Veganism should be enforced by law. - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only online debate website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the leading online debate website. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is utilizing Artifical Intelligence to transform online debating.

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Veganism should be enforced by law.
in Global

By GameTubeGameTube 2 Pts
I know it sounds extreme, but I'll tell you what's extreme, rape, murder, kidnapping, caging, drugging, racism, world hunger, drought, deforestation, climate change, oceanic collapse, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, etc. all for a products we don't need! Not just the torture and murder of animals, which should be the main reason, but also the wildlife collapse and human health and hunger, does taste justify torture, death, and even the end of the world?
DavidKashlinskyall4acttRadishes_are_GodsPlaffelvohfenSohnJoseKristinEmbly

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• GameTube said:
    I know it sounds extreme, but I'll tell you what's extreme, rape, murder, kidnapping, caging, drugging, racism, world hunger, drought, deforestation, climate change, oceanic collapse, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, etc. all for a products we don't need! Not just the torture and murder of animals, which should be the main reason, but also the wildlife collapse and human health and hunger, does taste justify torture, death, and even the end of the world?

• DeeDee 1903 Pts

Veganism should be enforced by law 

Right , so you believe people should be jailed / fined for eating meat all because you say so
    DavidKashlinskyNopeJosh_DrakePlaffelvohfen
  • WinstonCWinstonC 163 Pts
    @GameTube Heme-iron comes only from meat and is the best absorbed form of iron. In fact, heme-iron even helps to digest the normally poorly absorbed non-heme iron from plants and vitamin tablets. As such, if you want to have good iron levels, meat/fish is essential. If you enforce veganism you will be negatively effecting everyone's health and you will actually cause the deaths of people who are already anemic.

This is not to mention the wealth of other nutrients that meat provides (many of which are scarce in other sources or only found in meat). Most people's diet is already deficient in many essential micro-nutrients and forbidding the eating of such a good source of micro-nutrients would make this problem even worse.

I do agree with the idea that animals should be kept well, which is why I eat free-range organic products. I do not agree that humans should sacrifice their health by following a sub-optimal diet, however.
  • I believe that meat and milk is part of a healthy natural life style, if we attempt to 'adapt' to veganism we will die out because our species cannot survive like that.
  • roryburkeroryburke 36 Pts
    edited April 16
    What do “rape” and “racism” have to do with eating meat.
    Radishes_are_GodsJosh_DrakePlaffelvohfenDavidKashlinsky
  • You think not allowing people to eat meat would help world hunger...how does that work?
    Josh_Drake
  • People have the freedom and choice to eat what they want.
    Josh_Drake
  • Simple solution:

We forget the whole killing and eating animals idea, and just eat each other. Canabolism is a great way to solve World Hunger and Overpopulation. People around the world will be picked in a  lottery form everyday to see who will be served or not. 
    sweetspicyJosh_DrakePlaffelvohfenDavidKashlinsky
  • Now, Veganism is a GREAT way to help our environment. If people only knew the true destruction we have caused for our high standards of "needs"  they would be amazed. However, is this probable? For cultures around the world, they rely on animals for themselves. The true problem with our world isn't the fact that we consume, its the AMOUNT we consume. There should be a limitation on the amount that we force animals to produce, and what we demand out of our environment. Outlawing our consumption altogether is ridiculous. 
  • maxxmaxx 241 Pts
    i do not think so. we can get all the nutrition needed for the body from non meat sources.  eating meat is a learned behavior. we did not evolve to eat meat, for if we did, then you would gladly eat a live mouse whole or any other animal live. @DavidKashlinsky
    DavidKashlinsky
    @maxx "i do not think so. we can get all the nutrition needed for the body from non meat sources."

An anemic vegetarian friend of mine spent several months in critical condition hospital this year because of his iron deficiency. This is despite being on the strongest iron tablets available that had been prescribed by a doctor. Spread more dangerous disinformation please.

"eating meat is a learned behavior. we did not evolve to eat meat, for if we did, then you would gladly eat a live mouse whole or any other animal live."

Eating beans is a learned behaviour. We did not evolve to eat beans, for if we did then we would gladly eat beans raw.
  • maxxmaxx 241 Pts
    first, we can get a lot of iron in chia seeds, broccoli , seaweed and so on.  same with b-12.  as well many primates do eat raw beans; however there are many plants we do not eat, yet you can't claim because of that, that we did not evolve to eat plants and fruits, and veggies and seeds and such. we do not have fangs, or claws, and any biologist will point out how our digestive system is designed for plant material, instead of meat.  I place an apple in your hand and a live mouse in your other hand. Now which one does your brain tell you to eat? @WinstonC
    @maxx "first, we can get a lot of iron in chia seeds, broccoli , seaweed and so on."

Not heme iron, also my friend had lots of non-heme iron in his diet and as mentioned before was even taking medically prescribed iron supplements.

"same with b-12."

Give me one B12 source that isn't lab-made or artificial.

"as well many primates do eat raw beans"

Many primates eat raw meat.

"there are many plants we do not eat, yet you can't claim because of that, that we did not evolve to eat plants and fruits, and veggies and seeds and such."

I was making fun of your point that we wouldn't eat meat raw. We also would not eat beans or rice raw.

"we do not have fangs"

We have canines designed for ripping and tearing meat.

"any biologist will point out how our digestive system is designed for plant material, instead of meat."

Any biologist will tell you that without eating cooked meat we would not have developed our superior brains (1).

"I place an apple in your hand and a live mouse in your other hand. Now which one does your brain tell you to eat?"

I place raw beans in one hand and a cooked piece of meat in the other, which one does your brain tell you to eat?

Sources:
    (1) https://www.livescience.com/24875-meat-human-brain.html

PlaffelvohfenDavidKashlinsky
  • maxxmaxx 241 Pts
    edited April 21
    heme iron vs normal iron.  look it up.  either one is used by the body. meat eaters, have the highest cancer rates, it leads to diabetes, heart problems, clogged artieries, an so on. b-12 can be found in soy beans, many types of tea leaves, sea weed and mushrooms. i am sure there are more. primates do not go out hunting, they normally eat bugs that crawl on their fur to keep them from crawling back on them. i place beans in the hand of someone who never ate meat before and cooked meat in his other. he's not going to eat the meat. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320047#Once-weve-adapted,-we-can-still-go-back  if you wish to have a higher rate of heart disease and colon cancer by eating meat, go for it.  it is a learned behavior that we got by watching other animals.  your anology with the beans is silly. how about replacing it with lettuce, or carrots or something.  i have done told you there are many plant foods that we can not eat but that doesn't mean we did not evolve to eat them. Have you not even had biology 101 yet? our digestive system is not designed to eat meat!@WinstonC
  • @Maxx , you do realize the fact that meat/milk has lots of proteins and vitamins along with nutrition, stuff that plants cannot offer in such high quantities/concentration, vegans and vegetarians would not thrive (or survive for that matter) without their supplements.
  • maxxmaxx 241 Pts
    i do not agree.  milk has added supplements.  we get vitamin d from the sun.  what is there in meat that we can not get through a veggie lifestlye@DavidKashlinsky
  • @Maxx btw, or you a vegan of vegetarian, and as for a veggie lifestyle, if you don't take supplements, you are at loss of:

Protein

Cholestorol

Some fatty acids

Those are just a few examples.

Also why do you think, Chimpanzees, our closets relatives, eat meat?
  • maxxmaxx 241 Pts
    one can get protein through various plant sources as well as fats that i need, such as nuts and good cholestrol is acquired by eating fresh fruits and vegetables. chimps accquired a small taste for bugs by grooming each other. they would pick them off the fur and instead of tossing them where they would crawl back, they would swallow them. they do not actively hunt for meat. have you not read my posts on the health issues on meat and as well aboiut how we are not designed for eating meat?  please read through my previous replies so i do not have to repeat myself@DavidKashlinsky
  • Plants do not contain them in such high quantity (proteins and cholesterol) not to mention, yes chimpanzees eat meat, because they are omnivores, like us.
    @maxx "heme iron vs normal iron.  look it up.  either one is used by the body."

Non-heme iron is very poorly digested. Heme iron is very easily digested and even improves the digestion of non-heme iron.

"b-12 can be found in soy beans, many types of tea leaves, sea weed and mushrooms"

In very small amounts. Look up the daily RDA for B12 and the amounts per serving in these foods. You have to eat that much per day of that food to get the minimum daily B12. Good luck eating 400g of fermented soybeans every single day (non fermented soybeans have trace amounts of B12). Also, as soy contains phytoestrogen, and will be consuming massive amounts daily, you will experience hormonal changes, potentially including feminization and fertility problems (1).

"primates do not go out hunting"

Yes they do. A simple google search will demonstrate this. Chimpanzees hunt, kill and eat Colobus monkeys, for example.

"i place beans in the hand of someone who never ate meat before and cooked meat in his other. he's not going to eat the meat."

If you say so, cooked meat smells absolutely delicious.

"if you wish to have a higher rate of heart disease and colon cancer by eating meat, go for it."

That's like saying if you want to have higher rates of heart disease then eat fat. The problem with such a statement is that we need fat for our brain to function. Everything is bad in excess.

"how about replacing it with lettuce, or carrots or something"

I'm comparing like for like, because food that needs to be cooked (in this case meat and beans) is unappetizing when uncooked. This does not have any bearing on it's edibility when cooked.

Sources:
    (1) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4270274/
  • maxxmaxx 241 Pts
    again you can get fats by eating nuts,  we can get all the nutrients we need with out meat. have you not been reading?  biologically we are not designed to eat meat. any biologist can prove that. phiscally, mentally or internally.  Perhaps to ypou, the smell of meat is nice but not to everyone. i have known people who stopped eating meat and after a few weeks, the smell of it makes them sick. We are not designed for it..
    what part of that do you no understand. clogged arteries , heart problems, colon, cancer, obesity, and a host of other health issues have been proven to occur by a diet of meat.@WinstonC
    DavidKashlinsky
    edited April 25
    @maxx "again you can get fats by eating nuts,  we can get all the nutrients we need with out meat."

You aren't listening. I was saying that fats are essential, but they also have negative health effects. You were saying meat has negative health effects, however my point is that it's irrelevant because it's essential (e.g. for heme-iron and B12, but there are other benefits).

"biologically we are not designed to eat meat. any biologist can prove that."

Citation needed.

"clogged arteries , heart problems, colon, cancer, obesity, and a host of other health issues"

First of all, that is confounded by the fact that non meat eaters generally eat a lot of fruits, vegetables, nuts etc. which have benefits for the heart, colon, anti cancer effects, etc. The increased eating of fruit and vegetables alone has these effects without eliminating meat.

As for vegan diets, they cause: anemia, cardiovascular problems, strokes, a weakened immune system, harms to brain health, hair loss and depression among other issues.

• maxxmaxx 241 Pts
  • maxxmaxx 241 Pts
    edited April 25
    https://eraoflight.com/2019/12/16/humans-are-not-designed-to-eat-meat-leading-microbiome-scientist-explains/  as well. i would like to see you using your so called plant eating teeth tearing through the tough hide of a live cow. you believe we evolved to eat meat simply because you like it, not because of evidence; in fact the evidence points the contrary yet you fail to accept it.  read the links.  5 minutes each.  the second one shows the digestive system proof. @WinstonC
    @maxx "https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/human-ancestors-were-nearly-all-vegetarians/"

No study is cited in this link.

"https://eraoflight.com/2019/12/16/humans-are-not-designed-to-eat-meat-leading-microbiome-scientist-explains/"

To quote this article:
    "Recent advances in technology and science have discovered that microscopic fossils of plant foods are abundant at various sites of ancient humans, indicating a vegan diet."
    You're a smart enough fellow, does the presence of plant foods indicate a vegan diet, or that plant food was but one of the foods that were eaten?

Further, the link provides a picture "analysis" of teeth of different primates, and yet no comment is made on the fact that the herbivore teeth set lacks canines while humans do not. Finally, it claims that choline is bad for omnivore health, despite the fact that choline intake is essential for human brain health.

"you believe we evolved to eat meat simply because you like it, not because of evidence;"

Look, if you want to eat a diet that is deficient in essential nutrients (as outlined in my posts above) go for it. Trying to tell other people that they should do it too is irresponsible.
    DavidKashlinsky
  • maxxmaxx 241 Pts
    edited April 26
    i just provided you with evidence; the link about the digestive system alone should sway most people; as well as the negative health issues.  you only eat meat because you like the taste; not because it is healthy. once again and i am not making it up and it has been proven.  meat contributes to heart problems, obesity, clogged arteries, high cholesterol, colon cancer and other cancers due to the high amount of carcinogens in meat. This all has been proven by science and health organizations. you seem to know little about cellular nutrition as well as nutrition in general; cells require the vitamins and minerals from raw live foods in order to survive not red meat. in fact red meat is bad for cells. perhaps you should study cellular nutrition for a few months, a good in-depth study of it. @WinstonC
    DavidKashlinsky
  • When it comes to meat, I think it’s an essential part of living. Protein is an important part of diets and yes you can get it in other resources but not as much as in chicken or beef. It also ties into population. If we didn’t kill animals (I hate killing them and I wouldn’t do it myself, but it’s a way of life), the world would be completely different and the food chain would change and it could possibly go down hill.