The 19th Amendment was a mistake - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

DebateIsland Referral Program: Get a Free Month of DebateIsland Diamond Premium Membership ($4.99 Value) Per Each New User That You Refer!

The 19th Amendment was a mistake

Debate Information

We have to repeal the 19th Amendment in order to save our nation, our families, and our futures. It was one of the most catastrophically damaging pieces of legislation ever enacted to our lawbook. There are several objective reasons why the 19th Amendment was so harmful.
It allows politicians to drive a wedge between men and women and pit husband and wife against one another.
independentlyLiamThePersonLuigi7255Cringe_TrainOakTownA

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DebateChampDebateChamp 139 Pts   -  
    The 19th amendment allowing women to vote which occurred between 1878, when the amendment was first introduced in Congress, and 1920, when it was ratified, champions of voting rights for women worked tirelessly, but their strategies varied
    I do not understand why it is a problem for women to vote especially the fact that it wasn't a big problem when they were allowed to become presidents in In 1872
  • DeeDee 3941 Pts   -   edited June 2020
     There are several objective reasons why the 19th Amendment was so harmful

Your subjective opinion is now based on “ objective reasons”  LOL........You wouldn’t be out of place making laws in Saudi Arabia. I think your latest rage may be to do with you have female boss I am right aren’t I?
    PlaffelvohfenJohn_C_87independentlyDebateChampAlofRITreeManLuigi7255OakTownA

• @ Dee

Not, reasons of objective harm, the process itself were Illegal. The Civil liabilities are held in check and governed by the pending criminal allegations.

@DebateChamp

First legal issue.

The complication is a woman can be an Executive officer and not President of the united State which creates a rift in the creation of all men as equal by their creator. First legal issue.

Second legal issue. The 19th Amendment is arguably not an Amendment to the United States Constitution but instead a section of the 14th Amendment.

"I do not understand why it is a problem for women to vote especially the fact that it wasn't a big problem when they were allowed to become presidents in 1872 ."

First legal issue.

The 19 Amendment details gender as only a reason why a woman vote cannot be dismissed as illegal and not the legal precedent of creating all men equally without legal prejudice.

Second legal issue.

The 19th Amendment is not a Constitutional amendment at all instead it is an addition to the 14 Amendment by the creation of a new section.

AlofRIDebateChampTreeManLuigi7255
  • @Dee ;
    So does this mean everyone who worked on the 19th Amendment wouldn’t have been out of place making laws in Saudi Arabia, as all that had been changed is the gender of prejudice? 
    Vengeance is only justice when the basic principles of our forsaken.
  • truth's have become 
  • anarchist100anarchist100 491 Pts   -  
    @Asher34
    No it was not, Women should have the right to vote.
    LiamThePersonAlofRITreeManLuigi7255
  • @Asher34
    No it was not, Women should have the right to vote.
    There is a conditional right to vote held by women with the radification of the 19th Amendment.
  • TreeManTreeMan 190 Pts   -  
    @Asher34
    so I see you belong in the medieval times.
  • Cringe_TrainCringe_Train 217 Pts   -  
    @Asher34

You realize women had opinions before the 19th amendment was passed right? It's not like they were physically unable to have opinions over politics before they could vote. Women used to try to convince their husbands to vote for the candidate they liked. They would casually bring up how they "liked how they think" or "they liked the idea of a younger politician better." things like this would sway the men's opinions and potentially get them to vote for the politician his wife favored. If anything, the 19th amendment means women don't have to do that anymore, they can just go vote.

There is no difference between a male brain and a female brain, so why shouldn't they get to vote. It's not like men need to use their penises to vote or something. That's weird. There is no logical reason why women shouldn't be able to vote. They are still people and their opinion matters. It's not their fault they got two X chromosomes.
    OakTownA
  • @Cringe_Train
    There is no difference between a male brain and a female brain, so why shouldn't they get to vote.

A failure to create all-woman equal. which creates criminal perjury on an official document the election ballot.
  • Cringe_TrainCringe_Train 217 Pts   -  
    John_C_87 said:
    @Cringe_Train
    There is no difference between a male brain and a female brain, so why shouldn't they get to vote.

A failure to create all-woman equal. which creates criminal perjury on an official document the election ballot.
    I'm not sure I understand.
  • The question of why a woman should not vote for Presdient is the inequality between women had not been addressed on a constitutional level. Women want to be Executive Officer, not President of the United States held in constitution. Women like others have considered the multiple states of President, Executive officer, and Commander and chief a single state which requires no work to be held together as management to the judicial branch of government.

As a person who votes in an American election for Presdient, I admit to perjury by casting a vote in those presidential elections in which a woman was written as a candidate for Presdient of the united states. Not being prosecuted for that perjury does not mean someday I can not be charged for that participation in a crime. There has been a crime that has been underway for a long period of American history, the crime was carried out against the American Consitution. The reason the 19th Amendment has a discrimination clause is so that it is clear that there may in fact be legal issues why a woman should have not been allowed to vote for a president of the united states.
  • TreeManTreeMan 190 Pts   -  
    Do you notice how the creator of this debate is does not actually post? His probably to scared to read the posts as it will change his irrational opinion. 
  • @TreeMan
    It's an old post, June 2020
    TreeMan