent. God's chief cherub angel, Lucifer, opted to rebel out of covetousness for God's authority and thus the causation for the creation of Time, the Universe, human KIND.

Presently, God is dealing with his enemy in Time apart from the Kingdom and you have been given a unique opportunity as a created human being to come along side of God and fight for Him and with Him and reap the benefits of your faithfulness in Eternity by trusting in His Son, Jesus Christ, who died so that you could live. It is your choice. Have a good weekend.

If one has the choice to choose between love and hate, how come those who choose hate (atheists) are supposedly punished for eternity? 

TGMasterX
    “The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.” – Marcus Aurelius
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    @JGXdebatePRO

"I am putting a gun to your head. You can give me your wallet, or I will press the trigger. You have a choice and a free will!"

On a more serious note, I actually heard a politician on an interview yesterday claim that paying taxes is voluntarily. You can, he said, choose not to pay taxes and go to jail; that is a valid choice, and nobody forces you to pay taxes.

There was also a French philosopher, Rosseau, who coined the phrase "People must be forced to be free".
    JGXdebatePRO
    @MayCaesar you're totally missing the point. I am simply advocating that the concept of heaven and hell is laughable and i have the choice, as you have rightly pointed out with your examples, that i am atheist and a ranting priest can shout, "You will be burned in hell!" all he wants, but am an atheist and that's that.
    xlJ_dolphin_473AlofRITGMasterX
  • @RickeyD

If Satan is necessary for free-will, then there can be no free-will in heaven. I don't think you guys have thought this justification for a self-created nemesis out all the way.
    PlaffelvohfenMayCaesarJGXdebatePRO
    A supreme being is just like a normal being...but with sour cream and black olives.
    @RickeyD

If Satan is necessary for free-will, then there can be no free-will in heaven. I don't think you guys have thought this justification for a self-created nemesis out all the way.
    I applaud you for standing up to this ranting anarchical bibliomaniacal sociopath. He is using the bible as fuel for his debates
    and this is built on a completely invalid basis. He is suggesting that there are no decisions in heaven. This couldn't be more illogical.
    xlJ_dolphin_473PlaffelvohfenTGMasterX
  • TGMasterXTGMasterX 163 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD Although I am an atheist, I would imagine everyone could agree that Satan is evil. He is of course also known as the Devil. 
    So, what I don't understand is why God keeps Satan around and doesn't kill him. The bible mentions equality, so is it fair to put some people in hell, and others in heaven? 
    Also, if God knows everything, inevitably, that means there is no free will, as God knows what is going to happen.

• RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @TGMasterX

God the Father did not eradicate Lucifer and the angels that followed Lucifer in his attempted coup de taut because God desired to maintain volitional love with the remaining faithful angels in the Kingdom that did not rebel...an untold and probably unfathomable number of angels. If God had simply destroyed Lucifer and the rebellious angels for their disobedience, the remaining faithful angels would no longer love our God out of volition but out of fear; true love cannot manifest in fear; therefore, God the Father commissioned the Son, Jesus Christ, to take elements from the Spiritual Realm and fashion those elements into matter that can be apprehended by life constrained by the Realm of Time and physics (Hebrews 11:3; John 1; Colossians 1:15-18; Genesis 1).

Jesus Christ, at the behest of the Father (John 3:35), proceeded to create Time, this Universe, the Earth, human kind and then Lucifer was placed upon the Earth in Eden (Ezekiel 28:12-17; Luke 10:18) to be dealt with apart from the Kingdom; in fact, the primary reason Jesus Christ entered Time was to defeat the works/deception/death inspired by the Devil (1 John 3:8b). From the beginning in Eden, the struggle between Jesus v. Satan has been in play (Genesis 3:14-15) and ultimately Jesus Christ was victorious over Satan at the Crucifixion (Hebrews 2:14; John 16:11).

The faithful angels are observing the horrors of sin and disobedience (1 Peter 1:12) and the unconscionable evil works of the former cherub guardian angel, Lucifer; at the end of the Millennial Reign of Messiah, the faithful angels will agree with God the Father that Satan and the fallen-angels/demons do deserve confinement and eternal punishment in Hell (Revelation 20:10) and God's loving relationship with both His angelic creation and the redeemed of mankind will be maintained and strengthened by God having suffered and given Himself as a sacrifice for the sins of those He loves with an undying love (John 3:16; Matthew 26:28).

Blastcat
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    Theistic Logic: You MUST worship the God WE created … the one who created his own enemy! That will make you SMART!
    Plaffelvohfen
    @AlofRI ; In your unbelief and your refusal to study the Covenant of Grace provided you in the Holy Bible, you are headed to death in your sin and death in Hell because you have rejected the only Path to life in Eternity i.e. grace through faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior for the mediation of your sin.

Blastcat
  • TGMasterXTGMasterX 163 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD
    I did not understand a word you said. You are using the Bible as a source of evidence; however, books are not primary sources. Please adequately rebut me, instead of rambling on about the Bible.
    @TGMasterX ; Your question, inquiry, derives its subject from theology - the Scriptures; therefore, logically...a response from the Scriptures is the only adequate response. You will believe what the Holy Spirit has said and find Truth and life or you'll mock and deny the Holy Spirit and die in your sin without hope. I have answered your question in accordance with the Holy Spirit. If you seek a secular response, I'm sure there is a plethora of worldly nonsense to satiate your atheistic mockery.

Blastcat
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    Oh, well. Heaven for the climate, hell for the company. I'd much rather spend eternity with:

James Madison; "Religious bondage shackles the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise, every expanded prospect."

Thomas Jefferson; "The Christian God is a being of terrific character … cruel, vindictive, capricious and unjust!"

Voltaire; "The truths of religion are never so well understood as by those who have lost the power to reason."

Voltaire; "Christianity is the most ridiculous, the most absurd and bloody religion that has ever infected the world."

Mark Twain on the Bible;"It is full of interest, it has noble poetry in it and some clever fables, some blood drenched history and some good morals, a wealth of obscenity and upwards of a thousand lies."

(Thinking about it) …. Would I rather spend eternity with these guys? …. or with guys like Mr. Robertson listening to him explain why "Tele-Tubbies" are gay?? Or RickyD or We_Are_ Accountable spewing ancient logic? ….. NAH!  I'd tell you to go to hell, RickyD, but, if I'm going to work there I don't want to see you every day. o:)
    @AlofRI ; God has given you the option to die in Hell. Enjoy your decision. You won't be alone.

AlofRIJohnBarutBlastcat