frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

A Public Debate: You wanted it

Debate Information

For those of you that want a public debate now is your chance. This is a platform where you can cam up and talk to each other if you so wish.

FYI, I've already spoken to aarong (the owner of DebateIsland) and he has said he is fine with this within the confinements of certain conditions.

This is as close as it gets for the time being: https://tinychat.com/room/opendiscussion

The room is going again if anyone is interested.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    How do Americans feel about this? 

I just watched a fascinating documentary about poverty in the U S that’s truly shocking 41 million Americans live in dreadful poverty , 28 million cannot afford health care of any kind the worst hit states seem to be around the Appalachians , police in the U S in several states can and do remove tenants from properties if they’re a week late on rent.

The biggest and most scandalous modern myth is that these unfortunates are boozers , drug takers or just damn lazy while the reverse is true , a lot of unfortunate people simply cannot afford rent on the wages they’re paid.

The worst thing about the documentary was seeing volunteers set up field hospitals to assist the ill which is a scandal and even more surprising was Americans in states like Virginia pledging loyalty to Trump after he said he’s going to cut back on food stamps.

The volunteers are wonderful people who care for their fellow Americans and do not demonise or punish them for what it seems is a crime in modern U S as in poverty 
    Blastcat
  • Dee said:
    How do Americans feel about this? 

I just watched a fascinating documentary about poverty in the U S that’s truly shocking 41 million Americans live in dreadful poverty , 28 million cannot afford health care of any kind the worst hit states seem to be around the Appalachians , police in the U S in several states can and do remove tenants from properties if they’re a week late on rent.

The biggest and most scandalous modern myth is that these unfortunates are boozers , drug takers or just damn lazy while the reverse is true , a lot of unfortunate people simply cannot afford rent on the wages they’re paid.

The worst thing about the documentary was seeing volunteers set up field hospitals to assist the ill which is a scandal and even more surprising was Americans in states like Virginia pledging loyalty to Trump after he said he’s going to cut back on food stamps.

The volunteers are wonderful people who care for their fellow Americans and do not demonise or punish them for what it seems is a crime in modern U S as in poverty 

@Dee thanks for this. I will look into it as time permits.
    Dee

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

You’re welcome , it’s an excellent documentary and a real eye opener 
  • Well guys, come and join now. Please excuse the room I'm in. It's currently under refurbishment. Also, the ability to play YouTube videos will come soon.

• I am now cammed up if anyone interested.

• still up guys.

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Your name is "Pete?"
  • nope

• Nope, I'm in the middle at the moment trying to figure out how to do YT vids.

• RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    What were you wanting to debate about? What's the premise?
    Jaguar