frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Trying to get people to debate obvious statements is annoying

Debate Information

My title probably wasn't the clearest so let him go more into detail. When people say incredibly obvious things that no one would disagree with the principal of such as "Men's rights are just as important as women's" or "all lives should matter" is very deceitful, disingenuous, and usually used to gather a negative reaction or "trigger" people who have opinions that contradict the intentions of the using who hides behind that obvious blanket statement. Take for example there is an argument saying that "Men's right are equal to women's" (there actually is a post like this and it annoys the hell out of me). Well duh. What I am supposed to do with that? How is that even a debate? But you know the intentions behind the statement are disingenuous so you can either A try and argue that men's rights aren't equal which makes you look like a jerk and that the OP will use against you or B claim that his intentions behind the statement are impure which then OP can use to say that you are in fact a sexist for assuming that he is suggesting something negative by that obvious statement. If you want to hold an actual debate then you should be willing to be exact with what your view  instead of using a blanket obvious statement because that is a clear sign of intellectual cowardice. Now if you were to say "due to society and media placing more emphasis and attention on feminism, men's rights aren't getting proper justice and are being taken for granted." That is an argument we can actually sink our teeth into. Even though I don't fully agree with that statement at least it is something that is up front, let's me know what your views are, and isn't vague. Despite if you are economically and/or socially liberal or conservative this should be a philosophy that we can all agree on. If you want to debate, actually be up front and specific with your views and don't hide behind blanket statements. If you can not give me the basic respect to not use petty tricks like that in an online open debate forum then do not expect me to intellectually engage with you.
We_are_accountable

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments