frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is it safe to have a guy who never lies”, but changes his mind daily; to have a Mutual Assured de

Debate Information

Excuse me. Is it safe to have” a guy who never lies”, but changes his mind daily; to have a Mutual Assured Destruction button at his disposal?

What if he changes his mind after someone else gets mad and does a pre-emptive strike?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYW_lPlekiQ

The real question should be; when is it ok to murder under the defence of self defence?

My American friends used to know the answer. Since they have degraded in morality, perhaps it is time to test just how poor American people have degraded.

We Canadians had to had to show you how to kill at Vimy Ridge twice. Is it time to show you Americans who should be murdered?

Not by gun of course. By vote. Can you go against your tribal instinct and vote by your conscience?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDN4L7cAQf0

I have a strong love bias now. It had curbed my criminal mind and delinquent attitude and I no longer believe a gun will solve any problem.  

Now, my hate bias against anyone who puts me and mine in peril has kicked in and so I use words to try to do my duty to family and friends..  

I hope a real American awakens their own love created hate before the next election.

I call myself a French Patriot in such places; are there any live real Americans who know how to vote by their conscience instead of their party, ---- tribe that is?

I used to trust Americans to do the right thing. I want to feel that trust again. Do try to be brave, again.

Regards

DL

AlofRI

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    I'm an American, and I feel your pain. We have a problem in our system that caused the problem in the White House. When our people can outvote a candidate for President by 3,000,000 votes, and a radical entity is still put in power, we must make changes. We are fast becoming a banana republic because of that flaw. An enemy has put price on its head equal to that number of votes. It's not funny when we don't know our enemies from our friends. What's that saying? "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."?? (Something like that). One of our "flaw's" favorite sayings is "We'll see what happens." I hope we can again be friendly before it's too late. :pensive:
    CYDdharta
  • GnosticChristianGnosticChristian 285 Pts   -  
    I have some evidence of motion in the right direction but slow going seems to be what the oligarchs, who are the real leaders, want.

Look at how long on the air waves some fools get. No names or particular fool implied; much. That takes big cash.

Regards
    DL

AlofRI
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    Well, most people do not realise that the president cannot actually just order a nuclear strike out of the blue and have it executed. The president can issue the order, but it will go through a long chain of command, with a lot of safeguards on the way to assure that the order is only executed in dire need. People who designed the system were not naive and knew very well that putting such a tremendous amount of power in one person's hands would be a massive blunder.

The US is not a dictatorship, and the president here has a fairly limited amount of power, plus checks and balances here are real and functional. People pay too much attention to who is currently occupying the office, while what really matters is how the overall bureaucratic machinery works. You can put a dog in the president's seat, and almost nothing will change.

Canada is a much more democratic (not in the positive sense) country, where most of the checks and balances only exist for as long as commoners take them seriously. They do have a great parliamentary system offsetting this issue, but due to the amount of direct democracy involved there certain people in charge can do quite a bit of damage, in principle. Still, the system is quite resistant; you can see how years of Trudeau's rule, who is a legendarily incompetent politician, have barely affected anything. Same goes for Rob Ford, a guy so ridiculous, he makes Trump look like a professor of mathematics: Toronto was doing just fine under him.

I am curious; by doing the "right thing", what do you mean exactly? Who would you vote for were you an American? First you say that people should vote with their consciousness, which varies from individual to individual, and then you are talking about the right thing, as if there is only one right choice. These notions do not seem to be compatible, unless by the "right thing" you mean just that: voting with one's consciousness. But that, in turn, does not tell people who they should vote for; perhaps most people's consciousness tells them to vote for Trump, so what is your advice to them?
    GnosticChristianAlofRIBlastcat
    MayCaesar said:

1---Well, most people do not realise that the president cannot actually just order a nuclear strike out of the blue and have it executed. The president can issue the order, but it will go through a long chain of command, with a lot of safeguards on the way to assure that the order is only executed in dire need. People who designed the system were not naive and knew very well that putting such a tremendous amount of power in one person's hands would be a massive blunder.

2 ---The US is not a dictatorship, and the president here has a fairly limited amount of power, plus checks and balances here are real and functional. People pay too much attention to who is currently occupying the office, while what really matters is how the overall bureaucratic machinery works. You can put a dog in the president's seat, and almost nothing will change.

Canada is a much more democratic (not in the positive sense) country, where most of the checks and balances only exist for as long as commoners take them seriously. They do have a great parliamentary system offsetting this issue, but due to the amount of direct democracy involved there certain people in charge can do quite a bit of damage, in principle. Still, the system is quite resistant; you can see how years of Trudeau's rule, who is a legendarily incompetent politician, have barely affected anything. Same goes for Rob Ford, a guy so ridiculous, he makes Trump look like a professor of mathematics: Toronto was doing just fine under him.

I am curious; by doing the "right thing", what do you mean exactly? Who would you vote for were you an American? First you say that people should vote with their consciousness, which varies from individual to individual, and then you are talking about the right thing, as if there is only one right choice. These notions do not seem to be compatible, unless by the "right thing" you mean just that: voting with one's consciousness. But that, in turn, does not tell people who they should vote for; perhaps most people's consciousness tells them to vote for Trump, so what is your advice to them?
    1. Irrelevant as it is what the enemy perceives that is the risk; especially when you have a president who never lies but always changes his mind.

2. The U.S. is just another oligarchy like all countries. Your President is commander in chief and can do whatever he likes. He could line up and murder the supreme court if he chose to evoke his power.

If I was an American, I would vote to be a Canadian.

Regards
    DL
    CYDdhartaAlofRI
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    @GnosticChristian

What enemy? Every nation that can pose any threat to the US is run by fairly informed people who spend fortunes on getting as much information about the US system as possible. There are no naive guys there thinking that the orange can just press some button and obliterate them.

No, he could not. Your emotions are getting the better of you here.

So your advice to all Americans who you called "real" is to move to Canada? I have been both in Canada and the US and prefer it here, thanks.

Statistics is not on your side, by the way; people heavily prefer the US to Canada when they vote with their feet. From the statistics I can find by googling, the number of Americans immigrating to Canada is approximately equal to the number of Canadians immigrating to America, but since the US has approximately 9 times the Canadian population, the average Canadian is 9 times as likely to move to the US as the average American is to move to Canada.
    Maybe people are making a mistake, but, in any case, that is how they vote in practice. How you would vote is not representative of the general preferences in the population.
    Blastcat
    Succession is not moving. Watch when California gets fed up with boosting the U.S. without fair representation.

Regards
    DL

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    MayCaesar said:

1---Well, most people do not realise that the president cannot actually just order a nuclear strike out of the blue and have it executed. The president can issue the order, but it will go through a long chain of command, with a lot of safeguards on the way to assure that the order is only executed in dire need. People who designed the system were not naive and knew very well that putting such a tremendous amount of power in one person's hands would be a massive blunder.

2 ---The US is not a dictatorship, and the president here has a fairly limited amount of power, plus checks and balances here are real and functional. People pay too much attention to who is currently occupying the office, while what really matters is how the overall bureaucratic machinery works. You can put a dog in the president's seat, and almost nothing will change.

1. Irrelevant as it is what the enemy perceives that is the risk; especially when you have a president who never lies but always changes his mind.

2. The U.S. is just another oligarchy like all countries. Your President is commander in chief and can do whatever he likes. He could line up and murder the supreme court if he chose to evoke his power.

If I was an American, I would vote to be a Canadian.

Regards
    DL
    I regretfully agree. I've worked in every Province in Canada except Yukon and Saskatchewan, several times in most. If I were younger, and Trump was re-elected, I would be looking for a new country …. maybe even a new planet! A man who BOTH lies everyday AND changes his ….. um …. I'm not sure he actually HAS a working mind to change. If he does, he's out of it! But, he changes something every day, I agree, hopefully its his underwear! So much crap comes out of him every day he admits to having to flush 10 or more times. :smirk:
    GnosticChristian
    AlofRI said:
    MayCaesar said:

I would be looking for a new country …. maybe even a new planet! A man who BOTH lies everyday AND changes his ….. um …. I'm not sure he actually HAS a working mind to change. If he does, he's out of it! But, he changes something every day, I agree, hopefully its his underwear! So much crap comes out of him every day he admits to having to flush 10 or more times. :smirk:
    You use more eloquence than I would my friend.

Regards
    DL
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1121 Pts   -  
    The only reason Canada isnt ruled by a corrupt power today is because of America.

When is it ok to kill someone in self defense...if they are potentially threatening your life always.

It seems to me that people think trump is a war mongerer creating conflicts left and right but we he entered office...

1. There was major concern of north korea.  No longer.
    2. ISIS was a big threat.  No longer.
    3. He has pulled U.S. troops from Syria and other territories.

It makes me mad when people act like the U.S. is an evil military empire when they enter regions but are terrible as well when they make regions fend for themselves (syria). Somehow our evil empire entered into a pact with other countries to assure mutual peace, meanwhile although we are the most powerful and spend more on military, the other countries cant even contribute what they agreed to. What other power in history would put up with that crap.

GnosticChristian
  • GnosticChristianGnosticChristian 285 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    The only reason Canada isnt ruled by a corrupt power today is because of America.

When is it ok to kill someone in self defense...if they are potentially threatening your life always.

It seems to me that people think trump is a war mongerer creating conflicts left and right but we he entered office...

1. There was major concern of north korea.  No longer.
    2. ISIS was a big threat.  No longer.
    3. He has pulled U.S. troops from Syria and other territories.

It makes me mad when people act like the U.S. is an evil military empire when they enter regions but are terrible as well when they make regions fend for themselves (syria). Somehow our evil empire entered into a pact with other countries to assure mutual peace, meanwhile although we are the most powerful and spend more on military, the other countries cant even contribute what they agreed to. What other power in history would put up with that crap.

================

Hi M E.

Exactly.

America and it's allies, has failed in it's mandate to make conventional war war to further democratic ideals.

The will that had the allies, --- and made America the steel wedge of the Western War Machine, --- is now too dull to function well. 

Pulling back and saving American lives is the  right thing to do till the allies recognize their grave error and start stabilizing hot spots.

The American will to fight alone, if needs be,  has weakened.

I hope it comes back or democracy's champion will have a Statue of Liberty passé.

You are also correct in that our oligarch owners are not as corrupt as the American one's.

If your second is correct, Trump better watch himself.

As to the bigger picture, America fails at making war in the right places.

Regards
    DL