Atheism is a religion comprised of the cowardly, the fearful, the defiled. Prove me wrong? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only online debate website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the leading online debate website. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is utilizing Artifical Intelligence to transform online debating.

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Atheism is a religion comprised of the cowardly, the fearful, the defiled. Prove me wrong?
in Religion

By RickeyDRickeyD 553 Pts
The facade of "Atheism" is comprised of the fearful, those lacking relevant knowledge and suffering from an untenable psychosis. Atheists worship at the throne of nihilism-atheism-moral relativism-naturalism yet their impotent philosophy cannot explain origin of matter-Time-Life; atheism can't explain meaning of life; the atheist fails to explain the necessity of morality that has been infused within our heart; the atheist has no clue relevant to destiny upon death of the body. The atheist worships inferences and suppositions initiated by "men" as fearful and scared and eternally impotent as them self; the atheist idolizes demonic representatives like Dawkins, Harris, Ra, Hitchens, Gervais, while permitting these mindless nitwits to direct them to the portal to Hell.

Atheists refuse to think for themselves and ponder the possibilities that I might just be right and that there is a life and a purpose shouting at us if one will just pursue that purpose in faith with a heart that is willing to believe. But the atheist remains in impotence, a dark corner of solitude that is actually a prison that will consume the atheist in death and destroy their soul in Hell because they would not approach our Creator, Jesus Christ, His way and seek Him for the answers to the most relevant and important and eternal mysteries of this life. This is spiritual death and a mental illness defined and every atheist is an example of the spiritually deceived and hopeless in both Time and Eternity. Entering the Portal to Hell because one refuses to study and seek Truth is certainly an untenable psychosis and a tragedy with eternal ramifications - this is atheism!

PlaffelvohfenAlofRIGnosticChristianZeusAres42JamesMarcus_AntoniusJesusJaguarAndyChen

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 3245 Pts
    From Merriam-Webster:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/religion
    Definition of religion
    1 a: the state of a religious
       b (1): the service and worship of God or the supernatural
          (2): commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
    2: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
    archaic : scrupulous conformity : CONSCIENTIOUSNESS
    4: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith
    Atheism does not involve god/supernatural and faith, hence is not a religion. I have proven you wrong, my friend!
    OakTownAethang5ZeusAres42AlofRIGnosticChristianPlaffelvohfen
  • RickeyDRickeyD 553 Pts
    @MayCaesar ; Your ignorance of truth does not negate the reality of your religion of atheism and its death and hopelessness in Time and Eternity. You are religious and Satan is your god.

Plaffelvohfenethang5AlofRIGnosticChristianJaguar
  • ZeusAres42AlofRIJaguar
  • RickeyDRickeyD 553 Pts
    @JGXdebatePRO ; Is English a second language?
    ethang5AlofRIJaguar
  • ZeusAres42Jaguar
  • Rickey, go home you’re drunk. Atheism is the ABSENCE OF RELIGION THEREFORE IT CANNOT BE A RELIGION. 
    The Prefix A: “ prefix meaning "not, without," from Greek.”* The Suffix Theism: “ word-forming element meaning "belief (of a specified kind) in God, a god, or gods."* 

Also, what makes you think Atheists are the fearful ones? It seems that Theists (that’s a big word Rickey, it means people who believe in god) are the fearful and cowardly ones as they cower in fear from the threat of “God’s Wrath” and “Eternal Suffering.”
    OakTownAethang5ZeusAres42AlofRIGnosticChristianPlaffelvohfenJaguar
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • RickeyDRickeyD 553 Pts
    @AmericanFurryBoy ; Atheism is a religion for the fool, the perverse, the defiled and spiritually lacking in knowledge. If the shoe fits...

AlofRIGnosticChristianJaguar
  • @RickeyD

Why should we care what the Bible says? 
    PlaffelvohfenOakTownAxlJ_dolphin_473ZeusAres42AlofRIGnosticChristianJaguar
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 3245 Pts
    edited March 19
    @RickeyD

So are you going to explain how my logic or the proposed definition are flawed, or is using a huge font with a quote from a random journal the only thing you can say in response? The latter would be disappointing.
    ZeusAres42
  • ethang5ethang5 227 Pts
    Atheists Are Sometimes More Religious Than Christians - The Atlantic

Web results
    Atheist churches - The elusive phenomenon of churches without God ...

Believe it or not, atheist churches on the rise deep in the heart of Texas ...

The godless church and the atheists taking the US by storm
    YouTube · The Guardian
    Sep 30, 2014

Sunday Assembly | The Atheist Church
    YouTube · Crane.tv
    Feb 6, 2013

Are they zealous?
    They are no religion boards everyday evangelizing.

Are they fervent in their religion?
    They will insult, mock, and abuse anyone who doesn't believe as they do.

Do they have high priests?
    Check. And will quickly quote them when challenged.

Do they have a belief system?
    Check. As all of them have the same code words and use the same jargon, like druids.

Jews say - Judaism is not a religion, it's a culture.
    Muslims say - Islam is not a religion, it's a way of life.
    Christians say - Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

Atheists say - Atheism is not a religion.......
    Jaguar
  • ethang5ethang5 227 Pts
    @RickeyD

Sorry Rickey, I could not prove you wrong.
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 1348 Pts
    @ethang5

If you look deep enough you'll even find news sources on the internet about how lizard people are ruling this world in secret.

The moral of the story is don't believe everything you read my friend.

Atheism is not a religion and never has been and that's a fact.
    AlofRI

• AlofRIAlofRI 631 Pts
    @Rickyd, It's a free country, mostly, at least for the next 6 months, so you can say what you think, regardless of how insignificant it is. And it IS insignificant. It's really not even worth proving you wrong. A fitting quote would be "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately described as stupidity." (I think Robt. Hanson or Hadlow, no matter, it fits.) 
    Here I would not think you "inadequate" by any means. ;-)
  • SandSand 164 Pts
    I would say that Atheism is a religion.
    Here is my proof:

MayCeaser quoted - Merriam-Webster dictionary about Religion.

4: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith
    The word faith is the issue.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faith

Definition of faith

1a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty
    //lost faith in the company's president
    b(1) : fidelity to one's promises
    (2) : sincerity of intentions
    //acted in good faith
    2a(1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God
    (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion
    b(1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof
    //clinging to the faith that her missing son would one day return
    (2) : complete trust
    3 : something that is believed especially with strong conviction especially : a system of religious beliefs the Protestant faith

Atheism claims there is no God.
    In that statement, there is no religion.
    But when questioned about their understanding of life's origin, the evolution of the species is the answer.
    This is a belief in which there is no proof.
    By taking a side in the discussion without proof a person constitutes themselves as a religion (a system of beliefs).

A number of religious people (not all) tend to attribute religious labels to Atheists for some reason or another. But the fact still remains that in its purest form an Atheist is just someone that doesn't follow any theistic religion. The clue is actually in the name (A-Theist); not Athe-ist).
    AlofRI

• 1.Atheism does not exist in a world full of Spiritual expieriences and the spiritual reality that Jesus Christ is God.

Please see post: scientifically explain video footage of spirits and pictures

2. Jesus Christs Ressurection is Public Record on LOC.GOV

Atheism is rather a term of subterfuge.

It's a term used to confuse Christians that atheists instead are their enemy's , those who practice witchcraft.

1. If you look at a druids medicine wheel and trace back the practices of witch's , the medicine man, witch doctors and look up the word occult in the medical dictionary scientists all realize there's a spiritual reality and practice magic.

1. Since the spirit lives in the body they do drugs to destabilize the body so as to have a spiritual effect or expierience.

Atheists are simply liars. If you do research and trace back the word to scientist and witch you'll see the practices or no different, just the name.

A witch's broth is the same thing as a vaccine.

Happy_Killbot
  • ethang5ethang5 227 Pts
    @ZeusAres42

Believe it or not, atheist churches on the rise deep in the heart of Texas ...

OK. I'll be sure to alert the atheists at atheist church services.
    ZeusAres42xlJ_dolphin_473

While there might be some bizarre people in the US or other rare corners of the world that do things like create nonsensical atheist churches that still don't change what a true atheist is which is someone that doesn't adhere to theistic religion. The clue is in the name atheist coming from greek A-Theos. A- = Without and Theos = God.

And let's face, they've even got people in certain parts of the USA that pray to Aliens and have Alien Churches.

In short, what some bizarre people might do still doesn't change the factual definition of what an Atheist actually is.

• AlofRIAlofRI 631 Pts
    Actually, what difference does it make? YOU can call it what YOU want, we can call it what WE want. If you think it's a religion, I couldn't care less. you can call me a Christian if you want, it won't make me angry .... won't make it truth, either. You can say I worship Satan .... same thing. You can call me a murderer, some have because I believe abortion is often necessary, or the best choice. You can say I'm sure to end up in hell. We disagree. (Again). You can say I'm a terrible person, but, then MANY will disagree ... (and a very few MAY agree ;-) 

This whole post I would say is "actually", completely useless malice to any atheists. We know what we are, and we're not what you think ... at least the vast majority of us. :love: Due to the prevalence of posts of this type, the following quote is fast becoming one of my favorites:

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately described as stupidity."  Debra doesn't like it too much, but, it IS a meaningful statement.

• edited May 3
    RickeyD said:
    The facade of "Atheism" is comprised of the fearful, those lacking relevant knowledge and suffering from an untenable psychosis. Atheists worship at the throne of nihilism-atheism-moral relativism-naturalism yet their impotent philosophy cannot explain origin of matter-Time-Life; atheism can't explain meaning of life; the atheist fails to explain the necessity of morality that has been infused within our heart; the atheist has no clue relevant to destiny upon death of the body. The atheist worships inferences and suppositions initiated by "men" as fearful and scared and eternally impotent as them self; the atheist idolizes demonic representatives like Dawkins, Harris, Ra, Hitchens, Gervais, while permitting these mindless nitwits to direct them to the portal to Hell.

Atheists refuse to think for themselves and ponder the possibilities that I might just be right and that there is a life and a purpose shouting at us if one will just pursue that purpose in faith with a heart that is willing to believe. But the atheist remains in impotence, a dark corner of solitude that is actually a prison that will consume the atheist in death and destroy their soul in Hell because they would not approach our Creator, Jesus Christ, His way and seek Him for the answers to the most relevant and important and eternal mysteries of this life. This is spiritual death and a mental illness defined and every atheist is an example of the spiritually deceived and hopeless in both Time and Eternity. Entering the Portal to Hell because one refuses to study and seek Truth is certainly an untenable psychosis and a tragedy with eternal ramifications - this is atheism!

Hi R D.

You seem to have ignored the stats that show just how more moral than non-believers are compared to believers.

If you need more to know that where there is less belief, there is less unlawfulness and disharmony.

Now that I refuted your unqualified statement and qualified mine, get some stats to match mine or be seen as a liar.

"suffering from an untenable psychosis."

This professor attribute religions to a mental condition. I bet you have nothing to back up your statement.

Since following an ideology is a prerequisite of religion, atheism can be considered a religion, since atheists draws on philosophical ideologies to guide ideas, behaviors, and actions, like that of any religion. That is why atheist churches are called atheist churches.

You just dislike that their ideology make your genocidal god's ideology look satanic by comparison.

Are you going to put meat on your bone of garbage, or just run away?

Regards
    DL
    AlofRI
  • MayCaesar said:
    From Merriam-Webster:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/religion
    Definition of religion
    1 a: the state of a religious
       b (1): the service and worship of God or the supernatural
          (2): commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
    2: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
    archaic : scrupulous conformity : CONSCIENTIOUSNESS
    4: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith
    Atheism does not involve god/supernatural and faith, hence is not a religion. I have proven you wrong, my friend!

Definitions are becoming a dogs breakfast. Check this out.

Atheists Are Sometimes More Religious Than Christians
    A new study shows how poorly we understand the beliefs of people who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular.

Americans are deeply religious people—and atheists are no exception. Western Europeans are deeply secular people—and Christians are no exception.

These twin statements are generalizations, but they capture the essence of a fascinating finding in a new study about Christian identity in Western Europe. By surveying almost 25,000 people in 15 countries in the region, and comparing the results with data previously gathered in the U.S., the Pew Research Center discovered three things.

First, researchers confirmed the widely known fact that, overall, Americans are much more religious than Western Europeans. They gauged religious commitment using standard questions, including “Do you believe in God with absolute certainty?” and “Do you pray daily?”

Second, the researchers found that American “nones”—those who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular—are more religious than European nones. The notion that religiously unaffiliated people can be religious at all may seem contradictory, but if you disaffiliate from organized religion it does not necessarily mean you’ve sworn off belief in God, say, or prayer.

The third finding reported in the study is by far the most striking. As it turns out, “American ‘nones’ are as religious as—or even more religious than—Christians in several European countries, including France, Germany, and the U.K.”

“That was a surprise,” Neha Sahgal, the lead researcher on the study, told me. “That’s the comparison that’s fascinating to me.” She highlighted the fact that whereas only 23 percent of European Christians say they believe in God with absolute certainty, 27 percent of American nones say this.

America is a country so suffused with faith that religious attributes abound even among the secular. Consider the rise of “atheist churches,” which cater to Americans who have lost faith in supernatural deities but still crave community, enjoy singing with others, and want to think deeply about morality. It’s religion, minus all the God stuff. This is a phenomenon spreading across the country, from the Seattle Atheist Church to the North Texas Church of Freethought. The Oasis Network, which brings together non-believers to sing and learn every Sunday morning, has affiliates in nine U.S. cities.

Last month, almost 1,000 people streamed into a [Atheist] church in San Francisco for an unprecedented event billed as “Beyoncé Mass.” Most were people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. Many were secular. They used Queen Bey’s songs, which are replete with religious symbolism, as the basis for a communal celebration—one that had all the trappings of a religious service. That seemed completely fitting to some, including one reverend who said, “Beyoncé is a better theologian than many of the pastors and priests in our church today.”
    https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...theists-religious-european-christians/560936/

Since following an ideology is a prerequisite of religion, atheism can be considered a religion, since atheists draws on philosophical ideologies to guide ideas, behaviors, and actions, like that of any religion. That is why atheist churches are called atheist churches.

Regards
    DL
  • Rickey, go home you’re drunk. Atheism is the ABSENCE OF RELIGION THEREFORE IT CANNOT BE A RELIGION. 
    The Prefix A: “ prefix meaning "not, without," from Greek.”* The Suffix Theism: “ word-forming element meaning "belief (of a specified kind) in God, a god, or gods."* 

Also, what makes you think Atheists are the fearful ones? It seems that Theists (that’s a big word Rickey, it means people who believe in god) are the fearful and cowardly ones as they cower in fear from the threat of “God’s Wrath” and “Eternal Suffering.”

What are all th0 eatheist churches that are popping up everywhere?

Regards
    DL
  • @ethang5

If you look deep enough you'll even find news sources on the internet about how lizard people are ruling this world in secret.

The moral of the story is don't believe everything you read my friend.

What is this?

Regards
    DL
  • ethang5ethang5 227 Pts
    @GnosticChristian

If you're supposed to be arguing against the OP's claim, you're doing it wrong.
    GnosticChristian

I am just going to repeat what I said to another user as you appear to be making the same mistake:

While there might be some bizarre people in the US or other rare corners of the world that do things like create nonsensical atheist churches that still don't change what a true atheist is which is someone that doesn't adhere to theistic religion. The clue is in the name atheist coming from greek A-Theos. A- = Without and Theos = God.

And let's face, they've even got people in certain parts of the USA that pray to Aliens and have Alien Churches.

In short, what some bizarre people might do still doesn't change the factual definition of what an Atheist actually is.

Anyone can do anything and call themselves anything and it doesn't even have to make sense. The true definitions of terms, however, remain unchanged. It's a mistake to assume that because some people are doing something somewhere and then attaching labels to themselves apparently change the true definition of those terms.

GnosticChristian

• Anyone can do anything and call themselves anything and it doesn't even have to make sense. The true definitions of terms, however, remain unchanged. It's a mistake to assume that because some people are doing something somewhere and then attaching labels to themselves apparently change the true definition of those terms.

I agree and that is why I gave May Caesar that longish definition link. It is becoming a dog's breakfast and that is why I use ideology for all belief systems.

Regards
    DL
  • ethang5ethang5 227 Pts
    @ZeusAres42

*While there might be some bizarre people in the US or other rare corners of the world that do things like create nonsensical atheist churches that still don't change what a true atheist is...

Lol. Like no true Scotsman? What ever a "true" atheist is to you, we know how atheists behave. They behave exactly like religious zealots. Especially on religion boards.

*The clue is in the name atheist coming from greek A-Theos. A- = Without and Theos = God.

They may be without a belief in God, but they aren't empty shells. They do have beliefs. For people who say they have no beliefs, atheists are very predictable.

Atheists do not worship the Christian God, but that doesn't mean they don't worship a god. They may not be aware that they have made scientists their high priests, and evolution their religious doctrine.

This is why some of them see no cognitive dissonance in the concept of an atheist church. You guys are here everyday evangelizing, preaching the same message over and over, just like a devout Jehovah witness.

Desperate to win over the theist to your "religion". If you think God is imaginary, why do you care? What motivates you to argue and insult strangers online day after day for years?

Save your definitions, we have your behavior. You may not be aware of it, but you are in a cult.
    GnosticChristian
    edited May 4

Nope, it's a not no true Scotsman at all by pointing out the correct definition of something and correcting your error by thinking what some people do changes the definition. You keep making the definition fallacy. No matter how you spin it Atheism is a lack of belief or disbelief in God or Gods, and that is the factual definition. I am quite surprised you not getting this as I was beginning to think you were one of the more informed Theists.
    Plaffelvohfen

• ethang5 said:
    @ZeusAres42

*While there might be some bizarre people in the US or other rare corners of the world that do things like create nonsensical atheist churches that still don't change what a true atheist is...

Lol. Like no true Scotsman? What ever a "true" atheist is to you, we know how atheists behave. They behave exactly like religious zealots. Especially on religion boards.

*The clue is in the name atheist coming from greek A-Theos. A- = Without and Theos = God.

They may be without a belief in God, but they aren't empty shells. They do have beliefs. For people who say they have no beliefs, atheists are very predictable.

Atheists do not worship the Christian God, but that doesn't mean they don't worship a god. They may not be aware that they have made scientists their high priests, and evolution their religious doctrine.

This is why some of them see no cognitive dissonance in the concept of an atheist church. You guys are here everyday evangelizing, preaching the same message over and over, just like a devout Jehovah witness.

Desperate to win over the theist to your "religion". If you think God is imaginary, why do you care? What motivates you to argue and insult strangers online day after day for years?

Save your definitions, we have your behavior. You may not be aware of it, but you are in a cult.
    Nicely done.

You surprise the hell out of me.

I see most of your criticism as aiming at both polarized sides.

The one difference is that your polarised cult is mostly populated by moral cowards and that is why religions are shrinking and dying.

You and your friends cannot do decent apologetics for your genocidal god and his fascist homophobic and misogynous religion.

Mention morals to a Christian and they slink away, after an appropriate gratuitous insult, of course. 

Regards
    DL

Nope, it's not  no true Scotsman at all by pointing out the correct definition of something and correcting your error by thinking what some people do changes the definition. You keep making the definition fallacy. No matter how you spin it Atheism is a lack of belief or disbelief in God or gods, and that is the factual definition.

GnosticChristianPlaffelvohfen

• ethang5ethang5 227 Pts
    @ZeusAres42

*You keep making the definition fallacy.

I am not talking about a definition, I'm talking about people. I'm not defining anything.

And just like an atheist, you dodge every question in my post showing the blatant discrepancy between your book definition and actual atheist behavior on the board.

Your definition tells us what atheists are not, I'm talking about what atheists are.
    ethang5 said:
    @ZeusAres42

*You keep making the definition fallacy.

I am not talking about a definition, I'm talking about people. I'm not defining anything.

And just like an atheist, you dodge every question in my post showing the blatant discrepancy between your book definition and actual atheist behavior on the board.

Your definition tells us what atheists are not, I'm talking about what atheists are.
    I wasn't aware of any questions you asked me. Maybe I missed them?

As for what atheists are well they comprise of a multiverse of individuals all with different views and perspectives. The one they all have in common though is that they either lack a belief or disbelieve in God or god.

Fyi, if god exist he too would be an atheist as he wouldn't believe in any higher creator and he would deny such if questioned.

• ethang5ethang5 227 Pts
    @GnosticChristian

*Nicely done.

Thanks. I do try.

*You surprise the hell out of me.

Really?

*I see most of your criticism as aiming at both polarized sides.

Is that not how it should be?

*The one difference is that your polarised cult is mostly populated by moral cowards and that is why religions are shrinking and dying.

My grass is not as green as yours huh? Lol. Religion is not shrinking homer, that is only how it looks to snowflakes tucked in their little atheist bubbles.

There are more Christians today than at any time in the past. We have grown. And even if we had not, I doubt moral cowardance would be the reason.

*you and your friends cannot do decent apologetics for your genocidal god and his fascist homophobic and misogynous religion.

If you're the judge of "descent", then no, we can't. But there remain several posts of mine you dodged. But maybe it wasn't the "descent apologetics" in them that caused you to run away.

*Mention morals to a Christian and they slink away, after an appropriate gratuitous insult, of course. 

Lol. Your insults are never gratuitous of course. Moral cowards are those who dodge questions and only want to vent their biased hatred instead of having a dialog.

Do you have a mirror handy?
    GnosticChristian
  • JamesJames 8 Pts
    @RickeyD I disagree the fact is as a christian, you do not understand the mind of an atheist. The argument for atheism is the fact that there is no proof of god. Now this doesn't discourage your beliefs in a creator or god of some kind. The simple truth is we can never know for sure. My argument is christians are cowardly, I have concluded this on the fact religion is a way to cope with the fact that when you die, it all goes black. Very scary to think about. When you say atheists are cowardly you suggest that the fact they believe in no afterlife is not terrifying when you think of how infinite the universe is, and how small and insignificant we are in reality. Many hundreds of thousands of religions have existed throughout human history. What makes yours so different? Anyway the fact is I could never agree with your point because I am biased with my beliefs, and even if you won't admit it so are you. Also the oldest carbon dated bible was written hundreds of years after the so called son of god. I bet you didn't know this but humans who had power in that time and in this one can be very corrupt. Many things so strongly instilled into christians were most likely just the ideas of some religious figure and they could've put them onto your god to justify there own beliefs. Simply here to debate not trying to knock down your conclusions, but I figured That I might as well share mine. 
    GnosticChristian

• Nope, it's not  no true Scotsman at all by pointing out the correct definition of something and correcting your error by thinking what some people do changes the definition. You keep making the definition fallacy. No matter how you spin it Atheism is a lack of belief or disbelief in God or gods, and that is the factual definition.

Atheists name their gathering places churches. Not me.

Supernatural beliefs are for the .

Regards
    DL 
  • ethang5 said:

Lol. Your insults are never gratuitous of course. Moral cowards are those who dodge questions and only want to vent their biased hatred instead of having a dialog.

Do you have a mirror handy?
    Now that this garbage is out of the way, care to see if you are a moral coward or not?

On Jesus dying for you.

It takes quite an  inflated ego to think a god would actually die for you, after condemning you unjustly in the first place.

You have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil you make Jesus to keep your feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

You also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7  None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that you would teach your children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fibre as Yahweh. 

Let's see your apologetics on the morality or immorality of you trying to profit from an innocent man's death.

Regards

DL

Nope, it's not  no true Scotsman at all by pointing out the correct definition of something and correcting your error by thinking what some people do changes the definition. You keep making the definition fallacy. No matter how you spin it Atheism is a lack of belief or disbelief in God or gods, and that is the factual definition.

Regards
    DL 

And that makes Atheism a religion does it? I hardly think so.
    PlaffelvohfenGnosticChristianJesusisGod777888

• Nope, it's not  no true Scotsman at all by pointing out the correct definition of something and correcting your error by thinking what some people do changes the definition. You keep making the definition fallacy. No matter how you spin it Atheism is a lack of belief or disbelief in God or gods, and that is the factual definition.

Regards
    DL 

And that makes Atheism a religion does it? I hardly think so.
    So go argue your point with the appropriate atheists.

I am not one and am just showing you what they think so.

Atheists Are Sometimes More Religious Than Christians
    A new study shows how poorly we understand the beliefs of people who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular.

Americans are deeply religious people—and atheists are no exception. Western Europeans are deeply secular people—and Christians are no exception.

These twin statements are generalizations, but they capture the essence of a fascinating finding in a new study about Christian identity in Western Europe. By surveying almost 25,000 people in 15 countries in the region, and comparing the results with data previously gathered in the U.S., the Pew Research Center discovered three things.

First, researchers confirmed the widely known fact that, overall, Americans are much more religious than Western Europeans. They gauged religious commitment using standard questions, including “Do you believe in God with absolute certainty?” and “Do you pray daily?”

Second, the researchers found that American “nones”—those who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular—are more religious than European nones. The notion that religiously unaffiliated people can be religious at all may seem contradictory, but if you disaffiliate from organized religion it does not necessarily mean you’ve sworn off belief in God, say, or prayer.

The third finding reported in the study is by far the most striking. As it turns out, “American ‘nones’ are as religious as—or even more religious than—Christians in several European countries, including France, Germany, and the U.K.”

“That was a surprise,” Neha Sahgal, the lead researcher on the study, told me. “That’s the comparison that’s fascinating to me.” She highlighted the fact that whereas only 23 percent of European Christians say they believe in God with absolute certainty, 27 percent of American nones say this.

America is a country so suffused with faith that religious attributes abound even among the secular. Consider the rise of “atheist churches,” which cater to Americans who have lost faith in supernatural deities but still crave community, enjoy singing with others, and want to think deeply about morality. It’s religion, minus all the God stuff. This is a phenomenon spreading across the country, from the Seattle Atheist Church to the North Texas Church of Freethought. The Oasis Network, which brings together non-believers to sing and learn every Sunday morning, has affiliates in nine U.S. cities.

Last month, almost 1,000 people streamed into a [Atheist] church in San Francisco for an unprecedented event billed as “Beyoncé Mass.” Most were people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. Many were secular. They used Queen Bey’s songs, which are replete with religious symbolism, as the basis for a communal celebration—one that had all the trappings of a religious service. That seemed completely fitting to some, including one reverend who said, “Beyoncé is a better theologian than many of the pastors and priests in our church today.”
    https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...theists-religious-european-christians/560936/

Regards
    DL
    PlaffelvohfenDeeZeusAres42ethang5
  • DeeDee 1905 Pts
    edited May 5
    @ZeusAres42

Here is the hypocrite @ethang5 telling another Christian...... Of course you will insist otherwise, but you are in a cult.

Anyone not in his church is obviously not a “true “ Christian according to Mr Angry .....Thus committing what he accuses everyone of using .....The No True Scotsman Fallacy 

ZeusAres42
  • ethang5ethang5 227 Pts
    edited May 6
    @GnosticChristian

*Now that this garbage is out of the way, care to see if you are a moral coward or not?

I already know you are from all the questions you dodged in my posts to you.

*On Jesus dying for you. It takes quite an  inflated ego to think a god would actually die for you,

Lol. That must be why I wrote that He did in the bible. Talk about an inflated ego!

*after condemning you unjustly in the first place.

God has never condemned me. Reality doesn't reside between your ears homer.

*You have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil you make Jesus to keep your feel good get out of hell free card.

And yet I'm not the one stalking an atheist board and insulting strangers there.

*It is a lie, first and foremost because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

Who is the other "innocent person" someone had suffer for wrongs I'd done? Who is this someone? You don't even know what Christianity teaches, but you oppose what you don't know.

*To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

So when did I commit this immorality? Because this God died for me 2,000 years before I was born. D'oh!

*You also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Jesus verified this verse. My soul did die. That is why Jesus calls me born again. I must die and be recreated to be born again. Would you like verses showing I am a newly created creature?

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Heads up, but this is Jesus talking. And Jesus was not " put to death". Wouldn't it be better if you knew what you oppose?

Psa 49;7  None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

So is God Himself included in the "them" mentioned?

*There is no way that you would teach your children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are doing just that.

Your ignorant take on Christian doctrine is not reality homer. No one uses "Jesus", and no one "escapes" their sin.

*Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fibre as Yahweh.

Lol. You can parade your broken moral compass as much as you like, all that tells us is that you have the morality of a hyena.

*Let's see your apologetics on the morality or immorality of you trying to profit from an innocent man's death.

Let's see you answer some questions to your little bitter diatribe. You will dodge the ones above, and dodge any others I ask you.

Why? Because besides venom and bile, you are empty. Vacuous. All you can do is spit accusations you pretend are facts. You are empty.

Here, I'll leave you with this gem. It should help the confusion in your head, for this is Rabbi Jesus Himself speaking...

Jhn 10:9 - “I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
    Jhn 10:11 - “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
    Jhn 10:17 - “Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again.

Unchecked Copy BoxJhn 10:18 - “No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.

You know nothing Jon Snow!

GnosticChristian
  • ethang5ethang5 227 Pts
    @Dee

*Here is the hypocrite @ethang5 ;telling another Christian...

How do you know he's a christian homer?

*Of course you will insist otherwise, but you are in a cult.

*Anyone not in his church is obviously not a “true “ Christian

You got all that from one answer to one person? If logical leaps were an Olympic sport, you'd be a gold medal winner.

*according to Mr Angry ....

I've always wanted to ask one of you dweebs this. When you park on a religion board and insult the beliefs of strangers, do you think you seem well adjusted to us? Do you really not see your own vitriol? What exactly other than anger should our reaction be to your ignorant insults on whom we love?

*Thus committing what he accuses everyone of using .....The No True Scotsman Fallacy

Right, because the word "cult" has no meaning, and what a person believes is unrelated to whether they are Christian.

Scotsmen must first and formost, be Scots. Since I'm not a biased atheist, I don't need to accept every claim of being a Christian to suit my lame worldview. Words have meanings.
    GnosticChristian
  • ethang5ethang5 227 Pts
    @GnosticChristian

*Consider the rise of “atheist churches,” which cater to Americans who have lost faith in supernatural deities but still crave community, enjoy singing with others, and want to think deeply about morality. It’s religion, minus all the God stuff. 

Not really minus all the God stuff, it's just minus all the Christian God stuff. Every one of them there had a god,  Beyoncé for some, and themselves for most.
    GnosticChristian
  • DeeDee 1905 Pts
    edited May 6
    @ethang5

More hypocrisy from Mr Angry ethang5 who is asking why atheists attempt to insult  the continuous hate campaign addressed at them .....
    @ethang5

***I've always wanted to ask one of you dweebs this. When you park on a religion board and insult the beliefs of strangers, do you think you seem well adjusted to us? Do you really not see your own vitriol? What exactly other than anger should our reaction be to your ignorant insults @ethang5

LOL Mr Angry asking why an Atheist would address an attack on them as it’s insulting to him and other “Christians “ ......you really are a st-pid c-nt 

Atheism is a religion comprised of the cowardly, the fearful, the defiled. Prove me wrong?
    in 

Here is the hypocrite @ethang5 telling another Christian...... Of course you will insist otherwise, but you are in a cult.

Anyone not in his church is obviously not a “true “ Christian according to Mr Angry .....Thus committing what he accuses everyone of using .....The No True Scotsman Fallacy 

GnosticChristian
  • ethang5 said:
    @GnosticChristian

*Consider the rise of “atheist churches,” which cater to Americans who have lost faith in supernatural deities but still crave community, enjoy singing with others, and want to think deeply about morality. It’s religion, minus all the God stuff. 

Not really minus all the God stuff, it's just minus all the Christian God stuff. Every one of them there had a god,  Beyoncé for some, and themselves for most.
    Your god is not the only one that is shunned, but go ahead and think so.

Your last seems to not like that we think the way Jesus said we should. Strange that.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Regards
    DL

• I wonder what our friend would respond to ----

Christianity is a religion comprised of the cowardly, the fearful, the defiled. Prove me wrong?

What would you respond to such a troll of an O.P, Homer?

Regards
    DL
    Dee
  • DeeDee 1905 Pts
    @GnosticChristian

He would end up flying into a rage as usual it’s all he ever does , he’s a bitter troll who hates everyone who doesn’t agree with his rants 
    GnosticChristian
  • DeeDee 1905 Pts
    @GnosticChristian

He would end up flying into a rage as usual it’s all he ever does .....Mr Angry 
    GnosticChristian
  • ethang5ethang5 227 Pts
    @Dee

Who are you talking to homer? Your lame post is addressed to me but you seem to be preaching to your boys and repeating your dumb spam.

Posting stupidity again will not make it true or intelligent.

This is a religion board homer, no one forced you here. You came here with vitriol and you are getting treated like the troll you are.

But remember, I like trolls.
  • ethang5ethang5 227 Pts
    edited May 6
    @GnosticChristian

*What would you respond to such a troll of an O.P, Homer?

I would prove him wrong if I disagreed, not complain about insults as I hypocritically insulted others.

But then I'm not a militant atheist troll.
  • ethang5ethang5 227 Pts
    @GnosticChristian

*Your god is not the only one that is shunned,....

He certainly isn't shunned by you dweebs. That's for sure.

*but go ahead and think so.

Thanks. What other things should I think that I didn't say?

*Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

I'll stay with what Jesus says thank you. No offense to you and your worship of Mr. Watts though.
    GnosticChristianpranjalsingh75