frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Tell Me How Your Bible Is The Truth

Debate Information

mannyfritz18

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DJWinterrDJWinterr 8 Pts   -  
    All the modern day bibles remove so much context from the kjv and have no way to defend themselves 
  • mannyfritz18mannyfritz18 22 Pts   -  

The New Testament records are incredibly accurate to events that have happened during that era of time. There are minor differences in manuscripts, called variants, but none of these variants impact or change key Christian beliefs or claims. Also the New Testament have predicting many events that will be happening at the ends of the days of earth such as disease coming, and people going towards their humanly ways and further from the way god intended us to be (our godly christian selves). . Faith is the confident belief in something that you cannot perceive with your senses (Hebrews 11:1). So when I believe without observation that the earth’s core is molten, I am acting on a type of faith. Likewise, when I believe in God whom I cannot directly see, I am acting on faith. Don’t misunderstand. We should indeed have faith in God and His Word. But the “by faith” response does not actually answer the objection that has been posed—namely, and is how we that the Bible is true.

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    Tell me how ANY bible is true... Would be a better question in my opinion...
    mannyfritz18DeeAlofRIZeusAres42
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6021 Pts   -  
    The Bible is just a story book. As Jordan Peterson rightly says, there is value in stories, and each story contains certain truths - but they are not truths in the factual sense.

As far as story books go, the Bible is fairly mediocre. I liked Ancient Greek myths more when I was into them in my childhood: they contain a lot of interesting creatures and characters, the stories are always full of humor and, at the same time, deep meaning and life lessons... And they had minotaurs! What can possibly beat a minotaur?
    PlaffelvohfenBlastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

Has the Bible ever personally caused you any harm, the kind of harm that you might call law enforcement over?

When you've accidentally heard a harmless prayer, did you go to the Emergency Room, to seek medical aid afterwards, because you were somehow harmed by a harmless prayer? 

"Tell Me How Your Bible Is The Truth."

The Truth is those who voluntarily believe in Religion, understand it's Truth, because it's Truth is pro Adoption, pro Child, pro Family, pro Community, and pro Humanity.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  

The Truth is those who voluntarily believe in Religion, understand it's Truth, because it's Truth is pro Adoption, pro Child, pro Family, pro Community, and pro Humanity. 
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    TKDB said:

How is it that the "truth" is so much different between "religious beliefs"? Christian, Islamic, Judaic  "beliefs" seem to go off in many directions. There can only be ONE truth, but, many believe in many different truths. You, obviously believe in the Christian "version", so, the others are liars?? If you say "The truth is those who voluntarily believe in religion, ...", why would you disagree with a Muslim, a Jew, a Hindu, a Sikh,  about the "truth"??
    Plaffelvohfen
  • RS_masterRS_master 400 Pts   -  
    The bible, is an unreliable source of information. I could make my own book and characters and god. Humans may believe it in a century. How do you know if the bible is not made up? 

The bible may not be made up but proof is important. Proof is evidence. Evidence supports belief so proof drives belief. The problem is the bible does not have proof yet.

AlofRIxlJ_dolphin_473Plaffelvohfen
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1712 Pts   -  
    RS_master said:
    The bible, is an unreliable source of information. I could make my own book and characters and god. Humans may believe it in a century. How do you know if the bible is not made up? 

The bible may not be made up but proof is important. Proof is evidence. Evidence supports belief so proof drives belief. The problem is the bible does not have proof yet.

It does not have proof yet, and probably never will. Great argument, @RS_master!
  • JohnBarutJohnBarut 24 Pts   -  
    RS_master said:

https://christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t003.html