Being A Dedicated Christian......... - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is a leading online debate website and is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Being A Dedicated Christian.........
in Religion

By SwolliwSwolliw 164 Pts
. . . . . . who happens to be a baker, would you bake a wedding cake for:

* A groom with short hair and cleanly shaven?
(Leviticus 19:27 Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.)

* A couple with tattoos?
(Leviticus 19:28 Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves.)

* A bride whose wedding dress is part polyester, part silk?
(Leviticus 19:19 Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.)

* A gay couple?
(Leviticus 18:22 Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman.)
xlJ_dolphin_473GnosticChristianHappy_Killbot

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

• @Swolliw
    Excellent arguments. You are my new favourite member of this site.
  • If we go by what Jesus, said any believer or person of faith should be able to do all he did and more.

That tells me that there has never been a real believer or person of faith.

Jesus would not lie. Not that he was ever real.

Regards
    DL 
  • markemarke 334 Pts
    @Swolliw

If you are convinced that God does not want you having any part in a homosexual wedding then you better not violate what you think God wants you to do or not do.  The good thing about America is that there is a wall of separation between the government and churches so that the government cannot interfere with a Christian's exercise of his religious beliefs.
    GnosticChristian
  • romir7romir7 34 Pts
    Right now only required thing is “Being Human” lol
  • SwolliwSwolliw 164 Pts
    @marke
    "The good thing about America is that there is a wall of separation between the government and churches so that the government cannot interfere with a Christian's exercise of his religious beliefs."

There is a big difference between "the right to practice religion" and "exercising religious beliefs" and I think you may be confusing the two.
    For example, Kim Davis was jailed over refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples.

Christians may think they have every right to exercise their right to distasteful vilification of minority groups but they don't. 
    They should start pulling their heads in and realise that we have "human rights" which protect society against the (illegal) bigotry and hatred promoted by churches.

GnosticChristianPlaffelvohfen
  • SwolliwSwolliw 164 Pts
    @romir7
    "Right now only required thing is “Being Human” lol"

Well said. I stated in my post directly above that whilst Christians believe that they have "rights" to practice their religion, they should also take note that there is such a thing as "human rights".
    GnosticChristianromir7
  • markemarke 334 Pts
    @Swolliw

Courts do not yet agree with the idea that homosexuals have the right to run roughshod over Christians' rights while Christians have no rights except for those as interpreted by homosexuals who despise Christians.
  • @marke ;
    marke said:
    @Swolliw

Courts do not yet agree with the idea that homosexuals have the right to run roughshod over Christians' rights while Christians have no rights except for those as interpreted by homosexuals who despise Christians.

This right here is 90% of the reason that people are leaving religion in droves.

The Christian Churches should have accepted LGBT with open arms and declared Levitical law to be irrelevant and the passages in Romans to be about rape.

Instead the homophobia and bigotry exposed the religion for what it really is: A dedicated method for controlling people's sexuality and convincing them to abandon their own self interests.
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • edited July 30
    marke said:
    @Swolliw

You invoke rights.

What of this right?

http://christianity-revealed.com/cr/files/whensamesexmarriagewasachristianrite.html

Further. Do you believe in reciprocity being fair play?

What do you see wrong with gays hating Christians and their homophobic ways?

Should gays just ignore your hate or should they return it?

Regards
    DL
  • romir7romir7 34 Pts
    edited July 30
    @Swolliw
    Hmm....thank you for agreeing with me...I particularly belong from Sanan
    tana Dharma so called Hinduism from western world...
    Every religion has a good and bad people operating to rather to do good or bad...and make an impact....

For eg:-The man like Jesus Christ was the boon on earth which impacted the lives largely and is still impacting the lives today but some people also take it on wrong way.
    For eg:- I belong to India and till 1947 British ruled the India and obviously it is Christian majority country...

So let me share an incident..

The rich Indian children would go to Christian studying school so as parents expected to learn English fluently but some people with bad intentions disrespecting our practises they would while going to school...bus driver would shut off the bus and say to their children that bus should be repaired now...obviously students would take the names of Lord Ram and Lord Shiva But then he would insist them to speak the name of Jesus Christ and he would turn on the bus showing the magic lol...

Thus disrespecting our practises....Christianity has though impacted many lives but also insisted lot to convert into their religion.....

Let me share an one incident....

once upon a time a priest of Christian religion would award that your stone god and our Christ symbol in water...

So in front of many villagers they would keep our lord in form of stone and them would be kept in water and thus density of stone is more and of wood is less...

Thus stone would drown in water and obviously Jesus symbol would float in water proving that if your own god is drowned than how he will save u....
    Then the man like Swami Vivekananda stood up and said yes obviously now to prove the religion in our religion we have fire to prove it....

Thus when the stone was kept in it and wood cross...it would burn and stone would be left...

here I am not proving to say my religion is great....from years and years the bad people have tried to prove their practises and I would say my religion has never...

So first of all the Christians should not say our reality a HINDU MYTHOLOGY  and they should respect all practises........

Praise to Jesus Christ who have impacted many lives and praise to Mohammed and praise to Adi ShankarAcharaya.....

Respect everyone and get respect..... 

John 12:47– If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.

• romir7 said:

Praise to Jesus Christ who have impacted many lives and praise to Mohammed and praise to Adi ShankarAcharaya.....

Respect everyone and get respect..... 

John 12:47– If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.

Gnostic Christian ---

Which indicates that the world has been judged to need saving. What a quote.

Those who quote should quote carefully so as to nor be seen as unintelligent.

As to praise for the mainstream religions. Only the depraved  and immoral will do so.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.           

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/theft-values/

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes.  Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes. Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

Regards

DL

romir7
  • romir7romir7 34 Pts
    @GnosticChristian

Obviously Jesus Christ and Mohammed were the extraordinary humans born to be impact many lives...yes the swords have been rose because every religion follower thinks that my religion is great....

But in our practises we are taught to respect every being who changed the way to see and if they impacted on the earth and they were obviously great ......

Anyone should think twice to criticise any religion or practises and the swords have always been rose due to criticism of one others religion...

Obviously Sadguru is right....

Live and let live
    Har Har Mahadev
    GnosticChristian
  • edited July 30
    romir7 said:

Live and let live

Which is not what Jesus taught. If he had, he would not have thrown his fit at the temple or preach to do good instead of evil.

You might try to understand the teachings before trying to dissuade other more moral people from using them, with sayings like you used.

If inquisition users live by that saying, that would be a good thing, as it would have saved a lot of innocent victims.

Regards
    DL 
  • markemarke 334 Pts
    @Happy_Killbot

Christians are made to bear reproach for simply believing God.  Intolerant atheists and leftists can be cruel in their slander of innocent Christians.
    GnosticChristian
  • markemarke 334 Pts
    @GnosticChristian

Homosexuals hate Christians for believing God.  Christians do not have a choice so they are made to endure the reproach heaped on them by those who disrespect God.
    GnosticChristian
  • @marke ;
    marke said:
    @Happy_Killbot

Christians are made to bear reproach for simply believing God.  Intolerant atheists and leftists can be cruel in their slander of innocent Christians.

Hold up now, since when are Atheists are the intolerant ones?

Do you know how homophobic Christians treat homosexuals, transsexuals, and bisexuals?

Christians, by nature of their out of date beliefs, are by no means innocent.

Your symbol, the cross is literally an instrument of torture and execution! Have you never considered this? It's as bizarre as putting a nose or a guillotine on all your holy buildings and in all of your homes.
    GnosticChristian
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

• romir7romir7 34 Pts
    @GnosticChristian

Obviously the slogan is right....and though I am not Jesus follower I would say his intentions were definitely good.....but the disciples were wicked...and obviously anywhere there is good there would be evil...
    So there is no need to criticise any practise...If your practise is right then you must show it that how your practise is good....

Instead when Galileo found the astonishing truths about astronomy he was punished because it was not matched to there rituals with Christianity .

Rather blaming any thing Or any religion or any fact we always should analyse..

As right said by the father of Nuclear bomb:

He said we should always follow science and religion at a same time...it is the best way to live....

Thus don’t take the debate on the wrong way my only point was to being a dedicated Christian or being a dedicated Muslim is not important ...but we should be dedicated Human on Earth where animals are caged....And should care for 
    everyone.

Peace
    Har Har Mahadev 

GnosticChristian
  • markemarke 334 Pts
    @Happy_Killbot

American democrats are jockeying to become the most intolerant anti-American racists on the planet.  Their army of jack-booted governors and mayors are releasing hardened criminals from prison for an assortment of invalid reasons while jailing Christians and republicans for violating the secular rules issued by these bigoted partisans without mercy.

• @marke ;

You should want violent criminals released from prison as a Christian, because most violent US criminals are Christians.

Pin on Atheism

BTW, you are a bigoted partisan, so I don't know why you bother trying to claim that the DNC is somehow doing evil. As soon as you claim: "The <other party> is doing <X> " then you are being partisan.

• romir7 said:

Thus don’t take the debate on the wrong way my only point was to being a dedicated Christian or being a dedicated Muslim is not important ...but we should be dedicated Human on Earth where animals are caged....And should care for 
    everyone.

Peace
    Har Har Mahadev 

Gnostic Christian types like us also put man above god. We invent them and should not be subsumed by them.

With your universalist slant, if you read the Gnostic works you will see why they ended being universalists instead of the homophobic and misogynous cults like Christianity and Islam.

Regards
    DL
  • markemarke 334 Pts
    @Happy_Killbot

You sound like you have fallen under bad propaganda, similar to Obama's poor deluded pastor who  blamed 9/11 on Americans.

• romir7romir7 34 Pts
    edited August 1
    @GnosticChristian
    Actually I would like to know what your religions convey....
    But it is a definite truth that on the name of god the Jesus followers and Mohammed have harmed but if you read our Hindu text then you would find the evil taking boon from the god and using it against humanity thus bringing their own death near...
    So there is always good and bad prospects of every practise......So dowry and Sita system engulfed at one time...So nor any religion is prefect....We should only believe the pure texts which are hardly available....Everyone should not forget the sayings of their own god....Do you know unlike any spiritual book..in our Bhagwad Gita the word Hindu is not mentioned even once...thus we should always believe purity....And should try to give what we had got or will get.....Please so don’t point out any one religion..

Peace
    Har Har Mahadev
  • romir7 said:
    @GnosticChristian
    Actually I would like to know what your religions convey....
    But it is a definite truth that on the name of god the Jesus followers and Mohammed have harmed but if you read our Hindu text then you would find the evil taking boon from the god and using it against humanity thus bringing their own death near...
    So there is always good and bad prospects of every practise......So dowry and Sita system engulfed at one time...So nor any religion is prefect....We should only believe the pure texts which are hardly available....Everyone should not forget the sayings of their own god....Do you know unlike any spiritual book..in our Bhagwad Gita the word Hindu is not mentioned even once...thus we should always believe purity....And should try to give what we had got or will get.....Please so don’t point out any one religion..

Peace
    Har Har Mahadev
    There is duality in almost everything for sure.

As a Gnostic Christian, I am duty bound to point out the faults of my fellow Christians and that extends, given that we have all usurped the Jewish Yahweh, and his Jewish chimera son, Jesus.

The bible says that to correct foolish thinking is a great expression of love. 

That is why we are quick to point out to other Christians that they are reading the bible wrong if they think Yahweh was ever real.

Now there might have been a Jesus of the Chrestian religion variety but I doubt that we can ever prove it. Regardless, he, real or not, was a man. The Jesus in the Jesus Yahweh combo is not a man.

Be it your holy books or mine, myths are written to challenge minds. We have created all of our gods through them.

The evils are moral lessons. Those have divided Christians and Gnostics.

Christians see Yahweh as good, --- genocidal and infanticidal nature and all, --- while Gnostics look at that same information and see a vile god, --- that even my favorite Jewish comedian calls a prick.

There is no short way to explain what a Gnostic is, but you start with knowing that we are esoteric ecumenists, naturalists, dualists, lovers of science, yet recognizers of the fact that there are things we have yet to discover about our mysterious God.

We are perpetual seekers and believe that there are better rules and laws to live by than what is.

We were the intelligentsia before the killing for gods was institutionalized by Constantine's Christianity.

Gnostics are more like what the thinkers spoken of here were. A cut above.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

R 7

That is a taste of what we think. As free thinkers though, there is always disagreement on our interpretations of the myths.

We do respect and emulate the more esoteric an d mystical that you likely might relate to. 

Jesus in the scriptures while disliking what the scribes did with the Roman influence. 

Here is a look at that. Let me know your thoughts.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Regards

DL

romir7
  • SandSand 213 Pts
    * Bake for everyone
    (Matthew 7:12 In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.)
    (1 Corinthians 5:12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church?)

• romir7romir7 34 Pts
    edited August 2
    @GnosticChristian

ok I would try to understand and you can also read Bhagwad Gita if you want...

Thank you
    Peace
     Har Har Mahadev

GnosticChristian
  • edited August 2
    Sand said:
    * Bake for everyone
    (Matthew 7:12 In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.)
    (1 Corinthians 5:12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church?)

To that last quote.

Speaking og not judging the church.

Yep.

Ignore the child abuse at the hands of the clergy. 

Don't you think the pedophiles and lying preachers are well enough protected and exempt from the law already?

Christians want inquisitors power again.

I would say to all Christians, if there were any real ones,, --- Kiss this buddy, and get all your genocidal god loving buddies to do the same.

Regards
    DL
  • SandSand 213 Pts

You misunderstand:
    1 Corinthians 5:11, 12 - "But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church?"
    That scripture says do not judge those outside the church, but to judge those that are inside.

The church should treat everyone with love despite what they do. Unless they become part of the church then if they do something immoral then judge them and remove them from the church.
    GnosticChristian
  • Sand said:

You misunderstand:
    1 Corinthians 5:11, 12 - "But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church?"
    That scripture says do not judge those outside the church, but to judge those that are inside.

The church should treat everyone with love despite what they do. Unless they become part of the church then if they do something immoral then judge them and remove them from the church.
    To restrict one self from any judging is not the brightest thing to do.

You judge all kinds of things daily.

To ignore judging, especially morals as Christian cowards are prone to do do, is outright .

You might end like  Christians and Muslims and end in adoring a genocidal prick of a god.

I agree that religions should love all.

Instead, they hate all the people their god hates.

Regards
    DL
  • SwolliwSwolliw 164 Pts
    @Sand
    * Bake for everyone

.....Except for gays, because the Bible is also littered with hateful passages telling it's readers not to have anything to do with them.

"But, oh....we will bake cakes for short-haired, shaven grooms and those with tattoos cause us Christians only cherry-pick the passages in the Bible that condone our already built-in nasty prejudices.
    We're such a lovely bunch of scornful hypocrites, us Christians, ain't we? Dicky-Daido."

• SwolliwSwolliw 164 Pts
    @Sand
    * Bake for everyone

.....Except for gays, because the Bible is also littered with hateful passages telling it's readers not to have anything to do with them.

"But, oh....we will bake cakes for short-haired, shaven grooms and those with tattoos cause us Christians only cherry-pick the passages in the Bible that condone our already built-in nasty prejudices.
    We're such a lovely bunch of scornful hypocrites, us Christians, ain't we? Dicky-Daido."