Is Covid-19 real and threatening to health, or is this a government plot? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only online debate website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the leading online debate website. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is utilizing Artifical Intelligence to transform online debating.

Is Covid-19 real and threatening to health, or is this a government plot?
in Global

By sweetspicysweetspicy 18 Pts
Josh_Drake

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• COVID 19 is real. More than 100 thousand people have died across the globe because of the spread of this pandemic. It threatens the security as well as health of people across the world
    AlofRIpiloteerJosh_DrakexlJ_dolphin_473MyCatIsCute
  • AlofRIAlofRI 733 Pts
    If it IS a government plot, it's a Chinese Government plot that likely got away from them. THIS government had nothing to do with it …. except allowing it to get worse by stupidity and ego!
    Josh_Drake
  • AlofRIAlofRI 733 Pts
    If it IS a government plot, it's a Chinese Government plot that likely got away from them. THIS government had nothing to do with it …. except allowing it to get worse by stupidity and ego!
    Josh_Drake
  • AlofRIAlofRI 733 Pts
    If it IS a government plot, it's a Chinese Government plot that likely got away from them. THIS government had nothing to do with it …. except allowing it to get worse by st*****ty and ego!
    Josh_Drake
  • AlofRIAlofRI 733 Pts
    I don't know what happened here . sorry.
    piloteerJosh_DrakexlJ_dolphin_473MyCatIsCute
  • piloteerpiloteer 839 Pts
    @AlofRI

It happens to me all the time.
    AlofRIxlJ_dolphin_473
  • WinstonCWinstonC 177 Pts
    I'm certain that Covid-19 is real. That said, the mortality rates are over-exaggerated. Those with mild or no symptoms are not going to appear on the numbers. Furthermore, if someone dies while they have Covid-19 they are counted as a Covid-19 death.
    Josh_Drake
  • AlofRIAlofRI 733 Pts
    WinstonC said:
    I'm certain that Covid-19 is real. That said, the mortality rates are over-exaggerated. Those with mild or no symptoms are not going to appear on the numbers. Furthermore, if someone dies while they have Covid-19 they are counted as a Covid-19 death.
    I would say they are UNDER-exaggerated. We have (despite the administrations talk), only tested about 1% of OUR population. And, no. My daughter is a nurse. they are only counted as a Covid-19 death if they die WITH Covid-19. It may be the trigger for an "existing condition" that they actually die from, but, they would likely not have died from that, at this time, if they hadn't contacted the virus. Not blaming it on the virus, then, is like saying "It was the bullet that killed him … not the guy that pulled the trigger!"
    MyCatIsCute
    @AlofRI "they are only counted as a Covid-19 death if they die WITH Covid-19."

That's what I said.

"It may be the trigger for an "existing condition" that they actually die from, but, they would likely not have died from that, at this time, if they hadn't contacted the virus."

Not if they have a heart attack, for but one example.

In my estimation, my strongest point here is that fact that the people going to hospital are the most extreme cases, which leads the numbers to not include the mild and symptom-less cases. This leads to a higher estimated mortality rate than what is actually the case.
    Josh_DrakeMyCatIsCute
  • AlofRIAlofRI 733 Pts
    WinstonC said:
    @AlofRI "they are only counted as a Covid-19 death if they die WITH Covid-19."

That's what I said.

"It may be the trigger for an "existing condition" that they actually die from, but, they would likely not have died from that, at this time, if they hadn't contacted the virus."

Not if they have a heart attack, for but one example.

In my estimation, my strongest point here is that fact that the people going to hospital are the most extreme cases, which leads the numbers to not include the mild and symptom-less cases. This leads to a higher estimated mortality rate than what is actually the case.
    Struggling hard to breath CAN and DOES bring on heart attacks.
    edited April 27
    @AlofRI Yes but not in milder cases.
    Josh_DrakeAlofRI
  • It is a plot of nature. (on a lighter note) But yes, it is serious and people are dying. However, panic is more than its danger. People are not dying only because of coronavirus but they are dying because they are not being able to get basic facilities of health due to this virus. Like surgeries of many residents of US old home people are being postponed and they are dying because they are not being treated.

Fear is also another factor which is playing the role of master in this. Poor economic condition is also people sick in many regions of the world. 
    Josh_Drake
  • PCOSPCOS 2 Pts
    "Die with COVID-19" means have a "positive test".   But the tests are so inconsistent, and different across the board, you can be positive by one test, and negative by another.   FDA gave 33 emergency test licenses and they all test in different ways.  NONE of them test for the entire virus RNA strand.  They look for genetic footprints that are less than 1% of the entire virus's genetic structure.     You have over 20 positive tests around the world with NO originating source.  Cant figure out how they "got it".  There are NO clear symptoms.  The list of symptoms are just a catch all.  
  • People are dying and hence the covid thing is true for sure. But the government is also doing some hushing up of the facts and using it as a bet to win votes(I am talking about India). But it can't possibly be said as a government plot in my opinion. It will be more correct to say that the government is taking full advantage of the covid-19 situation.
    Lover, hunter, friend and enemy
    You will always be every one of these
    Nothing's fair in love and war.
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 1443 Pts
    I can see how some people may think like this due to the fear mongering media who are merely just after clicks and views.
    MyCatIsCute