frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Atheist demand: I don't care what you believe, but why do you believe in the Christian God?

Debate Information

I know what I believe and why because I have studied and I can come to no other conclusion than the Truth that Christianity is the only coherent worldview with corresponding truth that defines origin-meaning-morality-destiny and directly answers with logical consistency, empirical adequacy, experiential relevance. There is ONE God and ONE Mediator for sin, Jesus Christ (1 Timothy 2:5).

During my initial read and subsequent in-depth study of the Holy Scriptures, I came to the irrefutable conclusion that Jesus Christ is God who died for me so that I could live and find righteousness (a right standing) with God the Father by grace through faith in what Jesus did for me at the Crucifixion...it is the sinless, spotless, blood of Jesus Christ shed at Golgotha-Jerusalem that paid my sin-debt (2 Corinthians 5:21) and having trusted in Jesus' death, burial and resurrection as payment for my sin, I have been forgiven of all sin, past-present-future, and I have received the imputation of Jesus' perfection over my life; therefore, God the Father has adjudicated me "not guilty" as I am now His child through the rebirth (John 3:16; John 3:1-21)...most importantly, with the rebirth by faith in Messiah as Lord, I have received the indwelling Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13) who is my closest Friend and it is the Holy Spirit that provides me with wisdom, discernment, faith, understanding, strength, knowledge, to not only live the Christian life through the process of sanctification but the Holy Spirit is my Seal and my Guarantor of relationship with God the Father, forever (1 John 2:27; John 16:13). No one, nothing, can snatch me away from my relationship with Jesus Christ and God the Father...I am secure forever in "I AM" (Exodus 3:14). I have an eternal understanding of origin and why...this is a most precious gift of assurance-peace-contentment granted by the Holy Spirit for having believed and trusted in Jesus as Lord. There is nothing greater to be obtained in this life constrained by Time; in fact, the entire focus/purpose for our life in Time is to prepare for Eternity; therefore, without Jesus Christ as your Lord, you will live and die in futility and meaninglessness (Matthew 16:26)!!!

JGXdebatePROBlastcat

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    For the first time, RickyD, I have to say "EXCELLENT QUESTION"!
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @AlofRI ; It is your life and your eternity. I possess the answers to why you exist and how you can find life in Eternity if you're interested; otherwise, what's the use?
    PlaffelvohfenAlofRIBlastcat
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD
    it is the sinless, spotless, blood of Jesus Christ shed at Golgotha-Jerusalem that paid my sin-debt
    The very keystone of any death cult... Blood and death (even if a single one), as magic components at the core of a belief structure... Talk about medieval nonsense...

Happy_KillbotDeeAlofRI
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    You are unable to even answer a simple question without referencing a fantasy book multiple times, and you want us to believe that you have looked at the facts and arrived to all those fantastic conclusions by logical analysis? Please.

Those who wrote the Bible own you, Rickey; you are the mental prisoner of their ideas. That is the real answer here.
    AlofRI
  • JGXdebatePROJGXdebatePRO 408 Pts   -  
    This debate is irrelevant as I am an atheist and I could not care less if you choose to be a third-world ignoramus. Your loss, not mine.
    “The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.” – Marcus Aurelius
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    "Atheist demand …………. "??? What atheist is demanding?? I certainly am not, "I don't care what you believe …….. "!  It seems it's a Christian "demand" that insists we shall go to hell if we do not believe in his/her "god", I've heard NO atheist demands. If you wish to worship the Christian God I certainly have no problem with it, and no "demands". I simply ask that you do it in your own church or property and stop demanding that we go to hell for not following YOUR "demands". I would not even participate in your posts if they didn't insinuate that because I don't follow your belief I am a murderer, a , a devil and anything but a good person!

I think I am BETTER than you because I don't hate millions of what YOU refer to as "sinners". Catholics, Muslims, Mormons, atheists, gays, mothers that choose abortion (for any reason THEY deem necessary), many are good people, but, YOU think you are better than any of them. Sad. Believe what you want, let others live (and love) without your hate. We have enough problems without your ancient disease. This is NOT a Christian world it is OUR world.
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @AlofRI ; You are free to live and die in a lack of knowledge. Without Jesus Christ as Lord, you have no hope of life in Eternity.

Blastcat