Is society more harsh on Bill Clinton's scandal vs Trump's - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is a leading online debate website and is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Is society more harsh on Bill Clinton's scandal vs Trump's
in Politics

By JustAnAllMightFanJustAnAllMightFan 268 Pts edited July 22
This isn't a post suggesting either man is a better politician than the other, I was just thinking that on both the left and right the first thought people have when Bill's name is mentioned is the Lewinsky scandal. Trump gets most of the criticism of his scandals from the left and center but usually right wing media is pretty lenient with him. Do you think one gets more criticism for his scandals then the other? And if so, why do you think this is?
We_are_accountable

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
33%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• AlofRIAlofRI 829 Pts
    Certainly not. Society re-elected Bill Clinton AFTER he was impeached. They KNEW it was a 
    witch-hunt. Yes, it was wrong to lie (to try to protect his family from his mistake), but, it was NOT in ANY sense, as serious as what Trump is doing to OUR country! Lying, insulting our allies, conniving with authoritarian murderers, dividing the races, insulting women, releasing convicted criminals for HIS convenience and protection, costing American lives by using HIS "medical expertise" over REAL experts, withholding PPP from vulnerable medics, unleashing "Brown Shirts" on American citizens using their right to free speech, hi-jacking our Justice Department and State Departments. The list goes on and on!  :rage:
    Plaffelvohfen
  • @AlofRI
    Yeah, I think it wouldn't be fair for society to be more cruel to Clinton's faults vs Trump's. Personally I agree with you in the sense that Trump deserves way more criticism than Bill.
    AlofRIPlaffelvohfen
  • @JustAnAllMightFan

Wow, you live in one twisted world of fake news.

Fox news is the ONLY news outlet on tv that does not constantly trash Trump. They report all the news, while the other news networks only report news making Trump look badly. Stop your fake news! You can not possibly be so blind.

Tell me the last time any news outlet, other than Fox, reported on Biden in a bad light. They give him a pass for not being able to speak a coherent sentence.
    PlaffelvohfenAlofRI
  • markemarke 334 Pts
    @AlofRI
    The fact that democrats cannot see the evil behind democrat attacks on Trump of all sorts is extremely disturbing.  The fact that modern democrats can call Trump a racist for not condemning the Charlottesville protesters soon enough while they support all sorts of evil rioting, looting, burning, assaults, insurrections, terror, treason and murder is very disturbing.
    PlaffelvohfenAlofRI
  • AlofRIAlofRI 829 Pts
    marke said:
    @AlofRI
    The fact that democrats cannot see the evil behind democrat attacks on Trump of all sorts is extremely disturbing.  The fact that modern democrats can call Trump a racist for not condemning the Charlottesville protesters soon enough while they support all sorts of evil rioting, looting, burning, assaults, insurrections, terror, treason and murder is very disturbing.
    Democrats aren't "attacking" Trump, they're CRITICIZING him for his ridiculous and un-patriotic actions! He's fumbled this coronavirus BADLY, to the cost of MANY American lives! He gave the President of Turkey the opening to kill thousands of Kurds that have fought beside our soldiers for years! He's insulted our allies, covered for the killings by his "friends", the authoritarian "strong leaders"! He's sent troops against protesters expressing their First Amendment rights just to fire up HIS base (people like you). He's given more credence to dictators that to our own intelligence services ... actually INSULTED them!  He's LIED to the American people over 20,000 VERIFIABLE TIMES! He's destroyed our State Dept., our Justice Dept. .... isn't, so much so that many have quit in protest! He's releasing convicted criminals simply because they haven't "told on him"! He's divide (d) - (ing) the country with racism!

I can't wait for him to be a la .... wait a minute, .... I'd have compassion for a lame duck! Maybe ... what? A "limping Orangutan?" Yes, that's better! I can see him getting bitten on the leg by a female he "grabbed" that didn't even LIKE him! Yeah, that's better, a limping Orangutan rather than a poor, lame duck!  :smirk:
  • markemarke 334 Pts
    @AlofRI

What is most disturbing is the obvious hatred democrats have for their political enemies, like Trump.  They falsely accused Flynn of crimes against the government, but that was a lie and a crooked set-up.  We are seeing the evidence now being released of the heinous nature of the massive criminal enterprise and violations of federal laws by former Obama administration government officials in their illegal attacks on Trump and associates.  These democrats number in the hundreds and they have broken dozens of federal laws while violating the civil rights of dozens of good Americans strictly for political gain.  These crooks act just like thugs in abusive communist or atheist governments who jail or murder their opponents because they can with no sense of remorse.
    AlofRI