frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

ATHEISTS MUST DENY THE FACTS, BECAUSE THE FACTS DON'T SUPPORT THEIR POSITION

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1712 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    RS_master said:
    @Grafix The "Noahs ark" has not been dated. If it was found in Turkey then it is miles away from where the bible was said to have taken place. Are you saying you believe someone collected 2 of every species? We have discovered about  30% of all species we should discover.  God cannot write so you do not know who wrote the genesis 1:1 to genesis 2:4a. Miracle makers are found in fantasy only. You say Moses edited the book just because the book says it. Would you believe I am god if I say it?
    Great argument @RS_master... to add to your points, it would be physically impossible to fit 2 of all animals in a boat. It would need to be over 1 million cubic feet, and would have taken nearly a thousand years to construct. It would be, I repeat, impossible. Maybe not impossible, but pretty limited by human engineering.
    RS_master
  • NeopesdomNeopesdom 157 Pts   -  
    @xlJ_dolphin_473

>>Great argument

Great argument???   :)

>>>If it was found in Turkey then it is miles away from where the bible was said to have taken place

On the seventeenth day of the seventh month, the ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat. (Gen 8:4)

Last time I checked the mountains of Ararat were in modern day Turkey. The site called Noah's Ark National Park, here it is on google maps for RS_Master to find.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Noah's+Ark+National+Park,+Turkey/@39.4405178,44.2332779,696m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x4014bdf26dcbac6b:0x3728e05fac77a3f3!2sNoah's+Ark+National+Park,+Turkey!8m2!3d39.4406542!4d44.2347809!3m4!1s0x4014bdf26dcbac6b:0x3728e05fac77a3f3!8m2!3d39.4406542!4d44.2347809

>>Are you saying you believe someone collected 2 of every species? 

and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth. (Gen. 7:3)

According to a Midrash, it was God, or the angels, who gathered the animals to the ark.... -wiki This is confirmed by the following Scripture;

Two of every kind of bird and animal and crawling creature will come to you to be kept alive. (Gen 6:20)

Also it was not 2 or 7 of every species, but every kind, a term used before binomial nomenclature was invented.

>>It would need to be...blah blah blah

That is an opinion not an argument. Can you establish for certainty that you actually know how many animals were on the Ark?

>>but pretty limited by human engineering....

Since it was God's engineering I don't see the problem.... "This is how you are to build it...." (Gen 6:15)
    GrafixxlJ_dolphin_473RS_master
      “Never argue with an id'iot They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
  • GrafixGrafix 248 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    @RS_master - You wrote .....
    @Grafix The "Noahs ark" has not been dated. If it was found in Turkey then it is miles away from where the bible was said to have taken place. Are you saying you believe someone collected 2 of every species? We have discovered about  30% of all species we should discover.  God cannot write so you do not know who wrote the genesis 1:1 to genesis 2:4a. Miracle makers are found in fantasy only. You say Moses edited the book just because the book says it. Would you believe I am god if I say it?

The Bible simply says that the Ark came to rest in the Mountains of Arrarat.  It says "Mountains" plural, which is exactly where it was found.  Nearby was also a settlement known as "The Village of Eight", a very early Antediluvian settlement, which the locals also gave positive testimony about.   There were only 8 people on Noah's Ark, according to the Biblical text, namely, Noah and his wife and their three sons each with one wife.  This also testifies to the early introduction by the Hebrew peoples of monogamous marriages - although a very strange concept at that time in the Middle East and not known to any other peoples.  The petrified laminated timber has been  dated, as have other elements including the alloy metals found in the timber fixings and the drogue stones as well.  All been dated.   We can only go on what the lab tests say.

All of these things support the Biblical texts.  The fact that a 515 foot massive ship 6,000 feet above sea level is also confirmation of the Great Flood, another confirmation of the Biblical Texts.  Then there are the anchor stones, called drogue stones, used to stablize vessels in that time also putting a dating on them, due to the fact they are typical of the design of the era, used instead of a keel and as anchors.  All of these things put together ARE  material evidence in support of the Biblical Text.  It cannot be denied, except by liars.  All has been properly tested, identified and verified by scholars and experts, including offical government scientists and archaeologists.  Go and argue with them.  It is pointless arguing with me.

I can't comment on the number of species on board the Ark.  It is not possible to ascertain the truth of that in the absence of any evidence to prove it.  Therefore I will not and cannot argue a point when I have no evidence to support an argument.   I do know that petrified samples of animal droppings have also been taken from the site via core samples and confirmed as animal droppings.  What that means is anybody's guess, other than that animals were on board the vessel.  Animal hair was also tested and confirmed. Same thing.  What it actually means is no more than that a wide variety of animals were on board the Ark, according to these samples. 

Neopesdom
    The further back we look, the greater forward insight we can have. History speaks.
  • NeopesdomNeopesdom 157 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    @Grafix

Noah's Ark was a great discovery. We are finding things all the time that confirm the Biblical narrative, such as the pharaoh's army at the red sea crossing of Moses.

Chariot Wheels At Bottom Of Red Sea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIQ-QAKTqZc

Grafix
      “Never argue with an id'iot They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain