Is Donald Trump a good person? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only online debate website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the leading online debate website. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is utilizing Artifical Intelligence to transform online debating.

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Is Donald Trump a good person?
in Politics

By PaulettePaulette 2 Pts
I do not think he is
  1. Live Poll

Is he?

8 votes
    1. Yes
      62.50%
    2. No
      37.50%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 1348 Pts
    edited May 16
    The trouble I think with Donald Trump is that his mindset appears to be "What's in it for me and to hell with the rest." This might be an ok attitude in several businesses. But I don't think it's the right way to lead a country.
    DavidKashlinskyAlofRI

• @ZeusAres42
    That atitude of whats in it for me when applied to the U.S. is a good thing.  I really do think he has done a good job putting America first, and im glad he has called out our allies for not keeping the agreements they signed.
    DavidKashlinskyAlofRI
  • DeeDee 1903 Pts
    edited May 17
    Hes a buffoon and an ignoramus that makes George Bush jr look like the epitome of intellectual brilliance......no mean achievement
    PauletteAlofRI
  • DeeDee 1903 Pts
    edited May 17

AlofRI
  • NopeNope 367 Pts
    Dee
    I don't see where Paulette put a thumbs down on ZeusAres42 post. Is it possible you are confusing them with DavidKashlinsky or maybe Paulette had put a thumbs down and removed it before I read this post .
    Dee
  • DeeDee 1903 Pts
    @Nope

You’re right , thank you for pointing it out , the user icons threw me .....thank you 
    Dee said:
    Hes a buffoon and an ignoramus that makes George Bush jr look like the epitome of intellectual brilliance......no mean achievement

I was recently watching some old clips of George Bush. And I have to say I forgot how rediculous George Bush sounded.
    AlofRI

• TKDBTKDB 599 Pts
    edited May 17
    @Paulette

Trump is a good person, and as President, he has put the half efforts of various Presidents to shame.

(Reagan was kind with his efforts, because he granted the original 2.7 million illegal immigrants with Amnesty.)

Clinton.

Obama.

And Bush one and two.

Why is this?

Because they failed to address the fiasco that is known as the Southern Border, of the United States.

They all faced the illegal immigration problem with kid gloves, while those 300 Sanctuary Cities across the United States have grown and thrived through the lacking of their half efforts?

Google their previous efforts, their Presidential Histories are all public knowledge.

Now 22 million plus illegal immigrants live in the U.S., and it all happened on their Presidential watches, while Trump refused to kick that half effort can down the road anymore.

Trump is pro legal US citizen, and this is why he governs as he does.

He's not the most (Politically oriented Politician) 
    And because he's not technically a career politician, millions of legal U.S. citizens appreciate that aspect about the current POTUS.

• DeeDee 1903 Pts
    edited May 17
    @ZeusAres42

He truly was an unintentionally funny clown ......Remember “Bushisims” ?

• "I think we agree, the past is over."[10][11]– Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, on meeting with John McCain; May 10, 2000
    • "They misunderestimated me."[12] – Bentonville, Arkansas; November 6, 2000
    • "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." – Saginaw, Michigan, September 29, 2000, while attempting to reassure the business community that he does not support tearing down dams to protect endangered fish species.[13]
    • "There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, 'Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again.'"[14] – Nashville, Tennessee; September 17, 2002
    • "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNsaren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."[15] – Poplar Bluff, Missouri; September 6, 2004
    • "I'm going to put people in my place, so when the history of this administration is written at least there's an authoritarian voice saying exactly what happened."[16](Announcing he would write a book about "the 12 toughest decisions" he had to make.)
    • "See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."[17][18]
    • "I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." —President George W. Bush, in an interview with the Jerusalem Post, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008[19][20]
    ZeusAres42
  • @Dee Yeah Bush misspoke sometimes, but if you think that automatically makes you a bad president theres no way you would support trumps opposition.
  • DeeDee 1903 Pts
    Yeah Bush misspoke sometimes, but if you think that automatically makes you a bad president theres no way you would support trumps opposition.

Actually the debate title asks about a “bad person” , there’s nothing to like about Trump he’s a nasty bulky and a raging egotist ,Bush was  just an but I don’t think a bad person 
  • DeeDee 1903 Pts
    edited May 17
    Yeah Bush misspoke sometimes, but if you think that automatically makes you a bad president theres no way you would support trumps opposition.

Actually the debate title asks about a “bad person” , there’s nothing to like about Trump he’s a nasty bully and a raging egotist ,Bush was  just a clot but I don’t think a bad person 
  • Has Trump actually done anything for us to consider him a good person?

He donated $5.5 million to his own Charity, the Trump foundation, which is roughly equivalent to someone with $100,000 donating about $166 dollars of it. Not really that much by proportion.

He is particularly belligerent in office, apparently he yells at his own people and then props up their egos to try and manipulate them. He skipped the draft 5 times with a made up  medical condition and college, as a person he is devoid of character, focusing more on is own ego than anything else. When he talk, he "says it like it is" which is a fancy way of saying he doesn't care about people's sensibilities and offends people sometimes without realizing and sometimes intentionally. He has no commitment to science, higher knowledge, or the arts. His attention span is enough to make a tweet and that is about it.

Based on all the information I have available, I would not want to be around him. Definitely could not be friends, or even acquaintances really. At best, he is someone who I couldn't care less about and at worst someone I should actively oppose, so no, I don't think he is a good person.
    Deeethang5
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation, Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root and developed into the human race, who conquered fire, built societies and developed technology .
    All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • @Dee. I realize that, but you were the one that brought up bush, i was just responding.
  • DeeDee 1903 Pts
    @MichaelElpers

. I realize that, but you were the one that brought up bush, i was just responding

Thats just fine you’re more than welcome to do so
  • This is a very vague question, is it about his personality, or his policies? @Paulette
  • AlofRIAlofRI 631 Pts
    Dee said:

I was recently watching some old clips of George Bush. And I have to say I forgot how rediculous George Bush sounded.
    I have a booklet of Dubya's famous sayings. They're as funny as they are (with Debra in mind ... unintelligent?  ;-). I never thought I'd say it, but, I'd take him back over what we have now in a minute! (Well, maybe 30 or 40 minutes .... ;-) He WAS, at least, "intelligent" if he didn't always use it well. What we have now is a clever con man ... at best. He hides his IQ records from U.S. like he hides his tax records! Con men, by occupation, convince some people of their competence.

We've heard a lot about "Obamagate" lately (a con). I would ask "some" to consider: 

Collusiongate; Trump Foundationgate; Mattisgate; Stormygate; Inaugerationgate; Playmategate; Cohengate; Flynngate; Manafortegate; Khashoggigate; Pruitgate; Zinkegate; Trump Towergate; emolumentsgate; $130,000,000 Golfgate; Miss America dressing roomgate; Helsinkigate; grabbin'gate; adultery during birthgate .... Oh, well, that's enough for now.

Today we are faced with this question: "Is Donald Trump a good person" ... gate?

ZeusAres42
  • ethang5ethang5 227 Pts
    Since I don't know him personally, I can only judge whether he's a good person or not by what he does.

He has kept his promises. He is removing the silly red tape that is crippling the American govt. He is closing our southern borders. He is putting America first. He supports, in more than just empty words, religious freedoms. He opposes people like Pelosi and Shiff who actually hate America.

The economy was doing great under his policies, our military was doing great under his leadership. Iran, North Korea, and China know the American gravy train has been derailed.

The rogues at the DoJ, FBI, and the State dept have been caught and are being weeded out, and the rot of the fake news media has been exposed. Blacks were doing great, so were women, and farmers, and Latinos, and industrial workers.

Yes, if I judge by his policies and their effect on me and my family, Trump is a very good person.

Thank God there is going to be another 4 years of his presidency! At least we get 4 years breathing room before we have to start wondering how to keep the enemies of America out of the government.
    AlofRI
    Well, look at this way. If you are a Trump hater then everything he says and does will outrage you. Likewise, if you are an Obama hater, then everything that Obama did and said would have enraged you. It doesn't even matter if what they say is neutral or something you would otherwise agree with. And the one thing that both parties on either side have in common is that none of you can justify your reasons for your hatred of both guys.

• AlofRIAlofRI 631 Pts
    Above, several tout our "great economy". The only thing "great" about it is the Stock Market, which was at record levels when Trump was elected. He threw $billions at it with his "tax cut for the middle class" .... which was a farce. The major portion, again, went to the 1% (and even the 2-3-4%). THEY bought back their stocks, made the Market rise, then everyone else joined in. Now he's done it again by firing the IG's that were supposed to watch over the $$$$, and it is again disappearing into the Trump Swamp. 

A "good economy" means more than a Stock Market rise. I've lived in "good economies", many of you haven't and don't even know what one looks like.
     I lived in a time where there were good-paying jobs,  One person in a family could make a living, put some money in the bank, educate the kids, take a vacation now and then, afford health care, trade a car every few years, etc.

Today, in our "good economy", most have to have everyone in the family of working-age ... working to just pay the mortgage, eat, and hope no one gets sick! Higher education for your kids will put you in debt for years, forget about that money in the bank! Health care will eat THAT up! Few Americans could survive a couple of months out of work .... unless the spouse has a good-paying job. Yeah, it's nice that the Stock Market is up .... where it was headed in 2016, maybe not as quickly, but, the debt was headed the OTHER way, and we had respect around the world. Better, but not GOOD.

Today, with (dis) respect to Mr. Trump, the ONLY good thing is the Stock Market. The debt is astronomical! Republicans used to scream about "the debt"! They used to scream about spending, they used to scream about (and at) our enemies. Damn, I miss a "little" Republicanism. I didn't miss the "deregulation part" though! Regulations may have been bothersome to the Corporations, and SOME may have needed a tweek or two, but they were generally there to PROTECT the consumer, PROTECT the environment, PROTECT our health and well being, PROTECT from fraud and unfair trade. The Trumplicans don't seem to think any of that should be guarded against ..... "let the buyer, beware" (I used to know the Latin, but, I'm getting "elderly" ;-). In this "great economy", that might not be so bad .... the "elderly" part, I mean. I had enough trouble living through the MUCH BETTER economies, earlier!

Yes, the military had expended a LOT of their weaponry through wars that didn't need to happen, through terrorism that needed to be stopped, but, recently, due in large part to a stripped State Department when we desperately NEED one. The nation that held the free world together has lost trust, and the world is "on the edge", again! I suppose it IS a good thing that the military is rebuilt. With more diplomacy under a qualified President it, likely, would be less tense and the rebuilding could have been spread out over a longer time.

Is there anything good to be said about Mr. Trump?? Yep, he stimulates a good Stock Market, makes a LOT of money off of our Secret Service, arming our enemies, and, I believe, will do well with the money intended for small business. Otherwise ................. ?  :'(