should not exist - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only online debate website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the leading online debate website. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is utilizing Artifical Intelligence to transform online debating.

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

should not exist
in Science

By maxxmaxx 246 Pts
What do you think of ancient archeological anomalies?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

• AlofRIAlofRI 733 Pts
    The most interesting to me I think are those in S. America where stones are cut, drilled, and mortised with a precision we would have trouble matching today ... with precision machinery. It's hard to argue against "visitors".
    maxxLukeQLD
  • @AlofRI
    Yes they are pretty good.
    Lover, hunter, friend and enemy
    You will always be every one of these
    Nothing's fair in love and war.
  • LukeQLDLukeQLD 14 Pts
    edited June 29
    AlofRI said:
    The most interesting to me I think are those in S. America where stones are cut, drilled, and mortised with a precision we would have trouble matching today ... with precision machinery. It's hard to argue against "visitors".
    Just because something is impressive within the context of the time it was done, and because we don't know the exact details of how it was done. Does not make that thing indicative of "visitors".

Stone work of similar accuracy is easily achievable with primitive technology, the amazing thing is when we find evidence of a level of technology in places and periods we previously did not know it to exist.
    You have effectively demonstrated the argument from ignorance fallacy. Just because we don't know exactly what technique was used to do that stone work, does not automatically mean it is evidence of "visitors".
    There are many possible, simple explanations, but scientists won't claim to know the exact answer until they have sufficient evidence to be sure. 

And we don't struggle to reproduce similar work with modern tools. We can produce the same work with ease and have been able to for centuries. The only significant difference between how this work is done now and how it was done in the past. It took much, much longer to do the same job with primitive tools. It it typically relied on a massive force of human labour, often slave labour.