frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

reCaptcha vs IP blocking To Stop Spam Signup?

Debate Information

Greetings!

Spam signups either they are done via humans or bots creating many issues for business, forums and webmasters. With my web developer friends, I recently made a small blog which also has signup and contact us option, but I am amazed we are getting tons of spam or marketing emails each day. Such things are not only wasting our time but also making us sick. When we searched online, then we find several tips to stop spam signups like this article https://www.business2community.com/online-marketing/stop-spam-signups-dead-tracks-01146555. It is suggesting about the asking phone verifications, custom questions and reCaptcha. However, in our opinion, the use of phone verification etc. would decrease our potential visits. That's why I am thinking about reCaptcha. Do you think we should use reCaptcha v2 or v3?

On the other hand, my friends are also suggesting a simple solution for blocking the spammed IPs. Yes, we found this video very helpful in this regard. According to my friends, it wouldn't only safeguard us from spam but also wouldn't affect our traffic. Do you think we picked the right strategy? What about if people use VPN and starting signups again? All in all, we are confused and also not willing to lose our traffic. Please share your views or suggestions if you have experience in this field.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments