like child - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only online debate website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the leading online debate website. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is utilizing Artifical Intelligence to transform online debating.

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

like child
in Science

By maxxmaxx 241 Pts
Adults are basically nothing more than grown up children and act in the same way, just slightly in a different manner. They still bully, and argue. They whine about how things are not fair. They tell
secrets  and lies and gossip about each other. They fight each other. They do the exact things that little children do and are just as immature as them. Prove me wrong.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• They are sexually mature, along with physically, not to mention they usually don't have raging hormones a lot (puberty), making them think and act differently.
  • maxxmaxx 241 Pts
    Thinking about sex and the opposite gender just adds to the mix, it does not retract from the same immature behavior that children shows. An adult in a relationship will still show such behaviorisms as whining, arguing, bullying,  and yelling about how unfair things are.@DavidKashlinsky
  • Sure they do that, but not in the same amount.
  • maxxmaxx 241 Pts
    In the same way@DavidKashlinsky
  • Child, adult, senior, it doesn't matter because these are all human behaviors... What is the point you're trying to make here? Is there an underlying point or you're just stating the obvious?
    DeeMango3xlJ_dolphin_473ZeusAres42
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • maxxmaxx 241 Pts
    edited May 20
    @Stating the obvious? No. re-read my post.  adults are just as immature as children are. Do you consider that the obvious? Immaturity is not a behaviorism. 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • @maxx

You state: "Adults are basically nothing more than grown up children".... More than basically, they absolutely are and cannot be anything else but... By definition adults are grown-up children... If that is not stating the obvious I don't know what is...
    DavidKashlinsky
  • JesusJesus 66 Pts
    @maxx

Not always. I admit some grown ups suck, but most don't. They whine not because they are kids but because they know enough of something to make an argument. Fighting each other is normal. It is impossible for every single human on earth to have the same opinions because everyone experiences something different or unique. As a result, their opinions are different because of the different information they get. They aren't whining. Their exchanging information and trying to influence the other. 
  • maxxmaxx 241 Pts
    Actually it is " adults are children grown up". Get your schematics correct. Stating the obvious is another human behavior.  As for you, you are proving my post by failing to address it about if adults act like children or not, and instead go off into a tangent and attempt to argues about something completely irrelevant to the post.@Plaffelvohfen
    PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42DavidKashlinsky
  • maxx said:
    @Stating the obvious? No. re-read my post.  adults are just as immature as children are. Do you consider that the obvious? Immaturity is not a behaviorism. 
    Yes, I do consider it to be obvious that adults are just as immature as children are. Immaturity is not a behaviourism, no, but adults have the same level of immaturity that children do. I agree with @Plaffelvohfen that adults are indeed nothing more than grown up children. I thought this is what you are arguing...
    ZeusAres42
  • maxxmaxx 241 Pts
    edited May 21
    I am, but there are probably others who disagree and that is  whom the post was intended for.@xlJ_dolphin_473
  • @maxx
     As for you, you are proving my post by failing to address it about if adults act like children or not
    My position is that of course they do, because they have no choice in the matter... Adults are and cannot be anything else than "old" children...  The age is irrelevant with regards to human behaviors, humans will whine/protest at perceived injustice/unfairness, will lie when it suits their purpose, will gossip, fight, etc, because these are human behaviors meaning that regardless of age, human will exhibit these behaviors (whine, lie, gossip, etc)  because they are humans not because they are a child or an adult, these behavior do not depend on their age but on their nature (human beings)... There are no reason why an adult shouldn't whine/protest at a perceived injustice/unfairness only because they are adults...

You are whining about a perceived unfairness in my argument right now, proving my point that regardless of age, humans will by definition exhibit human behaviors, stating the obvious here once again...

Is the point you're trying to make here, is that adults should not exhibit some specific human behaviors based solely on their age? Or are you just arguing that some human are just less psychologically mature than others? Which would also be stating the obvious... 
    ZeusAres42
  • maxxmaxx 241 Pts
    i fail to see why you even answered my post; it was not for individuals who agree with me. i asked for others to prove me wrong.@Plaffelvohfen
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 1348 Pts
    maxx said:
    I am, but there are probably others who disagree and that is  whom the post was intended for.@xlJ_dolphin_473

With the risk of sounding like I am condescendingly telling you how to argue but perhaps this is something you should have said in your OP, and perhaps also elaborated on in your OP?

Having said that, I guess there are some people who might disagree with the obvious. I mean, after all, we have people who believe that tiny lizard-like people control the earth; yes this is true and you can look it up.

But to me the fact that children and adults exhibit the same behaviors that almost all human beings do is as obvious to me as two bananas + two bananas = four bananas.
    PlaffelvohfenxlJ_dolphin_473

• maxxmaxx 241 Pts
    actually I claimed that they are just as immature as children. As well I did state that I was looking for those who disagree by saying prove me wrong. @ZeusAres42
  • maxx said:
    You were the one who earlier stated that it was not stating the obvious that adults are just as immature as children. See below.
    maxx said:
    @Stating the obvious? No.

• maxxmaxx 241 Pts
    if you agree with my post, the why answer? It was posted for those who do not agree.
    @xlJ_dolphin_473