Saddest Movie of My Life "Grave of the Fireflies" - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

Communities

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

Saddest Movie of My Life "Grave of the Fireflies"

Debate Information

Last night, I decided to watch Grave of the Fireflies after watching Kiki's Delivery Service of Ghibli Studio. I think it would be a good anime like a boy who saves a little girl but it was about two siblings. It is basically a wartime movie who shows how American airforce throw bombs on civilian houses in Japan. Kids lose their mother and elder brother tries hard to safeguard and take better care of younger sister but unfortunately, she dies at the end. It is the saddest anime which made me cry.

I think warmongers should better their mouths shut because weakest suffer after war situations either it is financial or life loss. Little girl shouldn't die like this. I checked and probably, it is the autobiography of the author. After watching it, I thought we should be thankful for what we have. Have you watched it?

Paulette
Debate Details +

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

Arguments

• this emotional Japan film tells the story of two siblings, Seita and Setsuko, and their desperate struggle to survive during the final months of the Second World War.
  • I have watched this very interesting movie that made me feel sorry for the two poor siblings
  • JaguarJaguar 99 Pts
    Well I have yet to watch this movie though the most saddest anime I have watched with a pinch of comedy was Your lie in April . The endings were a little unexpected which left me shocked and empty from inside . I was about to cry after the last episode,but I didn't . I controlled my emotions and started reading a sports manga a week later but when I reached chapter 1200 of hajime no ippo , all my pent up emotions released at once and I constantly cried for 10 chapters . And it was not only because of your lie in april , chapter 1200 of hajime no ippo was sad too and i watched clannad before your lie in april so emotions fro that time appeared here too . ad while I am remembering all of it , I am crying again T_T.
    BonitaVanhooser
    Whatever happens , happens . Just go with the flow.
  • JaguarJaguar 99 Pts
    edited June 6
    @DebateChamp Thanks for the spoilers .  :rage: :rage:
  • Jaguar said:
    Well I have yet to watch this movie though the most saddest anime I have watched with a pinch of comedy was Your lie in April . The endings were a little unexpected which left me shocked and empty from inside . I was about to cry after the last episode,but I didn't . I controlled my emotions and started reading a sports manga a week later but when I reached chapter 1200 of hajime no ippo , all my pent up emotions released at once and I constantly cried for 10 chapters . And it was not only because of your lie in april , chapter 1200 of hajime no ippo was sad too and i watched clannad before your lie in april so emotions fro that time appeared here too . ad while I am remembering all of it , I am crying again T_T.
    You were about to cry but honestly, I cried for many days. I was thinking of why their relative lady had become so harsh. Even after this, I tried my best to watch happy ending Ghibli studio movies. Then, I watched 'Spirited Away'. Ah! I am not able to forget it. This images comes into mind again and again. The happy Setsuko and Seita  :s :'(

• Jaguar said:
    @DebateChamp Thanks for the spoilers .  :rage: :rage:
    Exactly. 
  • BonitaVanhooserBonitaVanhooser 107 Pts
    edited June 6
    By the way, I don't know how many kids of this world or war areas have faced this situation after Japan. Especially, I feel bad for kids of Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Ghana and many other countries. 
    Jaguar
  • JaguarJaguar 99 Pts
    @BonitaVanhooser ;I was thinking of why their relative lady had become so harsh. Even after this, I tried my best to watch happy ending Ghibli studio movies. 
    You too . Thanks for the spoilers. :rage: 

Then, I watched 'Spirited Away'.
    I watched it just 2 days ago . It is a great movie . No wonder it received an oscar.

• JaguarJaguar 99 Pts
    I just remembered another sad movie . Koe no Katachi( a silent voice ) . Just remembering it was enough to bring tears to my eyes. The ending was great though . 

I WILL NOT GIVE ANY SPOILERS . TILL YOU ASK .
    SIL.jpg 12.9K
  • @Jaguar it looks interesting and emotional. I just checked on YouTube. Share a few lines about the storyline. I don't think small details are spoilers. But they should very small  :p
  • JaguarJaguar 99 Pts
    @BonitaVanhooser well in this story there’s a girl that can’t hear and a boy who bullied her in their early childhood . After sometimes the boy is abandoned by his friends and regrets what he did with the girl . When he does so that girl had already left the school . Well if I tell any more than this I will reveal more or less the whole story , so for knowing more you need to watch it .
  • @BonitaVanhooser
    Lol. If you call what @DebateChamp wrote a spoiler then what you said is a spoiler too. :D
    Lover, hunter, friend and enemy
    You will always be every one of these
    Nothing's fair in love and war.
  • @BonitaVanhooser
    Lol. If you call what @DebateChamp wrote a spoiler then what you said is a spoiler too. :D
    Tough to understand the difference between simple talk about a movie and a spoiler. 
  • @BonitaVanhooser
    Eh maybe.
    Lover, hunter, friend and enemy
    You will always be every one of these
    Nothing's fair in love and war.