Should we cross breed Asian honey bees with American honey bees? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only online debate website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the leading online debate website. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is utilizing Artifical Intelligence to transform online debating.

In this Debate

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Should we cross breed Asian honey bees with American honey bees?
in Science

By piloteerpiloteer 839 Pts
The Asian giant hornet is all the rage right now, but they are not so over hyped when it come to the threat they pose to honey bees. One giant hornet can kill as many as 40 honey bees in a minute. But the Asian honey does habe a tactic to help defend their colonies from a giant hornet. A giant hornet will release a pheromone when it is attacked. This serves as a signal to the other giant hornets that there is danger, and they will swarm on the threat. But the Asian honey bees can attack a giant hornet by swarming it and vibrating and creating heat. The heat gets so intense that it basically roasts the hornet before it can release its pheromone signal. American honey bees do not habe this technique which could prove to be a bad situation for an already endangered species. I propose we cross breed the Asian honey bee with the American honey bee. 
ZeusAres42

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
33%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• Apis cerana is subdivided into 8 subspecies if i am not wrong. So with which one do you want the cross breeding? Heat balling is a good defence mechanism. But it very often gets infected by Microsporidia. So you've got to keep that in mind though.
    Lover, hunter, friend and enemy
    You will always be every one of these
    Nothing's fair in love and war.