Is God real? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only online debate website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the leading online debate website. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is utilizing Artifical Intelligence to transform online debating.

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Is God real?
in Religion

By Mango3Mango3 17 Pts
So growing up, I've always lived in a Christian household. My parents are very big on the religion and used that idea for everything in life. Everyone says the same old thing about how great and loving he is...but how do I know he God is real or not? My parents have a hold over my life right now and I don't have any free will to express how I want to be, being Bi and all. At this point I'm just so confused. I do believe in a being or something that created life but don't know what. So is God really there like they say he is or what? 
Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenZeusAres42xlJ_dolphin_473Jesus

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• TKDBTKDB 599 Pts
    edited May 15
    @Mango3

You have free will, being that you utilized your own free will to author this very forum, right?

And being non Religious or Religious is up to you, whether you live with your parents or not.

And God is real to those who believe in God.

And isn't real to those who don't believe in God, or any other Religion in general.

Again, more free will. 
  • Well, I'd say he's as real as (and in exactly the same way) as Harry Potter, Gandalf or James Bond... 

I too grew up in a quite strict Catholic family so I can understand what you're going through in a way.

Just hang in there until you're old enough and sufficiently independant to go your own way. Don't despair, things do get better after that. 
    Mango3DeeJaguarAbhijithP.VBeastModeSkepticalOne
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • DeeDee 1903 Pts
    Your story sounds familiar , I’m from a country that was dominated and more or less run by the Catholic Church , I used to think as a child that it was all nonsense but was too afraid to face the fact what if I’m wrong? 

I had several moments where I realized it was all a big con one of the main ones was that I realized I was having a “relationship with a supernatural entity I couldn’t see , hear or touch and I realized how totally insane this was , I had to be true to myself.

I was a Buddhist for a while as it’s life philosophy to me is wonderful but I finally binned that as I never liked the whole reincarnation nonsense , I’m happy I’m free of all this nonsense and I hope you find your own path and way,  you owe it to yourself 
    PlaffelvohfenMango3Jaguar
  • TKDBTKDB 599 Pts
    edited May 15
    @Dee

@Plaffelvohfen

@Mango3

@ZeusAres42

Every one of you, are solely responsible for the very thoughts that occur between your ears, when it comes to being an Atheist, or a Religious individual.

It's irrelevant how stern, or strict that any parent, parents, or a Religious individual is when it comes to the theme of their Religious musings.

Because any child, once they arrive at their 18th birthday in the United States at least, doesn't have to LISTEN to their parents, parent, Religious leader in any Religious building, if they choose not to.

Every participant on the internet is here because they utilized their free will to participate by engaging any conversation on the internet.

I wonder how many of the Constitutions per country, have it as a part of its own language, that it's mandatory for any Religion to be burdened unto any human being, regardless if they are a child, teenager, adult, or senior citizen?

Because the United States Constitution, says zero about any adult, parent, parents, or legal guardian having the Constitutional right, to purposefully burden any family member with Religion? 

It doesn't exist.

My family didn't try to push any Religion on us.

And I've come across individuals from Russia, France, Spain, Germany, the United Kingdom, India, and Pakistan, and none of them, mentioned anything about their individual families trying to push any Religion on them.

God and Jesus, are pro Children, pro Family, pro Community, and pro Humanity.

And I have had conversations with some who told their families, that they weren't interested in Religion, and that was the end of the conversation about Religion.

The parents, went to church, and their family member, didn't go to church, and each respected each other's choices.
    Mango3Jaguar
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 1348 Pts
    He is real as far as a concept goes.
    PlaffelvohfenJaguar

• DeeDee 1903 Pts
    @TKDB

Thank you  for the lecture the OP asked ..... So is God really there like they say he is or what? 

I gave my opinion on the matter , you gave yours so I’d appreciate it if you stopped  telling   people with different opinions to yours how they should think 
    PlaffelvohfenMango3
  • TKDBTKDB 599 Pts
    @Dee

Educate me, on how I told you how to think?

"I gave my opinion on the matter, you gave yours so I’d appreciate it if you stopped telling people with different opinions to yours how they should think."

From the OP

"So is God really there like they say he is or what?"

Yes he's really there, if you choose to believe in him.

If you don't believe in God, then I could logically guess, to some that God isn't really there then?

Mango3
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 1348 Pts
    TKDB said:
    @Dee

"I gave my opinion on the matter, you gave yours so I’d appreciate it if you stopped telling people with different opinions to yours how they should think."

From the OP

If you don't believe in God, then I could logically guess, to some that God isn't really there then?

Yes, that is correct @TKDB

Dee

• TKDBTKDB 599 Pts
    edited May 16
    @ZeusAres42

"YOU SURE?

"Yes, that is correct @TKDB"

What point are you trying to make?

Maybe explain it more clearly?

This is the theme of the forum:

"Is God real?

"So growing up, I've always lived in a Christian household. My parents are very big on the religion and used that idea for everything in life. Everyone says the same old thing about how great and loving he is...but how do I know he God is real or not? My parents have a hold over my life right now and I don't have any free will to express how I want to be, being Bi and all. At this point I'm just so confused. I do believe in a being or something that created life but don't know what. So is God really there like they say he is or what? "

• DeeDee 1903 Pts
    @TKDB

***Yes he's really there, if you choose to believe in him.

So again why are you telling me this ?

I never asked you the OP asked you so tell him
  • TKDBTKDB 599 Pts
    edited May 16
    @Dee

"Thank you  for the lecture the OP asked ..... So is God really there like they say he is or what? 

"I gave my opinion on the matter , you gave yours so I’d appreciate it if you stopped  telling   people with different opinions to yours how they should think."

***Yes he's really there, if you choose to believe in him.

"So again why are you telling me this?"

"I never asked you the OP asked you so tell him"

I told all of you.

And again, im asking you this question:

• SandSand 164 Pts
    God.
    The word represents a lot.
    To me, it is the intelligence that created us.
    To others, it is an almighty entity that governs everything.
    To more others, it is a fantasy made to control people.

This is what is called a worldview.
    This is what helps people learn and grow.
    I can pinpoint flaws in each of the viewpoints.
    Nevertheless, why do so?
    Why make people look like fools because they have a complete picture of what works and helps them make sense of life?
    I believe it is important to test our worldviews by fire to refine our thoughts.
    Nevertheless, I think it is good for many to not believe in God, and to believe in an almighty God.

I am happy for the atheist, as well as the theist, the agnostic, as well as the many other lines of thought.
    Because it allows the diversification of growth.
    It creates a rich environment in which people can learn grow and understand.
    That is why I feel it is good to listen and learn from all walks of life.
    There were times when people would hinder opposing lines of thought in order to help society grow.
    But this, in my opinion, was wrong. If they could see how diversification allows growth to happen more rapidly.

real definition - "actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed."
    Because no one can accurately determine what occurred in the past.
    The better question would be, "do you believe God is real."

Atheist - "No"
    Theist - "Yes"
    Agnostic - "Possibly"

No answer to that question would be wrong, just a different way of thinking.
    Knowledge of other people's beliefs and ways of thinking must be used to build bonds not to create conflicts.
    I feel it is good to listen and learn from all ways of thinking, so your worldview can influence a stronger society and a betterment of life.
    TKDBMango3
  • DeeDee 1903 Pts
    @TKDB

Really here is your whole uninvited preaching to the whole site instead of just addressing the OP , no one else asked you for your as usual non committal sitting on the fence commentary , do you ever actually voice an opinion that doesn’t try and suck up to both sides without having the guts to actually take a clear stance without your usual absurd “ I’m a fair and equal debater “?

Will you ever grow a spine and man up? Here is your uninvited  lecture to the thread ......

@Dee 

@Plaffelvohfen 

@Mango3 

@ZeusAres42

Every one of you, are solely responsible for the very thoughts that occur between your ears, when it comes to being an Atheist, or a Religious individual.

It's irrelevant how stern, or strict that any parent, parents, or a Religious individual is when it comes to the theme of their Religious musings.

Because any child, once they arrive at their 18th birthday in the United States at least, doesn't have to LISTEN to their parents, parent, Religious leader in any Religious building, if they choose not to.

Every participant on the internet is here because they utilized their free will to participate by engaging any conversation on the internet.

I wonder how many of the Constitutions per country, have it as a part of its own language, that it's mandatory for any Religion to be burdened unto any human being, regardless if they are a child, teenager, adult, or senior citizen?

Because the United States Constitution, says zero about any adult, parent, parents, or legal guardian having the Constitutional right, to purposefully burden any family member with Religion? 

It doesn't exist.

My family didn't try to push any Religion on us.

And I've come across individuals from Russia, France, Spain, Germany, the United Kingdom, India, and Pakistan, and none of them, mentioned anything about their individual families trying to push any Religion on them.

God and Jesus, are pro Children, pro Family, pro Community, and pro Humanity.

And I have had conversations with some who told their families, that they weren't interested in Religion, and that was the end of the conversation about Religion.

The parents, went to church, and their family member, didn't go to church, and each respected each other's choices.

• TKDBTKDB 599 Pts
    edited May 16
    @Dee

"So growing up, I've always lived in a Christian household."

"My parents are very big on the religion and used that idea for everything in life.

"Everyone says the same old thing about how great and loving he is...but how do I know he God is real or not?"

"My parents have a hold over my life right now and I don't have any free will to express how I want to be, being Bi and all."

@Dee, my response to the OP

*I wonder how many of the Constitutions per country, have it as a part of its own language, that it's mandatory for any Religion to be burdened unto any human being, regardless if they are a child, teenager, adult, or senior citizen?*

*Because the United States Constitution, says zero about any adult, parent, parents, or legal guardian having the Constitutional right, to purposefully burden any family member with Religion?*

*It doesn't exist.*

*My family didn't try to push any Religion on us.*

*And I've come across individuals from Russia, France, Spain, Germany, the United Kingdom, India, and Pakistan, and none of them, mentioned anything about their individual families trying to push any Religion on them.*

"At this point I'm just so confused."

"I do believe in a being or something that created life but don't know what."

*Yes he's really there, if you choose to believe in him.*

*If you don't believe in God, then I could logically guess, to some that God isn't really there then?*

• DeeDee 1903 Pts
    edited May 16
    @TKDB

You've been , for being off topic.

Your response to everything as you continue trolling , this is why I got your buddy Ethang banned 

I am not a part of the theme of this forum, am I?

You’re not , yet you target me and others by tagging us with your uninvited opinions

Show me, where I am mentioned specifically in the theme of the forum? 

You’re not , you’re trolling I or others did not seek your opinion so why are you  tagging us?

Post your opinions to the OP not me or others , you’re reported for trolling 

• TKDBTKDB 599 Pts
    edited May 16
    @Dee

This is a debate website.

My argument is supported by facts, not uninvited opinion.

("Your response to everything as you continue trolling , this is why I got your buddy Ethang banned 

I am not a part of the theme of this forum, am I?

You’re not , yet you target me and others by tagging us with your uninvited opinions

Show me, where I am mentioned specifically in the theme of the forum? 

You’re not , you’re trolling I or others did not seek your opinion so why are you  tagging us?

Post your opinions to the OP not me or others , you’re reported for trolling")

@Dee ;

From the OP:

"So growing up, I've always lived in a Christian household."

"My parents are very big on the religion and used that idea for everything in life.

"Everyone says the same old thing about how great and loving he is...but how do I know he God is real or not?"

"My parents have a hold over my life right now and I don't have any free will to express how I want to be, being Bi and all."

*I wonder how many of the Constitutions per country, have it as a part of its own language, that it's mandatory for any Religion to be burdened unto any human being, regardless if they are a child, teenager, adult, or senior citizen?*

*Because the United States Constitution, says zero about any adult, parent, parents, or legal guardian having the Constitutional right, to purposefully burden any family member with Religion?*

*It doesn't exist.*

*My family didn't try to push any Religion on us.*

*And I've come across individuals from Russia, France, Spain, Germany, the United Kingdom, India, and Pakistan, and none of them, mentioned anything about their individual families trying to push any Religion on them.*

"At this point I'm just so confused."

"I do believe in a being or something that created life but don't know what."

*Yes he's really there, if you choose to believe in him.*

*If you don't believe in God, then I could logically guess, to some that God isn't really there then?* 
  • TKDBTKDB 599 Pts
    @Mango3

God is real, if you choose to believe in God.

My parent's didn't try to influence me with Religion, but left it up to me, if I wanted to be more educated on God, through Jesus, and the Bible.

My parent's believe in God, because to them, God is real.

Mango3
  • An intelligent design must have an intelligent designer.  Can a watch in all its intricate parts Be designed by no one?  Research intelligent design   @Mango3
  • DeeDee 1903 Pts
    @AubréyDeloney

An intelligent design must have an intelligent designer. 

What do you mean “intelligent”? How do you know it must have a designer? 

Can a watch in all its intricate parts Be designed by no one?  

It can be designed by humans who are trained to make watches which we have evidence for there is zero evidence for gods creating of designing anything 

Research intelligent design  

Why waste time researching nonsense , it’s futile and is something for which there’s zero evidence, why not produce some peer reviewed papers to back it up? 

You know why don’t you? It’s because there’s none .....right?

• TKDBTKDB 599 Pts
    @AubréyDeloney

Maybe this would be helpful to the presentation of your debate?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_design

"Intelligent design

This article is about a form of creationism. For generic arguments from "intelligent design", see Teleological argument. For the movement, see Intelligent design movement. For other uses of the phrase, see Intelligent design (disambiguation).

Intelligent design (ID) is a pseudoscientific argument for the existence of God, presented by its proponents as "an evidence-based scientific theory about life's origins".[1][2][3][4][5] Proponents claim that "certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection."[6] ID is a form of creationism that lacks empirical support and offers no testable or tenable hypotheses, and is therefore not science.[7][8][9] The leading proponents of ID are associated with the Discovery Institute, a Christian, politically conservative think tank based in the United States.[n 1]

Though the phrase intelligent design had featured previously in theological discussions of the argument from design,[10] its first publication in its present use as an alternative term for creationism was in Of Pandas and People,[11][12] a 1989 creationist textbook intended for high school biology classes. The term was substituted into drafts of the book, directly replacing references to creation science and creationism, after the 1987 Supreme Court's Edwards v. Aguillard decision barred the teaching of creation science in public schools on constitutional grounds.[13] From the mid-1990s, the intelligent design movement (IDM), supported by the Discovery Institute,[14] advocated inclusion of intelligent design in public school biology curricula.[7] This led to the 2005 Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District trial, which found that intelligent design was not science, that it "cannot uncouple itself from its creationist, and thus religious, antecedents," and that the public school district's promotion of it therefore violated the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.[15 "

• TKDBTKDB 599 Pts
    edited May 17
    What does "stalking" have to do with this forum?

This is the theme of the forum:

Is God real?

My parent's didn't try to influence me with Religion, but left it up to me, if I wanted to be more educated on God, through Jesus, and the Bible.

My parent's believe in God, because to them, God is real.

Mango3
  • @Mangoi ;

I think god is not real because if it was real we humans would not face any problems also humans would never face bad people and if they still existed with God then god would punish them before a innocent dies . 

God was made by human , it's a imagination where u can find hope when you can't find a way of solution and you can't just depend on god because they can't help you also if they helped you would not evolve into a better person .

God is not real also because science tells us how humans came to earth and how a good person can become bad and how life works , where rain comes from and how storms are created .

It's not god is angry and storms come . Sin is nothing but ur wrong doings which would effect you and people around you and God will not punish you for that it's your own thinking.

If you think theft is bad so it is but if you steal from someone who was misuseing things that is not wrong doing unless you are too kind and feel guilty for that 

Thoughts matter the most . You say you can do it then even god can't stop you cos it never was there to stop anyone , if you say I can't do it anymore then no matter how much time , money , health, ways you have you would fail to do it even it god tried to help u 

I think this makes it clear god is not real is just our imagination for creating hope when no one is around 

Basically you talking to yourself by calling god .

Jaguar
  • JesusJesus 66 Pts
    @Mango3

You know, I'm Jesus. I can walk on water pretty easily. All you gotta do is have faith in me. Hmm. Maybe writing a book about my OP-ness is a good idea.

Btw, I don't mean to insult you. My mom's big on religion too. Guess you just gotta live with it

• ethang5ethang5 227 Pts
    @Mango3

...being Bi and all.

How do you know you're bi?

Jesus
  • @Mango3

So growing up, I've always lived in a Christian household. My parents are very big on the religion and used that idea for everything in life. Everyone says the same old thing about how great and loving he is...but how do I know he God is real or not? My parents have a hold over my life right now and I don't have any free will to express how I want to be, being Bi and all. At this point I'm just so confused. I do believe in a being or something that created life but don't know what. So is God really there like they say he is or what? 
    What would convince you that the Christian God is real? What sort of evidence/argument are you looking for?

The ground is level at the foot of the cross.
    Therefore, I boast in nothing but Christ.
  • JaguarJaguar 33 Pts
    @Plaffelvohfen Can u just give me a proof ? I mean we have just heard stories about god nothing else. And we have never seen him. How do u think that we will believe in something that is just based in stories. Provide me with a proof then I may believe in it. And pls don't ask questions like if there's no god then can u explain how was the universe made in the name of proof. I want a fully justified proof. And pls excuse my bad English.
    BeastMode
  • JaguarJaguar 33 Pts
    Ofcourse there's no god. Have u seen him? Have u met him? Have u talked to him ? No ? Me neither . And so did everybody in this world. And the answer to the question how human life emerged , it was due to formation of amino acids that proteins and living cells were created. Though it's ur choice if u want to believe or not but I recommend not to believe something that have no proof. Pls excuse my bad English.
    BeastMode
  • AbhijithP.VAbhijithP.V 4 Pts
    edited May 25
    All that I wanna say is that why are people so weak that they need an made up external source to give them hope. I haven't believed in god for the past 7 years and I don't think that "god" has punished me for that.
        I'm also leading a happy life ilke the people who believe in god.
      I've seen people go to god when they are about to break. They need an extra source to keep them happy. They don't realise that everything that they have earned in their lives is due to their hardwork and not some power.
     At last I would like to make a point to the elderly people who force their children to believe in the supernatural that please don't force your children into all this. If you need some extra false belief to keep you happy, thnen be it but please don't make ur children like you.
      If your children also have the same mentality as you, the world will never advance.

Thank you
    BeastModeJaguar
  • I totally agree @Jaguar and @AbhijithP.V
    So basically like there's two ways to approach this situation so the first way is to obviously look at this world at this situation with scientific point of perspective,if you look at the history you could easily observe that there is/was no god/goddess who created our mother Earth it was all due to natural calamities and natural causes which made it possible for life to exist and this whole covid 19 situation do you guys actually believe that God is punishing us for not behaving well and giving us 'karma' for all the wrong doings we have done in our lifetime?The ANSWER IS NO you could look it up in Google how the covid started etc etc and there are many examples in which people correlate things to god and say GOd WilL SAve US No NeEd To woRry leTs juSt pRay anD EVEryThIng wIll be FIne,as @AbhijithP.V  said those people who have became famous have worked their asses to reach that level and I see people saying GOd HAs deStined him/her FOr GrEAtnEss(the boomer thinking) honestly that's such a liberal way to think nowadays this whole GOD concept was made to have hope,belief,faith and so on so scientifically speaking there isn't any god as there's no proof aside from stories and these sculptures of God as @Jaguar said.But my whole point and conclusion is people who believe in god or are atheists should respect each others opinion and should learn to live with each other and let people believe whatever they want to whether it is to believe it god or not!. I have seen so many false beliefs in religions that you have to do in a series to appreciate god and you have to pray in a certain language so that God will acknowledge useven.Forexample like say there's actually a god so do you actually believe people who pray just for the sake of praying will get acknowledged by God? I personally don't believe God would acknowledge that person but we are just going off topic here and the other way to approach this is to be half atheist let me explain this I already know scientifically speaking there's no person or a being known as god but I like to believe there's something in our life that's governing our life or spectating us (this is a very hypocrite sentence as in the above paras I have literally been against this God concept but hear me out) in this way I am believing in 'god' but not in this religion concept that's been made. my point is that I disagree with these useless beliefs that certain religions follow(people would comeback and be like and say this guy is just lazy and don't wanna follow the religions factors that are being followed)No that's not the case with me think about this if poor people believe in God and they miss out on one of the certain procedures in a ones religion but they are genuinely praying would 'god' not consider that as a praying?idt 'god' would be that kind of a person.I don't blindly follow god and believe God would fix everything for me.NO I completely disagree with that it is only me that conducts and controls my life! I just simply say at night in my mind that I am grateful for everything in my life.In this way you don't blindly follow 'God' Hence you are a half atheist.
    Farina-Jaguar
  • Farina-Farina- 3 Pts
    God is as real as Saitama's hairline. 
    BeastModeIzni