frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Best Ideas to Lose Weight in Quarantine?

Debate Information

Greetings!

In this lockdown, I have almost gained 3-4 kgs of extra weight. I want to clarify that I am not a person who does gym. Maybe I am not doing much physical activity in quarantine as compared to normal life and burning fewer calories. Similarly, daily intake of calories is also high in these days. What should I do to lose weight? Even I don't only want to miss these 3-4 kgs but want to overcome it from 7-9kgs in this quarantine. 

A few days ago, I started low carbs diet, but it didn't work and made me physically sick. Now, I am thinking to use any of low calories meal kits like these. Do you think these kinds of meals are reliable enough to lose weight? I am also planning to start workouts from here, but many of researches say that workouts reshape our body and its diet, which helps to lose weight. What are your views in this regard? 

Moreover, what are your views about the Keto diet? Would it be a useful tool? You can also share your experiences. I am waiting for your suggestions. 

ale5

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Research shows that people who count calories and exercise tend be the most successful for losing weight.

During this quartine I've lost a stone in just over two months, waist size down from over 40 to now 38 all by making sure I don't overdo it on consuming too many  calories and exercising everyday. I also gave up alcohol which helped.

I've been walking up hills everyday and running 3 times a week but I did build up to it slowly. In the next weeks I'm going to introduce more resistance training into my regime.

I don't know much about your own situation and it might be a good idea to speak to your doctor before starting any exercise or diet program.

As for the keto diet I've heard a.lot of negative views about that and from medical experts. 

BonitaVanhooser

• BonitaVanhooserBonitaVanhooser 137 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42 It sounds great then you managed to lose some weight in quarantine. I started with very low carbs diet but it stressed me too much. Even it leads to stubbornness. Now, I am planning to start some cardio and dividing my meals into small ones. I think stairs could be an alternate of hill walks. What do you say?
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 988 Pts   -  
    @BonitaVanhooser. I find the easiest way is to do 16:8 intermittent fasting.  I know a lot of people this works for, and its great because you dont have to watch what you eat, mostly it keeps me from snacking at night.  What I do is skip breakfast and wait till lunch I then eat dinner and stop eating after.  During your fasting period you can only drink water, some green teas (no sugar) or black coffee.

The point is your body takes about 12 hours to go into ketosis (the fat burning stage). Anytime you eat it spikes your insulin and now you body is trying to digest the carbs.  If you can do just a little cardio, or some workout during fasting it helps even more.  I think burpees with a pushup is a great exercise you can do at home.
    Plaffelvohfen
  • @ZeusAres42 It sounds great then you managed to lose some weight in quarantine. I started with very low carbs diet but it stressed me too much. Even it leads to stubbornness. Now, I am planning to start some cardio and dividing my meals into small ones. I think stairs could be an alternate of hill walks. What do you say?

I'm not really a fan of low carb diets or other special diest. I believe the best way to lose weight and be healthy is to have a balanced diet and exercise. With that being said, I have skipped out refined carbs for myself. I've also started running for solid blocks of time now. Will be eventually 30 minute runs 3 times a week. And then on to intermittent training.

For tips, I recommend taking a look at the following:

BonitaVanhooser

• WinstonCWinstonC 209 Pts   -  
    Reduce sugar and refined carbs and replace those calories with fruits, which will satisfy your sugar/sweetness cravings.
    @BonitaVanhooser. I find the easiest way is to do 16:8 intermittent fasting.  I know a lot of people this works for, and its great because you dont have to watch what you eat, mostly it keeps me from snacking at night.  What I do is skip breakfast and wait till lunch I then eat dinner and stop eating after.  During your fasting period you can only drink water, some green teas (no sugar) or black coffee.

The point is your body takes about 12 hours to go into ketosis (the fat burning stage). Anytime you eat it spikes your insulin and now you body is trying to digest the carbs.  If you can do just a little cardio, or some workout during fasting it helps even more.  I think burpees with a pushup is a great exercise you can do at home.
    I have also heard about 16:8 fasting diet and seen many people lost weight with it. But I am not sure low carbs diet would work for it or not. Actually, with low carb and sugar diet, I always feel low and not able to do anything. 
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 988 Pts   -  
    @BonitaVanhooser. Yeah the great thing is you dont really have to watch carbs.  However if you eat healthier it is more effective.
    ZeusAres42
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    @BonitaVanhooser, it’s really great that you are finding silver liming in the quarantine and taking care of yourselve.  That’s a good diet and many people I know benefited from it
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • AmericanFurryBoyAmericanFurryBoy 528 Pts   -  
    I’m still pretty young and a training athlete at that, but I would suggest just adding on more physical activity. Do it slowly or you’ll wear your muscles out and injure yourself. For example, start by running/biking twice a week, and then add on an extra day of each every two weeks. If you set a specific distance and you work hard, you should be able to lose a decent amount of weight within a couple of months. Don’t forget the term “hydrate or diedrate.”
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
    I’m still pretty young and a training athlete at that, but I would suggest just adding on more physical activity. Do it slowly or you’ll wear your muscles out and injure yourself. For example, start by running/biking twice a week, and then add on an extra day of each every two weeks. If you set a specific distance and you work hard, you should be able to lose a decent amount of weight within a couple of months. Don’t forget the term “hydrate or diedrate.”
    Thanks for commenting. As you introduced yourself as a training athlete, that's why I would like to ask a few questions from you. I know it is the right strategy to do physical activity either theses cardio or simple planks with slow and gradual technique, but I am confused about the diet. Do you think to make muscles we need to go with keto kind of diets?

Actually, my cousin, who is living in New Hampshire, is trying to make muscles and burn some belly fat. He doesn't have much fat but has some on belly, thighs and upper arms. I started from a keto diet, but it is hurting his insulin levels, and he is feeling low sugar levels. Do you think he should try any other diet? Any of his friends suggested him to take any multivitamin from here. Do you believe it is essential to take some multivitamin while enhancing muscles? 

According to my aunt, he should try homemade shakes and some chocolate milk like this after a workout. These are nutritious and would also help him to improve fitness. I would be grateful if you share your views. 
  • Asher34Asher34 103 Pts   -  
    Simple answer just like with any other time eat fewer calories  than you burn in a average day  . Eat lean protein get some healthy veggies in your diet as well as fruit , Carbs are good in limited quanities 
    BonitaVanhooser
  • JaguarJaguar 112 Pts   -  

Best Ideas to Lose Weight in Quarantine?

well just die due to corona and when you are reduced to ashes/bones you will lose a great amount of weight.
    Try it , and if you succeed then tell us here. 

IdeaoftheEndless
    Whatever happens , happens . Just go with the flow.
  • JGXdebatePROJGXdebatePRO 393 Pts   -  
    this isn't about coffee. Is anyone taking these sections seriously????
    Mrlj123
    Viva la revolución

• @BonitaVanhooser
    The only way you could lose weight is if you burn more calories than you eat short of decapitation, or cutting off your limbs. Cheers  ;)
    "You are what you read."