frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Atheist logic: "God is a concept." A response...

Debate Information

Atheist logic: "What is God? God is a thought, concept, idea, or metaphor. But that was not good enough for mankind, because in order to worship God, they had to bring God to life. A manufactured delusion that served man's emotional needs. Genesis got it wrong when it said that God breathed life into Adam and Eve to bring them to life. It was rather mankind who breathed life into God that brought Him to life."

Christian response to the atheist…

Anyone who is not deceived and blinded by Satan and their obsessions with aberrant lust and their genitalia; anyone possessing a modicum of commonsense, logic, reason, can stare at a clear night sky and discern design and the necessity for a designer (2 Corinthians 4:4; Ephesians 2:1-10).

It is the honest and sincere person that will seek to know the Designer of the Universe and when they seek Him with their whole heart they will ultimately discover that Christianity is the only coherent worldview with corresponding truth that defines origin-meaning-morality-destiny and directly answers with logical consistency, empirical adequacy, experiential relevance. There is ONE God and ONE Mediator for sin, Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 4:4; Jeremiah 29:11-13; 1 Timothy 2:5-6).

The Holy Spirit has clearly articulated (MEME) that the unbeliever-the atheist, is a , a "fool" and "without excuse" (Romans 1:18-32). Please don't live and die as "the fool" of Time and Eternity i.e. an atheist (Psalm 14:1; Proverbs 1:7 & 9:10)

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    If you stare at a night sky and start seeing deities there, then I think you should go see a doctor. Hallucinations can be an indication of deep health issues that are better addressed soon.
    PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42JGXdebatePRO
  • MayCaesar said:
    If you stare at a night sky and start seeing deities there, then I think you should go see a doctor. Hallucinations can be an indication of deep health issues that are better addressed soon.

@MayCaesar You do know that you're wasting your time with people like this right? Maybe they can be helped in person. But, here I really don't think there is any way of being able to get through to them. You like others have great material and knowledge that I think would be better spent on those willing to actually listen.
    MayCaesarPlaffelvohfen

• JGXdebatePROJGXdebatePRO 408 Pts   -  
    Funny, this. Priests ranting about how atheists are horrible. @MayCaesar and @ZeusAres42 you are both so right. The belief in such things is third world and we should move on.
    PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42
    “The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.” – Marcus Aurelius
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    That's why I'm voting against Trump. His "aberrant lust and [mushroom] genitalia, along with a lack of a modicum of common sense, logic and reason. He cannot stare at a clear night sky and discern a designer" ….. [cause he burned out his retina staring at an eclipse]. "The Holy Spirit has clearly articulated that the unbeliever-the atheist, is a , a  fool, and without excuse. (Romans 1:18-32)." Please don't live and die as the fool of time and eternity, i.e. [this N.Y.] atheist likely will. (Psalm 14:1 … etc.)

I know that's not a direct quote, but close. And something for an Evangelical to think about ;-)

Then there's "full of envy" (as with Obama), and the "insolent, haughty, boastful, foolish, faithless, heartless, boastful, , Though [he] knows Gods righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die", " [He] not only does them, but gives approval to those who practice them." (i.e., Putin, M.b.S., Kim, Klan, and the "Base" ;-). 

I'm confused. How come you detest ME, as an atheist, and love someone who actually ACTS like YOU THINK [ I ] do!??

@RickyD ….. can you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E ????
    That's why I'm voting against Trump. His "aberrant lust and [mushroom] genitalia, along with a lack of a modicum of common sense, logic and reason. He cannot stare at a clear night sky and discern a designer" ….. [cause he burned out his retina staring at an eclipse]. "The Holy Spirit has clearly articulated that the unbeliever-the atheist, is a , a  fool, and without excuse. (Romans 1:18-32)." Please don't live and die as the fool of time and eternity, i.e. [this N.Y.] atheist likely will. (Psalm 14:1 … etc.)

I know that's not a direct quote, but close. And something for an Evangelical to think about ;-)

Then there's "full of envy" (as with Obama), and the "insolent, haughty, boastful, foolish, faithless, heartless, boastful, , Though [he] knows Gods righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die", " [He] not only does them, but gives approval to those who practice them." (i.e., Putin, M.b.S., Kim, Klan, and the "Base" ;-). 

I'm confused. How come you detest ME, as an atheist, and love someone who actually ACTS like YOU THINK [ I ] do!??

SkepticalOne