frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Right Cookware: Cast Iron Vs Stainless Steel?

Debate Information

Greetings!

I know most of us don't cook a lot and prefer to go with prepared foods, but in this quarantine, I did the cooking, and many things came into my knowledge. I am a great fan of cookware that looks good to eyes. But the quote, "All glitters are not gold" is a good fit for my cookware selections. I recently read this article https://cookwareinsider.com/safest-cookware/ about the safest cookware, and it came into my knowledge that copper, aluminium and nonstick pans and saucepans are not suitable for health. Though we usually don't use copper and aluminium ones, but many of us love to use nonstick pans. However, its time to replace nonstick pans with cast iron or stainless steel ones. Yes, according to researches nonstick pans usually use Teflon coating that is dangerous for our kidney and becomes the reason for thyroids. Yes, these unsafe cookware leaches harmful metals and chemicals into our food, especially when they come into contact with acidic food. 

Hopefully, many of you have watched that DIY videos where copper crockery or baking trays are cleaned with tomato sauce, but we never tried to discover how it is happening. No doubt, it is only happening because sauces conduct chemical reactions with copper metals. On the other hand, if we talk about the safest cookware, then I found cast iron and stainless steel are the best ones but what about if we have to pick one option? I found this article https://www.misen.co/blogs/news/cast-iron-vs-stainless-steel also worth reading if we conduct a comparison. In my opinion, stainless steel is a better option due to its trendiness, durability and firm coating. 

What are your opinions and which cookware you are using nowadays?

1. Live Poll

Which Cookware Do You Use?

1 vote
    1. Cast Iron Cookware
      100.00%
    2. Stainless Steel Cookware
        0.00%
    3. Nonstick Cookware
        0.00%
    4. Ceramic Cookware
        0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AmericanFurryBoyAmericanFurryBoy 531 Pts   -  
    It depends on what you’re cooking. As far as frypans go, I would recommend cast iron as it will last forever as long as you don’t let it rust and it is pretty easy to clean. For sauce pans, pots, and any other type of pan, I would suggest stainless steel because it is a lot lighter, and a lot cheaper.
    BonitaVanhooser
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • @BonitaVanhooser ;

Copper cookware is notorious for sugar work and candies.

Cast Iron is a plus for red meat, cornbread, and baked beans.

Stainless steel must be correctly seasoned to be none stick.
    Clay Pots are great for chicken, pork, and fish.
    Nonstick coatings on pans have a life expectancy.
  • BonitaVanhooserBonitaVanhooser 143 Pts   -  
    John_C_87 said:
    @BonitaVanhooser ;

Copper cookware is notorious for sugar work and candies.

Cast Iron is a plus for red meat, cornbread, and baked beans.

Stainless steel must be correctly seasoned to be none stick.
    Clay Pots are great for chicken, pork, and fish.
    Nonstick coatings on pans have a life expectancy.
    I was about to talk the pros and cons of clay pots. Is it any possible that clay pots leach coating or clay in food? 
  • @BonitaVanhooser ;

I was about to talk the pros and cons of clay pots. Is it any possible that clay pots leach coating or clay in food? 

Yes, It depends on the method of cooking along with what you are cooking as AmericanFurryBoy said. The medium of cooking and presentation are also flavor components for the food it holds some times, as some fish is better baked on pieces of fresh fruit tree wood, the number of times the plank of wood can be used for cooking on has a limit due to sanitary precautions and flavor reasons.