frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is The NY Times Anti-Trump?

Debate Information

Is The NY Times anti-Trump?
  1. Live Poll

?

14 votes
    1. Yes
      78.57%
    2. No
      21.43%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• lejerkreher_8lejerkreher_8 12 Pts   -  
    Yes, I believe that they endorsed Hillary Clinton when she was running.
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    Yes, The NY Times is an extremely byast news outlet.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Yes it is. I have been closely following their articles and it is always biased, although not as biased as Washington Post.
    also user comments from Trump-related articles are mostly anti-Trump biased.  It is more balanced though than Washington Post.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • albedoralbedor 12 Pts   -  
    Yes, it is completely.
  • lushae_2872lushae_2872 12 Pts   -  
    Yes, clearly.
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 810 Pts   -  
    Yes, and so what?
    jack
  • jackjack 447 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Is The NY Times Anti-Trump?

Hello p:

I wouldn't so much as call them anti-Trump, as I would pro democracy.

excon
    Dreamer
  • OpenmindedOpenminded 193 Pts   -  
    @punderjunde No. The New York Times is not anti-Trump. Because a media outlet may say negative things about Trump does not make it anti. Trump does this all on his own. Trump makes his own news, and has always marketed himself with exaggerated achievements, wealth and status. Because he´s a New Yorker, New Yorkers know him. Since the times of directing his staff to put on applications for rentals in his apartments - a ¨C¨ for colored, since he refused to pay his workers what was promised (enter abuse of the judicial system, he knew that his workers could not wait for $ so they were forced to settle for much less), since his abuse of the judicial system (3500 lawsuits over 30 years), since his propagating the ¨Central Park 5¨  where he demonized five black young men for a rape they didn´t do and were eventually found innocent, and since his propagating that Obama was not an American citizen and pushed the conspiracy even after Obama showed his birth certificate). He made his own sketchy, ugly past. He is a familiar ¨celebrity¨ in New York. He creates his own chaos. He creates his own news. He creates his own problems. Because he´s a narcissist, he simply cannot face humiliation. Humiliation to a narcissist is like holy water to the devil. Trump creates his own bad news by doing bad things.Trump is not above the law and will be prosecuted for his evils. THAT will be when America begins mending.
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 853 Pts   -   edited December 2023
    @punderjunde No. The New York Times is not anti-Trump. Because a media outlet may say negative things about Trump does not make it anti. Trump does this all on his own. Trump makes his own news, and has always marketed himself with exaggerated achievements, wealth and status. Because he´s a New Yorker, New Yorkers know him. Since the times of directing his staff to put on applications for rentals in his apartments - a ¨C¨ for colored, since he refused to pay his workers what was promised (enter abuse of the judicial system, he knew that his workers could not wait for $ so they were forced to settle for much less), since his abuse of the judicial system (3500 lawsuits over 30 years), since his propagating the ¨Central Park 5¨  where he demonized five black young men for a rape they didn´t do and were eventually found innocent, and since his propagating that Obama was not an American citizen and pushed the conspiracy even after Obama showed his birth certificate). He made his own sketchy, ugly past. He is a familiar ¨celebrity¨ in New York. He creates his own chaos. He creates his own news. He creates his own problems. Because he´s a narcissist, he simply cannot face humiliation. Humiliation to a narcissist is like holy water to the devil. Trump creates his own bad news by doing bad things.Trump is not above the law and will be prosecuted for his evils. THAT will be when America begins mending.
    As former New York Times writer, Nikole Hannah-Jones admitted “all journalism is activism.”  You mentioned the 5 Black guys Trump mentioned, but failed to mention that four of them admitted they were guilty before Trump's comments.  You blame Trump for saying they were guilty, but exonerate them for making the claim before he did.  Your words are not truth, but propaganda.  In the same way the NYT falsely accused Trump of Russian collusion for years.  The NYT silenced stories on Hunter's laptop while getting a Pulitzer for lying about Trump and Russian collusion.  Yet, you stand here and say they are objective, when their own writers say they are activists?  SMH
    Argument Topic: As former New York Times writer, Nikole Hannah-Jones admitted “all journalism is activism.”

@just_sayin
    The Central Park 5 admitted guilt because they were coerced by police into giving false confessions. Trump, as racists do, took out a full page ad to bring back the death penalty soon after it happened. Hereś one quote of trump´s: “They should be forced to suffer and, when they kill, they should be executed for their crimes. They must serve as examples for their crimes,” He was talking about the Central Park Five. Many other remarks were made about them so as to cover up his major blunder. He refused to apologize after they were found innocent. I urge you to research how he treated his past employees when payment was due. I urge you to research how many illegal immigrants he hired over the years as he paid slave wages to them and bragged about getting rid of ¨illegals¨ in the US. I urge you to look up how his father and him directed staff to alert them when blacks applied to live in their apartments - staff needed to write a ¨C¨ for colored. I urge you to look up how he harassed Obama and propagated the false lie that Obama was not a US citizen. He is a racist. Now, you can continue rooting for your hero. I understand that admitting you´ve been conned and bamboozled is a hard pill to swallow, but the sooner you admit that he´s a fraud, the more life you´ll be able to enjoy. And lastly, please don´t follow his lead in using childish, bullying tactics.
    Argument Topic: A link - this is one of hundreds explaining how trump profiteered off his workers.

@just_sayin
    https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/282933-report-trump-has-refused-to-pay-hundreds-of-workers/

Heś a thug and pilfers off of Americans.

• BoganBogan 419 Pts   -  
    When the "Russia collusion" scandal first appeared in blazing banner headlines all over the Left wing press, I did not even bother to follow the endless "news" specials" which supposedly "proved" that Donald Trump was supposedly a Russian agent.   It sounded like complete rubbish to me from a hoplesssly biased news media which seemed obsessed (like Mr Openminded) to finding something, anything, to delegitimize President Trump.    Not surprisingly, the whole thing was eventually exposed as a pack of lies dreamed up by the Hillary dirty tricks department and advocated by that slimy Adam Schiff.

Now Mr Openminded is making another claim which supposedly "proves" that Donald Trump is unfit for office.     I can neither verify nor dismiss his claim that Mr Trump supposedly short changed his contractors.     But I suspect it is just another "get Trump" conspiracy from a media which seems to absolutely obsessed with destroying a man who is a threat to their left wing establishment.     Confirmation that this is just cr-ap comes from the testimony from Deutche Bank executives in one of Donald Trump's trials, who were reported as saying by Sky News, that the executives consider Mr Trump to be scrupulously honest in his dealing with them.     

• just_sayinjust_sayin 853 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin
    The Central Park 5 admitted guilt because they were coerced by police into giving false confessions. Trump, as racists do, took out a full page ad to bring back the death penalty soon after it happened. Hereś one quote of trump´s: “They should be forced to suffer and, when they kill, they should be executed for their crimes. They must serve as examples for their crimes,” He was talking about the Central Park Five. Many other remarks were made about them so as to cover up his major blunder. He refused to apologize after they were found innocent. I urge you to research how he treated his past employees when payment was due. I urge you to research how many illegal immigrants he hired over the years as he paid slave wages to them and bragged about getting rid of ¨illegals¨ in the US. I urge you to look up how his father and him directed staff to alert them when blacks applied to live in their apartments - staff needed to write a ¨C¨ for colored. I urge you to look up how he harassed Obama and propagated the false lie that Obama was not a US citizen. He is a racist. Now, you can continue rooting for your hero. I understand that admitting you´ve been conned and bamboozled is a hard pill to swallow, but the sooner you admit that he´s a fraud, the more life you´ll be able to enjoy. And lastly, please don´t follow his lead in using childish, bullying tactics.
    It seems unfair to call Trump racist for calling the Central Park 5 guilty, when 4 of the 5 said themselves they were guilty before he did.  Agreeing with someone who says they are guilty is not racist.  You claim they were framed.  That's not Trump's fault they said they were guilty.  Trump is not responsible that they lied.  Trump is also not responsible for the actions of his father.  Trump did question Obama's birth certificate because Obama refused to produce the long form for sometime.  When he did Trump admitted he was wrong.  That is not racist.  But do you know what is racist?  Supporting racist policies which discriminate against someone for being Asian or white in college admissions, hiring, promotions, benefits, grants, scholarships, contracts, or awards - that's racist.  Biden and much of the left do support this form of racism.  Trump does not.

Trump fought to unchain poor Black children in need of educational freedom by pushing school choice.  Biden fought to keep poor Black children enslaved to bad public schools and even tried to stop the only Federal voucher program in the US for DC public schools which is almost 90 percent Black children.  Biden, like Obama, opposed increased grants and loan forgiveness for HBCUs - but Trump forgave the debt Obama said 'no' to and significantly increased grants to HBCUs.  Trump enacted empowerment zones in inner city neighborhoods - helping Black businesses - while Obama and Biden opposed them.  Trump fought against illegal labor, which Obama's own Civil Rights Commission on Illegal Immigration stated that illegal labor costs the average Black worker between $1,000 - $2,000 a year in reduced wages.  Biden tore down Trump's wall and enacted policies resulting in the immigration crisis.  

Your racism charges are innuendo and a product of your own imagination.  While the racism of Biden and the left is factual and documented.  
    GiantMan
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -   edited December 2023
    just_sayin said:

As former New York Times writer, Nikole Hannah-Jones admitted “all journalism is activism.”  You mentioned the 5 Black guys Trump mentioned, but failed to mention that four of them admitted they were guilty before Trump's comments.  You blame Trump for saying they were guilty, but exonerate them for making the claim before he did.  Your words are not truth, but propaganda.  In the same way the NYT falsely accused Trump of Russian collusion for years.  The NYT silenced stories on Hunter's laptop while getting a Pulitzer for lying about Trump and Russian collusion.  Yet, you stand here and say they are objective, when their own writers say they are activists?  SMH
    That lady's position is quite horrible. I do not know where she studied journalism, but her statements run against the most basic ethical principles of the profession. Journalism is about journaling and documenting, not analyzing and concluding. Much like a scientist, when doing science, must remove himself from equation and let the work speak for itself, a journalist, when doing journalism, must not be present in the material. 

She seems quite confused about her professional role. Nobody expects her to pretend that she has no feelings or opinions. What one should expect of her, however, is putting these aside when at work. At home she is free to cry and yell as much as she wants; at work she must compose yourself and do the, well, work. There are journalists like Christiane Amanpour or Douglas Murray who go to conflict zones and see living humans exploding before their eyes - then come back and report on this cold-heartedly. This lady cannot even deal with her feelings when writing about mundane domestic matters - what kind of a journalist is that? It is like a navy seal who sees a dog on the street and cowers in fear.

It is always amusing when people project their vices onto everyone else. She cannot handle her feelings, she is run by them at all times and lacks the minimum strength to put them aside when required - so she assumes that all other journalists are the same. No, lady, it is just you.
    Argument Topic: Now Mr Openminded is making another claim which supposedly "proves" that Donald Trump is unfit for office. I can neither verify nor dismiss his claim that Mr Trump supposedly short changed his contractors.

@Bogan
    Itś easily provable by the hundreds of articles written on the subject. You need only type in Google ¨Did Trump stiff his workers¨  I´ll be interested to see how you feel about these articles.
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 853 Pts   -  
    MayCaesar said:
    just_sayin said:

That lady's position is quite horrible. I do not know where she studied journalism, but her statements run against the most basic ethical principles of the profession. Journalism is about journaling and documenting, not analyzing and concluding. Much like a scientist, when doing science, must remove himself from equation and let the work speak for itself, a journalist, when doing journalism, must not be present in the material. 

She seems quite confused about her professional role. Nobody expects her to pretend that she has no feelings or opinions. What one should expect of her, however, is putting these aside when at work. At home she is free to cry and yell as much as she wants; at work she must compose yourself and do the, well, work. There are journalists like Christiane Amanpour or Douglas Murray who go to conflict zones and see living humans exploding before their eyes - then come back and report on this cold-heartedly. This lady cannot even deal with her feelings when writing about mundane domestic matters - what kind of a journalist is that? It is like a navy seal who sees a dog on the street and cowers in fear.

It is always amusing when people project their vices onto everyone else. She cannot handle her feelings, she is run by them at all times and lacks the minimum strength to put them aside when required - so she assumes that all other journalists are the same. No, lady, it is just you.
    Nikole Hannah-Jones won a Pulitzer for her commentary.  She wrote the 1619 Project.  And is the inaugural Knight Chair in Race and Journalism at Howard University.  She is a reflection of her industry, not an aberration.  

Christiane Amanpour has made multiple anti-Semitic comments over the years.  She has consistently downplayed terrorism from Hamas and the PLO, while mischaracterizing Israel's responses.  Just do your own Google search on 'Christian Amanpour anti-Semitic' and see for yourself.  
  • BoganBogan 419 Pts   -  
    @Openminded

Itś easily provable by the hundreds of articles written on the subject. You need only type in Google ¨Did Trump stiff his workers¨  I´ll be interested to see how you feel about these articles.

There were "hundreds of articles" written claiming that Donald Trump was a Russian agent, and it was all cr-ap.       Here in Australia the extreme left ABC (Australian Broadcasting Commission) actually advertised a two part "expose" "proving" that Donald Trump was a Russian agent.        They got egg all over their faces and had to cancel the "expose" when the US Congress realised that the whole fabrication was dreamed up by Adam Schiff.     Schiff is so dishonest that when he dies, they will not be able to stick him in a straight grave.  They will have to screw him into the ground.  
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin

She might be a reflection of her industry as it stands now, but that says more about the current state of the industry, than profession in itself. As for Amanpour, again, as I said, a journalist is free to express their private opinions in various settings, however despicable some might find said opinions to be. The difference between a good and a bad journalist is that the former knows to leave their private opinions and feelings aside when working on a story, while the latter does not. A proper journalist is someone who sees a Hamas soldier kill an Israeli child, then an Israeli soldier kill an Arab child, then writes about both - regardless of which of these acts she is inclined to downplay in a private commentary.
    GiantMan
    Argument Topic: There were "hundreds of articles" written claiming that Donald Tru

@Bogan
    Did you bother to read anything on trump´s past evils?
    I do believe we have a cult member here at DebateIsland.
    I´ll say one thing for Trump. Taken from Hitler´s playbook, Trump used ¨Fake Media¨ even before he won in 2016. As Hitler used ¨Lugenpresse - Lying Press¨. It worked. Supporters believe no one but the dictator. I feel sorry for trump supporters. He really conned you all. At this point, you should be able to discern between propaganda, fake news, and credible news.
  • BoganBogan 419 Pts   -  
    @Openminded

Yet I am prepared to debate you in good faith, while you are the one who runs away from free speech.     Why don't you just sit in the corner and heckle like your comrades Dee, Piloteer, Barnadot, and John Smith?  When you work up some courage to try again, then I am happy to take you on.
    @Bogan You flatter yourself. For the record 1) I am not running from free speech, I am removing myself from ugly speech 2) Don´t feel like heckling 3) Take me on with your AR-15?
  • BoganBogan 419 Pts   -  
    I would rather take you on with my capacity for incisive logic and reasoned thought   "Keyboards at twenty paces?    Take this, vartlet .(smack),      And this (smack)

It is amusing how people like yourself consider that you are intellectually and morally superior to your opponents, yet when challenged to really justify your values and attitudes in a debate with a switched on inferior, you typically run out of the arena throwing insults and curses as you go.     I really do think that the reason that most of you do that is berceuse, despite the overly high opinion you have of yourselves, you really are frightened of putting that high opinion of yourselves to the test.   

If you really do have brains, then it is time for you to flee your sinking ship of leftism, which is increasingly being seen by the public as the refuge of lunatics.       It is just amazing how the neo-Marxists commissars have used sophisticated advertising techniques to present their always failing ideas as the ideas of the young and intelligent.    That was all they had to do, and you and your caste of intellectual wannabees ran after their causses like a pack of yapping dogs.     No need to bother to think.   Just memorize a few slogans and run with the pack.       Your Neo-Marxist leaders had you figured out and they knew that you would never bother to ever turn on your capacity for reasoned thought, because you were much more interested in being seen as one of the new aristocratic caste of university educated brahmins.   

Well, Mr 'Openminded" (a misnomer there), this is a debate site where you can test the validity your leftist opinions by debating against people who know what they are doing.      If your Leftist views are so valid, then you should have no trouble at all putting an electrician like me in my place.   But if you can not, then it might be time to drop the overbearing and supercilious pose and start wondering why your leftist views are so easilly dismissed with reason and logic?     Ask yourself, how could any sane person think that a man putting on a dress and calling himself "a woman" is in any way valid?     If they have brainwashed you to accept that fantasy then I doubt if I can help you to think straight again.    
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited December 2023
    @Bogan

Why don't you just sit in the corner and heckle like your comrades Dee, Piloteer, Barnadot, and John Smith?  

You mean like the amount of times I've destroyed you and you childish racist assertions.
    OpenmindedGiantMan
    Argument Topic: I would rather take you on with my capacity for incisive logic and reasoned thought "Keyboards at twenty paces? Take this, vartlet .(smack), And this (smack)

@Bogan
    I am not running from free speech. I do not like engaging with bullying, and angry people whose posts are unchecked ugly speech meant only to incite. Engaging with people who´ve adopted trumpism - the projection of your own torments onto others - brings me down to a level I´m uncomfortable with and ashamed of. You cannot debate reasonably with someone who is not grounded in reality. Get yourself grounded.

DeejackGiantMan
  • BoganBogan 419 Pts   -  
    @Dee

For how long have you had these delusions of adequacy, Dee?
    Openminded