Sin And Forgiveness - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is a leading online debate website and is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Sin And Forgiveness
in Religion

By SwolliwSwolliw 164 Pts
Q: What must one do before one can obtain forgiveness of sin?

A: Sin.
PlaffelvohfenxlJ_dolphin_473

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

• markemarke 334 Pts
    @Swolliw

It's its barest form, God's instruction for salvation from sins was given here:

King James Version
    And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
  • SwolliwSwolliw 164 Pts
    @marke
    "And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

Well, that's all very lovey-dovey on the face of it, but what is the passage actually saying?

"Convince yourself by numbing your brain into thinking that a mythological character who died 2000 years ago still exists and you will be rewarded by avoiding a certain eternity of being tortured in a burning inferno with not even a drop of water to touch your tongue."
  • markemarke 334 Pts
    @Swolliw

Mocking God will never help a sinner find forgiveness from God for his sins.
  • marke said:
    @Swolliw

Mocking God will never help a sinner find forgiveness from God for his sins.
    @marke
    Mocking God because the Bible is completely illogical, on the face of it quite hilarious, but something more dangerous if people actually believe it, will not help a 'sinner' find forgiveness from 'God' for his 'sins', but it will help to point out the illogicalities of the Bible. Also, it's a good laugh to debunk a text written thousands of years ago with no relevance today...
  • markemarke 334 Pts
    @xlJ_dolphin_473

You continue to mock God, the Bible and Christians because it is your opinion is that God does not exist.  That is not really a tolerant thing to do.
    xlJ_dolphin_473
  • DeeDee 2362 Pts
    @marke

A God that approves of slavery is mockworthy......I see you still have no response to biblical slavery or your God commanding abortions  why is that?

You've been asked 9 times now and no response why is that?

You may get help if you wish 
  • SwolliwSwolliw 164 Pts
    @marke
    "Mocking God will never help a sinner find forgiveness from God for his sins."

Suits me just fine.
    I have sinned and made my mistakes but ultimately it is me who forgives, lets go and moves on.
    I don't need some sort of security blanket in the form of an imaginary friend to tell me what's right and what's wrong.
    Only someone who is naive, gullible and impressionable needs to resort to such folly.
    xlJ_dolphin_473
  • SandSand 213 Pts
    Nowhere in the bible does God command to enslave anyone.

• DeeDee 2362 Pts
    @Sand

***£Nowhere in the bible does God command to enslave anyone.****

Your inability to comprehend what I said is staggering , I see its something Christians on here continuously do

I said your god approves of slavery he does it's all there in  the bible 

I also said your god commanded abortion  he does it's all there in the bible 
  • DeeDee 2362 Pts
    @Sand

Your inability to comprehend what I said is staggering , I see its something Christians on here continuously do

• DeeDee 2362 Pts
    @Sand

• markemarke 334 Pts
    @Dee

You keep saying God commands abortions.  I have never seen that.
  • markemarke 334 Pts
    @Swolliw

You remind me of what I heard a fellow say one time, "You have to learn to forgive yourself."