The United States has been the most destructive force since World War II (Foreign Policy) - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only online debate website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the leading online debate website. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is utilizing Artifical Intelligence to transform online debating.

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

The United States has been the most destructive force since World War II (Foreign Policy)
in Politics

By Marcus_AntoniusMarcus_Antonius 49 Pts edited May 22
No country since the end of World War 2 has proved to me more destructive in its foreign policy than the United States upon taking into account coup d'etat's, military intervention, democratic subversion, arms trading, facilitating rebel growth, destabilizing nations, economic manipulation and more. 

It is foolish to argue that since World War II, the United States has fought for universal freedom, suffrage, independence or liberty. 
piloteerAlofRI

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
33%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• AlofRIAlofRI 631 Pts
    edited May 23
    If you want to make an omelet, you have to break some eggs. I would shudder to see the world today if we hadn't broken those eggs. Some were a mistake, no doubt. I believe if we'd left the menu up to Stalin and the long list of his "replacements", Mao, the Castro's, the "big daddy" in Africa (can't even remember his name at the moment), Kim Jong Il, the list is long, I'm sure you could have put the label "Most Destructive" on other countries .... and the U.S. COULD have been one of the "most destructed".

The blame should be put on politics, greed, and the need for power of OTHERS! Did the U.S. "take over and annex" other countries, like the USSR did??, like Cuba TRIED to?? Like China tried to?? I even feel certain that if we (and our allies), hadn't cost Viet Nam so heavily they would have "expanded" into Laos, Cambodia and farther. 

I think if you feel this way you should find another country, rather than build a case against this one! You have a wide choice today. Can you tell me which of those "choices" you have today might not exist ... if the U.S. hadn't been so "destructive"?? No, no one can! (And none of them are U.S. possessions, Cuban possessions, Russian possessions (at least FEWER of them that WERE))! Bad, bad USA!  :rage:
  • WinstonCWinstonC 163 Pts
    I can appreciate the sentiment and the U.S. should definitely be criticized for some of it's foreign policy decisions, both past and present. That said, if not the U.S., who would you rather was the global hegemon? China? Russia?