is it the ego - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only online debate website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the leading online debate website. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is utilizing Artifical Intelligence to transform online debating.

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

is it the ego
in Science

By maxxmaxx 246 Pts
Why do I feel my sense a self with-in me instead of with-in someone else? Not a joke question; just think about the question first from your own perspective.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

• AlofRIAlofRI 733 Pts
    How can YOU feel a "sense of self" within someone else?? You are not WITHIN someone else to feel anything.  :frowning:
    Plaffelvohfen
  • @AlofRIYeah had the same question. If @maxx could please reword his question.
    Plaffelvohfen
    Lover, hunter, friend and enemy
    You will always be every one of these
    Nothing's fair in love and war.
  • maxxmaxx 246 Pts
    Without a soul, one still feels as if he is an independent entity ; a person unique. why do i feel the sense of life as such, as an my own person. What makes me feel like a particular individual instead of someone else. The sense of self is in us all so can you identify where it comes from and why it resides within you instead of being  in some one else instead. @ScienceRules
    Plaffelvohfen
  • @maxx
    Umm you feel like a particular individual and not like someone else cause you are not someone else. The sense of self as you say is what makes you different. But I don't think it is ego which makes you feel yourself. I suppose people want to get rid of their ego and it is said that ego doesn't really do you any good as such. But the sense of self is not what someone would want to get rid of and it definitely does you all the good it possibly could. So in my opinion this sense of self is not ego. I might be wrong too cause I never really thought about it.
  • maxxmaxx 246 Pts
    edited June 30
    we are a biological piece of meat which is controlled by the brain made up of nerves and cells.  Where is the sense of self ? If we have no soul, then the brain alone tells us we are self. Why does that sense of self reside in the brain of the person that the brain is in? Why is the sense of self not elsewhere?  @ScienceRules
    Plaffelvohfen
  • Well brain is the CPU of your body so it will naturally tell us "we are self". And do you by any chance want to feel like someone else? And also where is ego?